Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790856 times)

Offline sls17

• RFF Newbie
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2675 on: October 23, 2017, 10:41:48 AM »
so, since rules say no spoiling the final 3 placements, will we not get any info regarding possible winners?  been following this site for the past few weeks, so thank you for all you guys posting!!!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2676 on: October 23, 2017, 10:43:53 AM »
so, since rules say no spoiling the final 3 placements, will we not get any info regarding possible winners?  been following this site for the past few weeks, so thank you for all you guys posting!!!

We will no doubt have info and pictures from the leg, but not the final team placements.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #2677 on: October 23, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »
Fanny packs spotted on the ground in Portland, ME.
Would they have had enough time to fly from Hong Kong to Maine?

Actually Portland Jetport (the airport in Portland, ME) does not have direct flights from West Coast.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2678 on: October 23, 2017, 10:53:58 AM »
Fanny packs spotted on the ground in Portland, ME.
Would they have had enough time to fly from Hong Kong to Maine?

Actually Portland Jetport (the airport in Portland, ME) does not have direct flights from West Coast.

Local Race

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2679 on: October 23, 2017, 11:18:28 AM »
so we think Order of elimination

11) Ring Girls
10) Yoga Moms
9) NBA/Eaters
8.) NBA/Eaters
7) Violinists
6) Twins
5) Lifeguards
4) Racers

Final 3:  Debaters, Jody, Ski Girls  (Final leg today?)

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2680 on: October 23, 2017, 11:19:05 AM »
Patience is a virtue  :angel

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2681 on: October 23, 2017, 11:20:28 AM »
so we think Order of elimination

11) Ring Girls
10) Yoga Moms
9) NBA/Eaters
8.) NBA/Eaters
7) Violinists
6) Twins
5) Lifeguards
4) Racers

Final 3:  Debaters, Jody, Ski Girls  (Final leg today?)

Seems that way

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2682 on: October 23, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »
I'm just waiting to see which teams have the sense to ditch their bags for the last leg.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2683 on: October 23, 2017, 11:24:18 AM »

Its depends how much info we might get from live sightings. We never revealed the final placements for TAR29 as it was being filmed (not even during as the season finally aired months later), but there was a lot of information that a careful reader could take some educated conclusions.  On that matter, the amount of information we got from TAR29 finale was also unusually more than we got from some of the previous seasons. As a comparison, during TAR28 finale, I believe we lost the teams shortly before the final challenge.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2684 on: October 23, 2017, 11:29:23 AM »
TAR29 finale was easy. All urban, and they spent the last 1/3 of it around Wrigley Field, which has webcams pointed at it.

TAR28 finale's latter half was out in the rural southern California valleys.

Offline Michi

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2685 on: October 23, 2017, 12:21:45 PM »
Have they come to the filming of the last leg already? The weeks sure have gone fast.
Life means drawing without using eraser

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2686 on: October 23, 2017, 12:26:16 PM »
Have they come to the filming of the last leg already? The weeks sure have gone fast.
They should be arriving in the final city in the next few hours. Today will be day 23 of racing.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2687 on: October 23, 2017, 12:34:09 PM »

welcome! That's right. If possible we protect the final 3 finish order. Guess it is really up to filming.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2688 on: October 23, 2017, 12:43:26 PM »
Asking everyone to remember...as stated in multiple places:

THERE IS TO BE NO DISCUSSION OF FINAL CITY UNTIL FIRST SIGHTINGS.

NONE.

THIS IS A  NON NEGOTIABLE RFF RULE. SO break it at your own risk.

No city named, no flight arrivals, nothing to announce to the world where they are UNTIL they are seen on the ground and racing.

At that point like all legs we trust in WRP's security.

So PLEASE STOP IT. I edited some posts but will be deleting posts as well. This IS a BANNABLE OFFENSE.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2689 on: October 23, 2017, 12:48:50 PM »
But the flight is an equalizer...so  DOES NOT MATTER!
We hope it's an equalizer; I'd be disappointed if the finale was linear.

Offline Malvear867

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2690 on: October 23, 2017, 12:53:48 PM »
Do you have to carry there bag on the final leg or just there fanny pack with there passports and clues?

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2691 on: October 23, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »
Do you have to carry there bag on the final leg or just there fanny pack with there passports and clues?

You don't have to have your bag with you. You just have to have the necessary items for travel and racing with you. Let's see if any of the Final 3 teams ditch their baggage.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2692 on: October 23, 2017, 01:20:00 PM »
Is there a difference between publicly announcing when and where the starting line will take place?
Is there a difference between talking about the 11 teams flying to Iceland before they have landed?

I’m just reading your message and seriously wondering. I’m not meaning to be rude.

If the reason why it’s different is because it is the final leg and we don’t want to know the exact placement of the final 3 teams (aka don’t want fans documenting the final leg and spoiling it) . Can’t we just post that instead and say we want everyone to tune in and watch the show because it’s about to be cancelled if there aren’t enough viewers.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2693 on: October 23, 2017, 01:33:00 PM »
Is there a difference between publicly announcing when and where the starting line will take place?
Is there a difference between talking about the 11 teams flying to Iceland before they have landed?

I'm sure someone can give a more definitive answer, but allow me to put in my two cents.

1) This season's starting line was publicly announced by CBS, so there was no question about anybody spoiling the start.  RFF has, in fact, discovered some of the previous starting lines (through some excellent detective work) but does not publicly disclose this information until the racers have started racing (or, in at least one case, slightly before, when the racers are at the starting line).

2) This information was also disclosed through multiple sources this season, mostly because of the public start.  Many people had a chance to learn the first destination from the racers themselves. I believe RFF mostly wants to protect the finish line and the final US destination, but again usually only discloses destinations when the racers are safely on their way.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2694 on: October 23, 2017, 02:20:42 PM »

I'm sure someone can give a more definitive answer, but allow me to put in my two cents.

1) This season's starting line was publicly announced by CBS, so there was no question about anybody spoiling the start.  RFF has, in fact, discovered some of the previous starting lines (through some excellent detective work) but does not publicly disclose this information until the racers have started racing (or, in at least one case, slightly before, when the racers are at the starting line).

2) This information was also disclosed through multiple sources this season, mostly because of the public start.  Many people had a chance to learn the first destination from the racers themselves. I believe RFF mostly wants to protect the finish line and the final US destination, but again usually only discloses destinations when the racers are safely on their way.

Ok cause that’s my question.. if they are afraid of some cuckoo crazy going to the finish line city , wouldn’t they be even more afraid to publicly announce where the starting line is being held and give plenty of advanced notice.

Or our members that live in cities that host legs of the race that know they are going to be there and head to the locations to take pictures. How is it any different?

Sorry I was just wondering what makes the final destination so special and secret when just the other day there were a bunch of people in Hong Kong waiting at the airport

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2695 on: October 23, 2017, 02:24:55 PM »

Ok cause that’s my question.. if they are afraid of some cuckoo crazy going to the finish line city , wouldn’t they be even more afraid to publicly announce where the starting line is being held and give plenty of advanced notice.

Or our members that live in cities that host legs of the race that know they are going to be there and head to the locations to take pictures. How is it any different?

Sorry I was just wondering what makes the final destination so special and secret when just the other day there were a bunch of people in Hong Kong waiting at the airport

The starting line was revealed by CBS and they encouraged people to go. The security was set up by them. 

All legs are protected. If you read the live sightings post 1- it states that. This board does not allow posting of any future locations until the teams are there.    People find about about future locations, but you won't find it posted here until the team are on the ground and running.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2696 on: October 23, 2017, 02:27:44 PM »
We don't control others, just us. And maybe our safety concerns are archaic given open starts etc. But until/unless I hear differently, that's the way it goes!

But stay tuned, hoping to have a lovely time ahead!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2697 on: October 23, 2017, 02:47:14 PM »
But the flight is an equalizer...so  DOES NOT MATTER!
We hope it's an equalizer; I'd be disappointed if the finale was linear.

It's been ages, since the last time we had final 3 / 4 teams split apart by them booking different flights for the final city, I guess that's a possibility production has worked really hard to avoid. They do prefer to have entire cast at the finish line.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2698 on: October 23, 2017, 02:55:14 PM »
What I meant by "linear" was a poorly-designed leg where the finishing order duplicates the exit order at the final airport; in other words, the first team to get off the plane wins the race. A leg that's constructed well allows back-and-forth movement among the teams.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2699 on: October 23, 2017, 03:19:40 PM »
What I meant by "linear" was a poorly-designed leg where the finishing order duplicates the exit order at the final airport; in other words, the first team to get off the plane wins the race. A leg that's constructed well allows back-and-forth movement among the teams.

Yeah, any task that involves teams to get in a line for something shouldn't be on a Final Leg, imo. A Leg of course can be linear and poorly designed without such a task. But first come, first served tasks certainly don't help.