Author Topic: "JODY" Discussion  (Read 10850 times)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: "JODY" Discussion
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 04:02:33 PM »
Can you guys not read?

Online Lexie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 04:07:46 PM »
Sorry, I realized after my last post this isn't the place to debate Jody love and hate.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 04:13:33 PM »
Sorry, I realized after my last post this isn't the place to debate Jody love and hate.

Okay cool, sorry if I was harsh. Now back to TAR 30 :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 04:43:14 PM »
Bitch, Moan, And Squeal for joy right here.

Anything about THEM or their BB stay goes here.

Anything DIRECTLY related to TAR 30 goes in 30 Discussion.

Got it?? Good.  :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The #RoadtoRussia is still alive!
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 06:16:52 PM »
Like I've said before I haven't and never will watch Big Brother, so it's going to be interesting to see how they 'play' the race!

Please not be Brendan and Rachel 2.0!
Tim Cahill carries the Australian soccer team

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »
I watched the live feeds too. I don't know what this has to do with the race? It seems a lot of jess and cody fans are clogging up this board with no information about the actual race

No offense to anyone who wants to talk strictly BB, but this thread's kind of the point. Take everything Cody/Jessica (not related to TAR) to its own separate thread, and anything TAR-related goes in its proper thread. Everyone wins.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2017, 09:19:09 PM »
Please not be Brendan and Rachel 2.0!
I hope not! No team will ever be as great as Brendon and Rachel.  :hoot:

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2017, 12:14:04 AM »
Just something that may be relevant to the social skills issue that I don't recall being mentioned. Cody spent several years in the Air Force and Marines and Jessica is some sort of 'VIP concierge'. I would think that both of these would require at least a modicum of social skills to get along. I also watched BB and the feeds. Perhaps in that environment they just didn't want to 'suffer fools gladly'.

Online gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #LookWhatYouMadeMeDo
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2017, 12:43:31 AM »
Considering how toxic the people were in the BB19 house, I actually think their social game might be better this season with TAR being a more positive and active show in general. It's bizarre seeing Cody smile with other teams in view as well in their sightings :lol:
"But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time
I've got a list of names and yours is in red, underlined
I check it once, then I check it twice (oh)"

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The #RoadtoRussia is still alive!
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 01:01:11 AM »
Just something that may be relevant to the social skills issue that I don't recall being mentioned. Cody spent several years in the Air Force and Marines and Jessica is some sort of 'VIP concierge'. I would think that both of these would require at least a modicum of social skills to get along. I also watched BB and the feeds. Perhaps in that environment they just didn't want to 'suffer fools gladly'.

Welcome to RFF, ghostbusted!
Tim Cahill carries the Australian soccer team

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 09:13:25 AM »
so i just looked at the pic posted- a jody fan bought them food in the airport because they dont give enough money on the leg for that. That completely gives them an edge over other teams because the sleep and food deprivation starts to mess with your thinking. Thats the whole point of it. Kindve stinks they get preferential treatment because they are known from another show :groan:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2017, 09:22:56 AM »
so i just looked at the pic posted- a jody fan bought them food in the airport because they dont give enough money on the leg for that. That completely gives them an edge over other teams because the sleep and food deprivation starts to mess with your thinking. Thats the whole point of it. Kindve stinks they get preferential treatment because they are known from another show :groan:

Well, there's really no rule against them accepting money from people...I think. Boston Rob got helped plenty.

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2017, 09:30:44 AM »

surely they will be recognized and helped more than NBA All-Star, best competitive eater in the world or Indy500 champion.

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2017, 09:31:52 AM »
Surely they will =) I speak sarcasm too.

surely they will be recognized and helped more than NBA All-Star, best competitive eater in the world or Indy500 champion.

Offline TrustCluster

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 09:33:29 AM »

Guy who gave them the bag with stuff here - I am a big Jody fan and was  hoping to give it to them but if they had ran past me and another team would've seen me, I would still have given it away  :P

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2017, 09:33:48 AM »
Fans always help. An airport skill is using that, if they get a sandwich or some water that is a skill and works for them. I have no problem with it.

I do think they changed the rules about the initial airport, they are not allowed to accept $$ there. And they may have a $$ limit now as well...not sure .

Gone are the days when a cute girl might get handed $500!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bunnyluv

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2017, 12:53:51 PM »
Hoping for a Jody sighting today!

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2017, 08:26:28 AM »
I love them a lot. I am sure there are going to be a lot of people who are going to watch the show just because of them and that's great for TAR  :conf: Jessica is amazing girl and I love how respectful and classy she is. She's definitely someone I'd love to hang out with. And Cody is very relateable for me. You either love him or hate him and I love his personality a lot. It's really a breath of fresh air and I really hope they do well.  :conf: :conf:

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2017, 10:35:30 AM »
I love them a lot. I am sure there are going to be a lot of people who are going to watch the show just because of them and that's great for TAR  :conf: Jessica is amazing girl and I love how respectful and classy she is. She's definitely someone I'd love to hang out with. And Cody is very relateable for me. You either love him or hate him and I love his personality a lot. It's really a breath of fresh air and I really hope they do well.  :conf: :conf:

:groan: :groan:  Those are not two words I would ever use to describe the Jessica I watched on the BB live feeds.  :funny:

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2017, 11:40:37 AM »
well It's my opinion   :-X I haven't watched a lot of live feeds. I just like how she interacts with fans, on twitter and irl :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2017, 12:51:09 PM »
Hey Grandmaw! Nice to see you!! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online Lexie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2017, 01:01:23 PM »

:groan: :groan:  Those are not two words I would ever use to describe the Jessica I watched on the BB live feeds.  :funny:
==============================
Lexie sits next to Grandmaw  :)

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2017, 02:05:58 PM »
From someone who didn't watch any of BB19- it sounds like they'll be entertaining and a major talking point, at very least

AND THAT, I feel, is a plus for TAR

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2017, 03:28:18 PM »
When we are watching the show in real time we are seeing thru a glass darkly.

We see tiny fragments of the racers' day. We learn essentially nothing about how the racers are socially or with each other.

For me, the live sightings are really about the locations, and the travel between. That's the huge fun for me. 
The sightings are locations, the show is more about personalities.

Having not watched BB this season and having chosen to longer watch the feeds, I have no preconceived ideas about "Jody". I have only what I have read, and I really always prefer to judge for myself. Like any team, I look forward to seeing them in action with great joy!

So, we'll see!

Both Jeff and Jordan and Brenchel were hugely popular and entertaining additions to TAR, and VERY good for ratings. They provided fun, drama, controversy and excitement and brought a lot of new viewers to TAR. And that can only be good for us all.

I think this cast is almost exclusively recruited, although that will remain to be seen. Doesn't mean they won't be entertaining, I just had hoped that our Anniversary season would go back to basics. But this may be the new reality, and if it means we still get TAR, okay.  :gnome

I think we are going to be thrilled with this route, hopefully when the show airs the cast will entrance us as well!

EPIC is the word I want to be able to use for Season 30.  :hrt:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2017, 03:35:35 PM »
It is difficult to tell how it will translate when these are two very different games. Big Brother is being locked in a studio for 3 months. Amazing Race is fast-paced and high-pressure travel - they're jetlagged, hungry, and tired.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:38:42 PM by Maanca »