Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790406 times)

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1550 on: October 16, 2017, 08:26:06 PM »
There is a lot more sun glare (like evening or early morning) in the Jody picture, Less glare in the skiiers/ lifeguards pic, like closer to noon, but I have been wrong before and shall be again.

Offline dogshout

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1551 on: October 16, 2017, 08:28:48 PM »
Just a thought. Maybe the thing that cannot be disclosed now is the twist Phil mentioned at the start. Something about fear of heights will cause a team not to be able to reach the finish line! Anxious to see what is “breaking news” that can only be disclosed tomorrow morning!

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1552 on: October 16, 2017, 08:32:31 PM »
Just like it was known there were only 8 teams in Morocco, even though there were 9?

Just like it was known Jody won the Express Pass on Leg 1, despite no known evidence?

Just like it’s been known that Jody has been at the front of the pack all season, despite little to no concrete evidence showing this?

I’m sorry, but I’m gonna be skeptical of stated “info” if it’s not backed up with evidence

So far, the unsupported “facts,” have had a poor track record of actually being accurate

But sure, we’re in the dark, and only a select few have supreme knowledge of what’s going on  :res:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:51:04 PM by DavidJunior »

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1553 on: October 16, 2017, 08:32:54 PM »
So we have a pic of the lifeguards (only) with Phil.  We also have a pic of the lifeguards and the skiers with Phil, with the lifeguards eating ice cream.  Has Phil ever invited a checked-in team to stand with the next team that arrives, when there were still teams to arrive ?

Would the lifeguards finish their mat interview and then go off for ice cream or would the ice cream be brought to them while still on the mat, and the next team (skiers) arrive on the mat ?  Or did the skiers mention to Phil how close they are (or working) with the lifeguards and Phil then invited the lifeguards (standing nearby) to join the skiers on the mat ?

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1554 on: October 16, 2017, 08:35:34 PM »
Well when a team has a penalty (for either missing a clue or not finishing a task) they have to stick around and wait until the time elapses for them to check in..

NOt saying that happened but that is a reason for teams to stick around at the pitstop for a while.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1555 on: October 16, 2017, 08:38:58 PM »
I'm thinking the ice cream is given to the teams at the pit stop for them to enjoy while interviewing at the mat

Teams have checked in while another team was standing on the mat in the past

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1556 on: October 16, 2017, 08:41:42 PM »
Just like it was known Jody won the Express Pass on Leg 1, despite it not featuring the last two seasons?
The last two seasons featured an Express Pass.

So we have a pic of the lifeguards (only) with Phil.  We also have a pic of the lifeguards and the skiers with Phil, with the lifeguards eating ice cream.  Has Phil ever invited a checked-in team to stand with the next team that arrives, when there were still teams to arrive ?

Would the lifeguards finish their mat interview and then go off for ice cream or would the ice cream be brought to them while still on the mat, and the next team (skiers) arrive on the mat ?  Or did the skiers mention to Phil how close they are (or working) with the lifeguards and Phil then invited the lifeguards (standing nearby) to join the skiers on the mat ?
The lifeguards were probably still chatting with Phil when the skiers arrived. Teams are not instructed to leave the mat and then come back. Not once that I remember.
The ice cream was probably just offered to teams after checking in.

Pure spec, but I am inclined to think the skiers were not last. Unless we have a very tight footrace, the last team is usually allowed to check in alone.

Well when a team has a penalty (for either missing a clue or not finishing a task) they have to stick around and wait until the time elapses for them to check in..

NOt saying that happened but that is a reason for teams to stick around at the pitstop for a while.
Teams do not stand at the mat with Phil while waiting out penalties, though.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #1557 on: October 16, 2017, 08:44:13 PM »
There is a lot more sun glare (like evening or early morning) in the Jody picture, Less glare in the skiiers/ lifeguards pic, like closer to noon, but I have been wrong before and shall be again.

It could be a bad picture, but I thought it looked more like atmospheric haze from severe heat. For sure the shadow is longer - from the building and little or no dappled shade from leaves. It could still mean before or after. UGH.

Offline sawyer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1558 on: October 16, 2017, 08:47:20 PM »
Ive been reading this forum for years, always impressed with the detective abilities and how information is found. Ive also always been impressed on how everyone works together to try and figure things out.  I have to say Im a bit perplexed at this sudden secrecy and need to be so cryptic.

This has always been collaborative. No one "hid" anything or needed to withhold info. It was a group of people working together. What is the sudden need for secrecy. Not just secrecy, but the need to tell people you know something that others don't? Seems off to me and not what , I thought, this board was about.

Anyway, its the first time that I was prompted to post. But if I dont post again, thank you all for years of fun following your investigative work.  Its always made TAR that much more fun for me.

I too have been here & reading since 2009 & was always able to enjoy all your hard word work and looked forward to the airing of the show. Never once have I posted so today is my first and most likely my last. This year is so different. Big Brother fans are only concerned with Jody and are very pushy in case you have not noticed. Even the detectives on the board this season seem to enjoy in the "I know something you don't know". Oh well. Thanks for all the years past & maybe next season it will get back to normal.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:52:19 PM by sawyer »

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1559 on: October 16, 2017, 08:57:08 PM »
Just like it was known Jody won the Express Pass on Leg 1, despite it not featuring the last two seasons?
The last two seasons featured an Express Pass.

Sorry, was typing fast

They weren’t featured in the typical leg 1 prize way, just simplified my original post

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1560 on: October 16, 2017, 09:03:18 PM »
Looking at the Harare photo background details and comparing to a map... the Topics store is NNW of the mat and the Batanai Gardens building is South of Phil.

This supports that Phil would be standing on First St., facing North at the mat and the racers facing south.  The sun only rises and sets in one direction.  More shade would then be earlier in the day.

Anyway, that's my speculation and method of logic. 

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 11:11:29 AM by Piper »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1561 on: October 16, 2017, 09:04:46 PM »
Looking at the Harare photo background details and comparing to a map... the Topics store is NNW of the mat and the Batanai Gardens building is South of Phil.

This supports that Phil would be standing on First St., facing North at the mat and the racers facing south.  The sun only rises and sets in one direction.  More shade would then be earlier in the day.

Welcome to RFF!
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1562 on: October 16, 2017, 09:07:23 PM »
the sun and shadow theory isn't reliable at all especially with things such as clouds in the sky

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1563 on: October 16, 2017, 09:24:06 PM »

I posted the google earth map earlier.  I think Phil had his back to Econet House, so he would be facing slightly Northwest, we see the street in front of him.  The park is about 3-4 blocks northwest of Econet House, and I think the bandstand thing is in the Northwest corner of that park.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/TOPICS/@-17.8303927,31.0496796,306m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!2m7!3m6!1sTOPICS!2sHarare,+Zimbabwe!3s0x1931a4ee1bdddb35:0xa5143b9be5134f2f!4m2!1d31.03351!2d-17.8251657

eta, checked another photo and in that one he does seem to be facing north, in the shadow of the building to his right (east)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:28:49 PM by Seastars »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1564 on: October 16, 2017, 09:24:19 PM »
Ive been reading this forum for years, always impressed with the detective abilities and how information is found. Ive also always been impressed on how everyone works together to try and figure things out.  I have to say Im a bit perplexed at this sudden secrecy and need to be so cryptic.

This has always been collaborative. No one "hid" anything or needed to withhold info. It was a group of people working together. What is the sudden need for secrecy. Not just secrecy, but the need to tell people you know something that others don't? Seems off to me and not what , I thought, this board was about.

Anyway, its the first time that I was prompted to post. But if I dont post again, thank you all for years of fun following your investigative work.  Its always made TAR that much more fun for me.

I too have been here & reading since 2009 & was always able to enjoy all your hard word work and looked forward to the airing of the show. Never once have I posted so today is my first and most likely my last. This year is so different. Big Brother fans are only concerned with Jody and are very pushy in case you have not noticed. Even the detectives on the board this season seem to enjoy in the "I know something you don't know". Oh well. Thanks for all the years past & maybe next season it will get back to normal.

I'm willing to cut Dan a little slack. There have been occasions in the past where information has been held back for a day or two. I've done it. Usually it involved information about the next leg or from a sensitive source. I just kept my mouth shut until the time was right or maybe just gave a very vague hint. I didn't go to the "I've got a big secret" route but different styles for different people. I can wait until tomorrow. I am a bit surprised as so far as I haven't seen this level of restraint from the Jody fans.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1565 on: October 16, 2017, 09:38:55 PM »
Not sure if this is anything worth mentioning, so please delete if it doesn't belong.
That said, one of the frequent Twitter sources is back online so maybe there will be some confirmed news soon.  Not trying to tease anyone just trying to provide some info that better detective than I might be able to use!

Also, what exactly IS the policy about giving out Twitter handles that people looking for info may want to follow? Thanks! Sorry for being such a newbie pain!!!!

I've always just copied and pasted any relevant tweets into the Live Sightings thread (or here). Be sure to include their twitter ID and the date and time it was posted. Don't feel bad about asking questions. We have our own little culture and ways of doing things. It's appreciated that you want to do things right. I still make mistakes about posting at times, so don't feel too bad about mistakes. Oh, Facebook sightings should probably be sent to Georgiapeach first. Rules are a little different for Facebook.

The only thing that has given me some concern this season is that any tweet that gets posted soon gets 10 or more tweets to the person demanding information about Jody and I expect that has turned off some witnesses. Really, if 1 or 2 people have asked, then there's no need for others to do so.

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1566 on: October 16, 2017, 09:40:01 PM »

I posted the google earth map earlier.  I think Phil had his back to Econet House, so he would be facing slightly Northwest, we see the street in front of him.  The park is about 3-4 blocks northwest of Econet House, and I think the bandstand thing is in the Northwest corner of that park.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/TOPICS/@-17.8303927,31.0496796,306m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!2m7!3m6!1sTOPICS!2sHarare,+Zimbabwe!3s0x1931a4ee1bdddb35:0xa5143b9be5134f2f!4m2!1d31.03351!2d-17.8251657

eta, checked another photo and in that one he does seem to be facing north, in the shadow of the building to his right (east)

Thanks for thinking of the map - I used a car ride map to help locate the stores in the photos.  First street is not truly set as north - south. 

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:59:08 PM by Piper »

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1567 on: October 16, 2017, 09:43:40 PM »
I give the Jody team props for  finding and tweeting many of the spoilers we've had this season, but they almost never credit the source of the original photo or it's the tweet of a friend who has a friend.  It's great that they are finding so much, but I do wish they would credit the person.

Yeah, I saw that first street is slightly North West, which is why I said "ish" in the original post.  I give up at sun paths though!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1568 on: October 16, 2017, 09:47:13 PM »

I'm willing to cut Dan a little slack. There have been occasions in the past where information has been held back for a day or two. I've done it. Usually it involved information about the next leg or from a sensitive source. I just kept my mouth shut until the time was right or maybe just gave a very vague hint. I didn't go to the "I've got a big secret" route but different styles for different people. I can wait until tomorrow. I am a bit surprised as so far as I haven't seen this level of restraint from the Jody fans.

Jumping into this because I'm probably one of the referred "Even the detectives on the board this season seem to enjoy in the "I know something you don't know"", as I was the one who the previous day knew that teams were going to race on Saint Tropez. As Plaidmoon explained, it was one of those ocasions where info must be kept in the dark due to involve production crew - what is a strict policy on the forum as it happened before that crew had lost their jobs for revealing info about the race not matter if it was on purpose or not - and all I could do was giving a hint about the posibility of the teams going to that area. So in no way I was playing that card. In fact, if Dan source is somehow related to production I'm the first one supporting the decision of not posting anything about it until reaching the proper time to do it.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1569 on: October 16, 2017, 09:48:57 PM »
If this "intel" has anything to do with the next destination (just my guess), yes, don't want to know until then. Would rather not risk another cool undervisited place being subsitituted with the umpteenth visit to China :lol:

Another reason to not to release destinations early: I did that once many seasons back a couple of days ahead of time and heard later that the people hired locally were interrogated and had to sign additional nondisclosure forms. I hope none of them got fired. I'd be sick about that.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1570 on: October 16, 2017, 09:55:34 PM »
Someone here (Walkingpneumonia?) has some good software that can look at the location, the sun angles and the shadows and determine when a picture has been taken in a 10-15 minute window. I imagine he's been busy but hopefully he can analyze some of these pictures eventually. It really clears up a lot of mysteries.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1571 on: October 16, 2017, 09:56:21 PM »
don't know anything about the next leg yet... but I was looking at flights out of johannesbirg tomorrow and only 3 possible locations that seem to make sense...

Dubai at 1030
hong kong at 1230
singapore at 145

I think Hong Kong or Singapore may be more likely

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1572 on: October 16, 2017, 09:59:41 PM »
The only thing that has given me some concern this season is that any tweet that gets posted soon gets 10 or more tweets to the person demanding information about Jody and I expect that has turned off some witnesses. Really, if 1 or 2 people have asked, then there's no need for others to do so.
This is my concern. So if I find news on Twitter, how do I report it AND give credit without risking the source getting swamped with follow up questions? Help?!?

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1573 on: October 16, 2017, 10:01:01 PM »
I certainly understand and applaud restraint if it would get someone in trouble, production or local.

If it's about something that many people could easily know though?  Like who was racing, a task, or who won or was eliminated?  Then I don't understand.  There are too many witnesses at the mat and at many tasks, the information could come from anyone, not just the 'source.'

"I was told by someone I trust that the Humbugs were first" or "Happenstanders were eliminated."  Lots of witnesses at many tasks, in airports, and at the finish line of many legs, including this one.

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1574 on: October 16, 2017, 10:01:35 PM »
I completely understand needing to keep information quiet. I actually would expect it. It might just be my misperceptions but it was just starting to feel like a competition about who knows more than another. Of course information must be kept Under wraps at time , but it just felt a bit different than previous years. 

Investigate on detectives, I look forward to more discoveries.