Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790510 times)

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1450 on: October 16, 2017, 02:34:44 PM »
There’s one pic of Jody from one angle I wouldn’t base it off a crowd

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1451 on: October 16, 2017, 02:37:10 PM »
Cody's face does not show different emotions. He could be the happiest guy ever right now and he would still look like that  :funny:

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1452 on: October 16, 2017, 02:39:01 PM »
Here’s what I’m basing it off.

A team that arrived with another team with more sunlight that is extremely happy smiling and eating ice cream with everyone smiling around them

Or

A team that arrived alone with less sun that does not look happy. And the pic was found later than the others.

Signs for me point to who was in the front.

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1453 on: October 16, 2017, 02:40:08 PM »
There's way more sun on Jody....,

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1454 on: October 16, 2017, 02:41:24 PM »
 :didimiss: ^

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1455 on: October 16, 2017, 02:44:42 PM »
Well the bulidings actually do look sunnier in Jody's picture..   Like if you look at the CABS building..

but I'm not going to base placement off the sun because I am not an expert and the pictures were taken at completely different angles.

Or facial expressions.. There could be a million reasons why Cody or ski girls look that way..

The best way to find out is to ask the source for more info.. Hopefully they will divulge some more

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1456 on: October 16, 2017, 02:46:09 PM »
Here’s what I’m basing it off.

A team that arrived with another team with more sunlight that is extremely happy smiling and eating ice cream with everyone smiling around them

Or

A team that arrived alone with less sun that does not look happy. And the pic was found later than the others.

Signs for me point to who was in the front.
You can only see Cody’s face and his face literally always looks “unhappy” that’s just his face. I watched him on live feeds 24/7 barely if ever would he smile. This is his face when he won 25 K looks exactly the same lol..

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1457 on: October 16, 2017, 02:47:41 PM »
Or simply the leg had really difficult tasks and it was a scorching hot day? That would make anybody look miserable at the end of the leg.

The weather says the high in Harare today was 93 F.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1458 on: October 16, 2017, 02:48:26 PM »
Guys for some actual evidence... not facial expressions of an emotionless robot... I need some help.

I think we can determine the time Cody and Jess got to the pit stop vs the other 2 based on the sun shadow.

From what I can tell Jess and Cody got there and they have much less shade, meaning the sun was higher and earlier in the day than when the other 2 got there.

Now this isn’t 100% but would also help if anyone knew what direction they were facing as well if anyone can help with that

Or it is the opposite which is why the pic was found later. Can go both ways.

Don’t think so, the shadow differences is very noticeable, but again not certain

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1459 on: October 16, 2017, 02:50:22 PM »
The person who posted the Jody pic said it was a pic taken by a friend from earlier on in the day..

So just because it was posted later doesn't mean it was taken later.. WE have no idea when these pics were taken.

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1460 on: October 16, 2017, 02:54:30 PM »
Guess we will find out soon

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1461 on: October 16, 2017, 02:58:31 PM »
Hopefully... I just want to find out who the 6th team is.. Is that too much to ask? 

Offline Cpt.Carnage

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1462 on: October 16, 2017, 02:59:57 PM »
Hopefully... I just want to find out who the 6th team is.. Is that too much to ask?
I'm with you  :spy:

Offline clace

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1463 on: October 16, 2017, 03:00:54 PM »
From what I can tell Jess and Cody got there and they have much less shade, meaning the sun was higher and earlier in the day than when the other 2 got there.

They are standing under a tree so there would be plenty of shade at any hour, including noon. The key difference is the solid block shadow (of a building presumably) that is covering about half of the Jody picture, and most of the mat. This is what led me to think that the skier/lifeguard picture is taken closer to noon, and the Jody picture is further away from noon (in either direction).

Offline JaKAsK

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1464 on: October 16, 2017, 03:01:34 PM »
So without having any ideas how the shadows play out earlier/later in the day, I did note the store Topics as being behind the contestants in one of the pics, and Econet/ZLG bank being behind Phil's back ... if that's right, the teams were facing south (and slightly east) and phil was facing north (and slightly west) .... now who can put the rest of the puzzle together re: shadows lol! (not me!)

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1465 on: October 16, 2017, 03:02:26 PM »
Ok I’m more convinced now.

Solar noon is at 11:41 am there. Sunset at 5:26 pm.
We don’t know time on Jody pic.
Pic of skiers/lifeguards was af about 1:30pm there time.

Much more noticeable sun and less shade on Jody pic. The time of the lifeguards pic means the sun would’ve shifted about 30 to 40 degrees and that’s why we see so much more shade.

My best guess is Jody got there an hour or more before the skiers and lifeguards.

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1466 on: October 16, 2017, 03:13:31 PM »

Much more noticeable sun and less shade on Jody pic. The time of the lifeguards pic means the sun would’ve shifted about 30 to 40 degrees and that’s why we see so much more shade.

My best guess is Jody got there an hour or more before the skiers and lifeguards.

See, this is the sort of speculation I appreciate whether I agree with it or not. Step-by-step thought process that's logical and includes research.

Offline Cpt.Carnage

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1467 on: October 16, 2017, 03:17:01 PM »
To be completely honest finishing order is pretty much irrelevant on every leg except for the last one.

If they didn't get last place and its not a NEL then we'll see them again.  :groan:

Also I don't recall anyone giving the skiers/lifeguards time on the mat exactly. Was this ever proven or is it a case of 'my friend said'?

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #1468 on: October 16, 2017, 03:18:37 PM »
They are standing under a tree so there would be plenty of shade at any hour, including noon. The key difference is the solid block shadow (of a building presumably) that is covering about half of the Jody picture, and most of the mat. This is what led me to think that the skier/lifeguard picture is taken closer to noon, and the Jody picture is further away from noon (in either direction).

Agreed.

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1469 on: October 16, 2017, 03:18:46 PM »

..or they were much later than the skiers and lifeguards. IMO the skiers and lifeguards look way too happy to be that far behind Jody

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1470 on: October 16, 2017, 03:20:12 PM »
I’m actually thinking the opposite

The pic with Jody has a shadow coming in hard from a different angle

The shadow has a very clear straight edge to it, much more reminiscent of a building

Looking at that, it seems the angle of the sun is further from solar noon in their shot

We have shots of Phil by the production team, which seem closer to late morning with little to no shadow angle (shade from tree seems to come straight down), and pics with Lifeguard/Skiers having shade from tree as well

Unless Phil had been there since earlier in the morning, and the shots from the production team were from the end of the process, it seems Jody were a bit later

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1471 on: October 16, 2017, 03:23:53 PM »

..or they were much later than the skiers and lifeguards. IMO the skiers and lifeguards look way too happy to be that far behind Jody

The skiers got there around 130pm. For them to get there later, it would be near dark. Good try tho

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1472 on: October 16, 2017, 03:25:06 PM »
I’m actually thinking the opposite

The pic with Jody has a shadow coming in hard from a different angle

The shadow has a very clear straight edge to it, much more reminiscent of a building

Looking at that, it seems the angle of the sun is further from solar noon in their shot

We have shots of Phil by the production team, which seem closer to late morning with little to no shadow angle (shade from tree seems to come straight down), and pics with Lifeguard/Skiers having shade from tree as well

Unless Phil had been there since earlier in the morning, and the shots from the production team were from the end of the process, it seems Jody were a bit later

No, we know the skiers got there around 130pm. So the rest of your theory is disproven based on that fact

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1473 on: October 16, 2017, 03:26:52 PM »

I don't think it is a good idea to judge anyones placement in a race based off of facial expressions snapped from a picture..

Besides a lot of teams are happy to just not get last (that is the main goal of each leg), some even leave proud and smiling..

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1474 on: October 16, 2017, 03:28:54 PM »
3pm-4pm is much later than 1:30pm, and would still be plenty sunny

And clue me in on where we have official and verified timing for Skiers/Lifeguard check in time?