Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790481 times)

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2575 on: October 22, 2017, 06:31:32 PM »
I've only watched about 5 seasons. Has that happened before where Phil goes to eliminate a team without them finishing the leg?

From the top of my head: yes. TAR5/6/15/16/23/29 are the ones that quickly come to mind.
Yep.  You got all of those right.

TAR5: Marshall & Lance on leg six.
TAR6: Lena & Kristy on leg three.
TAR15: Maria & Tiffany on leg seven.
TAR16: Dana & Adrian (thanks to Dana's laziness) on leg one (a pathetic time to get that kind of elimination)
TAR23: Chester & Ephraim on leg three.
TAR29: Shamir & Sara on leg four.

. . . But you also forgot one more, at least:

TAR13: Toni & Dallas on leg ten.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:03:43 PM by Joberio »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2576 on: October 22, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »
I've only watched about 5 seasons. Has that happened before where Phil goes to eliminate a team without them finishing the leg?

From the top of my head: yes. TAR5/6/15/16/23/29 are the ones that quickly come to mind.
Yep.  You all of those right.

TAR16: Dana & Adrian (thanks to Dana's laziness) on leg one (a pathetic time to get that kind of elimination)

TAR 29 Floyd and Becca on Leg 10
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2577 on: October 22, 2017, 06:41:36 PM »

Yep.  You all of those right.

TAR 29 Floyd and Becca on Leg 10

You forgot one of the worst teams on TAR, TAR 27's Kelly & Shevonne who finishes a slider puzzle in 3 hours and 45 minutes. Phil eliminated them on the spot at Copacabana Beach in Rio, Leg 1. :funny:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:45:41 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2578 on: October 22, 2017, 06:42:20 PM »
I am rewatching the final 3 leg major puzzles and S16 was so easy, (and this is when they could still write details down and jordan and dan had the order in their journal)

They had to carry a box across town to a studio and then arrange the eliminated teams in order plus add in the non elimination legs. After that they got a clue with a riddle to the final finish line. "candelstick park"

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2579 on: October 22, 2017, 06:43:04 PM »
Kinda familiar with the suitcase task. I've done something similar in the past. Solving and it was frustrating.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2580 on: October 22, 2017, 06:50:11 PM »
Looking a little like the Past Seasons discussion thread. lol

Anyway I assume that they are going to be leaving Monday afternoon or evening from Hong Kong. Which would mean that the earliest they would arrive at any American location would be Monday afternoon or evening as well?

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2581 on: October 22, 2017, 06:53:32 PM »
Looking a little like the Past Seasons discussion thread. lol

Anyway I assume that they are going to be leaving Monday afternoon or evening from Hong Kong. Which would mean that the earliest they would arrive at any American location would be Monday afternoon or evening as well?
well they probably went to sleep right after they finished the leg since it was late in hongkong. wont they wake up early in the AM to catch the flight to the final probably held tomorrow?

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2582 on: October 22, 2017, 06:58:43 PM »
How soon after do the contestants return home? Are they held for a couple of days to do press?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2583 on: October 22, 2017, 07:11:23 PM »
Well, the HK leg finished around 1 or 2 am I think? I know Pit Stops aren't all 12 hours any more. But even if they were released in the morning, the earliest flights they could take would be around 12 pm which would mean the earliest they could arrive at any American location would be in the afternoon as well I guess. Direct flights of course. Sometimes they do make teams take specific flights to get them somewhere at specific times.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2584 on: October 22, 2017, 07:13:42 PM »
Well, the HK leg finished around 1 or 2 am I think? I know Pit Stops aren't all 12 hours any more. But even if they were released in the morning, the earliest flights they could take would be around 12 pm which would mean the earliest they could arrive at any American location would be in the afternoon as well I guess. Direct flights of course. Sometimes they do make teams take specific flights to get them somewhere at specific times.
Peach will have flight information, no worries  :hoot:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2585 on: October 22, 2017, 07:16:44 PM »
Remember that since TAR 27, teams weren't even released for the final leg, they're just transported straight to their flight by production.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #2586 on: October 22, 2017, 07:17:49 PM »
Remember that in the past few seasons, teams weren't even released for the final leg, they're just transported straight to their flight by production.
Which seasons did that?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2587 on: October 22, 2017, 07:25:05 PM »
Really? That's odd. So the teams do their interviews and are taken directly to the airport? Even TAR25 and TAR26 had at least a couple hours downtime even at the airport.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2588 on: October 22, 2017, 07:35:23 PM »
Oh, I mean there's downtime, but there hasn't been an official Pit Start (i.e. release based on check-in time, clue-ripping). When it's time for the flight, production just bundles them all to the airport for their spoonfed flights (e.g. from Macau to Hong Kong Airport in TAR 27, from Shenzhen to Guangzhou Airport in TAR 28).

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2589 on: October 22, 2017, 07:38:25 PM »
is the final leg for sure  tomorrow or could they give them a day off and have it on Tues?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2590 on: October 22, 2017, 07:44:10 PM »
Oh. Yeah i was just wondering because depending on if they leave Hong Kong early then they might be able to squeeze in the final leg on Monday afternoon and finishing  in the evening wherever they're going in the US it doesn't matter whether it's on the West Coast or east coast. Otherwise, thinking about at least the 12-hour Pit Stop as an example, they'll leave Hong Kong some time past 1 or 2 p.m. that'll get them into the United States sometime late Monday night or early Tuesday morning I guess.

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2591 on: October 22, 2017, 08:04:16 PM »
Y'all sure are assuming a lot. :funny:

It’s jboy..what do you expect. It’s always an assumption Jody come in first every leg

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2592 on: October 22, 2017, 08:08:24 PM »

It’s jboy..what do you expect. It’s always an assumption Jody come in first every leg

to be fair they survived a uturn and outlasted a lot of good teams..  Wasn't a fan of bb19 in general but they are impressing me on the race.. Didn't think they had it in them to make it this far (espically Jessica).

All the 3 teams left deserve major props.  This looks like one of the toughest overall casts ever.

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2593 on: October 22, 2017, 08:12:45 PM »

to be fair they survived a uturn and outlasted a lot of good teams..  Wasn't a fan of bb19 in general but they are impressing me on the race.. Didn't think they had it in them to make it this far (espically Jessica).

All the 3 teams left deserve major props.  This looks like one of the toughest overall casts ever.

Agreed. These teams, Jody particularly, have been impressive. Casting seems to have done a stellar job for TAR 30. I think production will make the final leg reaaal tough.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2594 on: October 22, 2017, 08:20:52 PM »
is the final leg for sure  tomorrow or could they give them a day off and have it on Tues?
They had a long Pit Stop before the final leg last season (CMIIW), so a ~12 hour Pit Stop before the FINAL leg would be especially weird. I mean, they don't usually do such short Pit Stops anyway.
Also, final legs are usually day-time legs, so I would be really surprised to see them doing the finale tomorrow. Production needs to get in front as well.

I'm banking on Tuesday afternoon-evening.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2595 on: October 22, 2017, 09:39:43 PM »
They had a long Pit Stop before the final leg last season (CMIIW), so a ~12 hour Pit Stop before the FINAL leg would be especially weird. I mean, they don't usually do such short Pit Stops anyway.
Also, final legs are usually day-time legs, so I would be really surprised to see them doing the finale tomorrow. Production needs to get in front as well.

I'm banking on Tuesday afternoon-evening.

why?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:09:08 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2596 on: October 22, 2017, 10:30:52 PM »
If they leave today won't they have a break on the plane anyways since its a 13 hour flight and stay at a hotel once they get there or do they start racing right at the airport.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2597 on: October 22, 2017, 10:32:50 PM »
Final leg? Nah, as soon as they hit the ground in the final city, it's game on.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2598 on: October 22, 2017, 10:33:18 PM »
They can sleep on the plane.... that should be well enough time to get rest for the most important leg on the show.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2599 on: October 22, 2017, 10:36:50 PM »
Rachel gave Jody tips before they left. And Cody has watched the race before so they should be mentally prepared for the last puzzle  :conf:

This final may be the most competitive in a while. Each team has the guts and wits to win. It will be a battle to the finish line