Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790369 times)

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #875 on: October 12, 2017, 01:49:32 PM »
Since it was a Double U Turn, two teams can U Turn another team, correct? Any indication a second U Turn was used? Also, could two teams U Turn the same team at this time? Thanks!

yes two teams can be uturned but it has to be by 2 different teams and only works if the team is currently behind you..

And no you can't uturnt he same team.. Every other team will see the violinist picture already up there and know they can uturn them again.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #876 on: October 12, 2017, 01:50:00 PM »
Since it was a Double U Turn, two teams can U Turn another team, correct? Any indication a second U Turn was used? Also, could two teams U Turn the same team at this time? Thanks!

yes two teams can be uturned but it has to be by 2 different teams and only works if the team you want to u turn is currently behind you..

And no you can't uturnt he same team.. Every other team will see the violinist picture already up there and know they can uturn them again.

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #877 on: October 12, 2017, 01:54:34 PM »

yes two teams can be uturned but it has to be by 2 different teams and only works if the team is currently behind you..

Thank you so much. I'm learning on the fly so I'll try not to ask too many more stupid questions!

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #878 on: October 12, 2017, 01:54:54 PM »
All four teams are pictured in front of the U-turn but it's the Skiers who get to U-turn a team.  Later photo shows skiers running up to the Mat.  We know they are safe this round.   :escape
Always have an attitude of gratitude. :)

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #879 on: October 12, 2017, 01:55:30 PM »
Don't forget once you use a u turn you can no longer use it again. So the next u turn that comes Jody can't use it

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #880 on: October 12, 2017, 01:57:53 PM »
All four teams are pictured in front of the U-turn but it's the Skiers who get to U-turn a team.  Later photo shows skiers running up to the Mat.  We know they are safe this round.   :escape
How do we know it? Thanks for answer.

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #881 on: October 12, 2017, 01:58:16 PM »
Was Jody after the pack at the u turn? I'm confused because the board was blank when everyone was there and then they used it?

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #882 on: October 12, 2017, 02:00:08 PM »
How do we know it? Thanks for answer.

Where does it show the skiers u turning??? I only see Jess n Cody using it

Offline Malvear867

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #883 on: October 12, 2017, 02:02:24 PM »
Are the skiers and jody working together?

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #884 on: October 12, 2017, 02:05:40 PM »
Was Jody after the pack at the u turn? I'm confused because the board was blank when everyone was there and then they used it?
I don’t think so the hotel said Jody and the skiers were the first two teams to the clue and that they were four hours ahead of the last place team

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #885 on: October 12, 2017, 02:05:51 PM »
Are the skiers and jody working together?

I don't think there's any evidence to say that?

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #886 on: October 12, 2017, 02:07:17 PM »
I don’t think so the hotel said Jody and the skiers were the first two teams to the clue and that they were four hours ahead of the last place team

Right but when the skiers are showing up there is no one on the board. When everyone is there they are also with the skiers. Then the board was used by Jody. It would make more sense if they used it not being in first place too

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #887 on: October 12, 2017, 02:08:31 PM »

Right but when the skiers are showing up there is no one on the board. When everyone is there they are also with the skiers. Then the board was used by Jody. It would make more sense if they used it not being in first place too

This makes it seem that Jody/Violinists are at the back of the pack.

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #888 on: October 12, 2017, 02:08:45 PM »
In the picture with all the teams, you can see they are all at the U-turn but the attention is on the Skiers-- I'm speculating that they reached it first and they have the possibility of U-turning a team, but we don't see if they do or if any of the other teams choose to-- I believe Jody was already there. 

I think the Skiers missed the U-turn in the first photo sighting because they are later seen at the U-turn with 3 other teams.

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #889 on: October 12, 2017, 02:09:15 PM »
The board is still blank when the skiers are there

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #890 on: October 12, 2017, 02:10:37 PM »
The board is still blank when the skiers are there

I see that one but what is this picture of other other teams being with skiers at the blank board I cannot find it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #891 on: October 12, 2017, 02:10:52 PM »

No.we don't know how they placed at the Mat.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #892 on: October 12, 2017, 02:11:06 PM »
I'm taking a guess in my opinion and hope the skiers won this leg. They look very happy running to Phil! Fingers crossed

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #893 on: October 12, 2017, 02:13:54 PM »
Where is the picture of other teams at a blank uturn board?  The only team I see at the blank board is Skiers and Jody..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #894 on: October 12, 2017, 02:14:13 PM »
Guys, please be careful with your speculation here? LOTS of inaccurate statements!

If you don't understand how Uturns work, please ask.

Uturning someone never guarantees that you are safe. You could get lost, have a flat, screw up your task, ...a thousand things.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #895 on: October 12, 2017, 02:15:30 PM »
Don't forget once you use a u turn you can no longer use it again. So the next u turn that comes Jody can't use it

Not necessarily true. Used to only be one, Season 29 was not limited.
RFF's Golden Rule:

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #896 on: October 12, 2017, 02:15:48 PM »
Where is the picture of other teams at a blank uturn board?  The only team I see at the blank board is Skiers and Jody..

Because everyone is with the skiers in another shot.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #897 on: October 12, 2017, 02:16:19 PM »

All the pics are up in live now.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #898 on: October 12, 2017, 02:16:28 PM »
look at these two photos-- the skiers missed it the first time.  Then Jody came.  In the second photo the skiers look to be facing the camera's and talking indicating they are choosing to name or not name a team at this U-turn.  All the other teams look nervous to me.

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #899 on: October 12, 2017, 02:17:40 PM »
People jumped to conclusion that Jody and Skiers were in the front because of the info that there were only two teams with females left and they were ahead of the pack. Now we know it's not true, Lifeguards and Debaters are still in it as well. From the available photos i don't see any proof that Jody are in front.
I think, most plausible scenario:

- Skiers show up to U-Turn first, freeze not sure what to do
- Debaters, Lifeguards, Twins catch up to them, all of them together decide not to use it
- Jody show up later, realize they are in the back of the pack and use U-Turn on Violinists to be safe