Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790515 times)

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #3175 on: January 25, 2018, 09:26:53 PM »
Speculation theory:

After this first head-to-head, most people believe the next one will be in St-Tropez, France (aka leg 4) with the Pétanque task.
I think it will also lead to elimination:

If I'm not mistaken, the task is taking place at the same place of the pitstop (Place des Lices)

We saw some teams hanging in the background of some pictures (The competitive eaters), which would mean that this team lost and are waiting for the next team.

And we have a picture of two teams at the mat at the same time: The lifeguards and the Basketballers. I think they are the last two teams to check in (like we just had with the firefighters and Goat Yoga).

And we never saw team Basketball after that... So I would guess that they got Eliminated, with Lifeguards being in 8th place

For once I was right haha... doesn't happen often :P

Another theory for next week: Could it be possible that we have two flights going to Prague? We have this picture at the Uturn board with the first 5 teams. I think they will be on the same flight, and that the last 3 teams will be on another flight (which is why team big brother Uturned the well strung guys) (Indy could be on either flight).

There was talk (if I remember right) about some teams being 3-4 hours behind in Prague...

I was shock to see who big brother Uturned, after seeing that the well strung guys were doing good, but not the strongest team there. If they were the last two teams there, then it would make sense, and it would also explained why team big brother are saying : our face is going to be on there, in the preview. Maybe the first 5 teams made a deal to not use the Uturn.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3176 on: January 25, 2018, 10:03:52 PM »
Speculation theory:

After this first head-to-head, most people believe the next one will be in St-Tropez, France (aka leg 4) with the Pétanque task.
I think it will also lead to elimination:

If I'm not mistaken, the task is taking place at the same place of the pitstop (Place des Lices)

We saw some teams hanging in the background of some pictures (The competitive eaters), which would mean that this team lost and are waiting for the next team.

And we have a picture of two teams at the mat at the same time: The lifeguards and the Basketballers. I think they are the last two teams to check in (like we just had with the firefighters and Goat Yoga).

And we never saw team Basketball after that... So I would guess that they got Eliminated, with Lifeguards being in 8th place

For once I was right haha... doesn't happen often :P

Another theory for next week: Could it be possible that we have two flights going to Prague? We have this picture at the Uturn board with the first 5 teams. I think they will be on the same flight, and that the last 3 teams will be on another flight (which is why team big brother Uturned the well strung guys) (Indy could be on either flight).

There was talk (if I remember right) about some teams being 3-4 hours behind in Prague...

I was shock to see who big brother Uturned, after seeing that the well strung guys were doing good, but not the strongest team there. If they were the last two teams there, then it would make sense, and it would also explained why team big brother are saying : our face is going to be on there, in the preview. Maybe the first 5 teams made a deal to not use the Uturn.

Yeah I was also wondering about the uturn usage. Not so much that Jody uturned Well Strung. They are/were a relatively strong team and Jody was friendly with the Skiers and Indycar, so I wouldn't expect Jody to uturn either of them. More so that the lifeguards seemed to be ahead of jody and didn't uturn them. Especially because Jess said recently that Brittany held the gnome thing over her for the entire duration of filming (She really does not like Brittany lol). I think they probably thought they were getting u-turned because they knew the lifeguards didn't like them, and they knew other teams viewed them as a threat.  I'm thinking the Skiers maybe talked them out of it? Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3177 on: January 26, 2018, 10:52:25 AM »
FB Via Lawren Campbell

So my old friend -------- is in Prague. He took this picture and wrote this post, you can't buy an experience like this: We stumbled across these envelopes this morning in a small park, semi-hidden behind the shrubs. We are thinking is this the real deal? As I decide to find out by picking one up, some guy behind the bushes pops up and nicely asks me not to touch them. He confirmed it was indeed the real Amazing Race in Prague! What are the chances! One hour later we saw the end destination point film crew waiting for the teams to arrive in another famous park.

4 teams in the front; 3 in the back.

That's what I meant... Probably 2 flights to Prague, or something that separated them into two groups (a bus or plane ride)

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3178 on: January 26, 2018, 03:25:57 PM »

15. Alex & Conor driving in BAHRAIN Morocco and get lost for a stop.

the license plates you've seen is from Morocco:

http://www.worldlicenseplates.com/world/AF_MORO.html

ApprenticeFan is wrong as usual - the footage is from Manama and thereabouts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #3179 on: January 26, 2018, 04:50:37 PM »

15. Alex & Conor driving in BAHRAIN Morocco and get lost for a stop.

the license plates you've seen is from Morocco:

http://www.worldlicenseplates.com/world/AF_MORO.html

ApprenticeFan is wrong as usual - the footage is from Manama and thereabouts.

You are exactly right Granath. Bahrain and Morocco have their license plates similarities due to Arabic text.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3180 on: January 26, 2018, 09:20:55 PM »
I'm not as sure. In the background you can see a fuel truck for Afriquia, a petrol network that AFAIK doesn't do any business outside of Morocco.

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3181 on: January 26, 2018, 10:38:20 PM »

Yeah I was also wondering about the uturn usage. Not so much that Jody uturned Well Strung. They are/were a relatively strong team and Jody was friendly with the Skiers and Indycar, so I wouldn't expect Jody to uturn either of them. More so that the lifeguards seemed to be ahead of jody and didn't uturn them. Especially because Jess said recently that Brittany held the gnome thing over her for the entire duration of filming (She really does not like Brittany lol). I think they probably thought they were getting u-turned because they knew the lifeguards didn't like them, and they knew other teams viewed them as a threat.  I'm thinking the Skiers maybe talked them out of it? Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think the lifeguards are U-turning Jody in a future leg  ...

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3182 on: January 26, 2018, 10:44:41 PM »

I think the lifeguards are U-turning Jody in a future leg  ...

I was actually thinking that too. I think there were rumors back during filming that Jody got u-turned in Zimbabwe but overcame it. Would make sense if the Lifeguards were responsible for that.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3183 on: January 28, 2018, 05:26:53 AM »
I'm not as sure. In the background you can see a fuel truck for Afriquia, a petrol network that AFAIK doesn't do any business outside of Morocco.

That's just another example of lazy splicing from the editors because "all Arabic-speaking nations are interchangeable" /s, and besides, that clip had self-driving.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3184 on: February 08, 2018, 10:32:29 AM »
If Yale knew between the end of Leg 9 and the start of Leg 10 that OceanRescue had been eliminated, then they might have strategically decided to go slow in Thailand knowing that it would be impossible to eliminate them for that round and therefore conserve their energy for HK.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3185 on: February 11, 2018, 12:20:34 AM »
If Yale knew between the end of Leg 9 and the start of Leg 10 that OceanRescue had been eliminated, then they might have strategically decided to go slow in Thailand knowing that it would be impossible to eliminate them for that round and therefore conserve their energy for HK.

It doesn't make sense. You could end up in last place :funny:.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3186 on: February 11, 2018, 03:29:41 AM »
Except that's the point.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3187 on: February 11, 2018, 07:01:36 AM »
Except that's the point.

Not worth it, you could risk elimination from the race. The racers wouldn't know beforehand if they would be leaving Thailand in Leg 11, and thus being able to potentially catch up on a flight. Even if they could catch up on a flight, they would still face a speed bump which would put them behind again.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3188 on: February 11, 2018, 08:16:52 AM »
Yeah, there's never any good reason to purposely fall behind.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3189 on: February 11, 2018, 02:00:44 PM »
Potential risk of elimination =/= its guarantee.

Last non-Philippine Southeast Asian penultimate leg was Vietnam 27 seasons ago, plus Oceania stopped hosting them since the end of the same 13-leg era; savvy superfans can therefore wager that the 11th leg of recent eastward routes will for certain be in East Asia.

SBs are a minor setback that can be easily overcome.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3190 on: February 11, 2018, 02:05:37 PM »
It looks like Evan will be eating scorpions while Henry wears them, so there goes the chance of a TARCAN-style strategic quit in order to save themselves from performing a gross Roadblock with the knowledge that it's NEL.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3191 on: February 11, 2018, 02:16:53 PM »
Potential risk of elimination =/= its guarantee.

Last non-Philippine Southeast Asian penultimate leg was Vietnam 27 seasons ago, plus Oceania stopped hosting them since the end of the same 13-leg era; savvy superfans can therefore wager that the 11th leg of recent eastward routes will for certain be in East Asia.

SBs are a minor setback that can be easily overcome.
All I'm saying is that there's no real gain in purposely not doing your best and falling behind.
"Saving your energy" isn't like you're skipping the leg, taking a day off. If that was an option, then you could call it a strategy. But when you still have to run the leg and perform all those same tasks, you get tired nevertheless. Walking to places rather than running won't save you enough energy to offset the disadvantage of getting worse tickets (back of the plane), or hell even risking a later flight for your team, coupled with a speed bump.

You can't say that speedbumps are easily overcome because that's situational. If there's a footrace for last place, or if you're literally minutes apart, then definitely the reason you were last is because you had that tiny extra task to complete.

I don't see how you can reason against that (don't mean this disrespectfully).

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3192 on: February 11, 2018, 03:13:36 PM »

All I'm saying is that there's no real gain in purposely not doing your best and falling behind.
"Saving your energy" isn't like you're skipping the leg, taking a day off. If that was an option, then you could call it a strategy. But when you still have to run the leg and perform all those same tasks, you get tired nevertheless. Walking to places rather than running won't save you enough energy to offset the disadvantage of getting worse tickets (back of the plane), or hell even risking a later flight for your team, coupled with a speed bump.

You can't say that speedbumps are easily overcome because that's situational. If there's a footrace for last place, or if you're literally minutes apart, then definitely the reason you were last is because you had that tiny extra task to complete.

I don't see how you can reason against that (don't mean this disrespectfully).

Fair enough - E/H don't seem like the types to take the easy way out, after all.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3193 on: February 15, 2018, 09:24:49 AM »
Hearing Cantonese from the preview is amazing <333333
I am looking forward to the order taking task :-*
Hopefully another good times since S14 Kisha & Jen  :bow:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #3194 on: February 15, 2018, 04:43:49 PM »
Judging from the edits, I would bet either Kristi & Jen to win with all the all-female team talk and their Top 3 dominance during the Race. Or Henry & Evan as the underdogs against the group of friends and maybe their Yale smarts finally coming into play on the Final Task? Otherwise, it's Cody & Jessica for the boring couple win. And maybe Jessica possibly losing the million for them after the comment she made last night with regards to Cody carrying most of the weight of the team.

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3195 on: February 15, 2018, 08:57:16 PM »
IMHO the edit (since early on) has clearly foreshadowed the skiers winning the race.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3196 on: February 15, 2018, 10:07:09 PM »
IMHO the edit (since early on) has clearly foreshadowed the skiers winning the race.
Agree.

I've had such mixed feelings about Jody edgically, though.
The last couple of episode especially, they were highlighted in a really positive, fun light, with very positive second-person visibility, as everyone kept making comments on how strong of a team they are, or how Cody's killing it in all tasks.
However, it was twice or maybe even 3 times that we heard the quote "I don't wanna be the reason we lose this race" from Jess, and that is... as obvious of a foreshadowing as it can be, in my opinion.
Really reminded me of Hayley from S26, and how Blair would never listen to her, but when he finally did for a crucial task in the finale, Hayley was the reason they fell behind quite a lot, and basically cost their team the million.

I would sure hate to see Jess be the reason they lose, and like I said, at first I thought that these last two episodes were setting them up as real winner contenders, but there's just overwhelmingly nothing negative to pinpoint in the girls' edit, that it makes me think they definitely win.

Offline Snausages

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3197 on: February 15, 2018, 10:58:41 PM »
 I just hope it's not Big Brother that wins, Jessica is just too insufferable

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #3198 on: February 16, 2018, 01:40:31 AM »
The edit has certainly never been a sure thing, most especially in recent seasons.

I definitely think Hayley was the most direct foreshadowing. And this time, Jessica's not wanting to "be the reason we lose a million dollars" popping up this week so prominently is similar to Hayley's quotes before about always being right (which she actually was most of the time).

Conversely, Henry & Evan have always talked about their smarts being what helps them overcome any physical limitations compared to the other teams. Yet their Yale smarts have failed them pretty much every time they've needed it. It's possible their smarts finally come into play on the Final Task.

For Kristi & Jen, they could just as easily be in a Natalie & Meaghan situation. Dominant the entire Race, just comes up short in the final.

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3199 on: February 16, 2018, 01:10:21 PM »
I guess this is as good a thread as any to ask this. I am embarrassed to admit that I can't remember or figure out what an ARI is. I know that RI is route info but I just can't figure out what the A is. Does anyone want to help me out?