Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790387 times)

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2500 on: October 22, 2017, 02:02:17 PM »
Pit Stop is the junction of Johnston Rd and Wan Chai Rd.
What a random place to put a Pit Stop!

IG Poster says this: Right in front of Chung Wui Mansion, near Wan Chai station :)

Chun Wui Mansion is Wrong...and I fall for it... :groan:

It is in 136 Wan Chai Road, a road in front of the new apartment "L Wanchai", it took me an hour to find this pit stop, and when I was there, the crew is packing everything...

Oh, no. The street address is visible in the photo on the right. Were you able to find out ANYTHING? Talk to anyone who was there when teams arrived?

When I was here, I was told by another fans Phil went to eliminated the 4th team in LKF....but I doubt it as he didn't really see the whole scene
I think that's what happened...look above.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2501 on: October 22, 2017, 02:02:39 PM »
Uh oh. When Phil is talking to a team somewhere other than the mat, that's always a bad sign. As in, being unable to finish a task there, and he has to come over and eliminate them because everyone else is already checked in.

Offline amazing_hey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2502 on: October 22, 2017, 02:02:53 PM »
OMG...so the two guys is really 4th...

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #2503 on: October 22, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »
Team's worst nightmare, an elimination on the field.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2504 on: October 22, 2017, 02:03:28 PM »
OMG...so the two guys is really 4th...

It confirms what the person told you. Everyone in the photo looks solemn, too.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2505 on: October 22, 2017, 02:04:00 PM »
look at the racecar drivers feet.. That is the closed breifcase we saw cody unlocking in the task?   Maybe they couldn't figure out the code?

Offline amazing_hey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2506 on: October 22, 2017, 02:05:32 PM »
Will Phil come back to Wan Chai Road? I wish I can see him at least once for a selfie...

I am sitting in the 24 hrs mc Donald next to it in hope he is hungry and want a burger...

But with the LLF thing, I think he is not coming back...

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2507 on: October 22, 2017, 02:06:14 PM »
look at the racecar drivers feet.. That is the closed breifcase we saw cody unlocking in the task?   Maybe they couldn't figure out the code?

And the briefcase is set down closer to Phil and not the Indy drivers.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2508 on: October 22, 2017, 02:07:17 PM »

And the briefcase is set down closer to Phil and not the Indy drivers.

ya they were supposed to open it and get a map or clue inside for their next destination.. My guess is they couldn't get it open by the time all the other teams finished so phil went to them and eliminated them.

Offline jdessy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2509 on: October 22, 2017, 02:09:28 PM »
That really does suck for the Indy Drivers. After so many legs of not knowing who the mystery team was, I was excited when I found out it was them, and I can't even explain why.

Honestly, going out this way is probably worse than even with bad luck or narrowly losing to another team, in my opinion.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2510 on: October 22, 2017, 02:13:06 PM »
That really does suck for the Indy Drivers. After so many legs of not knowing who the mystery team was, I was excited when I found out it was them, and I can't even explain why.

Honestly, going out this way is probably worse than even with bad luck or narrowly losing to another team, in my opinion.

I was too. The good thing is, as for all teams that go out in 4th place, is they got to see every country visited this year and I guess that's a pretty cool thing to say. Maybe they got some trips or prizes along the way. I'll still root for um!

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2511 on: October 22, 2017, 02:14:09 PM »
although.. Five M/M teams and none of them made it to the finale.. That is insane..

I do feel bad for the drivers though.. It sucks when you get stuck on something espically so close to the end.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2512 on: October 22, 2017, 02:15:05 PM »
I guess we know the final 3. In TAR 23, none of the 5 MM teams made the finals too.

This season, we found 1 U-turn, 2 Speedbump'd teams ( 1 indirectly) and 7 pitstops!!! :conf:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2513 on: October 22, 2017, 02:15:41 PM »
although.. Five M/M teams and none of them made it to the finale.. That is insane..

I do feel bad for the drivers though.. It sucks when you get stuck on something espically so close to the end.

Right. They were so close to making F3. Dang, but that means Debaters came through and made it despite the speed bump?  :didimiss:

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2514 on: October 22, 2017, 02:17:18 PM »

Right. They were so close to making F3. Dang, but that means Debaters came through and made it despite the speed bump?  :didimiss:

ya debaters are smart.. That code the racecar drivers got stuck on is right in their wheelhouse.  Who knows how long the poor guys would have been there doing that had phil not came to them.

Offline jdessy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2515 on: October 22, 2017, 02:20:41 PM »

I guess so. Sometimes, Speed Bumps are easier to solve if you have the time to catch up to other teams. Seeing as the Indy Drivers got stuck on this one puzzle, presumably it allowed for the Debaters to catch up and pass them at some point. They all were on the same flight, so they all pretty much started the leg at the exact same time. If the Speed Bump took only an additional 20 minutes, they could have powered through the rest of the tasks with ease.

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2516 on: October 22, 2017, 02:21:57 PM »
So 3 out of 4 teams in this pic (rip yoga moms) made to F3? Wonder if it's just coincidence or they made early agreement to help each other out if possible.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2517 on: October 22, 2017, 02:24:24 PM »
This final 3 is really good and they are all threats.

The debaters will be a very threat to Jody and skiers with the mental puzzle in the last leg of the whole journey.

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2518 on: October 22, 2017, 02:26:54 PM »
So 3 out of 4 teams in this pic (rip yoga moms) made to F3? Wonder if it's just coincidence or they made early agreement to help each other out if possible.

Doesn't seem like there was an agreement. Remember in Prague when Jody weren't spotted with the group of Skiers, Debaters, and Twins? And Jody was sitting by themselves in the front away from Debaters, Twins, and Lifeguards who were bunched together on the flight from Zurich.

Offline jdessy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2519 on: October 22, 2017, 02:30:52 PM »
This final 3 is really good and they are all threats.

The debaters will be a very threat to Jody and skiers with the mental puzzle in the last leg of the whole journey.

Agreed. Although I don't know what the Skiers or Debaters are like and they could very well piss me off when the season comes out (much like Jody could also piss me off, despite me being fans of them), I can acknowledge how strong they are. Obviously they are if they got this far, but also because I believe all three teams have been mostly in the front of the pack. I know Jody have been lower down in the rankings compared to the Skiers (not sure about Debaters), but they've all seemed to work very hard.

Now, if none of the teams can end up another Brooke/Scott, that would be very helpful in rooting for them when the season starts up. Unfortunately, there's always that one team in F3 that pisses me off from the beginning.

Even as a Jody fan, I'm ok if they get third place, because they got farther than I expected them to. Though I'd really like them to beat out the current BB/TAR crossover team, Rachel/Brendon, and get at least second.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2520 on: October 22, 2017, 02:33:36 PM »
Assuming there's some form of grand memory challenge as per usual in the final leg, if smarts got the Debaters through the race, I could very well see them having the edge there. A la Amy & Maya, who weren't exactly physically fit people.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2521 on: October 22, 2017, 02:36:56 PM »
Well the Debaters look pretty fit. So if they're smart and reasonably fit, that's a pretty good combination.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2522 on: October 22, 2017, 02:38:37 PM »
Well the Debaters look pretty fit. So if they're smart and reasonably fit, that's a pretty good combination.

yep.. They got lucky with that f4 NEL..  MIght have just won them $1 million dollars.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2523 on: October 22, 2017, 02:41:06 PM »
Though I'd really like them to beat out the current BB/TAR crossover team, Rachel/Brendon, and get at least second.
I kinda hope they don't  :D :angel
Though, at least, I don't think any team will ever even get the chance to reach the Final 3 twice considering TAR's future.

Offline amazing_hey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2524 on: October 22, 2017, 02:45:48 PM »
The crew is finally packing everything else in the pit stop now, and I don't see Phil anymore...
It seems s late and I am heading home now. I wonder if they start the leg on the exact same place tmr...