Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790317 times)

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1000 on: October 12, 2017, 05:02:32 PM »

Thanks for posting the screenshot I’m on mobile
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:04:17 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1001 on: October 12, 2017, 05:11:51 PM »

IMAGE REMOVED.  ALL INFO FROM OTHER SITES REQUIRE ASKING TO SHARE AND FULL CREDIT TO THE SOURCE.
Apologies to TeamJody #BB19‏ @TeamJessica15

OK, I'll buy that the skiers were first, but I don't see any proof that Jody "must have been in second".

And that's just one instance. There have been several other claims that I haven't seen any evidence for.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:39:07 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1002 on: October 12, 2017, 05:14:23 PM »
off topic
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:45:13 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline G~Ann

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1003 on: October 12, 2017, 05:14:34 PM »
edited
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:45:55 PM by georgiapeach »
Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son's eyes and realize I've already created one.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1004 on: October 12, 2017, 05:22:57 PM »
^^^^ That twitter account (which is now private) has posted a lot of sightings, etc, but usually didn't credit the source.  This makes follow-up very difficult.

Why wouldn’t you need to follow up? That’s likely why they keep things private so people aren’t harassing Gothenburg or their sources.

This is what the new to TAR, Jody fans don't understand. First of all, I'm a huge Jess/Cody fan from BB. But I've watched TAR since season 2. This site doesn't hoard spoilers or try to get credit or keep them to themeselves to be the first or only with the information.

This site is all about getting as much information as possible, making sure it's correct, laying out the route, teams, order, destinations as correctly as possible AND giving credit to anyone who is a source. That's not what I see happening with jody fans on twitter. Also posting DM's is pretty sketchy too, unless they've been given permission from the person.

No one is trying to deny any information, the people here just don't believe it as fact until there's proof. They've lived this for many many years. They've been through all the different things that can happen and are just trying to have fun while piecing together the race for ALL racers.

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1005 on: October 12, 2017, 05:24:10 PM »
Off topic
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:48:46 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1006 on: October 12, 2017, 05:33:26 PM »
It's truly sad how much the the TAR community is ****ting on Jody fans. They're working hard as sleuths and giving much needed attention back to the show. Why the disrespect???

Read my post above. No one is doing that. People just want facts to piece together the race. The only disrespect is not giving credit to the sources of information throughout the race.

No one cares who is fans of who. We want GOOD information that is proven. That's all.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1007 on: October 12, 2017, 05:34:23 PM »
^^^^ That twitter account (which is now private) has posted a lot of sightings, etc, but usually didn't credit the source.  This makes follow-up very difficult.

Why would you need to follow up? That’s likely why they keep things private so people aren’t harassing Gothenburg or their sources.

This is kind of a perfect example. One possible follow-up would be to find out what order the pictures were taken in. A lot of the questions directed at this person's twitter could have been handled discretely by contacting the original poster.  Most of what we have now is hearsay, despite having lots of photo evidence. All the photos in the world can't give us information on the order of the race unless we know when and where they were taken.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1008 on: October 12, 2017, 05:35:36 PM »

Why would you need to follow up? That’s likely why they keep things private so people aren’t harassing Gothenburg or their sources.

We follow up because that is what we do. Regardless of what others do, we do things clearly a little differently. We rarely rely on one source, we check multiple sources.

If she got the info from a source, that's great! Great idea to screencap it too. If that info was shared readily we could understand things much better.

But this whole block/don't share thing is crazy.

Every other BB season RFF has worked TOGETHER with BB forums, and that made for some delightful and very effective spoiling seasons.

When people feel free to use our photos without credit, remove logos to claim credit for themselves, and then hide that, something is wrong.

This is not a competition between boards. I could care less who gets what when.

This is a thoughtful, serious evaluation of an enormous amount of data to reach some conclusions. I do care about accuracy. There will be mistakes, and misunderstanding of what we see...that is inevitable. But we try hard to read the data correctly, and appreciate all of YOU helping to bring us info.

But please, be SURE before you make a firm statement that you 1) understand how things work, 2) have correct info that can be documented, and 3) are careful how you word things. If you only hope/wish/ something is true, please say that. Do not state it as fact. Lot's of things can be interpreted more than one way.

Okay...back to spoiling!! Go find some more goodies!! :hrt:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1009 on: October 12, 2017, 05:42:58 PM »
I'd think if the Violinists were right behind Jody, they would've put another team up there already

They can still target another team for a U-turn, when they arrive there and discover they've been U-turned

Wouldn't make sense for a U-turned team to NOT use it if it were available, you know, to help themselves out

Maybe they did?  We have seen no pictures of the violinists at the Uturn, but if they were the last team to get there it doesn't matter they can't u turn anybody.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1010 on: October 12, 2017, 05:56:12 PM »
I credit each and every photographer. I mark their pics with THEIR names. As do our team.

I have credited BB sources several times today.

I expect you all to do that as well. If that screencap was used without permission or credit, please edit your posts and delete it if you do not have permission to use it.

You all have NO idea how we function and how many hours of behind the scene work goes into being sure we have our facts straight.

We are MOVING ON NOW.

Back to spoiling.

Further discussion should go back to SPOILING and the TAR legs.

If you want to be here and help us with that, fine, We LOVE having you.

If you prefer another forum, by all means go there instead.

BUT THIS DISCUSSION IS CLOSED.

BACK TO DISCUSSION OF SPOILERS AND THAT IS IT!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1011 on: October 12, 2017, 05:58:32 PM »
Quick recap of today's info up to this point to help get us all back on track:

7 clue packs were seen so we know there are at least 7 teams in this leg.

Teams seen today (in no particular order): Skiers, Debaters, Lifeguards, Twins, Jody, Violinists

Not seen YET today but not confirmed to be eliminated: Indy Racers, Eaters

Not seen in today and believed to have been eliminated: Ring Girls, Yoga Moms, Basketballers

We also have confirmation that Jody used a U-Turn on Violinists, and Skiers were seen at the Pit Stop.

Also, Skiers POSSIBLY (but not confirmed) finished 1st and POSSIBLY won a trip (POSSIBLY to Australia) as a prize.

Hope this helps a little!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1012 on: October 12, 2017, 06:42:09 PM »
Quick recap of today's info up to this point to help get us all back on track:

7 clue packs were seen so we know there are at least 7 teams in this leg.

Teams seen today (in no particular order): Skiers, Debaters, Lifeguards, Twins, Jody, Violinists

Not seen YET today but not confirmed to be eliminated: Indy Racers, Eaters

Not seen in today and believed to have been eliminated: Ring Girls, Yoga Moms, Basketballers

We also have confirmation that Jody used a U-Turn on Violinists, and Skiers were seen at the Pit Stop.

Also, Skiers POSSIBLY (but not confirmed) finished 1st and POSSIBLY won a trip (POSSIBLY to Australia) as a prize.

Hope this helps a little!

That's a good synopsis. I'll add the obvious point that since there were seven teams and only 6 were seen, either Indy or the Eaters were still in the race but not both.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1013 on: October 12, 2017, 06:59:48 PM »
Basically to summarize the U-Turn for you first time BB fans :) This is the biggest thing in the game one team can do to impede another. The team who is targeted by the U-Turn (only if they're behind the team that U-Turned, otherwise it doesn't work) is forced to turn back and do both tasks of the Detour.

If Jody hadn't gotten there first, I'd guess the odds are high they would have been U-Turned. It's often used to slow down a team who others feel is a threat. And sometimes by a team who's fallen behind, on a team even farther behind to create a buffer, which almost guarantees elimination for the latter.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1014 on: October 12, 2017, 07:01:54 PM »
I do think it is weird that 4 teams that were so close together would all not use the U turn before Jody got there.

With everybody so close wouldn't you want to make sure you don't get last espically if they don't know for sure if there was another team ahead of them?

You would think the 4 teams would make a pact to use it on the teams that weren't with them at the time.

Offline Flyergal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1015 on: October 12, 2017, 07:02:19 PM »
In one of the pics of Jess and Cody talking to people on street (pic#8 on the numbered pics) it looks like a clock on a street pole.  Were any times mentioned in any of the posts?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:06:31 PM by Flyergal »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1016 on: October 12, 2017, 07:02:41 PM »
I don't believe Jody did get there first? I thought it was The Skiers?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1017 on: October 12, 2017, 07:07:32 PM »
OKAY: ONE MORE POST.

PRIVATE information from another site should NOT be used without

1) PERMISSION and
2) credit.

Just as RFF likes credit for what we post, we expect others to GIVE credit for work well done.

Today a post was lifted from another site without permission. I am deleting all of those now and have apologized to the owner.

If you go multiple places you are responsible for the above. If you have any questions you can always MESSAGE me here or on Twitter  to see if it can be used.

Thanks guys! Back to TAR!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1018 on: October 12, 2017, 07:08:45 PM »
In one of the pics of Jess and Cody talking to people on street (pic#8 on the numbered pics) it looks like a clock on a street pole.  Were any times mentioned in any of the posts?

:welcome: I remember seeing a clock time of about noon on one of the pics.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #1019 on: October 12, 2017, 07:14:15 PM »
I do think it is weird that 4 teams that were so close together would all not use the U turn before Jody got there.

With everybody so close wouldn't you want to make sure you don't get last espically if they don't know for sure if there was another team ahead of them?

You would think the 4 teams would make a pact to use it on the teams that weren't with them at the time.

Sometimes you have to weigh the risks: use a U-Turn on a team vs it backfiring and they target you next time.

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1020 on: October 12, 2017, 07:17:25 PM »
Which picture, I was looking for that.  We know that four teams got their clue at the castle at the same time. And all four were at the U-turn at the same time too.  If you look at the photo with the Skiers at U-turn facing the cameras and seemingly talking about their U-turn decision. There are two ladies in the background that we later see in the photo of the Debaters near the U-turn location but they are now headed up the stairs into the building making it known that this photo followed the other in time.  Here is where I speculate that it is possible that the 3 teams U-turned the Debaters because they seem to go off in a different direction without all the others. 
Always have an attitude of gratitude. :)

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1021 on: October 12, 2017, 07:20:04 PM »
There’s a picture of Jody talking to a local with a clock in the background Time was 12:02 pm

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #1022 on: October 12, 2017, 07:21:47 PM »
Assuming that Violinists were U-Turned, does that mean the Indy or Eaters who weren't in sightings gets ahead of them? If so, the Indy or Eaters might have a chance to get 2nd to Last while Violinists are in the back, at risk of being in elimination.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1023 on: October 12, 2017, 07:25:23 PM »
I don't believe Jody did get there first? I thought it was The Skiers?

Or "before teams who would want to target them", I should have used better wording :)

Heck, there could have been a Fast Forward on this leg, and that's how the skiers got ahead of them.

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1024 on: October 12, 2017, 07:30:28 PM »
Does anyone know how the U-turn works? After a team is there, do they remove their photo so the teams behind know they can not be U-turned?
If their photos are removed, we can know for sure that Jess and Cody were at the U-turn first because the Yale Debaters photo is showing in all the U-turn pictures--untouched, and they were there directly after the Skiers.
Always have an attitude of gratitude. :)