Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790434 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2225 on: October 20, 2017, 01:17:29 PM »
I agree that it's not the woman lifeguard walking the plank. She's a bit chunky and the woman on the plank is thin. Probably the blonde skier if I had to guess.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2226 on: October 20, 2017, 01:18:40 PM »
IT doesn't really matter who it is..

THat wasn't proof the lifeguards were struggling or anyone is struggling because they got dropped once.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2227 on: October 20, 2017, 01:19:16 PM »
No matter who it is, it gives nothing away about where in the task they are. Could be first, could be last. Unless the person who was there live blabbed, no way to tell IMO.

We see one team...nothing to compare to.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2228 on: October 20, 2017, 01:21:38 PM »
THIS is interesting though and we haven't commented on it.

What's going on in the cell? Maybe other team member has to find / decipher something??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2229 on: October 20, 2017, 01:21:56 PM »
Yesterday the picture of the woman racer on the diving board was proof that the lifeguards had failed a diving challenge and finished last. Today's version of the truth is that the woman was one of the skiers. Maybe this means the skiers finished last?  :knock:

Johneesa‏ @johneesa  30m30 minutes ago
Lady in this picture is not Jessica nor from Debaters/LGs. Its the Skiers. Circled in Red & Green. Green one has pink shirt on. #TAR30 #Jody
9:53 AM - 20 Oct 2017

that person takes things we say, adds a bunch of wild speculation and states it as fact.

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2230 on: October 20, 2017, 01:22:05 PM »
I agree that it's not the woman lifeguard walking the plank. She's a bit chunky and the woman on the plank is thin. Probably the blonde skier if I had to guess.
So what can we conclude from this ? Most people were thinking that lifeguards got eliminated since they were unable to do the diving challenge. Now that is proven wrong. Who was eliminated ?
I still see Skiers and Indys together doing that roadblock, also later a picture of those two teams was taken by a local fan. So what are we sure off as of now ?

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2231 on: October 20, 2017, 01:22:13 PM »
Yesterday the picture of the woman racer on the diving board was proof that the lifeguards had failed a diving challenge and finished last. Today's version of the truth is that the woman was one of the skiers. Maybe this means the skiers finished last?  :knock:

Johneesa‏ @johneesa  30m30 minutes ago
Lady in this picture is not Jessica nor from Debaters/LGs. Its the Skiers. Circled in Red & Green. Green one has pink shirt on. #TAR30 #Jody
9:53 AM - 20 Oct 2017

When was that ever quoted as proof? They were talking about who they thought the mystery woman was and this is an explanation of who this person thinks it is.  :knock:

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2232 on: October 20, 2017, 01:23:06 PM »

THat wasn't proof the lifeguards were struggling or anyone is struggling because they got dropped once.

lifeguards would've needed to make it to Bahrain to struggle...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2233 on: October 20, 2017, 01:23:30 PM »

What's going on in the cell? Maybe other team member has to find / decipher something??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2234 on: October 20, 2017, 01:23:50 PM »

Its a hawk ... the same hawk the guy at the pitstop was holding ..

Offline Cpt.Carnage

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2235 on: October 20, 2017, 01:24:08 PM »

Uhhhhh peach that is a Birdcage. The falcon seen on the mat in the video is in there. They were talking about loosing fingers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2236 on: October 20, 2017, 01:26:38 PM »

Since we believe they were FIRST in Harare....why would you think they didn't?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2237 on: October 20, 2017, 01:27:44 PM »

Uhhhhh peach that is a Birdcage. The falcon seen on the mat in the video is in there. They were talking about loosing fingers

Oh cool! Thanks!

Another look, well damn my britches. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2238 on: October 20, 2017, 01:32:41 PM »

they made it to Dubai... I don't really know exactly what happened but from someone who's posted proof they were there, they said lifeguards didn't make it to Bahrain for some reason... and I think Phil alluded to it when jody got to the pit stop... he said something like "you're the last team here... but lifeguards didn't make it to Bahrain"

I don't know if they lost their passport, missed a flight, or what ...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2239 on: October 20, 2017, 01:38:13 PM »
Wow...that would be heartbreaking if true. My heart would not want that to happen to any teams EVER again.

Former Racers  who went thru that relive it forever.

:'( :'( :'(

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2240 on: October 20, 2017, 01:38:47 PM »

they made it to Dubai... I don't really know exactly what happened but from someone who's posted proof they were there, they said lifeguards didn't make it to Bahrain for some reason... and I think Phil alluded to it when jody got to the pit stop... he said something like "you're the last team here... but lifeguards didn't make it to Bahrain"

This roadbloack was tailor made for Lifeguards as it had a diving element to it. If what you are saying in true, then Cody & Jessica got very lucky! But you positive that it wasn't a non elimination leg ?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2241 on: October 20, 2017, 01:39:11 PM »
^ Dan, he wouldn't say "you're the last team to arrive" if they indeed weren't, but that's just FYI.
Could you confirm with Peach that the info from this source is legit, Dan? Just so everyone doesn't question it as much.

By the way, since it looks like we're in Asia (or Oceania) for the remaining legs now, I'm guessing there should be quite a lot of sightings from the future legs, so we'll likely find out who's not there, and therefore was eliminated in Bahrain, if anyone's interested in that. :tup:

By the way, even if Lifeguards missed a flight or fell way behind for some other reason... NELs are pre-determined, and if this leg was a NEL (which we don't know that it wasn't), then they would still be in it, even if hours behind.
So I wouldn't count on saying they definitely left in 5th place yet.

ETA: to DontKillMe, I don't know why you're saying that this was a diving challenge. To me it looks like the diving part was just added for the fun of it - i.e. performers have to take a dive if they're wrong with the question(s), they're not diving down to do a task underwater or something.

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2242 on: October 20, 2017, 01:43:18 PM »

This roadbloack was tailor made for Lifeguards as it had a diving element to it. If what you are saying in true, then Cody & Jessica got very lucky! But you positive that it wasn't a non elimination leg ?

It appears that the challenge has more to do with answering questions correctly than diving. I don't understand how a challenge with a diving element equates to Cody and Jessica getting lucky (and not the others who are still in the race as well).

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2243 on: October 20, 2017, 01:45:14 PM »
^ Dan, he wouldn't say "you're the last team to arrive" if they indeed weren't, but that's just FYI.
Could you confirm with Peach that the info from this source is legit, Dan? Just so everyone doesn't question it as much.

By the way, since it looks like we're in Asia (or Oceania) for the remaining legs now, I'm guessing there should be quite a lot of sightings from the future legs, so we'll likely find out who's not there, and therefore was eliminated in Bahrain, if anyone's interested in that. :tup:

By the way, even if Lifeguards missed a flight or fell way behind for some other reason... NELs are pre-determined, and if this leg was a NEL (which we don't know that it wasn't), then they would still be in it, even if hours behind.

ETA: to DontKillMe, I don't know why you're saying that this was a diving challenge. To me it looks like the diving part was just added for the fun of it - i.e. performers have to take a dive if they're wrong with the question(s), they're not diving down to do a task underwater or something.
Agreed! A confirmation with the admin would do it for all skeptics.
I think you are correct. Maybe it was more of a question/answer challenge than a diving challenge.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2244 on: October 20, 2017, 01:47:11 PM »

I could totally see him doing a fakeout thing.. Teasing them like they were going out but they weren't..

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2245 on: October 20, 2017, 01:48:16 PM »
He did that one time to Tim & Marie. "You are the last team to arrive - except for one"

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2246 on: October 20, 2017, 01:50:25 PM »
need help with something... I was pretty sure I heard Phil say at the start they would go to 5 continents, but I can't find the video of it... its important because if true it means they likely went to Australia after Bahrain.

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2247 on: October 20, 2017, 01:54:39 PM »
need help with something... I was pretty sure I heard Phil say at the start they would go to 5 continents, but I can't find the video of it... its important because if true it means they likely went to Australia after Bahrain.

Haven't found Phil saying that yet....but you can find all the Oct. 1st videos here, Dan:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,33364.0.html

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2248 on: October 20, 2017, 01:56:51 PM »
Isn't it too late for 5 continents ? With supposedly 3 legs left, crossing two continents seems unviable to me.
I think they will either cover Europe, Africa, Asia, North America OR Europe, Africa, Oceania, North America.
Thoughts ?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2249 on: October 20, 2017, 02:01:05 PM »
Spec:
The Man who took the pics and the video is apparently affiliated with the Bahrain National Stadium. Perhaps there was a task there as well?  Cricket? Football? ???

I am a cricket nerd and Peach, cricket is NOT played in Bahrain. Soccer, however, could be a real possibility!

What's that you say? ???

http://www.boc.bh/en/about-sports/cricket
RFF's Golden Rule: