Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790348 times)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1500 on: October 16, 2017, 05:02:17 PM »
You can see Jessicas hands are on her hips too, like a sign of upset. They look beat. Maybe u turned? Skiers and Lifeguards seemed more refreshed looking.????

I do tend to agree with the comment a few posts up about trying not to analyze body language and other things as hard, mostly because we don't know what's going on in the exact moment a photo is taken. For all we know, they're just tired and a little cranky, or it's really hot outside so it's affecting their mood in the exact moment that the photo is taken. For all we know, their mood improved two seconds later and they were all smiles.

If we do try to analyze the teams' body language, we could say that in the most recent photo with the Lifeguards, they have closed off body language as well (hands on hips AND crossed arms), indicating that they could be close to last. We can't really tell, though we can make logical assumptions. But I always like to go off of fact.

For example, we know that there is time between Jody's check in and the Lifeguards/Skiers' check in because the sun is most definitely aligned differently. Now, which one got there first, it's hard to tell, until we get time stamps on when each source took their picture. I know it was said above that the source of the Skiers/Lifeguard pictures said that their pic was taken at 1:30? Personally, I kind of need proof before I fully believe that. I like to have all the facts with the evidence because I know I've jumped to conclusions one too many times.

Also, hi. Long time fan of the show and new Jody fan who found this site recently.

Welcome to RFF!!! :conf: :conf: :conf:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Bonnie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1501 on: October 16, 2017, 05:06:31 PM »
I'm smart enough to know all that. Just thought this was the place to go for speculation,  which is not based on fact.

Offline Bonnie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1502 on: October 16, 2017, 05:10:25 PM »
*speculation alert* if the istagram pic of crew disassembling is just that (and not setting up), then the shadows from tree would be more aligned with pic with skiers/lifeguards.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1503 on: October 16, 2017, 05:12:54 PM »
Ok, I have a pretty big nugget here... and I'll be releasing some big news in the morning... need to keep it quiet for now, but will say something fairly shocking happened that I certainly didn't see coming. Enjoy!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:21:18 PM by dangambler »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #1504 on: October 16, 2017, 05:17:32 PM »
*speculation alert* if the istagram pic of crew disassembling is just that (and not setting up), then the shadows from tree would be more aligned with pic with skiers/lifeguards.

That pic was a repost from IG user Naledi Productions earlier in the day, and was posted almost the same time as the other production pic with stand-ins at the mat. I hope we're not assuming it's take down based on the time reposted.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1505 on: October 16, 2017, 05:20:46 PM »
Ok, I have a pretty big nugget here... and I'll be releasing some big news in the morning... need to keep it quiet for now, but will say something fairly shocking happened that I certainly didn't see coming. Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4S7QjkeNLTnUHNOcTRTTGpUNXM/view

Very nice find, love videos. So one of the tasks? Thanks for this! Btw I'm new to this stuff, why do you have to wait till morning?

Offline KittyBoo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1506 on: October 16, 2017, 05:39:01 PM »
Lots of people fell for the 2015 photo, not just Jody fans. Don't be rude.  :groan:

I kept myself in check, but for a while today, I assumed you were purposefully trolling us with those photos :(

I saw several versions of that photo before I found the original post. The background sign was purposely covered up, one with something that purposely flamed us. The thing is by us ALL not working together, a disservice is being done especially to the Jody fans. They could have checked here with some of the more seasoned detectives. It's a shame.

I'm the one that posted the "phil" picture on here, that was later discovered to be from a prior season. I was offline as a bad storm hit my area, knocking out our power, internet, etc after I posted it. I wasnt hiding. Sorry if this post, then lead into mistrust of some posters. That was never my intention! I was just trying to help. :(

I too saw several people had posted the picture...& I think it was an honest mistake on everyone's part. I can't speak to the other pictures that had been edited. I did see those in passing, wasn't sure what that was about or meant, so purposely posted a link here to a post that had an unedited photo.

I wasnt trolling. As a newer member to the forum (as I see many of us are) we are learning as we go. I follow several people on Twitter,  Not just Jody fans, but amazing race fans, as thats what I am first and foreemost. My goal is to look for clues on any teams. I've found most of the Jody fans to be the same and post sightings and updates for other teams as well.

I hope that helps put mind's at ease. I felt horrible when I saw the follow up posts and comments of mistrust & wanted to try and clear it up!

Thanks

Offline Coolhand

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1507 on: October 16, 2017, 05:39:31 PM »

Very nice find, love videos. So one of the tasks? Thanks for this! Btw I'm new to this stuff, why do you have to wait till morning?
Definitely looks to be the skiiers competing in one side of a detour, and they both have microphones, and one of them is holding a sheet, so I wonder if the task is to memorize a traditional song and performed it for judges

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1508 on: October 16, 2017, 05:40:39 PM »
looks like it.. Very similar to season 20 in Africa when they had to memorize a dance routine and perform it for a judge.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1509 on: October 16, 2017, 05:43:56 PM »
Looks like the twins.  Which we already knew made it to Zimbabwe.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:48:06 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1510 on: October 16, 2017, 05:45:59 PM »
Looks like the twins.  Which we already knew made it to Zimbabwe.  I guess we just have to wait for morning for dangambler to reveal which leg this was on, in addition to his "shocking" news.

The twins? Are we looking at the same video? Because those 2 are women 😂

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1511 on: October 16, 2017, 05:49:34 PM »
Also something I noticed, Cody is wearing a jacket here when it's obviously hot in Zimbabwe while he wore tshirts in freezing cold Iceland lol

Offline jdessy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1512 on: October 16, 2017, 05:51:05 PM »
I'm smart enough to know all that. Just thought this was the place to go for speculation,  which is not based on fact.

Sorry, Bonnie, for my reply to your post! I can totally see how it comes across! I just personally feel like the Lifeguards/Skiers don't look all that relaxed, and we can't even see Jess to know how she's feeling. Also, since there's only one Jody pic to the several Lifeguards/Skiers' pic, it's really, really hard to judge. I think if we had more than one Jody pic, I'd be analyzing those in more detail.

I mean, in the most recent Lifeguards with Phil pic, they have similar closed body language (hands on hips AND crossed arms) so maybe both teams were caught in the moment when they just got to the pit stop and Phil was about to tell them their placement.

Offline Coolhand

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1513 on: October 16, 2017, 05:55:47 PM »
Also something I noticed, Cody is wearing a jacket here when it's obviously hot in Zimbabwe while he wore tshirts in freezing cold Iceland lol
I thought the same exact thing it's in the 90s in Harare and all of the racers seem to be covered up. I wonder if it is a cultural thing???

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1514 on: October 16, 2017, 05:57:15 PM »
Just hope Jody wasn't wearing their camo stuff. As somebody pointed out yesterday, it's actually illegal there.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1515 on: October 16, 2017, 06:00:44 PM »
Just hope Jody wasn't wearing their camo stuff. As somebody pointed out yesterday, it's actually illegal there.
Even if they were that would be productions own fault for not reading into laws ahead of time to make sure their cast was prepared and they shouldn't be held accountable for being stopped if they were

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1516 on: October 16, 2017, 06:02:05 PM »
Looks like the twins.  Which we already knew made it to Zimbabwe.  I guess we just have to wait for morning for dangambler to reveal which leg this was on, in addition to his "shocking" news.

The twins? Are we looking at the same video? Because those 2 are women
Yeah, it's 100% the skiers.
Great find though! That's definitely one side of the detour.

no personal comments allowed
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:49:23 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline jdessy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1517 on: October 16, 2017, 06:02:37 PM »

In the Jody photo, Cody doesn't have his hat on, which he's been wearing, I think, in every other photo, so I do think they warned him about it.

I thought the same exact thing it's in the 90s in Harare and all of the racers seem to be covered up. I wonder if it is a cultural thing???

I thought so at first, but wouldn't they have to cover up their entire body, not just their upper portion, then? A genuine question, because they all seem to be wearing shorts, but I did notice that they are wearing sweaters or long sleeves.

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1518 on: October 16, 2017, 06:05:55 PM »
I'm interested in the sun angles details you guys are talking about.

So, I saw the name on the building in one photo, TOPICS.  Googled it on maps.  this link may or may not work, but you could do the same.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/TOPICS/@-17.8298856,31.0497984,154m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!2m7!3m6!1sTOPICS!2sHarare,+Zimbabwe!3s0x1931a4ee1bdddb35:0xa5143b9be5134f2f!4m2!1d31.03351!2d-17.8251657

Someone mentioned 1st street, so I went to that one, and there two trees there that could easily be the one Phil's standing under. 

All that basically does if give directional location for those who are inclined to further analyze sun and shadow.  I think, from the tall white building, Phil was under the tree at Econet House, mostly guessing, but also photos.

I have no idea if any of this will help, but it was cool looking around.  No street view there.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1519 on: October 16, 2017, 06:07:48 PM »

I'm pretty sure production would have given them the heads up.  Last thing production wants to do is cause friction with the local authorities.  Plus the teams are an asset, so it would make sense that production would take the necessary steps to protect their assets.  Imagine th PR nightmare if a team ran afoul of local authorities and ended up in the glue because production didn't tell them that it was illegal to wear camo.

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1520 on: October 16, 2017, 06:11:04 PM »
Lots of info posted on this thread comes from Twitter accts if anyone wants to do some detective work of their own instead of waiting for "I-know-something-you-don't-knoooooow" claims. Dunno if I can post the Twitter acct names here or not so I'll err on the side of caution regarding privacy and not post them.

. Just keep in mind that the sources there sometimes post conflicting info or make assumptions that are not confirmed or are still waiting for some kind of confirmation, so take everything with a grain of salt! Happy hunting!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:52:17 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #1521 on: October 16, 2017, 06:24:58 PM »

I'm pretty sure production would have given them the heads up.  Last thing production wants to do is cause friction with the local authorities.  Plus the teams are an asset, so it would make sense that production would take the necessary steps to protect their assets.  Imagine th PR nightmare if a team ran afoul of local authorities and ended up in the glue because production didn't tell them that it was illegal to wear camo.

There are also roadblocks that check tourists' IDs. Notice, Cody wasn't wearing his camo bball cap.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #1522 on: October 16, 2017, 06:27:51 PM »

Or it's finding the original source and crediting the proper person. Please, we've been over this way too many times.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:54:06 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1523 on: October 16, 2017, 06:28:26 PM »
The video was uploaded by Mob Graphix who is also the one who posted the pics of lifeguards and skiers

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1524 on: October 16, 2017, 06:33:59 PM »

this isn't hunting... this is just finding someone else's work.

No idea what you mean by that. We're all hunting for clues about TAR activities of all kinds. Clues include things we find on our own and things others find and we pass along. If you know something that hasn't been posted yet, please share/pass the info on to the rest of us and credit the source  (within privacy limitations). Thanks. Otherwise, keep hunting with the rest of us and good luck to all!

OFF TOPIC!! THIS THREAD IS FOR DISCUSSION OF SPOILERS ONLY PLEASE!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:56:01 PM by georgiapeach »