Author Topic: Amazing Race Canada 6 PRE RACE NEWS and SPECULATION  (Read 33423 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race Canada 6 PRE RACE NEWS and SPECULATION
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 03:30:14 PM »
If you want to make wish lists then let's not do that here.

Intelligent spec about places to go is welcomed.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 05:33:18 PM »
Do we think that Manitoba, Prince Edward Island and Nunavut will be visited, as they only have 1 visit? Canadians, thoughts?

For international, do we think USA will FINALLY get a visit? Due to them being neighbours lol. What about the UK? Possible if they fly there after going to a city like Halifax or Montreal/Quebec!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 09:37:47 AM »
Do we think that Manitoba, Prince Edward Island and Nunavut will be visited, as they only have 1 visit? Canadians, thoughts?

For international, do we think USA will FINALLY get a visit? Due to them being neighbours lol. What about the UK? Possible if they fly there after going to a city like Halifax or Montreal/Quebec!

The thing with these 3 is that beside the main city already visited (Winnipeg, Charlottetown, Iqaluit), there is no other big main attraction (I feel, maybe I'm wrong) it's mostly small cities. But for the classic 'Maritime' leg, I could see them doing a PEI leg with a task or two in Charlottetown, and then moving to another side of the island.

I was so sure that last season's finale would be in Winnipeg (every finish is always a big city, and it's been 3 seasons without Manitoba) so I feel like maybe next season's finale could be Winnipeg.

CocoNuts

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 10:26:37 AM »
What about the UK? Possible if they fly there after going to a city like Halifax or Montreal/Quebec!

St. John's actually has direct flights to London and Dublin!!!

CocoNuts

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 10:30:04 AM »
I think we should be looking in BC, NB, NS, PE, NV, and YK for start lines! A province has never had more than one start!!

We should be looking at places Canada is connected to through war and sports as the season is "heroes"! It would only be fitting to visit where Canada was at war, or won in sports, academics, etc.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2018, 10:45:48 AM »
I think we should be looking in BC, NB, NS, PE, NV, and YK for start lines! A province has never had more than one start!!

We should be looking at places Canada is connected to through war and sports as the season is "heroes"! It would only be fitting to visit where Canada was at war, or won in sports, academics, etc.

That's true! And we just had St-John's, so maybe not the 3 other atlantic provinces. Maybe a BC start? Victoria, ferry to Vancouver and it gives lots of option for a leg in the north, and then International!

CocoNuts

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2018, 10:47:25 AM »

That's true! And we just had St-John's, so maybe not the 3 other atlantic provinces. Maybe a BC start? Victoria, ferry to Vancouver and it gives lots of option for a leg in the north, and then International!

Right! BC is probably the most likely for a start! Victoria, Vancouver, Kewlona, the unvisited Kamloops?? A Revelstoke start?? 

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 11:52:11 AM »
Just to refresh everyone's mind, here is a chart of Startlines/1st Legs and Penultimate/Finish Lines.
(There are some VERY INTERESTING patterns there)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:56:59 AM by WindsorSue »

CocoNuts

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 12:09:29 PM »
I am the only person shocked Banff hasn't been visited??

I could see a Nahanni National Park visit too as it is Canada's newest national park

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2018, 02:34:19 PM »
Just to refresh everyone's mind, here is a chart of Startlines/1st Legs and Penultimate/Finish Lines.

What do you see? :P

I see big city finish line
Never the same province for starting line - first leg

also fun fact: All starting line place have been visited in the first season (except the icefield in season 2 but they went to Calgary after so it still works)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2018, 03:45:59 PM »

What do you see? :P

I see big city finish line
Never the same province for starting line - first leg

also fun fact: All starting line place have been visited in the first season (except the icefield in season 2 but they went to Calgary after so it still works)

Start Lines alternate East/West (but we speculated that before) S6 s/b West-"ish"?
Finish Lines: East/East/West/East/East. S6 s/b West-ish???
Neither start or finish lines in "the Middle" (LOL) meaning Manitoba or Saskatchewan. Neither start or finish lines in the Maritimes.

CocoNuts

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2018, 03:07:04 PM »
I predict BC start, New Brunswick first leg, Manitoba penultimate leg, and Alberta finish line.

CocoNuts

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2018, 03:08:06 PM »
Any theories for international legs??

And where was the clip of john promoting this season filmed? Could that possibly be the starting destination??

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2018, 03:21:30 PM »
I'd guess they might try giving Africa a shot again after Kenya plans fell through for season 5. Maybe not Kenya, but somewhere on the continent.

CocoNuts

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2018, 03:34:39 PM »
Depending on film dates, Montreal to Casablanca would work! Direct flights! It would be awesome if it was the very first flight run.

I think Europe should get a visit as it hasn't been visited since the very first international season!! Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, UK, Germany, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Czechia, Spain, Portugal would all be great!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2018, 04:47:43 PM »
I predict United States (New York and LA) and England (London) will get international legs!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2018, 09:28:59 AM »
A  west coast starting line could be possible (maybe on Vancouver Island - Victoria/Nanaimo- because it hasn't been visited since season 2) But I think if they start there, then we would have the first leg in the maritimes or up in the north. It's crazy to think that 4 out of 5 first legs have been in BC/Alberta, with only S3 had a first leg east in Toronto (which lets be honest is considered more of Central Canada than east).

As for international legs, I don't know if we will ever get a US leg... I mean they even could have crossed last season in the SSM leg, they were so closed, but they didn't. So unless they do a Alaska/Hawaii leg, I don't think we will get a mainland USA leg. Same with the UK, the connection is so obvious but they haven't visited yet.

If we get Sinorama as a sponsor again next year, they we must expect another 1-2 leg in Asia. They do visits to China, Vietnam, Japan, India, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Laos. I predict Japan! If they go there, they can talk about the camps we put Japanese-Canadian during the second world war. A dark period of our history. Singapore is another good option.

Sinorama also does organizes tours in all of Europe. For the same WW2 connection we could have Belgium and Netherlands, or Italy.

Other possibilities:
- Brazil (If they go to South America) direct flights.
- Mexico
- Morocco (If they want to go to Africa, it's the easiest and maybe safest option)
- Israel (direct flights to Tel Aviv from Toronto)
- Dubai (a TAR Classic)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2018, 12:59:05 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2018, 04:12:37 PM »
Organ transplants recipients recruited?

http://www.kapuskasingtimes.com/2018/01/09/chainey-hoping-for-amazing-2018

They could fit the profile, but I don't know if doing this article killed their chances...

Offline RovingRick

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2018, 10:02:13 AM »
This link is to the Kidney Foundation of Canada's November 2017 e-newsletter:
https://us4.campaign-archive.com/?u=6cff085ceb8e4dec869bdb9a3&id=bfebab2960

Amazing Race Seeks Applicants Impacted by Organ Donation
The Amazing Race Canada, which returns for a 6th season in the summer of 2018, is looking for heroes, in particular, every day and unsung heroes who make a difference in their family, community and country. Producers are hoping to tell the story of an individual or team of individuals affected by organ donation / a living kidney transplant, be it as donor, recipient, caregiver or family member. To apply, adventurous, active, energetic teams of two are invited to upload a three-minute video to tell producers why they are ready to win the race together. Visit their website.

Offline RovingRick

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2018, 09:12:39 AM »
Hmmm, are they still working on casting for TARC 6?
From Mike Bickerton's twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/mikebickerton/status/953631714030641153
Mike Bickerton Jan 17

Courteous Canadian of the Day award goes to @SallyCattoCBC who offered to let a colleague and I hop in a taxi first after the noms press conference yesterday so we could get back to casting #AmazingRaceCanada 👍🏼💖 Thanks!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2018, 09:23:28 AM »
Hmmm, are they still working on casting for TARC 6?
From Mike Bickerton's twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/mikebickerton/status/953631714030641153
Mike Bickerton Jan 17

Courteous Canadian of the Day award goes to @SallyCattoCBC who offered to let a colleague and I hop in a taxi first after the noms press conference yesterday so we could get back to casting #AmazingRaceCanada 👍🏼💖 Thanks!

Oh sure they are not done yet!
Frankie (from season 4) said on facebook it went something like :

- You send your application
- Then they contact you to answer a written questionnaire
- Then first interview (those pictures and tweets we saw from them going around Canada is for this round, around december-January)
- Second interview around end of January -february (I think in Toronto maybe?)
- Then they decides which teams they want

I think Frankie said they knew one month in advance, around March, that they were cast. So the casting is far from being done!
- Then they decide who they

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2018, 11:01:14 PM »
I've seen spec about a visit to the U.S., and I just can't get behind it. America to Canadians is old news and would not be even remotely "foreign." I have a friend who lives in Toronto and he goes down to Buffalo just to shop! The only exception I could think of is maybe Hawaii or Alaska (especially if its a Hyder, Alaska - Stewart, BC thing, which are within walking distance of each other).
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2018, 08:33:23 AM »
I've seen spec about a visit to the U.S., and I just can't get behind it. America to Canadians is old news and would not be even remotely "foreign." I have a friend who lives in Toronto and he goes down to Buffalo just to shop! The only exception I could think of is maybe Hawaii or Alaska (especially if its a Hyder, Alaska - Stewart, BC thing, which are within walking distance of each other).

Do you know there is a library in Quebec that straddles the border? You can cross over to the US without actually crossing over to the US. There is a dividing line on the floor...it's hilarious. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-us-canada-border-runs-through-this-tiny-library This would make for a fun task.
I agree with you about Hawaii, but I'm not too sure about Alaska.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2018, 11:37:57 AM »

Do you know there is a library in Quebec that straddles the border? You can cross over to the US without actually crossing over to the US. There is a dividing line on the floor...it's hilarious. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-us-canada-border-runs-through-this-tiny-library This would make for a fun task.
I agree with you about Hawaii, but I'm not too sure about Alaska.

Yeah! Derby Line, Vermont! That would be cool! Or perhaps a visit to the Peace Garden, on the border of Manitoba and North Dakota.

But besides all those, I just can’t see visits to New York or Los Angeles or anything.
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman