Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790412 times)

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2200 on: October 20, 2017, 09:04:15 AM »
lifeguards were indeed eliminated.... final 4 is indy, jody, skiers, debaters.

i can't find any source/evidence about that in this thread, only video that saying Jody finished 4th. And no confirmation whether Bahrain was elimination or NEL

true but as I stated before there was no source given for the twins going out 6th.. None what so ever and it was true.

Often sources can't be given because people will lose their jobs among other things.
Thats such a cliche excuse used over and over. Nobody will lose his/her job. That chick from bahrain openly shared info of TAR happening. Then according to you, her job is gone ?
You can always share pic/convo by excluding the source name & face. Atleast we have something to work on rather than just "Ok this happened and simply believe me!"

Even if they did you wouldn't believe it anyway because everyone on here doubts absoutely everything..  They would just say they are lying or that it doesn't prove anything. It is nearly impossible to prove anything about the race until the next leg comes along and you can see who isn't there.
Ok. So thats the real reason! We can't even scrutinize the source info ? Nobody doubts the source. We believe you on that. What we scrutinize is the picture or conversation. Try to find out things hidden beneath the lines. But you want to take the sole role of making sense of the information I suppose! You might miss somethings that some experts here might identify.
Collaboration with agents possessing varied skill set always trumps Singular Work.

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2201 on: October 20, 2017, 09:12:43 AM »
The way I see this forum is in three parts,
one being gathering bits of info via source & providing same to the forum
two being members of the forum scrutinizing that source info provided
three being, fora members filling the missing pieces of the puzzle which the source was unable to reveal through logic & reason.

The problem i'm seeing is that some people seem to be boasting their ego by keeping source info to themselves resulting in a situation where nothing is moving forward. Its all talk, a hollow hollow talk.

Because every time anybody posts anything that they know everyone harrases them with "PROVE IT"  "I don't believe you"  etc..

But what you don't realize is it is extremely extremely hard to 100% prove something, even with pictures...  There is always going to be some doubt if you look for it.

If everyone keeps being rude to people than they just aren't going to bother giving out info and trying anymore..

Just my 2 cents.
See this forum has a lot of members. Some rookie, some average, some experts and good thing is you can easily differentiate b/w them. The member who just says " I dont believe it " without giving any valid reason is avoided by everyone cuz no one likes to interact with such a member.
But, there are experts who will extract more from the source than whats already there.
And you are always respected for trying the hardest job of finding the source in first place and getting info. Start afresh I say.

Also If I may add, you shouldn't take the burden of proving anything. You have already done the most difficult job. The way investigation proceeds is that sources are collected but the source gatherer is never burdened with proving everything, rather the experts try combining the sources received to reach for the most logical conclusion.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 09:19:23 AM by DontKillMe »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2202 on: October 20, 2017, 09:13:48 AM »

Source it Dan. Don't need names but do need accountability.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2203 on: October 20, 2017, 09:23:39 AM »

i can't find any source/evidence about that in this thread, only video that saying Jody finished 4th. And no confirmation whether Bahrain was elimination or NEL

true but as I stated before there was no source given for the twins going out 6th.. None what so ever and it was true.

Often sources can't be given because people will lose their jobs among other things.
Thats such a cliche excuse used over and over. Nobody will lose his/her job. That chick from bahrain openly shared info of TAR happening. Then according to you, her job is gone ?
You can always share pic/convo by excluding the source name & face. Atleast we have something to work on rather than just "Ok this happened and simply believe me!"

Clearly you are misinformed.

The "chick" did not work for TAR. She was a guest .

EMPLOYEES of TAR HAVE LOST THEIR JOBS.

Had we known that the photos shared yesterday were from someone approved by TAR to be there, we would not have shared them in public. But too late now as they are everywhere.

You are new here. Politeness counts. Read my SIG thanks.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2204 on: October 20, 2017, 09:29:45 AM »
Back to SPOILER DISCUSSION PLEASE>

This is NOT a thread to discuss how RFF works.

Move along. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2205 on: October 20, 2017, 09:42:11 AM »

Clearly you are misinformed.

The "chick" did not work for TAR. She was a guest .

EMPLOYEES of TAR HAVE LOST THEIR JOBS.

Had we known that the photos shared yesterday were from someone approved by TAR to be there, we would not have shared them in public. But too late now as they are everywhere.

You are new here. Politeness counts. Read my SIG thanks.

So this reasoning only applies to a source which is related to TAR production in some way or the other right? But there are many other sources that gatherers choose not to reveal giving a reason that it might harm them. No one is asking to portray the whole thing. All im saying is exclude the picture and name. Even time if its an issue.
I am new to this forum. True. But I am being polite all along. Maybe you can enlighten me where I was rude!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2206 on: October 20, 2017, 10:12:53 AM »
Back to SPOILER DISCUSSION PLEASE.

We can all learn and grow from each other. RFF has always been generous with sharing info. Our pages are open for all to read.

I appreciate the thoughtful discussion and perhaps we can discuss this once TAR has finished  running.

But not now.

THIS thread is solely for discussion of TAR Spoilers. Back on topic please.

This could be a travel day for teams, let's all do our best looking!

:tu all for playing with us!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2207 on: October 20, 2017, 10:19:07 AM »
Back to SPOILER DISCUSSION PLEASE.

We can all learn and grow from each other. RFF has always been generous with sharing info. Our pages are open for all to read.

I appreciate the thoughtful discussion and perhaps we can discuss this once TAR has finished  running.

But not now.

THIS thread is solely for discussion of TAR Spoilers. Back on topic please.

This could be a travel day for teams, let's all do our best looking!

:tu all for playing with us!

You have the patience of Job.. But moving along, do we have any good speculation on where they will be going next? Asia? Australia?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2208 on: October 20, 2017, 10:44:43 AM »
I have been passionately hoping for Nepal. October is the BEST month of the year.

But at this point time may not allow that. Flights from Bahrain aren't great unless they do charter.

Time is running out We have just had Probable LEG 9...cannot totally rule out it being Leg 10.

Teams will be home before long. Two legs max before Finale.

So lets do our best  and concentrate all our efforts on a great Finish!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2209 on: October 20, 2017, 10:47:11 AM »

You have the patience of Job..

:kuss: You should see me when I have slept more than 8 hours in 5 days lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2210 on: October 20, 2017, 10:49:34 AM »
In the Bahrain Jody mat video, Phil seemed to be hurried and his words short with comments like, it's been a long day, it's been quite a long day, alright put your bags down and then the greeter speaks. 

Couple of questions on this interaction.  Have previous years' spoilers revealed people following teams, cheering on a team at the mat and posting pictures and video?  And, would CBS have any concerns returning to the country in future races because of leaks?

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2211 on: October 20, 2017, 10:52:41 AM »
In the Bahrain Jody mat video, Phil seemed to be hurried and his words short with comments like, it's been a long day, it's been quite a long day, alright put your bags down and then the greeter speaks. 

Couple of questions on this interaction.  Have previous years' spoilers revealed people following teams, cheering on a team at the mat and posting pictures and video?  And, would CBS have any concerns returning to the country in future races because of leaks?

What does the first part of your post have to do with your questions?

How do we know there were people "following" teams? I didn't hear any team being cheered on at the mat.

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2212 on: October 20, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »

How do we know there were people "following" teams? I didn't hear any team being cheered on at the mat.

I think what he is insinuating at is that it may have been a "continue racing" leg as Phil was quick in his approach.
Peach has also mentioned earlier, that bahrain leg could be leg 10. I am unsure though, as to when such "continue legs" are conducted ?

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2213 on: October 20, 2017, 11:03:08 AM »

At the beginning of the video - someone shouts out "Go Jody".
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2214 on: October 20, 2017, 11:11:26 AM »
Looking at Flight Stats, only real options straight from Bahrain could be Thailand- haven't seen it in a few seasons, or somewhere on the Indian subcontinent

A connection in Dubai is much more likely, but they would have to be there earlier to catch some of the mid to late morning flights that head east of India

If they did catch that window, it could be anyone's guess- I saw flights to: Australia, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, China, and Japan, as well as India, Nepal, Maldives, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh

And that was just a quick leafing through :funny:

If they somehow didn't catch that, options would become much more limited- mainly the Indian Subcontinent (including Nepal)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2215 on: October 20, 2017, 11:16:44 AM »

Maybe he had a plane to catch lol.

Sometimes there is a local crowd, we had that in TAR 29.

I think this was a case of  perhaps an invited guest or business associate...and somewhere the importance of discretion was not emphasized. TAR has been much more lax about their vendors/associates signing NDA's so we have seen hotels etc posting as well. They do top notch work so cannot second guess their judgement.

But strange to me, I would think for SECURITY alone they would be concerned. We sure are, RFF tries hard to never says exactly where they will be in advance in public here, naming an exact position is too scary in today's atmosphere. Afterwards is safer.

Anyway we are probably the thorn in their shoe. We have to balance the fun of the chase with the safety of the teams and crew, and the GOOD of the show.

That is also why RFF choses to NOT POST THE FINAL 3 FINISH ORDER as well.  The SHOW is always more important than the spoilers, and while I think planes/trains/locations/tasks are all great fun to know and dissect, I am less happy with boot lists.

Our compromise is to protect the final 3 order as best we can.  If we see the final 3 racing we cannot hide the teams. But if you are hoping to find out who wins here you will be disappointed. We want zillions of viewers watching so our favorite show lives long and prospers.

The SHOW needs some support from ALL of us ...Season 11 was spoiled top to bottom with a full boot list. The actual season was an RFF dud..no suspense, no anticipation, no thrills. We have since then chosen a different path and been much happier as a whole.

Shoot, now it is me who is off topic!! :-[

We'll all sit down in the long wait till airing and figure this out.

Back to Business!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2216 on: October 20, 2017, 12:35:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is old info from an earlier race, so I'll put this here.

TeamJody ❤️ 🇺🇸 🙏🏻‏
@LibertyLove2008
https://www.instagram.com/p/BacMqcpDHLM/?hl=en&tagged=amazingrace
Is this the end of the Amazing Race? #TAR30
10:19 AM - 20 Oct 2017

Hard to believe that someone thinks TAR would put the mat out at the final location days in advance so a former production person could take selfies with it. Not sure where that was taken. Brooklyn? Dallas?

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2217 on: October 20, 2017, 12:37:40 PM »
it says #TBT on it..

TBT stands for throw back thursday.. It was a past season.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2218 on: October 20, 2017, 12:40:02 PM »
Dallas. That's the Season 26 finish line.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2219 on: October 20, 2017, 12:53:04 PM »
Yesterday the picture of the woman racer on the diving board was proof that the lifeguards had failed a diving challenge and finished last. Today's version of the truth is that the woman was one of the skiers. Maybe this means the skiers finished last?  :knock:

Johneesa‏ @johneesa  30m30 minutes ago
Lady in this picture is not Jessica nor from Debaters/LGs. Its the Skiers. Circled in Red & Green. Green one has pink shirt on. #TAR30 #Jody
9:53 AM - 20 Oct 2017

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2220 on: October 20, 2017, 01:02:53 PM »
Yesterday the picture of the woman racer on the diving board was proof that the lifeguards had failed a diving challenge and finished last. Today's version of the truth is that the woman was one of the skiers. Maybe this means the skiers finished last?  :knock:

Lady in this picture is not Jessica nor from Debaters/LGs. Its the Skiers. Circled in Red & Green. Green one has pink shirt on. #TAR30 #Jody

I just (regrettably) scrolled through his Twitter feed. It's a hodgepodge of unfounded speculation and a lot of in-fighting.

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2221 on: October 20, 2017, 01:03:49 PM »

To me, that looks like a M/F team. AND it's not Jessica on the plank....so??

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2222 on: October 20, 2017, 01:12:35 PM »

I went to that tweet and in there she replied to one person explaining her reasoning i suppose. And I think she is right on this one. I saw the clip again and the reaction from other person on ship gave it away when answer given was wrong and she had to dive again!. What are the expert's opinion ?

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2223 on: October 20, 2017, 01:14:42 PM »
That's both the skiers in the diving clip.

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2224 on: October 20, 2017, 01:16:09 PM »
To me it's pretty obvious one skier doing roadblock and another one waiting for her to finish.