Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790275 times)

CocoNuts

Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #3200 on: February 16, 2018, 01:37:52 PM »
This may not be the right place to put this but....

Switchback leg 6: Prague Franz RB, Eliminated Flightime and Big Easy Season 15
Switchback leg 11 (as per spoilers): Mandarin food ordering DT, Basically Eliminated Kisha and Jen Season 14

Both these teams later returned for Unfinished Business. Could this mean next season is an Unfinished Business?? That's the hint I'm getting!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3201 on: February 16, 2018, 02:14:12 PM »
I guess this is as good a thread as any to ask this. I am embarrassed to admit that I can't remember or figure out what an ARI is. I know that RI is route info but I just can't figure out what the A is. Does anyone want to help me out?
Haha, don't worry about it so much.
We call ARI an Active Route Info. It's basically a task, and not just a location for the next clue like a Route Info is.
For a Route Info, teams get directions. For an Active Route Info, everyone needs to complete a task to receive the next clue. :)

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3202 on: February 16, 2018, 04:18:30 PM »
Thanks. That A really stumped me. Advanced? Automatic? Amazing? ...

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #3203 on: February 16, 2018, 04:31:36 PM »
I wonder if Jody announcing their engagement now instead of after the finale means they don't win. I mean, what bettertime to announce an engagement than after winning The Amazing Race right? Double good news hehe

Offline Jen #TeamExtreme

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
    • My Blog
« Reply #3204 on: February 16, 2018, 06:11:45 PM »
I guess this is as good a thread as any to ask this. I am embarrassed to admit that I can't remember or figure out what an ARI is. I know that RI is route info but I just can't figure out what the A is. Does anyone want to help me out?

Active Route Info. It's where you have a task to perform that isn't a detour or a roadblock in order to get your next clue (route info).
“‎Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of others, instead, seek what they sought.” Matsuo Basho

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3205 on: February 16, 2018, 06:17:46 PM »
I wonder if Jody announcing their engagement now instead of after the finale means they don't win. I mean, what bettertime to announce an engagement than after winning The Amazing Race right? Double good news hehe

Idk, looks like a pretty expensive ring lol

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3206 on: February 16, 2018, 06:21:47 PM »

Active Route Info.

Which is Route Info that includes a task, not just a travel to somewhere sort of RI.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #3207 on: February 16, 2018, 09:49:22 PM »
The edit has certainly never been a sure thing, most especially in recent seasons.

I definitely think Hayley was the most direct foreshadowing. And this time, Jessica's not wanting to "be the reason we lose a million dollars" popping up this week so prominently is similar to Hayley's quotes before about always being right (which she actually was most of the time).

Conversely, Henry & Evan have always talked about their smarts being what helps them overcome any physical limitations compared to the other teams. Yet their Yale smarts have failed them pretty much every time they've needed it. It's possible their smarts finally come into play on the Final Task.

For Kristi & Jen, they could just as easily be in a Natalie & Meaghan situation. Dominant the entire Race, just comes up short in the final.
I don't agree.  Last season, Brooke & Scott's edit (especially Brooke's) was overwhelmingly negative, but at least they got a very sharp, sudden up-turn in their edit the final two legs to at least not make their win feel so bad.  Before them, I can grant you Dana & Matt's edit, but even theirs wasn't that bad, either.  In fact, the worst edit for a winning team I've seen in recent seasons is either theirs or Laura & Tyler's.

My point?  I think the edit can be indicative of the winner.  Not always, but most of the time, yes, it is.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3208 on: February 16, 2018, 10:31:11 PM »
I feel like in S28, none of the F3 had an edit that screamed "winner".
But because of that, people started looking at whose edit made the most sense for a winner. And of course, nobody believed that Dana & Matt could win because of that.

In S26, Laura & Tyler's edit actually seemed the most positive to me, and I didn't have any doubt that they would win, especially heading into the finale. Jelani & Jenny were either completely INV or arguing with each other, and Hayley & Blair... well, they were the entertaining team that all casuals hated. :cmaslol Only looking back I realized that Luara & Tyler weren't as positive of racers as I thought they were, but out of their F3, I would still say their edit was most winner-like.

Last season, though, I thought that the edit clearly didn't favour Brooke & Scott, and Tara & Joey were the clear favorites to win edit-wise. However, I was a bit spoiled for the finale, and knew that Brooke & Scott likely left the final task first, so I can't judge without any bias.

So what do I make of this? I still feel like the final four teams besides Skiers all have those type of edits that qualify for the "whose win would make most sense?" category, but if the Skiers do make the final 3, then I definitely see them winning per their edit.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3209 on: February 16, 2018, 10:51:37 PM »
A=Active, meaning there is an activity involved which is not a detour or roadblock (nor just instructions to go to another location.)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3210 on: February 16, 2018, 11:00:57 PM »
Don't know why in the intro Kristi & Jen was shown along with Golden Gate Bridge in the bottom left when neither any references to San Francisco are shown in the intro.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3211 on: February 16, 2018, 11:02:20 PM »
Don't know why in the intro Kristi & Jen was shown along with Golden Gate Bridge in the bottom left when neither any references to San Francisco are shown in the intro.
What cap # are you referring to please? LINK?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3212 on: February 16, 2018, 11:26:01 PM »

This cap is what I referring to. Coincidence?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3213 on: February 16, 2018, 11:29:38 PM »
San Francisco is the final city, though, so I don't know why that would be strange. :P

The surprising thing to me is that many other teams' backgrounds are completely unrelated to this season and the places visited.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3214 on: February 16, 2018, 11:38:03 PM »
Coincidence lol
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3215 on: February 17, 2018, 12:21:46 AM »

Truthfully I'm not sure that's even the Golden Gate Bridge; yes, it's a suspension bridge, but it isn't crossing a body of water. So that's not even a coincidence.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3216 on: February 17, 2018, 12:33:32 AM »

Truthfully I'm not sure that's even the Golden Gate Bridge; yes, it's a suspension bridge, but it isn't crossing a body of water. So that's not even a coincidence.

Well, other backgrounds are exaggerated in relative size and location too.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #3217 on: February 17, 2018, 02:47:26 AM »
Well, there aren't very many iconic landmark red (international orange) suspension bridges that look like that.

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3218 on: February 17, 2018, 07:33:23 PM »
IMHO the edit (since early on) has clearly foreshadowed the skiers winning the race.
Agree.

I've had such mixed feelings about Jody edgically, though.
The last couple of episode especially, they were highlighted in a really positive, fun light, with very positive second-person visibility, as everyone kept making comments on how strong of a team they are, or how Cody's killing it in all tasks.
However, it was twice or maybe even 3 times that we heard the quote "I don't wanna be the reason we lose this race" from Jess, and that is... as obvious of a foreshadowing as it can be, in my opinion.
Really reminded me of Hayley from S26, and how Blair would never listen to her, but when he finally did for a crucial task in the finale, Hayley was the reason they fell behind quite a lot, and basically cost their team the million.

I would sure hate to see Jess be the reason they lose, and like I said, at first I thought that these last two episodes were setting them up as real winner contenders, but there's just overwhelmingly nothing negative to pinpoint in the girls' edit, that it makes me think they definitely win.

I don't see any 'Jess causes Jody to lose' scenario at all.  Weren't Jody running in third place towards the end of the spoilers ?  I see a straight-forward easy win for the skiers.

Jody received a really good positive edit at first, right up to the manufactured Gnomegate and Phonegate 'improprieties'.  They received no negative feedback/editing for properly Uturning the Strings.  Since they recovered from their own Uturn, they are being edited positively again, probably right through the finale.

Have we been shown any negativity between Jess and Cody, like we have been shown for the other teams, even with Jody's terrible navigating 'skills' coming into play again and again ?  I think that the TAR producers expected Jody to be their designated 'villain team' and they expected lots of infighting between them, and that never happened.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #3219 on: February 18, 2018, 02:42:55 AM »
Jody received a really good positive edit at first, right up to the manufactured Gnomegate and Phonegate 'improprieties'.  They received no negative feedback/editing for properly Uturning the Strings.  Since they recovered from their own Uturn, they are being edited positively again, probably right through the finale.

Have we been shown any negativity between Jess and Cody, like we have been shown for the other teams, even with Jody's terrible navigating 'skills' coming into play again and again ?  I think that the TAR producers expected Jody to be their designated 'villain team' and they expected lots of infighting between them, and that never happened.
Actually, Cody's avoided having any negatively-edited moments, surprisingly, as I thought he'd be the one more liable to be edited that way.  It's Jessica who's had her share of "villain" moments, albeit small ones, like screwing Alex and Brittany over in Prague, which led to Lucas & Brittany U-Turning them in Harare, and making her "karma" comment about Lucas losing the passport.  So I think that if TPTB wanted them to be the villains, at least one of them has given them something with which to work.

Though if you read between the lines, the female half of the other F3 team has unintentionally given them even more than Jessica has.

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3220 on: February 19, 2018, 10:19:57 AM »
They only announced their because someone sold it to TMZ and spilled the news first

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3221 on: February 20, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »
The editing and the fact that Jen keeps hyping up the finale on social media makes me feel like Team Extreme won..

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3222 on: February 20, 2018, 03:45:29 PM »
The editing and the fact that Jen keeps hyping up the finale on social media makes me feel like Team Extreme won..

Same. I will be happy with any winner, but Team Extreme and Big Brother are my favorite.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3223 on: February 20, 2018, 08:59:48 PM »

Same. I will be happy with any winner, but Team Extreme and Big Brother are my favorite.

well now Cody and Jess have been hyping up the finale a lot today so maybe they did win.. Not so sure anymore.. I am pretty confident in thinking Yale didn't win though..

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3224 on: February 21, 2018, 04:40:51 AM »
Why are there no love for Alex/Connor guys?  :funny: :funny: :funny: