Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 794933 times)

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1525 on: October 16, 2017, 06:41:44 PM »
Just hope Jody wasn't wearing their camo stuff. As somebody pointed out yesterday, it's actually illegal there.

I'm pretty sure production would have given them the heads up.  Last thing production wants to do is cause friction with the local authorities.  Plus the teams are an asset, so it would make sense that production would take the necessary steps to protect their assets.  Imagine th PR nightmare if a team ran afoul of local authorities and ended up in the glue because production didn't tell them that it was illegal to wear camo.
Completely agree. Can't imagine production not making sure all local rules are told to, and understood by, all members of all teams.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1526 on: October 16, 2017, 06:46:58 PM »
I've found a video--here--from Harare Gardens which seems to match the stage video; the pavement matches and the bamboo (I think it's bamboo) is also there.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1527 on: October 16, 2017, 06:49:02 PM »
I'm just amused that we will see CODY having to sing and dance on stage  :funny:

Offline Bonnie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1528 on: October 16, 2017, 06:50:35 PM »
Ok I’m more convinced now.

Solar noon is at 11:41 am there. Sunset at 5:26 pm.
We don’t know time on Jody pic.
Pic of skiers/lifeguards was af about 1:30pm there time.

Much more noticeable sun and less shade on Jody pic. The time of the lifeguards pic means the sun would’ve shifted about 30 to 40 degrees and that’s why we see so much more shade.

Don't know your meteorological abilities, but I hope they're right!!

My best guess is Jody got there an hour or more before the skiers and lifeguards.

Offline Flyergal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1529 on: October 16, 2017, 06:51:11 PM »
Just hope Jody wasn't wearing their camo stuff. As somebody pointed out yesterday, it's actually illegal there.

I'm pretty sure production would have given them the heads up.  Last thing production wants to do is cause friction with the local authorities.  Plus the teams are an asset, so it would make sense that production would take the necessary steps to protect their assets.  Imagine th PR nightmare if a team ran afoul of local authorities and ended up in the glue because production didn't tell them that it was illegal to wear camo.
Completely agree. Can't imagine production not making sure all local rules are told to, and understood by, all members of all teams.
Makes sense why Cody wasn’t wearing his camo hat today

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1530 on: October 16, 2017, 06:53:49 PM »
That Harare Gardens makes sense, it's very close to the mat/Phil/racers photos.  3-4 blocks south, plus through the gardens, would make a nice little race to the end.

It looks like the stage might be at the North-Westish corner of the gardens.  So, the racers would run south and slightly east.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:03:47 PM by Seastars »

Offline Bonnie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1531 on: October 16, 2017, 07:00:49 PM »
You act like analyzing body language isn't a thing. There are people who make a living off it.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1532 on: October 16, 2017, 07:01:04 PM »
I'm just amused that we will see CODY having to sing and dance on stage  :funny:
Not necessarily.
If it's a detour they didn't choose, we won't.

You act like analyzing body language isn't a thing. There are people who make a living off it.
We're just saying a single photo is not enough to make accurate assumptions.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #1533 on: October 16, 2017, 07:03:06 PM »
I've found a video--here--from Harare Gardens which seems to match the stage video; the pavement matches and the bamboo (I think it's bamboo) is also there.

That's just a few blocks away from the Pitstop, too. There are several places for the other side of the Detour there or nearby - like the National Art Gallery.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #1534 on: October 16, 2017, 07:06:14 PM »

For normal people yes but Cody isn't normal. He didn't even blink when he won $25000

There are plenty of times he smiled or laughed. I think he was shocked about AFP. Besides, he was more excited to see Jess.

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1535 on: October 16, 2017, 07:13:08 PM »

That's just a few blocks away from the Pitstop, too. There are several places for the other side of the Detour there or nearby - like the National Art Gallery.

Yes, as I said just above, about a 7-8 city block run to the end if I'm right about the stage location.  Many things in that park as well, an unusual sculpture garden which would have been a great place for a clue "find the wooden whatever, etc."  There is also a pool, but no one looks wet, and that would be an odd task in African anyway.

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1536 on: October 16, 2017, 07:17:14 PM »
Also everyone completely forgot about the other 3 teams as Jody, Lifeguards and skiers are the only ones were talking about. How did everyone else place 😛

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1537 on: October 16, 2017, 07:22:43 PM »
We know they are safe so  :groan:

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1538 on: October 16, 2017, 07:25:13 PM »

How do we know that?  We don't even know who one of the teams are or where Skii girls, Lifeguards or Jody placed.

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1539 on: October 16, 2017, 07:26:28 PM »
unacceptable post deleted
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:04:36 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1540 on: October 16, 2017, 07:30:36 PM »
Jody

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1541 on: October 16, 2017, 07:32:44 PM »
No, WE don't know who is safe yet.
You are welcome to believe whatever you want, but so far there has been no proof to indicate anybody besides the lifeguards not being last.
Jody may be safe if the shadow discussion is accurate, but all the others - NOT known.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1542 on: October 16, 2017, 07:35:01 PM »
By evidence posted, the safest team is the lifeguards.  From the positioning of the buildings around the pitstop, I now firmly believe that the Jody pic was in the afternoon, while the other pics were around noontime.

We still have no sightings of the twins or the debaters, or any 6th or 7th team that might have made this leg.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1543 on: October 16, 2017, 07:38:56 PM »
Bragging/boasting about info  has not been shared is unacceptable. DO not do it again.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:20:10 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Bonnie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1544 on: October 16, 2017, 07:46:25 PM »
There is either very young people posting here or just very opinionated. For one, I never referenced Cody’s lack of smile. I know that’s a common disposition.  I was commenting on combination of both of them, their posture, “expression” and physical body posture as compared to lifeguards and skiers who seemed lighter and less frustrated looking. If Jody came in before them, then my GUESS was wrong. But you just make people not want to even comment cause you know so much more.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1545 on: October 16, 2017, 07:48:44 PM »
By evidence posted, the safest team is the lifeguards.  From the positioning of the buildings around the pitstop, I now firmly believe that the Jody pic was in the afternoon, while the other pics were around noontime.

We still have no sightings of the twins or the debaters, or any 6th or 7th team that might have made this leg.

evidence posted shows that the lifeguards and skiers were last to the pitstop. why else would the camera crew pack up after they were done at the mat?

Offline G~Ann

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1546 on: October 16, 2017, 07:51:59 PM »
The lifeguards could have a plenalty which could be a reason they are on the matt with the Skiers. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:06:04 PM by G~Ann »
Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son's eyes and realize I've already created one.

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1547 on: October 16, 2017, 07:53:26 PM »
Ive been reading this forum for years, always impressed with the detective abilities and how information is found. Ive also always been impressed on how everyone works together to try and figure things out.  I have to say Im a bit perplexed at this sudden secrecy and need to be so cryptic.

This has always been collaborative. No one "hid" anything or needed to withhold info. It was a group of people working together. What is the sudden need for secrecy. Not just secrecy, but the need to tell people you know something that others don't? Seems off to me and not what , I thought, this board was about.

Anyway, its the first time that I was prompted to post. But if I dont post again, thank you all for years of fun following your investigative work.  Its always made TAR that much more fun for me.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1548 on: October 16, 2017, 08:02:30 PM »
Ive been reading this forum for years, always impressed with the detective abilities and how information is found. Ive also always been impressed on how everyone works together to try and figure things out.  I have to say Im a bit perplexed at this sudden secrecy and need to be so cryptic.

This has always been collaborative. No one "hid" anything or needed to withhold info. It was a group of people working together. What is the sudden need for secrecy. Not just secrecy, but the need to tell people you know something that others don't? Seems off to me and not what , I thought, this board was about.

Anyway, its the first time that I was prompted to post. But if I dont post again, thank you all for years of fun following your investigative work.  Its always made TAR that much more fun for me.

Welcome to RFF!
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1549 on: October 16, 2017, 08:19:29 PM »

evidence posted shows that the lifeguards and skiers were last to the pitstop. why else would the camera crew pack up after they were done at the mat?
That's not evident. The person reported that he saw those 2 teams, came back later, and everything was packed up. Doesn't tell us whether a team or more checked in during the time he wasnt there.

No, WE don't know who is safe yet.
You are welcome to believe whatever you want, but so far there has been no proof to indicate anybody besides the lifeguards not being last.
Jody may be safe if the shadow discussion is accurate, but all the others - NOT known.

You may not know. But we do.
I think it's the opposite way around, dan. :tup: You may know, we don't.
Or you just relate to a different 'we' that the entire of RFF does.
Feel free to disclose whatever you wish, but do not make assumptions based on what WE do not know.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:22:54 PM by Marionete »