Author Topic: Amazing Race Canada 6 PRE RACE NEWS and SPECULATION  (Read 33425 times)

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Canada 6 PRE RACE NEWS and SPECULATION
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2018, 03:46:58 PM »
I've seen spec about a visit to the U.S., and I just can't get behind it. America to Canadians is old news and would not be even remotely "foreign." I have a friend who lives in Toronto and he goes down to Buffalo just to shop! The only exception I could think of is maybe Hawaii or Alaska (especially if its a Hyder, Alaska - Stewart, BC thing, which are within walking distance of each other).

Do you know there is a library in Quebec that straddles the border? You can cross over to the US without actually crossing over to the US. There is a dividing line on the floor...it's hilarious. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-us-canada-border-runs-through-this-tiny-library This would make for a fun task.
I agree with you about Hawaii, but I'm not too sure about Alaska.

Yeah! Derby Line, Vermont! That would be cool! Or perhaps a visit to the Peace Garden, on the border of Manitoba and North Dakota.

But besides all those, I just can’t see visits to New York or Los Angeles or anything.

Even those I'm not soo sure.. I mean with last season's leg in Sault-Ste-Marie, they were this close to the US, and didn't go...

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2018, 04:36:21 PM »
And it seems that this year's title will be: The Amazing Race Canada: Heroes Edition

https://twitter.com/mikebickerton/status/970401298888773632
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:30:56 AM by stunami »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2018, 02:58:39 AM »
SO where would HEROES start?? Anything in Canada a specifically heroic spot?

US could be Iwo Jima monument/Pearl Harbor/Arlington Cemetary etc...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2018, 11:41:50 AM »
SO where would HEROES start?? Anything in Canada a specifically heroic spot?

US could be Iwo Jima monument/Pearl Harbor/Arlington Cemetary etc...

Sorry, I meant I knew it would be the hero season, but I meant that it will be in the title, this is not just The Amazing Race Canada 6 or just Amazing Race Canada. It think it will be in the design as well, in the intro and everything.

As for heroic spot:

- Terry Fox related (he was born in Winnipeg)
- Anything related to war (Canadian war museum?)
- The New holocaust monument in Ottawa
- Viola Desmond (Black women in Nova Scotia who was asked to change place in a cinema, ala Rosa Park)
- Women's right to vote (Suffragette mouvement in Manitoba, first province to let women vote)
- Sir Frederick Banting : invented insulin (Banting House in London, Ontario)
- Indigenous people related monument

Online Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2018, 03:29:32 PM »
I hate to be the odd man out and ask, but just because the contestants themselves are considered "heroes," does that necessarily mean that the locations as well will be "hero-centric?" Could it just be a normal route, but with heroic teams and challenges?
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2018, 11:03:14 PM »
I hate to be the odd man out and ask, but just because the contestants themselves are considered "heroes," does that necessarily mean that the locations as well will be "hero-centric?" Could it just be a normal route, but with heroic teams and challenges?

I think we just hero team and THAT'S IT!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2018, 08:53:07 AM »
I think one location to look out for is the Terry Fox Monument, in Thunder Bay!
TB has not be visited yet (I think if they do another Ontario leg this season it's between Thunder Bay/Windsor/London) and it would really be a nice symbol to visit this monument, because Terry Fox is considered as one of the most heroic canadian ever!

Th monument offers a panoramic view of TB and they could catch lots of flight going directly to Toronto, and from there the rest of Canada is open!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Fox_Memorial_and_Lookout

Maybe even for the starting line?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:56:08 AM by stunami »

Offline The Amazing JAJ

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2018, 06:24:53 AM »
I wonder if the casting crew will keep a slot open for an Olympian team?  :cheer:

Online Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2018, 02:26:48 PM »
I wonder if the casting crew will keep a slot open for an Olympian team?  :cheer:

I think its feasible. If memory serves right, TARC has never had a team of summer Olympians?
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2018, 06:45:19 PM »

I think its feasible. If memory serves right, TARC has never had a team of summer Olympians?

Remember, Canadian hero's!

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2018, 11:27:19 AM »
Having learned about the filming window for US TAR31 and that the US and Canada versions do share some common crew.

I think it is almost safe to assume we'll probably get another Mid-April to Mid-May filming window for TAR Can 6, so they can finish before the US filming starts.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2018, 09:16:05 PM »
Having learned about the filming window for US TAR31 and that the US and Canada versions do share some common crew.

I think it is almost safe to assume we'll probably get another Mid-April to Mid-May filming window for TAR Can 6, so they can finish before the US filming starts.

They always do last week of April (or like first few days of May if it falls in that week), but do you think they may start 1-2 weeks earlier to be done by mid-may?

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2018, 12:52:23 AM »
Can't wait for the filmings to start.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2018, 03:09:38 AM »

They always do last week of April (or like first few days of May if it falls in that week), but do you think they may start 1-2 weeks earlier to be done by mid-may?

Usually, TAR Canada films in around mid-April and ends in mid/late-May. There is coincidence between this and TAR 31 filming at the end of May.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:08:54 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2018, 08:19:36 AM »
Yes Claude there is a coincidence when the crew overlaps.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline The Amazing JAJ

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2018, 06:04:01 PM »
Hopefully, the race will be on soon! Any info yet?

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2018, 03:30:40 PM »
The gender breakdown will likely be 3 F/F, 2 M/M, and 5 M/F, i.e. last season's with the same-sex team ratios inverted and the co-eds kept the same to maximize the latter's winning potential.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2018, 04:02:14 PM »

The gender breakdown will likely be 3 F/F, 2 M/M, and 5 M/F, i.e. last season's with the same-sex team ratios inverted and the co-eds kept the same to maximize the latter's winning potential.

Yeah, I agree!

They usually start on a end-of -the-week timeline, I don't think they will start tomorrow but probably by the end of next week!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2018, 02:55:04 AM »
My guess is 3 FF/ 4 MF/ 3 MM if they do 10 teams.
If they do 11 teams, I think they will overload MF teams (5) and have even co-ed teams.

I don't think they want another MM team to win. I think it would be more fun to see an FF team or MF team take it so they could overload those types of teams. I could see a season 4 of 2 MM teams come back in play.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2018, 06:49:21 AM »

Yeah, I agree!

They usually start on a end-of -the-week timeline, I don't think they will start tomorrow but probably by the end of next week!

Also concur, with the latest possible starting date no more than a fortnight from today.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2018, 09:10:17 AM »
So we know it's starting today!! :cheer:
It could be anywhere except Toronto (Crew from Toronto posted pics/insta in planes so we know they are flying to the starting line). One flight I saw was around 7 am from Pearson in an Air Canada flight (Options are: Vancouver/Calgary/Montreal/Charlottetown)

My best guess would be an early departure on the West Coast, BC/Yukon. So it would be late enought everywhere in Canada for everybody (Like 9 am in Vancouver is 12 eastern and 13h in the maritimes)

Maybe Victoria or Nanaimo?

We will find out soon  :D

Offline The Amazing JAJ

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2018, 09:31:12 AM »
So exciting!  :cheer:  :cheer: :conf:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2018, 10:15:42 AM »
As 10 new teams congregate today at a secret location hosting the official starting line, CTV announced that Season 6 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will be comprised of 10 heroic teams featuring Canadian heroes. THE AMAZING RACE CANADA: HEROES EDITION premieres later this year on CTV.

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/ctv-celebrates-the-canadian-heroes-among-us-with-the-first-ever-the-amazing-race-canada-heroes-edition-this-years-race-kicks-off-today-with-a-facebook-live-event-in-partnership-with/
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »
They've given an approximate start time of 3:45 PM ET. (per FB)