Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790432 times)

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2625 on: October 23, 2017, 12:29:29 AM »
Since the Pit Start mat was removed, I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that the skiiers were 3rd.

No matter which of Jody or Debaters won the leg would be interesting; if Jody wins that's a plus for the fans, and if the Debaters won that's a new addition to the Brooke & Robbie/Jet & Cord club of teams getting NELed with Speed Bumps then winning the leg :lol:

Lol Jody got 4th after getting u turned in Bahrain.. hardly back of pack.

But wouldn't bottom 2 constitute back of the pack in an F5 scenario? =P

To the contrary they were running high enough to be able rob do u turn and still beat two teams

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #2626 on: October 23, 2017, 12:30:25 AM »
Rachel gave Jody tips before they left. And Cody has watched the race before so they should be mentally prepared for the last puzzle  :conf:

This final may be the most competitive in a while. Each team has the guts and wits to win. It will be a battle to the finish line

Just a little caution guys, we know nothing about these teams except a few snapshots we get of the legs as they progress. No one knows for sure how "strong" these three teams are, considering at least two have been known to have been at the back of the pack at least once (Jody was running behind in Prague and Bahrain, and the Debaters were NEL'd in Thailand). I'm hoping for the best for all three of them, but let's not get ahead of ourselves before we actually see these episodes air haha!

Weren't they U-Turned in Zimbabwe, not Bahrain?

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2627 on: October 23, 2017, 12:31:16 AM »
Since the Pit Start mat was removed, I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that the skiiers were 3rd.

No matter which of Jody or Debaters won the leg would be interesting; if Jody wins that's a plus for the fans, and if the Debaters won that's a new addition to the Brooke & Robbie/Jet & Cord club of teams getting NELed with Speed Bumps then winning the leg :lol:

Woman who filmed them unlocking the briefcase said Jess a and Cody were first team she saw.. and skiers were seen arriving with Indy so I’d guess Jody won the leg. Debaters May have flown through and somehow got 2nd

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2628 on: October 23, 2017, 12:32:11 AM »
Rachel gave Jody tips before they left. And Cody has watched the race before so they should be mentally prepared for the last puzzle  :conf:

This final may be the most competitive in a while. Each team has the guts and wits to win. It will be a battle to the finish line

Just a little caution guys, we know nothing about these teams except a few snapshots we get of the legs as they progress. No one knows for sure how "strong" these three teams are, considering at least two have been known to have been at the back of the pack at least once (Jody was running behind in Prague and Bahrain, and the Debaters were NEL'd in Thailand). I'm hoping for the best for all three of them, but let's not get ahead of ourselves before we actually see these episodes air haha!

Weren't they U-Turned in Zimbabwe, not Bahrain?
Yep my mistake on city

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2629 on: October 23, 2017, 12:34:31 AM »
This!

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2630 on: October 23, 2017, 12:39:09 AM »
Guys search for sighting at HK airport, skiers just departed for Leg 12

Didn’t you hear any of whatbthey said about the clue?

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2631 on: October 23, 2017, 12:40:49 AM »

Woman who filmed them unlocking the briefcase said Jess a and Cody were first team she saw.. and skiers were seen arriving with Indy so I’d guess Jody won the leg. Debaters May have flown through and somehow got 2nd

This pic also shows debaters with the indy races.
https://twitter.com/shinigamishinz0/status/922185223550504961

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2632 on: October 23, 2017, 12:43:37 AM »
I would not think that removing the pit start mat indicates anything. If they are doing the 'classical' start based on a fixed interval from the teams' arrival time at the pit stop, then they would know exactly when each team would be released to start the leg. They might move the mat to get it out of the way of people while waiting for the next team.

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2633 on: October 23, 2017, 12:44:14 AM »
that seems like a lot of work. why not just leave the mat there???

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2634 on: October 23, 2017, 12:47:37 AM »

It seems like a lot of work to roll up and unroll a mat? The answer is literally in the post: They might move the mat to get it out of the way of people while waiting for the next team. It's a street with heavy foot traffic during the day.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #2635 on: October 23, 2017, 12:50:50 AM »
Since from the beginning the producer knows that there's a chance that Jody might be in the finale. I don't think the finale will be in downtown area like in TAR29, since it may attract fans to help them or haters to stumble them.

Therefore, I think that the finale will be in remote/secluded areas or somewhere that not many people can spot the teams like back in TAR20 or TAR24 finale took place in the night and they visited Las Vegas desert in the beginning. :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:47:57 AM by Kamineko »
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2636 on: October 23, 2017, 12:54:19 AM »
The taxi ride from the pitstart to airport takes at least 40 minutes
They get in taxi not until 12:45, that enables them to reach the airport not earlier than 13:15, which is very late (1 hour ahead) for international departure

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2637 on: October 23, 2017, 12:59:22 AM »

It seems like a lot of work to roll up and unroll a mat? The answer is literally in the post: They might move the mat to get it out of the way of people while waiting for the next team. It's a street with heavy foot traffic during the day.
But they left it there the whole time for the pitstop??? I doubt they would keep rolling it.

Skiers were probably the last team to leave in my opinion......

Offline Vicdemort

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Geek in RFF
« Reply #2638 on: October 23, 2017, 01:01:02 AM »
They didn't seem to be in a hurry at all. I think they will be bunched anyway.
TARV5: Ultimate Evil
Good luck to Final 3!

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2639 on: October 23, 2017, 01:03:47 AM »

But they left it there the whole time for the pitstop??? I doubt they would keep rolling it.

Why would they roll up the mat during a pit stop and risk teams missing it because they were unable to spot the mat? It's the most crucial part of the race. Today's filming on the mat is for continuity. I have no speculation of the order. I'm just not dismissing possibilities.

Offline Fanfav21

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2640 on: October 23, 2017, 01:10:23 AM »

OMG! what if it down to 2 teams...this lady only saw 2 Jody and Skiers.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2641 on: October 23, 2017, 01:10:44 AM »
https://twitter.com/march_e8/status/922332126250393600

Jody and Skiers at mat

She said Jody filmed first...
Also Jess and one of the skiers are in flip flops so they’re in no hurry obviously

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2642 on: October 23, 2017, 01:26:43 AM »
Based on the timing of when they were at the mat, and the casualness of Jess and one of the skiers... they’re in no hurry to catch a flight... only possible flights that make sense are:

Ny at 4:10, LA 435, Alaska 6:10,la 6:10, Boston 615, ny 645,

My guess would be LA at 435 🤷🏻‍♂️
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:31:53 AM by dangambler »

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2643 on: October 23, 2017, 01:30:17 AM »
Based on the timing of when they were at the mat, and the casualness of Jess and one orb the skiers... they’re in no hurry to catch a flight... only possible flights that make sense are:

What happened to confirmation of going to SF? There were so many posts of people believing it's going to be SF.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2644 on: October 23, 2017, 01:32:17 AM »
Based on the timing of when they were at the mat, and the casualness of Jess and one orb the skiers... they’re in no hurry to catch a flight... only possible flights that make sense are:

What happened to confirmation of going to SF? There were so many posts of people believing it's going to be SF.

could still be going to sf through la?

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2645 on: October 23, 2017, 01:43:31 AM »
It could be possible for production to instruct teams to report to the mat between a short designated time span and edit in positional order, if necessary, for the show.

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2646 on: October 23, 2017, 01:51:52 AM »
It could be possible for production to instruct teams to report to the mat between a short designated time span and edit in positional order, if necessary, for the show.

Yeah, I don't see why they would need to film teams on the mat in order today. They can film however is most convenient and edit the footage in the right sequence.

Offline Pinnacle94080

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2647 on: October 23, 2017, 02:02:33 AM »
Hope they still come through SF so I can get a chance to see them.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2648 on: October 23, 2017, 02:38:47 AM »
Since from the beginning the producer knows that there's a chance that Jody might be in the finale. I don't think the finale will be in downtown area like in TAR29, since it may attract fans to help them or haters to stumble them.

Therefore, I think that the finale will be in remote/secluded areas or somewhere that not many people can spot the teams like back   or TAR24 finale took place in the night and they visited Las Vegas desert in the beginning? :)

Also, the Leg doesn't have to take place within city limits of course. They could travel to other cities in the area.
Would've been interesting to see what kind of adjustments would've been made if the Final Leg took place a few weeks ago when the tragic wildfires were at their worst.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #2649 on: October 23, 2017, 02:51:00 AM »

Therefore, I think that the finale will be in remote/secluded areas or somewhere that not many people can spot the teams like back   or TAR24 finale took place in the night and they visited Las Vegas desert in the beginning? :)

Therefore, I think that the finale will be in remote/secluded areas or somewhere that not many people can spot the teams like back in TAR20 or TAR24 finale took place in the night and they visited Las Vegas desert in the beginning. :)

Also, the Leg doesn't have to take place within city limits of course. They could travel to other cities in the area.
Would've been interesting to see what kind of adjustments would've been made if the Final Leg took place a few weeks ago when the tragic wildfires were at their worst.

I had typos in my first post :lol:

I'm still hoping for either Hawaii, SF, or Seattle finale. Please don't ruin this great route with another LA finale... :groan:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*