Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790363 times)

Offline KittyBoo

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1750 on: October 17, 2017, 04:17:49 PM »
So from eyewitness accounts we have Lifeguards and Skiers checking in at 1:30, then Twins, then Jody at 1:42.

Since we are going by the recollection of eyewitnesses, none of whom claim to have seen all six teams.

Proceed with caution.

No. According to our sources Jody reached at 1:42 and Lifeguards/Skiers at 2:04. These were the times at which pics were taken and NOT posted on social media.
I choose to refrain from sharing the DMs. So you have to believe our word. The sources don't want to get disclosed.

Thanks for all of you and others have done, to proactively reach out and are fortunate to have been able to connect with local eyewitnesses to give us updates! It's really appreciated!

I understand what you mentioned about sources not wanting to have their info known, or concern that they will get bombarded with questions from other excited fans. On the flip side...i also see other detectives concerned that something might be missed & analyzing the details from every angle.  :)  I hope this doesn't cause you to not want to share details in the future.   :( 

I'm wondering if a good compromise would be to share the full screenshots, details, etc with the full source info with Peach directly. This will allow her to officially authenticate the info for the group, while still protecting any sources info that don't want their name/info out there.

As what Peach says is ok is law around here...it should prevent all the back and forth and concern that something was missed.  LOL  Also...as Peach has been doing this so long and has followed the race for years through all these amazingly diverse & different counties & cultures, she may also be able to offer some advice on follow up questions on details we may not even consider, being unfamiliar with some of the native traditions or backend things that happen during the race.

Again...just a thought. I know for my part...I love the updates, but I also understand needing to be sure about the info. This method could be a win/win for everyone and would allow more details and updates to be shared and less back and forth, while keeping conversations friendly and sources protected. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1751 on: October 17, 2017, 04:39:07 PM »
Thank you Kitty.

BUT RFF is NOT Playing this game.

Others want to hide their info? Fine!

Odd than in all our years of TAR spoiling (including TWO high profile BB teams) many forums have found ways to work together and share info. The fun is in the search and the discovery, not in not helping each other.  Totally beyond me. I don't do this for some crazy notion of exclusivity. I do it for FUN.

This Season has not worked that way.

SO moving forward:

There will be NO posts here bringing INFO that do not name their source. EXCEPT if there are privacy concerns: Personal Request by the poster involved, security concerns, or Production concerns., or just unsure. All posts like that can def be discussed with me here by PM or on twitter and we will work it out and find a way to share info that does not involve risk to others..

But this is spoiler discussion not posting discussion, so back to searching please!

No more off topic please.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1752 on: October 17, 2017, 04:59:39 PM »
Just read through the last 7 pages or so here.  GeorgiaPeach, I really hope I am not going off topic here at all, just trying to put together events discussed so far.  If I do, apologies and delete this, it's tricky navigating what is true and what isn't.

Stuff that jumped out at me.

A second leg here wouldn't surprise me, since as I said before, going to southern Africa and only racing in a downtown area of what looks like any big city in the world just strikes me as odd for TAR.  IF they are still there though, it could just be for flights or a rest stop?  Alternately, I could see them "racing" at night if it was an indoor or protected location, like a museum or even the race track there.

What is with so many posters here saying "we" (and definitely not meaning RFF) and I only ask this because the TeamJody15 account is suddenly protected after providing great photos all season, even if their conclusions haven't been accurate, they come up with great sightings, and now we can't see them?

HOW did they "perform a song" and all arrive nearly together at the mat?  This one really confuses me, since that kind of task tend to be "taking a turn" usually while practicing off the stage with local teachers.  From the google map link I found, that stage seems to be in the North West corner of the park, so they would have to navigate THROUGH the park as well as about 3/4 city blocks to find Phil.  BTW I agree that Phil was in front of the Econet Store for shadow searchers, but if they all came in together, seems pretty useless. 

My guess there is a possible second task, a short one, in the park, not sure if task is the right word.  What I mean is something like that sculpture garden outside the museum in the North East section of the park.  Finding a certain statue with a cryptic clue that would lead them back to First Street and Phil, and could allow teams to arrive close together, as we've seen from photos taken there.

As far as the flights, heading to Australia or New Zealand, then a hop to Asia also makes sense to me.  I really don't think they will skip Asia entirely. 

I remember at least one other another season when a leg was completely left out of the show, so I'm not going completely by "leg" numbers.  That information came from racers after the show was over.   It might have been the grandfather/grandson team.  ?  The grandson wrote the most extensive blogs about what really happens on the race I've seen, so I believed him.

SO odd we still don't know who the 6th team racing is!

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1753 on: October 17, 2017, 05:14:51 PM »
Nobody was hiding info. The problem is that sources are being hounded by tons of people. Some TAR fans, some Jody fans.

I understand why they don't want to reveal everyone's name because it freaks people out and then you lose the source.....

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #1754 on: October 17, 2017, 05:36:01 PM »
Right, this may seems CRAZY to some people but makes sense to me:

What if there were 2 legs in and around Prague and 2 legs in Zimbabwe?

This would make what they are departing today Leg NINE!

October 15, Prague to Zurich flight then to Zimbabwe. There is our first Zimbabwe leg. The 'shadow' leg is then our second leg.

As for Prague, we think it was an extended Pit Stop right? What if it was another leg in a small town?

What do we think?

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1755 on: October 17, 2017, 05:40:14 PM »
I just want to know who the mystery team is,!!!

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1756 on: October 17, 2017, 05:46:33 PM »

October 15, Prague to Zurich flight then to Zimbabwe. There is our first Zimbabwe leg. The 'shadow' leg is then our second leg.

As for Prague, we think it was an extended Pit Stop right? What if it was another leg in a small town?

What do we think?

I still wonder if the delay in Prague was just because of the unrest in Harare that day.  Water Canons on street vendors, and they obviously planned to race in the city.  ?  They could have been being cautious and waiting to make sure things calmed down.  ?

I feel like they almost had to do, or will do, something else in Africa.  All the way to Africa to sing and run around a big city?  Do we know what time (local time) their plane arrived in Harare?  Or if it was a straight transfer from Johannesburg? 

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1757 on: October 17, 2017, 05:52:17 PM »

What do we think?

The upcoming leg as 9 or the one that just passed? I think the leg we maybe could’ve missed would’ve been a keep on racing that makes sense

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1758 on: October 17, 2017, 05:55:01 PM »
Nobody was hiding info. The problem is that sources are being hounded by tons of people. Some TAR fans, some Jody fans.

I understand why they don't want to reveal everyone's name because it freaks people out and then you lose the source.....
And that is always fine. Protecting sources is always good. I would be freaked out too if 100 JODY fans cam screaming at me, that's why we tend to let one person do the asking.

But that is info that could be shared privatey w/me and then we could accept the info and help take the search down other avenues.

But please guys, we are NOT continuing this discussion in the TAR threads.

Move on, okay?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1759 on: October 17, 2017, 05:58:03 PM »

What do we think?

I still wonder if the delay in Prague was just because of the unrest in Harare that day.  Water Canons on street vendors, and they obviously planned to race in the city.  ?  They could have been being cautious and waiting to make sure things calmed down.  ?

I feel like they almost had to do, or will do, something else in Africa.  All the way to Africa to sing and run around a big city?  Do we know what time (local time) their plane arrived in Harare?  Or if it was a straight transfer from Johannesburg? 

All the flight info has been posted. The unrest could have caused a delay, or perhaps they were misguidedly trying to clean up before TAR arrived, we don't know.

Will be interested to see what happens next!
We NEVER have a 100% of every leg spoiled. Leaving some things unspoiled keeps it fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1760 on: October 17, 2017, 05:59:53 PM »

What do we think?

What do we think?
Prague: I think a second short leg, but maybe not.

Zimb: we don't know yet.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1761 on: October 17, 2017, 06:00:52 PM »

What do we think?

The upcoming leg as 9 or the one that just passed? I think the leg we maybe could’ve missed would’ve been a keep on racing that makes sense

In Prague?  we saw the MAT+ Greeter right?? , so unlikely.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1762 on: October 17, 2017, 06:15:14 PM »

What do we think?

In Prague?  we saw the MAT+ Greeter right?? , so unlikely.
Zim is the only possibility then, if at all there's a missing leg. Maybe it happened at outskirts of city (maybe a village like TAR20 Tanzania Leg) cuz going all the way to a south african nation just to shoot one leg and that too around a city seems very absurd.

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1763 on: October 17, 2017, 06:35:18 PM »
So we never got the flight from Zurich to Harara or Johannesburg, or I've just missed it?  It's not in the timeline thread that I can see.  Sorry if I'm being blind here.

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1764 on: October 17, 2017, 06:38:32 PM »
So we never got the flight from Zurich to Harara or Johannesburg, or I've just missed it?  It's not in the timeline thread that I can see.  Sorry if I'm being blind here.
Zurich to Johannesburg they arrived at around 8 am. Johannesburg to Harare was flight SAA

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1765 on: October 17, 2017, 06:39:28 PM »
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,33367.msg1209480.html#msg1209480

If this is the actual flight, it would be really strange if they only raced on the 16th.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1766 on: October 17, 2017, 06:54:38 PM »
On one of the first sightings at the Harare airport on Facebook, one of the replies mentioned a Lodge and a 4x4 adventure. I'm thinking they may be doing a second Zimbabwe leg out at a remote lodge interacting with elephants and hyenas and stuff like that. The one problem with this is that time in the normal 21 days is running short. A second leg in the bush probably requires an earlier missing leg in Czechia.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1767 on: October 17, 2017, 06:55:58 PM »
ALL good^^

Just read through the last 7 pages or so here.  GeorgiaPeach, I really hope I am not going off topic here at all, just trying to put together events discussed so far.  If I do, apologies and delete this, it's tricky navigating what is true and what isn't.

Stuff that jumped out at me.

A second leg here wouldn't surprise me, since as I said before, going to southern Africa and only racing in a downtown area of what looks like any big city in the world just strikes me as odd for TAR.  IF they are still there though, it could just be for flights or a rest stop?  Alternately, I could see them "racing" at night if it was an indoor or protected location, like a museum or even the race track there.

What is with so many posters here saying "we" (and definitely not meaning RFF) and I only ask this because the TeamJody15 account is suddenly protected after providing great photos all season, even if their conclusions haven't been accurate, they come up with great sightings, and now we can't see them?

HOW did they "perform a song" and all arrive nearly together at the mat?  This one really confuses me, since that kind of task tend to be "taking a turn" usually while practicing off the stage with local teachers.  From the google map link I found, that stage seems to be in the North West corner of the park, so they would have to navigate THROUGH the park as well as about 3/4 city blocks to find Phil.  BTW I agree that Phil was in front of the Econet Store for shadow searchers, but if they all came in together, seems pretty useless. 

My guess there is a possible second task, a short one, in the park, not sure if task is the right word.  What I mean is something like that sculpture garden outside the museum in the North East section of the park.  Finding a certain statue with a cryptic clue that would lead them back to First Street and Phil, and could allow teams to arrive close together, as we've seen from photos taken there.

As far as the flights, heading to Australia or New Zealand, then a hop to Asia also makes sense to me.  I really don't think they will skip Asia entirely. 

I remember at least one other another season when a leg was completely left out of the show, so I'm not going completely by "leg" numbers.  That information came from racers after the show was over.   It might have been the grandfather/grandson team.  ?  The grandson wrote the most extensive blogs about what really happens on the race I've seen, so I believed him.

SO odd we still don't know who the 6th team racing is!

You are all good!

I think the song was a Detour. So one of two choices. The photo of that law building looks like a made to order rappelling site to me! (guess get a clue or RB maybe??)

Don't understand the delay in Prague either UNLESS the Harare city clean up was a problem. Or perhaps there was no delay and we missed a second leg in Cz,  Will be fun to see!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #1768 on: October 17, 2017, 07:02:51 PM »
On one of the first sightings at the Harare airport on Facebook, one of the replies mentioned a Lodge and a 4x4 adventure. I'm thinking they may be doing a second Zimbabwe leg out at a remote lodge interacting with elephants and hyenas and stuff like that. The one problem with this is that time in the normal 21 days is running short. A second leg in the bush probably requires an earlier missing leg in Czechia.

That FB mention made me wonder of a possible lodge/4x4 just outside of the city, but I thought the tourist roadblocks might pose a problem.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1769 on: October 17, 2017, 07:03:29 PM »
Apparently there's flights from South Africa straight over to Australia. That would be an interesting shakeup in the standard route pattern. But, expecting somewhere in Asia to be more likely next.

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1770 on: October 17, 2017, 07:10:30 PM »

That FB mention made me wonder of a possible lodge/4x4 just outside of the city, but I thought the tourist roadblocks might pose a problem.

He mentioned that they were filming the adventure at lodge. So we have to assume that something was up. Also he wasn't allowed to share which lodge! So he must have been part of the local crew there. I tried contacting him but got no response. We can't and should not eliminate a possibility of a leg there. 

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1771 on: October 17, 2017, 07:11:10 PM »
The 21 Days thing is actually not common. Seasons will often go to 23-24 days

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1772 on: October 17, 2017, 07:14:20 PM »
Apparently there's flights from South Africa straight over to Australia. That would be an interesting shakeup in the standard route pattern. But, expecting somewhere in Asia to be more likely next.
An oceanian nation was last visited 8 years back! But hey its the 30th season. They might as well throw in one this time round thereby making it special & memorable.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1773 on: October 17, 2017, 07:34:15 PM »
He mentioned that they were filming the adventure at lodge. So we have to assume that something was up. Also he wasn't allowed to share which lodge! So he must have been part of the local crew there. I tried contacting him but got no response. We can't and should not eliminate a possibility of a leg there. 
They arrived late afternoon in Harare. Perhaps there was an Hours of Operation at the lodge, and they did the adventure early the next morning, then finished the leg in town that afternoon.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #1774 on: October 17, 2017, 07:35:42 PM »
They arrived late afternoon in Harare. Perhaps there was an Hours of Operation at the lodge, and they did the adventure early the next morning, then finished the leg in town that afternoon.

You are probably right, Chill. See my post at the Transportation thread.