Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790346 times)

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1675 on: October 17, 2017, 11:27:06 AM »
I'm very curious to see what the shadow genius comes up with! Hopefully we can base some placements off of that because I am not convinced by that conversation. It seems she was assuming

Offline jdessy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1676 on: October 17, 2017, 11:32:05 AM »
And I thought the skiers were 1:30 so how does that add up?

According to a reply underneath that tweet. she also claims that the Skiers/Lifeguards checked in at 2:04/the picture was taken at 2:04.

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1677 on: October 17, 2017, 11:33:48 AM »
About the screenshots of the convo.....

He randomly told you that a local was on crutches? I’m finding this a little odd. Is this the “shocking” news that couldn’t be told?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:38:28 AM by AmazingRaceFanatic3 »

Offline Flyergal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1678 on: October 17, 2017, 11:36:10 AM »
I think some of the confusion/concern may be that it doesn’t show in the conversation with the lad if she was there from the very beginning or not. If she was In the beginning then what she says would mean twins 1st then Cody/Jess 2nd.   But if she wasn’t then there is a chance that other teams could have been through before she started watching. Maybe she made it clear in conversations that she was there very early. There’s a lot to read and I may have missed that somewhere. I’m not saying she is wrong just that it could be why there is some skepticism happening

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1679 on: October 17, 2017, 11:38:16 AM »
We know that Debaters are still in the race, but a local who posted to Facebook saying he witnessed the filming said he saw them. He doesn't know what place they were in, said he saw them some time between 1 - 2 o' clock (huge window). He also said it was one of the hottest days there, so I wouldn't count on the ice cream have any significant role in the race.

He randomly told you that a local was in crutches? I’m finding this a little odd. Is this the “shocking” news that couldn’t be told?

Yup, he randomly told me that a local was in crutches. I don't know. I wasn't the user who posted about upcoming "shocking" news.

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1680 on: October 17, 2017, 11:38:56 AM »
Gotcha. Okay

Offline sawyer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1681 on: October 17, 2017, 11:51:24 AM »
I can see her twitter and she never offers any confirmation or credits anyone for pics & information. She is one of the leaders of the Jody army and thats fine. But I can't put faith in someone that throws out a statement with no confirmation. I will wait on the RFF shadow expert. 
Picture of #Jody was taken at 1:42 pm yesterday #Tar30 #AmazingRace

https://twitter.com/TeamJody15/status/920323877900873728

her twitter feed is protected

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1682 on: October 17, 2017, 11:53:17 AM »
I realize the excitement of finding what could be positive info on your favorite team. But reading this forum for years has taught me never to assume, even 1%!

Waiting patiently on the shadow expert!

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1683 on: October 17, 2017, 11:55:20 AM »
Who's to say that the shadow analysis will be correct?

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1684 on: October 17, 2017, 11:57:17 AM »
I can see her twitter and she never offers any confirmation or credits anyone for pics & information. She is one of the leaders of the Jody army and thats fine. But I can't put faith in someone that throws out a statement with no confirmation. I will wait on the RFF shadow expert. 

Seems like I too made a mistake sharing those DMs as people are just being negative & hateful towards us. Believing at first hand info from a local seems more valuable than speculation on sun-shade theory! Anyways, Lets cut this negativity and work together. Both camps want peace i suppose.

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1685 on: October 17, 2017, 12:00:30 PM »
I would trust the Jody fan account because they have talked to the sources first hand. They know the exact times those pit stop pics were shot.

They don't always share source names because then their sources will be overloaded with questions from TAR fans.

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1686 on: October 17, 2017, 12:02:05 PM »
You didn’t make a mistake! That was great she gave you info. I think people are just trying to stress we can not make huge assumptions off of some little facts. Don’t let it get you down or think people are upset. It’s a piece of the puzzle we have to put together and it’s appreciated

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1687 on: October 17, 2017, 12:04:06 PM »
Who's to say that the shadow analysis will be correct?
Shadows are science.  A scientist can tell you where the sun is located at any specific time at any specific location on Earth. Buildings also don't move. So a building acts like a sundial, if you know how to read it.

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1688 on: October 17, 2017, 12:05:15 PM »
But photo quality can hinder that process.

The Jody fan knows exactly when the photos were taken. I will take that as a better indicator than shadow software.

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1689 on: October 17, 2017, 12:07:28 PM »
But photo quality can hinder that process.

The Jody fan knows exactly when the photos were taken. I will take that as a better indicator than shadow software.

Actually I rather have a scientific definitive answer than what someone maybe can recall but that’s just me

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1690 on: October 17, 2017, 12:08:18 PM »

Seems like I too made a mistake sharing those DMs as people are just being negative & hateful towards us. Believing at first hand info from a local seems more valuable than speculation on sun-shade theory! Anyways, Lets cut this negativity and work together. Both camps want peace i suppose.

There is no mistake and please, no negativity. The information is great and much appreciated, just taking things with a objective eye and with a grain of salt.  Reading here for years has shown me not to take things at face value easily.  Its great to have pieces of the puzzle. Thats the fun of it.

Offline G~Ann

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1691 on: October 17, 2017, 12:09:37 PM »
When it comes to shadows are they longer when the sun is rising and setting? If so the cloudy picture of Jody walking away from the pit stop shows little shadow under they body. Now if you look a the pic with Skiers and lifeguards you can see people in the background with longer shadows. Not sure if that helps or not.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:15:36 PM by G~Ann »
Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son's eyes and realize I've already created one.

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1692 on: October 17, 2017, 12:09:52 PM »
They're judging the shadows based on the photos. There would have to be some room for error in that.

The Jody fan was plainly told by sources when the pictures were taken. It's easy to see when a picture is taken. The source doesn't have to recollect anything. That sounds like solid evidence to me.

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1693 on: October 17, 2017, 12:11:16 PM »
They're judging the shadows based on the photos. There would have to be some room for error in that.

The Jody fan was plainly told by sources when the pictures were taken. It's easy to see when a picture is taken. The source doesn't have to recollect anything. That sounds like solid evidence to me.

To each his own

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1694 on: October 17, 2017, 12:12:30 PM »
Thank you for sharing bluesoul, that helps!

again guys, this is NOT a discussion of other forums and what they do. Please get back ON TOPIC.

WE are here to work together.

:ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1695 on: October 17, 2017, 12:13:06 PM »
So we can't share information that Jody fans find here? I'm very confused.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1696 on: October 17, 2017, 12:15:53 PM »
So from eyewitness accounts we have Lifeguards and Skiers checking in at 1:30, then Twins, then Jody at 1:42.

Since we are going by the recollection of eyewitnesses, none of whom claim to have seen all six teams.

Proceed with caution.

Offline sawyer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1697 on: October 17, 2017, 12:16:18 PM »

I never meant my post to be negative or hateful. RFF has always worked on confirmed information & Jody Camp does not. To each his own. This TAR fan likes to know that information given is legit and not something that is just being posted.  :groan:

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1698 on: October 17, 2017, 12:16:36 PM »
Did no one notice that the guy said they did retakes--because of the sun.  Now you can all speculate as to if the photos were taken during take one or two.  :groan:
Always have an attitude of gratitude. :)

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1699 on: October 17, 2017, 12:17:46 PM »
Did no one notice that the guy said they did retakes--because of the sun.  Now you can all speculate as to if the photos were taken during take one or two.  :groan:

Would only be a minute or two time difference of filming the run to mat