Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790427 times)

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2175 on: October 19, 2017, 09:24:41 PM »
It's cool.

Two of the last three seasons have increased the count to three, which heavily suggests a trend towards more.

S27 did them at F8, F6, and F5.

S29 was F9, F7, and F6.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2176 on: October 19, 2017, 09:25:35 PM »
Usually there are 2, yes. Seasons 27 and 29 were the exceptions where they threw in a third U-Turn. 28 only had 2 (according to one team, one of them we didn't see because nobody used it)

And final 4 NELs have happened plenty of times. I kinda like them, keeps us in suspense of the final elimination for an extra week.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2177 on: October 19, 2017, 09:27:03 PM »
The last true F4 NEL was during S25, the penultimate-finale twist for that season and the following one notwithstanding.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2178 on: October 19, 2017, 09:27:59 PM »
NEL's haven't typically happened at Final 4 usually in the recent seasons, but anything is possible

I just think it would be weird for the timeline to not have at least one NEL left, whether it was Final 5 in Bahrain just now, or the next leg with Final 4

It would be very unorthodox for them to be in Bahrain with only one leg between it and the final leg

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2179 on: October 19, 2017, 09:28:19 PM »
Seasons 27 and 29 were the exceptions where they threw in a third U-Turn. 

Being so recent, that sounds like what I wrote, "a trend towards more".

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2180 on: October 19, 2017, 09:30:06 PM »
NEL's haven't typically happened at Final 4 usually in the recent seasons, but anything is possible

I just think it would be weird for the timeline to not have at least one NEL left

True, this season's looking like either F9-F6-F4 or F9-F5-F4, both unlike any previous one.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2181 on: October 19, 2017, 10:04:23 PM »
I think it will be a NEL next.  Then leg 11 will go from 4 to 3

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2182 on: October 19, 2017, 11:31:39 PM »
From this Jody check-in video, posted earlier https://mobile.twitter.com/ffsEman/status/921146655952572416/video/1

Looks like the Tree of Life is the Pit Stop? Phil must have taken that Instagram video while waiting there.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:35:31 PM by Maanca »

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2183 on: October 19, 2017, 11:50:58 PM »
I'm confused as to where the confirmation is that the Lifeguards got eliminated in 5th?

I personally haven't seen it, but I might've just missed something? ???

Then again, people were adamant that they were out in St. Tropez, soooooo

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2184 on: October 19, 2017, 11:59:59 PM »
not sure but there was no given proof the twins got eliminated in 6th but that ended up being proven true..

Clearly somebody has ties with production and can't reveal the source.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2185 on: October 20, 2017, 12:38:15 AM »
No evidence of Lifeguards being out yet. I.e., no source, it's in rumour state so far I'd say.
Regarding twins, Peach confirmed they were out.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2186 on: October 20, 2017, 12:44:58 AM »
Thanks, Alenaveda! This was from today's leg in Bahrain. I'm guessing that was where the pit stop was but you can't tell from the pictures. No real evidence there though there is at least one person next to the tree in one of the pictures. It also explains why Phil was tweeting a picture of the Tree of Life earlier.

I think the last picture shows a pitstop mat? Also just saw Phil Instagram video it seems he took it at some place around there?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2187 on: October 20, 2017, 03:00:33 AM »
Call me Captain Oblivious! I completely missed seeing the mat.  :groan:  I think that it is the mat anyway. I'm glad I thought the rest of the picture was interesting enough to post. That undoubtedly is where Phil shot his video since he filmed the Tree of Life and that is the same Tree of Life in those pictures. I was searching on Tree of Life.

It just shows how different it is in Bahrain when what would be a medium sized tree in my area has a visitor center built for it there.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #2188 on: October 20, 2017, 03:04:02 AM »
Speaking of which, does visiting Bahrain finally mean a new country for the race?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2189 on: October 20, 2017, 03:21:38 AM »
Spec:
The Man who took the pics and the video is apparently affiliated with the Bahrain National Stadium. Perhaps there was a task there as well?  Cricket? Football? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2190 on: October 20, 2017, 05:28:26 AM »
Spec:
The Man who took the pics and the video is apparently affiliated with the Bahrain National Stadium. Perhaps there was a task there as well?  Cricket? Football? ???

I am a cricket nerd and Peach, cricket is NOT played in Bahrain. Soccer, however, could be a real possibility!

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2191 on: October 20, 2017, 07:53:50 AM »
lifeguards were indeed eliminated.... final 4 is indy, jody, skiers, debaters.

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2192 on: October 20, 2017, 08:26:58 AM »

Do you have any proof for that ? Moreover it could've been a NEL or a continue racing leg! Nobody knows.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2193 on: October 20, 2017, 08:30:41 AM »

i can't find any source/evidence about that in this thread, only video that saying Jody finished 4th. And no confirmation whether Bahrain was elimination or NEL

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2194 on: October 20, 2017, 08:37:57 AM »

i can't find any source/evidence about that in this thread, only video that saying Jody finished 4th. And no confirmation whether Bahrain was elimination or NEL

true but as I stated before there was no source given for the twins going out 6th.. None what so ever and it was true.

Often sources can't be given because people will lose their jobs among other things.

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2195 on: October 20, 2017, 08:42:52 AM »

Dan, is this from  source that can't be published or is there more evidence?

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2196 on: October 20, 2017, 08:44:52 AM »

true but as I stated before there was no source given for the twins going out 6th.. None what so ever and it was true.

Often sources can't be given because people will lose their jobs among other things.
Thats such a cliche excuse used over and over. Nobody will lose his/her job. That chick from bahrain openly shared info of TAR happening. Then according to you, her job is gone ?
You can always share pic/convo by excluding the source name & face. Atleast we have something to work on rather than just "Ok this happened and simply believe me!"

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2197 on: October 20, 2017, 08:52:10 AM »

Thats such a cliche excuse used over and over. Nobody will lose his/her job. That chick from bahrain openly shared info of TAR happening. Then according to you, her job is gone ?
You can always share pic/convo by excluding the source name & face. Atleast we have something to work on rather than just "Ok this happened and simply believe me!"

Even if they did you wouldn't believe it anyway because everyone on here doubts absoutely everything..  They would just say they are lying or that it doesn't prove anything. It is nearly impossible to prove anything about the race until the next leg comes along and you can see who isn't there.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:56:40 AM by Winteriscoming »

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2198 on: October 20, 2017, 08:55:40 AM »
The way I see this forum is in three parts,
one being gathering bits of info via source & providing same to the forum
two being members of the forum scrutinizing that source info provided
three being, fora members filling the missing pieces of the puzzle which the source was unable to reveal through logic & reason.

The problem i'm seeing is that some people seem to be boasting their ego by keeping source info to themselves resulting in a situation where nothing is moving forward. Its all talk, a hollow hollow talk.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2199 on: October 20, 2017, 09:04:05 AM »
The way I see this forum is in three parts,
one being gathering bits of info via source & providing same to the forum
two being members of the forum scrutinizing that source info provided
three being, fora members filling the missing pieces of the puzzle which the source was unable to reveal through logic & reason.

The problem i'm seeing is that some people seem to be boasting their ego by keeping source info to themselves resulting in a situation where nothing is moving forward. Its all talk, a hollow hollow talk.

Because every time anybody posts anything that they know everyone harrases them with "PROVE IT"  "I don't believe you"  etc..

But what you don't realize is it is extremely extremely hard to 100% prove something, even with pictures...  There is always going to be some doubt if you look for it.

If everyone keeps being rude to people than they just aren't going to bother giving out info and trying anymore..

Just my 2 cents.