Author Topic: Amazing Race 30 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 326476 times)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 30 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 10:29:27 AM »
Hello, I’m new to posting on the forum. I’m currently in Reykjavik and spotted team jody and 3 other teams. I have pictures and videos, how/where should/can I share them?

Hello and welcome to RFF Jesscahc.:conf: You can post it on this thread! Use the attachments part. You can send us links to your videos via social media or video hosting websites

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 10:30:11 AM »
Welcome Jesscahc!!

This is the perfect thread to post any Amazing Race sightings..

If you have a social media account and have uploaded the videos, you could post the link here, or if it’s a picture just click the attachments button when making a post!

Offline WorldTraveler

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 10:55:47 AM »
Is this the video you were referring to?

Can anyone confirm whether or not these are in fact clue boxes?

It seems like a far way away from the location of the route info

It takes over 2 hours to drive NE from Keflavic Airport to the location of the Route Info

Then the teams would have to backtrack and drive 6 hours SE to get to the location of the “clue boxes” In picture

That doesn't look like a TAR clue box. Plus, I think it is way too far away from West Iceland to try to go to Jokulsarlon (I've been there before). There are plenty of better places to stop rather than going all the way out to the glacial lagoon. I feel like their next tasks might be in the Golden Circle or the West Fjords.

Offline Jesscahc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 10:56:51 AM »
Jessica and Cody arrived to the Reykjavík old city center at 12:26PM. They had to locate a female athlete named Katherine, who gave them two questions to answer before proceeding. Team Jody asked the crowd and then went into a local store to inquire. They got the answers correct on the 2nd try. They then had to drink shots before getting their next clue. They left and headed for the pit stop at 12:33 local time. I do not believe there were any teams before them as I was watching lengthy dress rehearsals prior. (My pictures and videos are not attaching).

I left after and returned to the set where I saw a male/female team leaving (in the direction of the pit stop) at 1:16pm. There was a male/male team that were working on getting their clue and left for the pit stop at 1:22pm.

I was walking up the main shopping street and spotted a female/female team running into their vehicle (2:24pm). I am unsure if they had received their finale clue yet or not.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:08:59 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 10:57:02 AM »
Is this the video you were referring to?

Can anyone confirm whether or not these are in fact clue boxes?

It seems like a far way away from the location of the route info

It takes over 2 hours to drive NE from Keflavic Airport to the location of the Route Info

Then the teams would have to backtrack and drive 6 hours SE to get to the location of the “clue boxes” In picture

That doesn't look like a TAR clue box. Plus, I think it is way too far away from West Iceland to try to go to Jokulsarlon (I've been there before). There are plenty of better places to stop rather than going all the way out to the glacial lagoon. I feel like their next tasks might be in the Golden Circle or the West Fjords.

They went to Jokulsarlon in. S6

Offline Jesscahc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2017, 11:06:48 AM »
I believe parts of the  road to the location in question (Jokulsarlon) have been closed for a few days due to flooding and as of this morning, they had not been cleared (according to my tour guide).

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 11:08:31 AM »
Do you have an Instagram or YouTube account where you can upload the videos and provide us links?

Thanks for the info!

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 11:13:25 AM »
Ok this eases my mind .. I didn’t think it made sense for them to go that far.

I really hope this is true! #TeamJODY was the first team to get on the flight too so I hope they continue to do well. I’ll be rooting for them
Jessica and Cody arrived to the Reykjavík old city center at 12:26PM. They had to locate a female athlete named Katherine, who gave them two questions to answer before proceeding. Team Jody asked the crowd and then went into a local store to inquire. They got the answers correct on the 2nd try. They then had to drink shots before getting their next clue. They left and headed for the pit stop at 12:33 local time. I do not believe there were any teams before them as I was watching lengthy dress rehearsals prior. (My pictures and videos are not attaching).

I left after and returned to the set where I saw a male/female team leaving (in the direction of the pit stop) at 1:16pm. There was a male/male team that were working on getting their clue and left for the pit stop at 1:22pm.

I was walking up the main shopping street and spotted a female/female team running into their vehicle (2:24pm). I am unsure if they had received their finale clue yet or not.

Thank you so much for all the info Jesscahc!!

If we showed you pics of the teams would you be able to identify which teams were the ones you saw? (And in what order you saw them)

Offline Jesscahc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2017, 11:26:15 AM »
I took a look at the contestants page. The male/female are the Yale debaters. The violinists were behind them. I am unsure about the all females that ran into their car. I put them up on my Instagram https://instagram.com/p/BZwJEyElWUm/. Please credit.

Ok this eases my mind .. I didn’t think it made sense for them to go that far.

I really hope this is true! #TeamJODY was the first team to get on the flight too so I hope they continue to do well. I’ll be rooting for them

Thank you so much for all the info Jesscahc!!

If we showed you pics of the teams would you be able to identify which teams were the ones you saw? (And in what order you saw them)

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2017, 11:34:44 AM »
Thank you so much!!

Do you remember what color they female/female team were wearing?

Blue, Red, Pink

Offline Jgilpat1

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2017, 11:44:16 AM »
Hey all. Never posted before but I'm in Reykjavik and stumbled into the pit stop on a walk today. Saw them setting up. Phil was with a beautiful blonde woman wearing white. I was very close but they asked me to move to the other side of the lake in town where the pit stop is. While I did we saw a male-male team running to the checkpoint. Probably 30ish. Very fit. Wearing all black.

We relocated and on the way saw a couple flags where I think a clue box was. They had members of the Icelandic strongman team there with lots of heavy stuff. It was right in the middle of the town square but I can't say for sure that it was related. The local woman I was with seemed to think they might have been separate events but wasn't sure.

We eventually made it to the other side of the lake. Hard to see too much but we definitely spotted another team checking in, and they cleared the mat and location right after so I suspect they were last. Let me know if you'd like info on that team.

Finally we wandered and saw several teams fiiing interviews, one male-female (not Jody) and one male-male (guy with sparkly green jacket and shorts).

It was such a thrill. Been watching the show since season 1. I have a few pics. Nothing great. Not sure what to do with them...

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2017, 11:46:27 AM »
Hey all. Never posted before but I'm in Reykjavik and stumbled into the pit stop on a walk today. Saw them setting up. Phil was with a beautiful blonde woman wearing white. I was very close but they asked me to move to the other side of the lake in town where the pit stop is. While I did we saw a male-male team running to the checkpoint. Probably 30ish. Very fit. Wearing all black.

We relocated and on the way saw a couple flags where I think a clue box was. They had members of the Icelandic strongman team there with lots of heavy stuff. It was right in the middle of the town square but I can't say for sure that it was related. The local woman I was with seemed to think they might have been separate events but wasn't sure.

We eventually made it to the other side of the lake. Hard to see too much but we definitely spotted another team checking in, and they cleared the mat and location right after so I suspect they were last. Let me know if you'd like info on that team.

Finally we wandered and saw several teams fiiing interviews, one male-female (not Jody) and one male-male (guy with sparkly green jacket and shorts).

It was such a thrill. Been watching the show since season 1. I have a few pics. Nothing great. Not sure what to do with them...

:welcome: to RFF Jgilpat1. And thanks! That's awesome information!

Offline greenteapls

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2017, 11:47:49 AM »
oops sorry about the lagoon thing, here are instagram posts from reykjavik:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZwJEyElWUm/
pictures of racers (click through album)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZv-CNiAeXn/

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2017, 11:48:35 AM »
Welcome Jgilpat1!!

Thank you for the info! We would love anything more you could have for us.

As far as pictures go, if they are small enough, just click the attachment button in the post. Or if they are uploaded to a personal social media account (instagram) or YouTube. Feel free to share a link!

If we show you pictures of the contestants, would you be able to identify the teams you saw and the last team to arrive?

Offline WorldTraveler

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2017, 11:53:29 AM »

My guess is that the shot was Brennivín. I was thinking they would have to drink this during their time in Iceland (also thought they would need to eat shark). Brennivín is just god awful.

Offline Jesscahc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2017, 11:58:31 AM »
The driver was wearing a blue shirt. They did have it of black on as well.

Thank you so much!!

Blue, Red, Pink

Offline Jesscahc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2017, 12:01:26 PM »
They were different. One took a shot of clear liquid, and the other took a shot of some specialty oil. Jessica of Team Jody drank the oil and did not enjoy it.

My guess is that the shot was Brennivín. I was thinking they would have to drink this during their time in Iceland (also thought they would need to eat shark). Brennivín is just god awful.

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2017, 12:01:47 PM »
Thank you so much for the updates Jess and Jgilpat :conf:

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2017, 12:04:22 PM »
The driver was wearing a blue shirt. They did have it of black on as well.

Thank you so much!!

Blue, Red, Pink

Thanks again Jess! This could be the #YogaMoms as they are the F/F team wearing blue colors for the race. 1 blonde and 1 brunette?

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2017, 12:07:29 PM »

[/quote]

The blue shirt brunette  and blonde wearing plaid are team #YogaMoms and possibly the team you saw get into the vehicle after the other teams you spotted

Offline greenteapls

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2017, 12:09:42 PM »
I believe the female athlete participating in the challenge is Katrin Davidsdottir, a crossfit champ known as "the fittest woman in the world."

Offline Jgilpat1

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2017, 12:11:00 PM »
I just created an instagram (username: jl.gilpatrick) and added a few of my photos. Sorry, I'm just on my iPhone and it's taking some time to do all this. My photos are too big to add as attachments.

In the photos, you see (faintly) a team of women with long hair. One in red, one in white. Pretty sure, but not certain, they were last. They picked up the check in mat right after and everyone dispersed from the shooting location. Got a photo of the flags near the challenge with the strongmen (I guess they were taking shots?) and some photos of the location where they did interviews.

Offline Jgilpat1

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2017, 12:13:29 PM »
Feel free to post the photos here if they're of any use. Much easier to see in person and my wife has a better zoom. I'll see if I can add any of those.

Offline Jgilpat1

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2017, 12:15:35 PM »
One last thing: There were about two hours between when we saw the male-male team approaching the mat and when we saw the female-female team maybe get eliminated. Not sure how that checks out with the timing of flights, etc.

Offline Malvear867

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2017, 12:19:17 PM »
What team is in first place?