Author Topic: An oddity in TARC4  (Read 3631 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
An oddity in TARC4
« on: October 03, 2017, 01:59:38 AM »
Sorry if this has been discussed before...

I was just rewatching some TAR Canada 4 so I could do some work on our wiki. In the penultimate leg in New Brunswick, something struck me as odd. The clue for the Roadblock said "Jillian and Amy must perform this Roadblock."

Before this leg, J&E's Roadblock tally sat at "Jillian 4, Emmett 6", so Emmett had reached his maximum of 6. Jillian even says this out loud in the episode.

But why did Amy have to complete it? Before this leg, their Roadblock tally was an even "Frankie 5, Amy 5".

My first thought was perhaps there was an unaired Roadblock somewhere on the Nova Scotia leg, since that one didn't air with a Roadblock in the first place. That doesn't answer things, though, since Joel & Ashley and Steph & Kristen both also had 5-5 Roadblock splits. There was no possible outcome that I could think of where Amy would be forced to do the Roadblock, but no-one from J&A and S&K would be forced to do it.

So what's going on here...?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: An oddity in TARC4
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 08:38:39 AM »
Good question..

Allergies maybe? Because it had to do with plants and flowers, maybe Frankie was allergic?

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 07:54:07 PM »
Jillian explains after they open the clue: "Emmett's done 6 RB's and I've done 4 and we each have to have 5 completed."

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 09:20:05 PM »
Moot point considering Mrs. Universe's bluff.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 10:45:58 PM »

It didn't have anything to do with the bluff. I looked it up. They used their Express Pass on the leg 6 Roadblock AFTER Amy already said she would do it. So the RB count going into leg 10 was technically only Frankie 5, Amy 4.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 12:40:14 AM »
Nice!^^
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 09:26:17 PM »

It didn't have anything to do with the bluff. I looked it up. They used their Express Pass on the leg 6 Roadblock AFTER Amy already said she would do it. So the RB count going into leg 10 was technically only Frankie 5, Amy 4.

Thanks, I stand corrected.