Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790344 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1850 on: October 18, 2017, 05:47:21 PM »
This season has more sources that must be kept confidential that the previous 29 seasons combined. It's very strange.

Also, if you have a source that says an M/M team just beat Jody to the mat, why can't he describe the M/M team?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1851 on: October 18, 2017, 05:47:41 PM »
What do you think?    ???

10/15 Teams arrive in Harare late afternoon, spend night in lodge
10/16 Leg 7 in Harare: Song task, NEL
10/17 Leg 8 Rural Zimbabwe: U-Turn x2
10/18 Leg 9: Onward to next destination

I have a hard time believing that there was a quick leg on the 15th due to the last visit to Zimbabwe. Teams arrived in Zimbabwe in the afternoon, but due to the KOR production most likely didn't want teams racing at night. So, teams had to spend the night at Shoestrings before continuing the race. I'm sensing similar safety precautions for TAR 30.

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1852 on: October 18, 2017, 05:47:52 PM »

we will be posting some screenshots of convo soon.

Like THAT is a good idea. Good way to expose a source to risk. :res:

Redact the names and photos before posting?

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1853 on: October 18, 2017, 05:48:44 PM »
↪️👫 ..... 👬😵..... ✈️ 🌏

what does that mean?..

That Jody and the twins were actually the last 2 teams to arrive to the pitstop.. Jody got uturned by somebody (possibly violinists as payback) and twins got last (possibly eliminated).. and Now they are on to the next leg?

Now you know that this cannot be true because JodysCrew was insisting the last few days that Jody was 2nd to the pit stop behind the twins and for heaven sakes, they could not have been wrong. :funny: They even said they had eye witnesses to verify it. Now they are posting that Twins are eliminated & Jody was u-turned. I wonder which version is the actual truth.  :groan:

thats the thing about relying on sources who are kinda clueless... you have to compile info from multiple and put things together. some only see one thing and they don't know any better... so on thinking 2nd..  we were told they were just behind a male male team and it was the first teams they saw.

the u turn info we sat on for a while.. but that was our most reliable source for reasons I don't really want to say because they could get someone in trouble. but they also came back to us with the solid info of where they were staying, how many teams, who was eliminated, the u turn and the place of jess and Cody.

you were so adamant.. they were 2nd showing your bias, to the point to where you were discrediting people who have experience analyzing shadows lol

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1854 on: October 18, 2017, 05:49:49 PM »
you were so adamant.. they were 2nd showing your bias, to the point to where you were discrediting people who have experience analyzing shadows lol
But the shadows were irrelvant? Nothing came of that.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1855 on: October 18, 2017, 05:51:00 PM »
↪️👫 ..... 👬😵..... ✈️ 🌏

what does that mean?..

That Jody and the twins were actually the last 2 teams to arrive to the pitstop.. Jody got uturned by somebody (possibly violinists as payback) and twins got last (possibly eliminated).. and Now they are on to the next leg?

Now you know that this cannot be true because JodysCrew was insisting the last few days that Jody was 2nd to the pit stop behind the twins and for heaven sakes, they could not have been wrong. :funny: They even said they had eye witnesses to verify it. Now they are posting that Twins are eliminated & Jody was u-turned. I wonder which version is the actual truth.  :groan:

thats the thing about relying on sources who are kinda clueless... you have to compile info from multiple and put things together. some only see one thing and they don't know any better... so on thinking 2nd..  we were told they were just behind a male male team and it was the first teams they saw.

the u turn info we sat on for a while.. but that was our most reliable source for reasons I don't really want to say because they could get someone in trouble. but they also came back to us with the solid info of where they were staying, how many teams, who was eliminated, the u turn and the place of jess and Cody.

Thank you for the new information, dan!
Looking forward to seeing the screenshots of the convo with your source.

See, what you said right here is what the people here at RFF have been trying to tell some of you new guys here.
We're not saying any of the information provided is false, but we just don't accept it at face value if there isn't enough proof (or if there is a scenario where the SOURCE is wrong).
Don't mean this in a rude way, but it turns out that Chateau's shadow analysis was indeed right. And I saw some very disrespectful comments about that wholeprocedure....

Like THAT is a good idea. Good way to expose a source to risk. :res:
There are ways to post conversations without revealing any private information that could be used to identify the person. ;D

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1856 on: October 18, 2017, 05:51:14 PM »
But the shadows were irrelvant? Nothing came of that.
Actually, they came to the conclusion that Lifeguards/Skiers were first to the mat before Jody, but people decided to ignore that

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1857 on: October 18, 2017, 05:53:33 PM »
They can post convos and block out names and photos. That won't burn a source

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1858 on: October 18, 2017, 05:55:15 PM »

I have a hard time believing that there was a quick leg on the 15th due to the last visit to Zimbabwe. Teams arrived in Zimbabwe in the afternoon, but due to the KOR production most likely didn't want teams racing at night. So, teams had to spend the night at Shoestrings before continuing the race. I'm sensing similar safety precautions for TAR 30.

So you are saying they were at Victoria Falls?  This lodge?  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293761-d317533-Reviews-Shoestrings_Backpackers_Lodge-Victoria_Falls_Matabeleland_North_Province.html

http://www.victoriafalls-guide.net/shoestrings.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1859 on: October 18, 2017, 05:56:31 PM »
I could also type out emojis and sell them as fact. If someone has something to back that up please share.

Teams Left this AM.

Some Production flew out last evening via Dubai.

Lifeguards first to arrive at PitStop.

Twins sadly eliminated.

Possible next locations already posted earlier today.

Assume:

Based on photo evidence Skiers second.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1860 on: October 18, 2017, 05:57:18 PM »
They can post convos and block out names and photos. That won't burn a source
Please read this post again: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,33374.msg1209763.html#msg1209763

There are 2 very clear and important conclusions:
1 then 2 Teams [Lifeguards and Skiers] on Mat Approx 1240-140
Team Jody on MAT 250-350

EDIT: well, now that you've edited your post completely, I suppose you've realized that. :lol:
This can be deleted, Peach.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:00:34 PM by Marionete »

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1861 on: October 18, 2017, 05:57:30 PM »
^ Are you going to share a source, Peach?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1862 on: October 18, 2017, 06:00:20 PM »

So you are saying they were at Victoria Falls?  This lodge?  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293761-d317533-Reviews-Shoestrings_Backpackers_Lodge-Victoria_Falls_Matabeleland_North_Province.html

Sorry for the confusion, when I referenced Shoestrings, I was referring to TAR 27 leg 4. That's what I meant by "last visit to Zimbabwe."

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1863 on: October 18, 2017, 06:04:52 PM »
Nah, my fault Xorux, I read too fast!

GeorgiaPeach where did you get that?  Cool!  If they flew to Dubai, Asia seems likely next, rather than Australia area.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1864 on: October 18, 2017, 06:07:23 PM »

Well I am just a dumb jock from small town Louisiana and I guess I was raised on proof & confirmation. When someone insists on 1 thing one day & tells a whole nother story the next, it is hard to get a good grip on whats true & whats BS. just saying

Exactly.

Which is why good detectives work hard to verify sources before posting unconfirmed "facts". It is always best to confirm things more than one way before calling them fact.

Which is why I have said a hundred times, please source your info. An eyewitness, a rumor, a news report, or an actual sighting, a friend said, someone onsite said, something to show your train of reasoning.

Then we can all work together to figure out what is really going on.

There are multiple  sources who see things from different times and perspectives. Putting that info altogether is like solving a jigsaw...what was a mystery becomes clear.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1865 on: October 18, 2017, 06:08:16 PM »
Did the twins have some sort of penalty? Wasn't there a pic of them watching Jody at the mat?

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1866 on: October 18, 2017, 06:09:06 PM »
I wonder if another team got uturned too or just Jody?

Offline yankeeshan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1867 on: October 18, 2017, 06:11:14 PM »
Did the twins have some sort of penalty? Wasn't there a pic of them watching Jody at the mat?

That is what I was wondering also. I don't think that picture is posted on here.

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1868 on: October 18, 2017, 06:11:27 PM »
Can someone repost the pic with both Jody and the Twins?

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1869 on: October 18, 2017, 06:15:30 PM »
as far as placings go, I think we'd have to say the debaters were either 1st or 5th based on the following:

lifeguards and skiers were together (either 1/2 or 2/3)
a male male team beat jody to mat by seconds (3rd and 4th)
twins were last (6)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1870 on: October 18, 2017, 06:15:59 PM »

Sorry for the confusion, when I referenced Shoestrings, I was referring to TAR 27 leg 4. That's what I meant by "last visit to Zimbabwe."

It is my understanding that there may have been no "Lodge"

Teams and Production were known to be  an intown Harare Hotel that I am not going to name right now since I am not sure what agreements they have w/production.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1871 on: October 18, 2017, 06:16:31 PM »
Isn't the guy wearing the hat one of the twins?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMWI77JUEAAgoPk.jpg

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1872 on: October 18, 2017, 06:17:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/TeamJody15/status/920292269651095552

You can see one of the twins standing there in the cap as jody walk away.

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1873 on: October 18, 2017, 06:17:51 PM »
So was it a penalty? Or is it possible that the "twins" are being mistaken for another M/M team?

Offline yankeeshan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1874 on: October 18, 2017, 06:19:49 PM »
Maybe they did have a penalty. Also, the Twin isn't wearing his backpack.