Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 796151 times)

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1325 on: October 15, 2017, 09:49:56 PM »
This route could end up a lot like TAR 6: USA -> Europe (Iceland first) -> Africa for one leg -> Europe -> Africa for one leg -> Asia -> USA

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1326 on: October 15, 2017, 09:50:57 PM »
I've been in Baltimore all day so excuse me if I missed something. Perhaps they are in Zimbabwe, perhaps they aren't. I'm just not inclined to believe that these BB fans would know more information than us when it comes to a country and continent where I doubt many people know who "Jody" are. I also can't think for the life of me when Bertrum has ever been so uncreative to visit the exact same city in back to back seasons. That they really believed a photo from 2015 was current and that the same pitstop was being used shows me they have no idea what is going on, except for the information we got from a passenger that was told their going to Zimbabwe. I sincerely appreciate the help they have provided in Europe, but when it comes to Africa, it's anyones guess.

There was a legit sighting in the Harare airport. They confirmed seeing 6 teams.

Lots of people fell for the 2015 photo/

personal comment removed
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:11:47 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1327 on: October 15, 2017, 09:55:56 PM »
personal comments removed
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:13:09 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #1328 on: October 15, 2017, 10:10:23 PM »
Lots of people fell for the 2015 photo, not just Jody fans. Don't be rude.  :groan:

I kept myself in check, but for a while today, I assumed you were purposefully trolling us with those photos :(

I saw several versions of that photo before I found the original post. The background sign was purposely covered up, one with something that purposely flamed us. The thing is by us ALL not working together, a disservice is being done especially to the Jody fans. They could have checked here with some of the more seasoned detectives. It's a shame.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1329 on: October 15, 2017, 10:18:12 PM »
I've been in Baltimore all day so excuse me if I missed something. Perhaps they are in Zimbabwe, perhaps they aren't. I'm just not inclined to believe that these BB fans would know more information than us when it comes to a country and continent where I doubt many people know who "Jody" are. I also can't think for the life of me when Bertrum has ever been so uncreative to visit the exact same city in back to back seasons. That they really believed a photo from 2015 was current and that the same pitstop was being used shows me they have no idea what is going on, except for the information we got from a passenger that was told their going to Zimbabwe. I sincerely appreciate the help they have provided in Europe, but when it comes to Africa, it's anyones guess.
There was a legit sighting in the Harare airport. They confirmed seeing 6 teams.

Lots of people fell for the 2015 photo, not just Jody fans. Don't be rude.  :groan:

No mean intentions at all. I think we're all confused and a lot of confusion could be saved by doing research and checking sources before selling something as fact. No big though, we'll find um again!

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1330 on: October 15, 2017, 10:24:34 PM »

I kept myself in check, but for a while today, I assumed you were purposefully trolling us with those photos :(
I found it on Twitter from a Jody fan. I don't troll.

The woman posted the pic on Facebook today but it was from an earlier season. It was an honest mistake on everyone's part.

Offline GabrielP

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1331 on: October 15, 2017, 11:55:27 PM »
This route could end up a lot like TAR 6: USA -> Europe (Iceland first) -> Africa for one leg -> Europe -> Africa for one leg -> Asia -> USA

Check my posts at location wishlists thread, there could be a possibly of having two legs in Southeast Asia and the other two in Australia. A reverse route of the first half of TAR 22.

Haven’t posted here in forever... I live in Australia (Melbourne) and I’m a huge Jody fan (Jessica is my fave player from recent BB seasons), so if they come here I can try to help, I‘m willing to even go to the airport and wait for them lol

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #1332 on: October 16, 2017, 12:22:58 AM »
Zimbabwe isn't dangerous, cause all of the international cricket teams go there. If it was very dangerous, they wouldn't go  :groan:

Is Zimbabwe even conformed?

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1333 on: October 16, 2017, 12:41:50 AM »
Zimbabwe is pretty confirmed, if you read above you will see the photos, tweets, and responses to someone that was on the plane with racers who was told where they were headed.

As far as it "not being dangerous" there is a difference between soccer teams playing at a stadium and "make your way (by bus, train, car) to this location as TAR racers do.  Those warnings about dangers all came from the UK gov site, including the ban on an camouflage wear.  So if the buses, trains, and cars are all dangerous ways to travel, that could restrict activities for racers.  Ditto the warnings about poorly run and dangerous safari and animal santuary or zoo areas.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1334 on: October 16, 2017, 12:44:01 AM »

Check my posts at location wishlists thread, there could be a possibly of having two legs in Southeast Asia and the other two in Australia. A reverse route of the first half of TAR 22.

Haven’t posted here in forever... I live in Australia (Melbourne) and I’m a huge Jody fan (Jessica is my fave player from recent BB seasons), so if they come here I can try to help, I‘m willing to even go to the airport and wait for them lol

It's great to have you back! If you want to help if TAR visits your area, we keep a list of people's locations here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,29785.150.html

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1335 on: October 16, 2017, 01:37:11 AM »
The last three consecutive seasons had Asia as the last continent and places in East Asia were the penultimate legs before finishing in the US and that may not going to do it agaijln. I could possibly Zimbabwe would give only one leg with a planned 30-32 hour extended Pit Stop in Harare before leaving to Southeast Asia.

So, we could be going to move on on a penultimate leg in the second Australian leg.

Oceanian legs at the end stages of the race is a rarity but Asian legs are very common

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1336 on: October 16, 2017, 02:35:28 AM »
Once they get off the plane do they usually get a day rest? Someone just posted on the FB that they are doing 4x4 races at a Lodge today but they all arrived yesterday.

Aberfoyle Lodge maybe?

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1337 on: October 16, 2017, 02:38:35 AM »
Once they get off the plane do they usually get a day rest? Someone just posted on the FB that they are doing 4x4 races at a Lodge today but they all arrived yesterday.

When they arrived in Zim, it was evening. It's morning there now.

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1338 on: October 16, 2017, 02:41:03 AM »

Ah so probably all went to a hotel to rest and they're starting now! 

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1339 on: October 16, 2017, 02:58:31 AM »

Ah so probably all went to a hotel to rest and they're starting now!

Which means there won't be much difference b/w the teams. Roadblock is usually an easy part there where they might have to get a clue from victoria fall by locating via helicopter. Detour will decide this leg! And ofcourse the zimbabwe customs too :p

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1340 on: October 16, 2017, 03:49:23 AM »
We have a thread for "wishlists".

We have a thread to discuss Jody.

Please try to keep THIS thread to actual SPOILER discussion?

Thanks guys, and welcome back old friends and NEW!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1341 on: October 16, 2017, 04:06:24 AM »
Detours and roadblocks for TAR27 Zimbabwe leg included bungee jumping, balancing, walking the lion, feeding the crocs, rowing.

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1342 on: October 16, 2017, 04:11:22 AM »
They must be in one of these lodges

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1343 on: October 16, 2017, 04:59:44 AM »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are in Zimbabwe an extra day. This seems like the set up for another of TAR's "let's build some community a school" projects.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1344 on: October 16, 2017, 05:17:11 AM »
Times getting short though...we only have another week.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1345 on: October 16, 2017, 05:24:06 AM »
They must be in one of these lodges

There are a few more...Amalinde for one.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1346 on: October 16, 2017, 06:42:31 AM »
We now know the pitstop also. Lets get some pics!

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #1347 on: October 16, 2017, 07:25:16 AM »
DMH Law is at Eastgate Shopping Centre in Harare. Could the "lodge" be closer to the city?

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1348 on: October 16, 2017, 07:36:20 AM »
Lifeguards and Skiers are first two teams at the pitstop. Others are still reaching!

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1349 on: October 16, 2017, 07:37:05 AM »
Lifeguards and Skiers are first two teams at the pitstop. Others are still reaching!

Where did you find out that they are first two teams?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies