Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790544 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2550 on: October 22, 2017, 04:37:36 PM »
Not trying to be argumentative but sincerely confused. How does not posting future locations reconcile with all the posts of future flights from various airports other that a lack of certainty? Also, if hints of future locations aren't posted how will we get sightings in the future? Isn't production responsible for providing and ensuring team security?

We protect 3 things here.

The Start Line, The Finish Line , and the Final 3 Finish order.

We also do not post concrete info re locations in advance. Lack of certainty IS the deal.

That is our choice, it is not up for discussion.

We have covered this over and over again, and I am sorry some of you may not agree.

This is one case that we feel it is the RIGHT thing to do.

Spoilers are fun, but even taking the slightest risk of endangering our racers, or beloved crew is not happening here.

Neither is HURTING the show by publishing the winner order. I have been there done that in Season 11 when a top to bottom boot list was shared. It ruined the anticipation and the buzz and the suspense. Same more recently.
We need good ratings, so this is a small give back to TAR for all the joy they give us.

Move on okay? No further discussion on this now... maybe later when we have all slept a week.

:tu

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2551 on: October 22, 2017, 04:38:33 PM »
I was going to ask if there was possibly a fast forward in this leg but doesnt that mean you do a task and go automatically to the pitstop? all teams were sighted at the bar so not likely unless they all declined

Highly unlikely. They've never done a fast forward this late in the race and I doubt they ever will. It would suck some of the drama out of the leg and make cab driver luck in getting to the clue box first even more important. They should be working to make cab drivers less important, not more.

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2552 on: October 22, 2017, 04:46:31 PM »
will this thread be active anymore or does discussion stop now that the final leg is taking place???

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2553 on: October 22, 2017, 04:47:44 PM »
will this thread be active anymore or does discussion stop now that the final leg is taking place???

I dunno we can't really talk about anything from this point on.. Now that we know the final 3.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2554 on: October 22, 2017, 04:48:43 PM »
I guess we could talk about when we might think TAR30 will premiere...

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #2555 on: October 22, 2017, 04:52:23 PM »
The job does not end here. Experience taught us that sightings can still pop up even after the season filming is over. Wouldn't be the first time neither the last one.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2556 on: October 22, 2017, 04:53:37 PM »
but are we allowed to post future sightings in the final leg or is it considered spoiling final placement??????

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2557 on: October 22, 2017, 04:57:22 PM »
but are we allowed to post future sightings in the final leg or is it considered spoiling final placement??????

You can post sightings during the final leg. You cannot post any finish line pics unless cleared by a moderator! You cannot post any finish line placements!
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2558 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:24 PM »
Though I'd really like them to beat out the current BB/TAR crossover team, Rachel/Brendon, and get at least second.
I kinda hope they don't  :D :angel
Though, at least, I don't think any team will ever even get the chance to reach the Final 3 twice considering TAR's future.

Jody is already better than Brenchel imo..  Brenchel played against weaker competition on season 20 and still barely squeaked by never winning a single leg.

I've only watched 3 seasons... but this seems like a really stout cast compared to the seasons I watched when they had very few what id consider athletes

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #2559 on: October 22, 2017, 05:04:27 PM »

You can post sightings during the final leg. You cannot post any finish line pics unless cleared by a moderator! You cannot post any finish line placements!

If you have any doubts about it, go the archive section, pick a previous season and see the live sightings and you will see that there are lot of pics and info of each final leg. However, you'll never find info about who won, who was second or third place.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2560 on: October 22, 2017, 05:06:28 PM »
if you're in HK and want to go to airport to possibly see them hit me up and I can give you an idea of where we believe they will be

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2561 on: October 22, 2017, 05:07:12 PM »
If you look at past seasons, you will also see that not everybody is interested in the boot order. Many just like to know info on the routes, detours, roadblocks, etc. 

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2562 on: October 22, 2017, 05:08:06 PM »
I was going to ask if there was possibly a fast forward in this leg but doesnt that mean you do a task and go automatically to the pitstop? all teams were sighted at the bar so not likely unless they all declined

Highly unlikely. They've never done a fast forward this late in the race and I doubt they ever will. It would suck some of the drama out of the leg and make cab driver luck in getting to the clue box first even more important. They should be working to make cab drivers less important, not more.

didnt they do a fastfowrd in brenchel season where she could have shaved her head and declined? for the final 4 leg

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2563 on: October 22, 2017, 05:09:46 PM »

didnt they do a fastfowrd in brenchel season where she could have shaved her head and declined? for the final 4 leg

It was when 5 teams were remaining and were to be cut to 4 teams for next leg. It was Leg 10.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2564 on: October 22, 2017, 05:10:14 PM »

That was in the Final Five, and TAR25 also had one. It's also the latest a Fast Forward has popped up in the Race for quite some time.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #2565 on: October 22, 2017, 05:29:46 PM »
although.. Five M/M teams and none of them made it to the finale.. That is insane..
I guess we know the final 3. In TAR 23, none of the 5 MM teams made the finals [either].
I'm totally okay with this.  As I said several pages back, consider it another big dose of karma for CBS and their casting department.  They really thought that America would like a whopping FIVE men's teams in the cast?  That was just way too many.  Season after season, we get a meager number of women's teams, yet they feel okay overcasting and overloading us with four and, three times (TAR4, TAR23, and now TAR30), five men's teams?!  Casting?!  So to have none of them make it to the end yet again makes me all giddy inside.

This is a decent parallel to TAR23, though: five men's teams, all of them eliminated before the end, with four of them falling in a row.  Rowan & Shane, Chester & Ephraim, Brandon & Adam, and Tim & Danny for TAR23, and Joey & Tim (Eaters), Shaun & Cedric (NBA), Trevor & Chris (Violinists), and Eric & Daniel (Twins) for TAR30.  And the final men's team gets the ax right before the end -- Leo & Jamal for TAR23, and now Alex & Connor (Indy) for TAR30.  In addition, one coed team and two women's teams were eliminated over the course of each season -- Hoskote & Naina, Nicky & Kim, and Ally & Ashley for TAR23, and now Kayla & Dessie (Ring Girls), April & Sarah (Yoga Moms), and Lucas & Brittany (Lifeguards) for TAR30.

Good parallel, and good end result for this leg.

So Cody & Jessica (Jody), Henry & Evan (Debaters), and Jen & Kristi (Skiers) are our F3, huh?  All three have sounded like they were in front at different times (with Jen & Kristi sounding like they were in or near the front a bit more than the other two), so it could be a tough race to the end.  Hoping there is one.

And I'm just glad that another women's team has finally cracked the F3 after so long!  I think Amy & Maya were our last one to do so five seasons ago, right?  So Jen & Kristi are the magic tenth one to make it there, following Lyn & Karlyn (TAR10), Dustin & Kandice (TAR11), Charla & Mirna (TAR11), Jaime & Cara (TAR14), Brook & Claire (TAR17), Nat & Kat (TAR17), Kisha & Jen (TAR18), Mona & Beth (TAR22), and Amy & Maya (TAR25).  Congrats, ladies, for joining that super-rare club of women's teams who reach the end!  After the other two were booted so soon this season, I really worried for them, but they turned out to be one of the strongest teams this season, if not the strongest (hopefully)!

Either way, with Cody & Jessica at the end, Paul Abrahamian's head must be exploding right now.  Or it will be when he hears of this.

Whew.  Sorry for all the trivia.  Just had to vent my excitement about this somehow. :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:27:08 PM by TexasLady »

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2566 on: October 22, 2017, 05:31:14 PM »
IK no talk about the finale location, but i recall phil saying something about heights, imagine for a crazy first that he has the finish line at the top of something very BIG they have to climb too?
 :spy:

would make for very good tv, *are you scared to climb to win a mill?* and would have us at the edge of our seats if there was a race to the top

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2567 on: October 22, 2017, 05:32:07 PM »

We'll be discussing EVERYTHING right thru the last episode airs...and then some.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2568 on: October 22, 2017, 05:36:41 PM »
IK no talk about the finale location, but i recall phil saying something about heights, imagine for a crazy first that he has the finish line at the top of something very BIG they have to climb too?

would make for very good tv, *are you scared to climb to win a mill?* and would have us at the edge of our seats if there was a race to the top

This could also unfortunately backfire, Brenchel's 2nd season had a Finish Line dependent on who got to the final cluebox first because it was skydiving to the Finish Line :/

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2569 on: October 22, 2017, 05:37:14 PM »

We'll be discussing EVERYTHING right thru the last episode airs...and then some.
Peach, are the teams still taking their Pit Stop?  Or have they started the final leg by now?

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2570 on: October 22, 2017, 05:38:16 PM »

This could also unfortunately backfire, Brenchel's 2nd season had a Finish Line dependent on who got to the final cluebox first because it was skydiving to the Finish Line :/

I remember that, wasnt that for allstars .

this is a big season since its 30. I hope they go all out and make it a crazy finish line. it has to do something with heights because we didnt see anything crazy height wise for spoilers in the legs.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2571 on: October 22, 2017, 05:38:59 PM »
although.. Five M/M teams and none of them made it to the finale.. That is insane..
I guess we know the final 3. In TAR 23, none of the 5 MM teams made the finals [either].
I'm totally okay with this.  As I said several pages back, consider it another big dose of karma for CBS and their casting department.  They really thought that America would like a whopping FIVE men's teams in the cast?  That was just way too many.  Season after season, we get a meager number of women's teams, yet they feel okay overcasting and overloading us with four and, three times (TAR4, TAR23, and now TAR30), five men's teams?!  WTF, casting?!  So to have none of them make it to the end yet again makes me all giddy inside.

This is a decent parallel to TAR23, though: five men's teams, all of them eliminated before the end, with four of them falling in a row.  Rowan & Shane, Chester & Ephraim, Brandon & Adam, and Tim & Danny for TAR23, and Joey & Tim (Eaters), Shaun & Cedric (NBA), Trevor & Chris (Violinists), and Eric & Daniel (Twins) for TAR30.  And the final men's team gets the ax right before the end -- Leo & Jamal for TAR23, and now Alex & Connor (Indy) for TAR30.  In addition, one coed team and two women's teams were eliminated over the course of each season -- Hoskote & Naina, Nicky & Kim, and Ally & Ashley for TAR23, and now Kayla & Dessie (Ring Girls), April & Sarah (Yoga Moms), and Lucas & Brittany (Lifeguards) for TAR30.

So Cody & Jessica (Jody), Henry & Evan (Debaters), and Jen & Kristi (Skiers) are our F3, huh?  All three have sounded like they were in front at different times (with Jen & Kristi sounding like they were in or near the front a bit more than the other two), so it could be a tough race to the end.  Hoping there is one.

And I'm just glad that another women's team has finally cracked the F3 after so long!  I think Amy & Maya were our last one to do so five seasons ago, right?  So Jen & Kristi are the magic tenth one to make it there, following Lyn & Karlyn (TAR10), Dustin & Kandice (TAR11), Charla & Mirna (TAR11), Jaime & Cara (TAR14), Brook & Claire (TAR17), Nat & Kat (TAR17), Kisha & Jen (TAR18), Mona & Beth (TAR22), and Amy & Maya (TAR25).  Congrats, ladies, for joining that super-rare club of women's teams who reach the end!  After the other two were booted so soon this season, I really worried for them, but they turned out to be one of the strongest teams this season, if not the strongest (hopefully)!

Either way, with Cody & Jessica at the end, Paul Abrahamian's head must be exploding right now.  Or it will be when he hears of this.

Whew.  Sorry for all the trivia.  Just had to vent my excitement about this somehow. :)

Sorry, but you forgot that Caroline & Jennifer also made F3 in that season that shall not be named, so that makes eleven F/F teams to make it.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2572 on: October 22, 2017, 05:40:13 PM »
I've only watched about 5 seasons. Has that happened before where Phil goes to eliminate a team without them finishing the leg?

Yeah. It usually happens about once a season

I think 5 or 6 times in all? Our TAR Wiki would have that info, go post in Q's and it will get answered.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2573 on: October 22, 2017, 05:46:26 PM »
I'm totally okay with this.  As I said several pages back, consider it another big dose of karma for CBS and their casting department.  They really thought that America would like a whopping FIVE men's teams in the cast?  That was just way too many.  Season after season, we get a meager number of women's teams, yet they feel okay overcasting and overloading us with four and, three times (TAR4, TAR23, and now TAR30), five men's teams?!  Casting?!  So to have none of them make it to the end yet again makes me all giddy inside.

Sorry, but you forgot that Caroline & Jennifer also made F3 in that season that shall not be named, so that makes eleven F/F teams to make it.
Oh, yeah!  How could I forget Caroline & Jennifer also making it?!  We do have eleven!:)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:34:51 PM by TexasLady »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2574 on: October 22, 2017, 06:08:14 PM »
I've only watched about 5 seasons. Has that happened before where Phil goes to eliminate a team without them finishing the leg?

From the top of my head: yes. TAR5/6/15/16/23/29 are the ones that quickly come to mind.