Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790362 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2075 on: October 19, 2017, 02:47:57 PM »
Peach.... wtf has happened here in my 3 year absence from the website :P

God love you sweetie. Welcome HOME!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2076 on: October 19, 2017, 02:50:39 PM »
Well, has it ever really been Phil's style to make an on-site post from somewhere he's not currently at?

Not that I can recall.....Seems MOST unusual to give us a freebie spoiler. :funny:

He has worn that hat and shirt before though...lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2077 on: October 19, 2017, 02:54:37 PM »
Do we think they've traveled and completed a leg today?

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2078 on: October 19, 2017, 02:55:15 PM »
'The Tree of Life (Shajarat-al-Hayat) in Bahrain is an approximately 400 year-old, 9.75 m (32 ft) high Prosopis cineraria tree. The tree stands on top of a 7.6 m (25 ft) high sandy tell that formed around a 500-year-old fortress. The tree is a local tourist attraction, visited by approximately 50,000 tourists every year.'

Lots of visitors to The Tree of Life and no other images found.

It is less than an hours flight from Bahrain to AbuDhabi.  It would have been easy for Phil to fly over to visit the Tree of Life in honor of Spirit Day outside of the race, film his contribution, and join up with production back in AbuDhabi.   And just as easy for the twitter user to fly over to AbuDhabi to capture an image of Jody in the airport during a connection.   The twitter image does appear like a food court lounge area in an airport.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2079 on: October 19, 2017, 02:57:34 PM »
Do we think they've traveled and completed a leg today?

Yes I think the leg was likely over hours ago.  it is currently 11 pm there lol.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2080 on: October 19, 2017, 02:59:41 PM »

It is less than an hours flight from Bahrain to AbuDhabi.  It would have been easy for Phil to fly over to visit the Tree of Life in honor of Spirit Day outside of the race, film his contribution, and join up with production back in AbuDhabi.   And just as easy for the twitter user to fly over to AbuDhabi to capture an image of Jody in the airport during a connection.   The twitter image does appear like a food court lounge area in an airport.

Not understanding...why Abu Dhabi?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2081 on: October 19, 2017, 03:05:26 PM »
I think she got Abu Dhabi and Dubai mixed up.

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2082 on: October 19, 2017, 03:05:56 PM »

you mean Dubai?

it's possible but i don't really get connection between Spirit Day and Tree of Life to fly specifically there for 30 sec instagram video

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2083 on: October 19, 2017, 03:14:26 PM »
Piper has a point, seems random that Phil would go out of his way to another country during the race, even if it is a short flight, just for that. I'm not getting the "peace" connection, either.

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2084 on: October 19, 2017, 03:15:06 PM »
Darn that spellchecker - it was really working after all.  Sorry about that mixup.

Point was if production left Zimbabwe earlier than racers, and there was a connection near Bahrain, it would be fairly easy for Phil to travel over and then meetup with production later. Same for the twitter user if she had a head's up.

Only one twitter image and Phil's video - just being cautious is all.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2085 on: October 19, 2017, 03:15:52 PM »
Well, has it ever really been Phil's style to make an on-site post from somewhere he's not currently at?

Not that I can recall.....Seems MOST unusual to give us a freebie spoiler. :funny:

He has worn that hat and shirt before though...lol.

Didn't Phil posted a pic in Season 25 in Italy? And that's how we found him  :funny:

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2086 on: October 19, 2017, 03:32:05 PM »
Darn that spellchecker - it was really working after all.  Sorry about that mixup.

Point was if production left Zimbabwe earlier than racers, and there was a connection near Bahrain, it would be fairly easy for Phil to travel over and then meetup with production later. Same for the twitter user if she had a head's up.

Only one twitter image and Phil's video - just being cautious is all.

The Tree of Life is in southern Bahrain, and the nation only has one civilian airport on the northern tip. So, travel to the tree to film a Spirit Day video would be more difficult than just a short flight.

Stunami, I believe Phil did post a photo in Sicily as well as a kasbah photo in Morocco.

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2087 on: October 19, 2017, 03:33:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/ffsEman/status/921082428529266688

She says "They are still in the top 4"

The Harare leg took 6 down to 5.

This leg took 5 down to 4.

Based on previous years (and excluding a possible "twist), isn't too early to be at final 4? What leg is this?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2088 on: October 19, 2017, 03:33:26 PM »
The girl who took a pic of jody says they made top 4 whatever that means. they also look happy

That's interesting in itself. How would she KNOW that? Did she see the leg? A racer would DEFINITELY not be able to tell a bystander that. It's a puzzle! ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2089 on: October 19, 2017, 03:35:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/ffsEman/status/921082428529266688

She says "They are still in the top 4"

The Harare leg took 6 down to 5.

This leg took 5 down to 4.

Based on previous years (and excluding a possible "twist), isn't too early to be at final 4? What leg is this?

Based on what about previous years would lead you to believe it's too early to be at F4? We're 19 days in.

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2090 on: October 19, 2017, 03:36:56 PM »
Trying to figure that out. We are at leg 8/9? Isn't usually 10-11? I may be wrong, or missing something

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2091 on: October 19, 2017, 03:37:14 PM »
She says in the TOP 4..not the FINAL 4. There is a difference. Too soon for final 4.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2092 on: October 19, 2017, 03:38:42 PM »

Well, Seasons 12 and 13 were final 4 at episode 9. But were shortened by a leg, too, they were back during the long writer's strike, it wouldn't happen again.

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2093 on: October 19, 2017, 03:39:06 PM »
That was my thinking. Just questioning claims that this was an elimination leg and took it from 5 to 4

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2094 on: October 19, 2017, 03:39:38 PM »

Based on what about previous years would lead you to believe it's too early to be at F4? We're 19 days in.

Final 4 is the last leg before the Finale. The "penultimate" leg. We are at least a couple of days from that. But it doesn't matter...from what I see she said in the TOP 4...not the FINAL 4. That's a huge difference.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2095 on: October 19, 2017, 03:40:18 PM »
She says in the TOP 4..not the FINAL 4. There is a difference. Too soon for final 4.

She replied yes to someone who asked if that photo is from today's leg. If it's too soon for F4, then the leg they just completed is NEL?

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2096 on: October 19, 2017, 03:47:19 PM »
While i agree that Top 4 doesn't mean Final 4, i am confused why people so sure it's impossible to be F4. They had F5 eliminaton in Leg 9 in TAR25, they could do it again.

Offline jodyfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2097 on: October 19, 2017, 03:53:28 PM »
Don't understand why it couldn't be top 4. They only have about 5 days left to hit 24 days. They also need time to travel, which takes a leg 1-2 days.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2098 on: October 19, 2017, 03:54:29 PM »
Technically if this leg today was leg 9 than it could be down to 4.  Leg 10 could be a NEL. Then leg 11 could go from 4-3 and then the final.  Not sure what to make of what she said though. I would take it with a grain of salt.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2099 on: October 19, 2017, 03:56:12 PM »
In an average season nowadays, they double up on 3 countries (making 9-10 countries including US). So we have France, quite possibly Zimbabwe, meaning another likely wherever they're going in Asia.