Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790311 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2725 on: October 23, 2017, 08:15:02 PM »
I've read bits and pieces of the raw threads (very little help for me) and the summaries, and looking at it with fresh eyes since I hadn't been involved this season, I would say no airport in the US is safe from being the final destination city airport at this point. TPTB could even do a fake out and have teams fly to the final city via Beijing from Hong Kong and that would open up even more direct flights. Anything is possible.
Only thing I'll suggest is that on paper, areas with recent natural events such as hurricanes and fires are probably less likely, but who knows? I certainly don't.

It's certainly possible that TAR may have originally planned a Finish Line in one location and changed it last minute. I have no idea if he Jody fans detective skills are recent or not, but things could have changed since.

Should we be expecting to see sightings today or tomorrow? Or is that also dangerous to say here on RFF?

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #2726 on: October 23, 2017, 08:15:30 PM »
From Vic's post here, I wonder what were they looking for at that monitor... Because I don't think that was a setup booth. Can someone explain? ???

The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2727 on: October 23, 2017, 08:17:21 PM »
I would be really surprised if it was a night finale

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2728 on: October 23, 2017, 08:19:22 PM »

Now here's hoping it's better than the last night finale (24)  :funny:

Offline Pinnacle94080

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2729 on: October 23, 2017, 08:25:32 PM »
From Vic's post here, I wonder what were they looking for at that monitor... Because I don't think that was a setup booth. Can someone explain? ???

Most likely to see the photo they just took of themselves at the overlook. Maybe they can choose which one they like and had to print one out.

Offline Flyergal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2730 on: October 23, 2017, 08:40:00 PM »

Most likely to see the photo they just took of themselves at the overlook. Maybe they can choose which one they like and had to print one out.
Was wondering same thing when the one pic shows Indy and Jody together staring at the monitor like they are trying to figure something out. It’s a pic in sightings but I don’t know how to copy it here

Offline Vicdemort

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Geek in RFF
« Reply #2731 on: October 23, 2017, 08:41:39 PM »

The photo booth is usually not there, it was set up for the task. The monitor is a computer screen. The photographer transferred the digital photo to the computer for editing/printing.
TARV5: Ultimate Evil
Good luck to Final 3!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2732 on: October 23, 2017, 08:43:16 PM »
According to smily's expression on the left, it must be something funny :P

Offline Vicdemort

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Geek in RFF
« Reply #2733 on: October 23, 2017, 08:43:47 PM »

Was wondering same thing when the one pic shows Indy and Jody together staring at the monitor like they are trying to figure something out. It’s a pic in sightings but I don’t know how to copy it here

Indy have taken their photos (as they were first to arrive) and they were editing/printing their photo when Jody arrived. Jody were just peeking over Indy's photo lol.
Good luck to Final 3!

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #2734 on: October 23, 2017, 08:54:01 PM »

Indy have taken their photos (as they were first to arrive) and they were editing/printing their photo when Jody arrived. Jody were just peeking over Indy's photo lol.

Hey Vic, did you somehow manage to see what kind of photo they should take? Was it like the one attached on the booth?

I'm just thinking if it's a selfie or if there's a designated photographer that they should search or they should ask locals to take their photo. :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Vicdemort

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Geek in RFF
« Reply #2735 on: October 23, 2017, 08:57:41 PM »

Hey Vic, did you somehow manage to see what kind of photo they should take? Was it like the one attached on the booth?

I'm just thinking if it's a selfie or if there's a designated photographer that they should search or they should ask locals to take their photo. :)

Yes, it is just a usual photo of the Victoria Harbour. The designated photographer did all the job. Teams just need to pose and get their photos/clues.
Good luck to Final 3!

Offline Malvear867

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2736 on: October 23, 2017, 09:35:18 PM »
Do you have video? Vicdemort

Yes, it is just a usual photo of the Victoria Harbour. The designated photographer did all the job. Teams just need to pose and get their photos/clues.

Offline Vicdemort

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Geek in RFF
« Reply #2737 on: October 23, 2017, 09:41:16 PM »

Not for that part.
Good luck to Final 3!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2738 on: October 23, 2017, 09:41:50 PM »

I have uploaded all of his videos in my Google drive
Check the live sighting thread

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2739 on: October 23, 2017, 11:19:48 PM »
Nevermind, they landed in SFO a little over an hour ago.  Photos in live sighting thread.

Final destination (reportedly) is everywhere, if you want to find it, try twitter.

Just so you don't have to google it?

On May 4, 1965, San Francisco Giants outfielder Willie Mays hits his 512th career home run to break Mel Ott's National League record for home runs. Mays would finish his career with 660 home runs, good for third on the all-time list at the time of his retirement.    :dick   :D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:12:48 AM by Seastars »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2740 on: October 24, 2017, 12:15:13 AM »

Was S24's finale bad, because the best team in the world Dave and Connor won? :funny:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2741 on: October 24, 2017, 12:16:40 AM »
Nevermind, they landed in SFO a little over an hour ago.  Photos in live sighting thread.

Final destination (reportedly) is everywhere, if you want to find it, try twitter.

Just so you don't have to google it?

On May 4, 1965, San Francisco Giants outfielder Willie Mays hits his 512th career home run to break Mel Ott's National League record for home runs. Mays would finish his career with 660 home runs, good for third on the all-time list at the time of his retirement.    :dick   :D

Hah! My mind is a storehouse of useless information so I knew that.  :hoot:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2742 on: October 24, 2017, 12:17:26 AM »

Was S24's finale bad, because the best team in the world Dave and Connor won? :funny:

No. Because it's an absolute joke of a leg.

Digging in the middle of nowhere.
Lightbulbs that failed to allow ANY placement changes.
A magic task that failed to allow ANY placement changes.
A "final task" which decided the winners by first-come first-served to the final clue.

Literally anyone could make a better finale than that.

That said, this is off-topic so sorry for derailing the thread.

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2743 on: October 24, 2017, 12:26:30 AM »
https://www.google.com/maps/search/san+francisco+pier+40+walk+to+pier+39/@37.7817323,-122.422469,13z/data=!3m1!4b1

Look at this map, and listen to the directions that guy gave the skiers.

wow.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2744 on: October 24, 2017, 12:26:40 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xcF6oqKbwnU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xcF6oqKbwnU</a>

A couple of things.
The clue is to figure out how many home runs Willie Mays hit in his career (660) and those are the numbers they need on the baseballs they'll collect. They ask that guy to Google it while they're standing in front of the huge Willie Mays statue with plaques that probably tell them that info. (I dunno, I never read it, but most likely)

Then the Additional Info tells them to go to Pier 40 for the kayaks probably, but the guy filming tells them Pier 40 is 2 miles away. OMGNO. :groan: He's probably thinking about Pier 39. Pier 40 is right behind AT&T. What if he just sent the ladies all the way down the Embarcadero for nothing.

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2745 on: October 24, 2017, 12:30:15 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xcF6oqKbwnU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xcF6oqKbwnU</a>

A couple of things.
The clue is to figure out how many home runs Willie Mays hit in his career (660) and those are the numbers they need on the baseballs they'll collect. They ask that guy to Google it while they're standing in front of the huge Willie Mays statue with plaques that probably tell them that info. (I dunno, I never read it, but most likely)

Then the Additional Info tells them to go to Pier 40 for the kayaks probably, but the guy filming tells them Pier 40 is 2 miles away. OMGNO. :groan: He's probably thinking about Pier 39. Pier 40 is right behind AT&T. What if he just sent the ladies all the way down the Embarcadero for nothing.

Yup, that could end their game, and he told them to run instead of wait for a cab too.

Map from 40 to 39.  https://www.google.com/maps/search/san+francisco+pier+40+walk+to+pier+39/@37.7817323,-122.422469,13z/data=!3m1!4b1

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2746 on: October 24, 2017, 12:31:09 AM »
OF COURSE California is featured on TAR!

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #2747 on: October 24, 2017, 12:31:29 AM »
Which teams are those in the kayaks?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2748 on: October 24, 2017, 12:31:59 AM »
nvm

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2749 on: October 24, 2017, 12:32:15 AM »
https://www.google.com/maps/search/san+francisco+pier+40+walk+to+pier+39/@37.7817323,-122.422469,13z/data=!3m1!4b1

Look at this map, and listen to the directions that guy gave the skiers.

wow.

It's obvious he was sabotaging them :res:

"Can you check on your phone" "ASK HIM HE KNOWS HE'S VERY GOOD AT THIS" *keeps recording*