Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790688 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #725 on: October 10, 2017, 06:03:25 PM »
We do not. Prob yesterday or today.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #726 on: October 10, 2017, 06:08:22 PM »
I know nothing is concrete. But do we think we’re on Leg 5 or 6?

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #727 on: October 10, 2017, 06:13:40 PM »
Thanks, it makes sense that it could have been the beginning of the one ending in St. Tropez, rather than more backtracking, but hopefully we will find out soon.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #728 on: October 10, 2017, 06:20:07 PM »
General consensus (first two legs pretty much confirmed, others not-so-much):
Leg 1 NYC to Reykjavik, Iceland
Leg 2 Reykjavik to Antwerp, Belgium (via Amsterdam)
Leg 3 Antwerp to Tangier, Morocco
Leg 4 Tangier to St Tropez, France (via CDG, Paris?)
Leg 5 St Tropez to Arles, France

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #729 on: October 10, 2017, 06:28:16 PM »
I’m just getting caught up.. is there any chance that the Arles Leg could be the same leg as Saint Tropez and we only just found this out?

Aka fly into Marseille —> Arles — > St. Tropez where the pitstop was..

Or is Arles it’s own leg ?

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #730 on: October 10, 2017, 06:33:25 PM »
The video of Phil didn't show up until today, though we haven't pinned down when it was shot.  But there was also a hint that they were headed to Arles after St Tropez.

Hint from @ShenShen333: https://twitter.com/ShenShen333/status/917842327640641537

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #731 on: October 10, 2017, 06:36:04 PM »
Could the extended pit stop/down-time be to avoid the airport strikes that were happening today?

I know they at very least happened in Nice

How much advanced notice is there prior to one of these strikes?

Like is it something that production could potentially be aware of before the race started, or would be something more of a mid race delay they’d have to adjust for?

Although, I do like Peach’s spec regarding waiting for a particular flight

Offline AfreekNSheets

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #732 on: October 10, 2017, 06:37:59 PM »
Theres a post on facebook of the people/company that took the aerial shots even as recent as 5 hours ago taking more shots of the inside of the Arena where Phil was standing outside.  its safe to assume they are still in Arles, France. And the same company also shot aerial shots from St. Tropez port on Sunday...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1898783547106835&set=a.1422075841444277.1073741828.100009256257155&type=3&theater

Offline AfreekNSheets

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #733 on: October 10, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »
they also posted these shots; and the comments/conversations translates to Mar Didier saying he was on a job. it would make sense since i have heard people say on here they do hire local people for some jobs. this is a french company that shoots aerial shots for moveis and tv shows per their website. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1897904647194725&set=a.1422075841444277.1073741828.100009256257155&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1898327350485788&set=a.1422075841444277.1073741828.100009256257155&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1898676307117559&set=a.1422075841444277.1073741828.100009256257155&type=3&theater

Offline jessietrey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #734 on: October 10, 2017, 07:24:03 PM »
Regarding the post above, I think the FB post was saying that production and the racers stayed at a village residence. He is saying they took over the place with over 100 production. I believe this is the place. http://locations.lastminute.com/produit.aspx?lieu_id=366&lihe_id=5389&typp_id=10&utm_medium=meta_search&utm_source=lve&utm_campaign=core_selfcatering&utm_content=summer_hs&utm_term=Grimaud_5389&acntb=selfcatering&date=14/10/2017&duree=7&tag_uci=plve-RKLCCz2zIB8JTfDJ&marque_uci=LVE&org_lve=lve

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #735 on: October 10, 2017, 07:25:26 PM »
General consensus (first two legs pretty much confirmed, others not-so-much):
Leg 1 NYC to Reykjavik, Iceland
Leg 2 Reykjavik to Antwerp, Belgium (via Amsterdam)
Leg 3 Antwerp to Tangier, Morocco
Leg 4 Tangier to St Tropez, France (via CDG, Paris?)
Leg 5 St Tropez to Arles, France

There is some discussion that there may be  room for another leg before Tangier.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #736 on: October 10, 2017, 07:31:11 PM »
Hmm I don’t think that’s possible anymore for the leg before Tangier.. that would mean 2 NEL in a row

We have seen 9 teams since Tangier , so if the Speedbump the Basketballers were getting told about was for that leg; that would make the Tangier Leg NEL

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #737 on: October 10, 2017, 07:33:57 PM »
Hmm I don’t think that’s possible anymore for the leg before Tangier.. that would mean 2 NEL in a row

We have seen 9 teams since Tangier , so if the Speedbump the Basketballers were getting told about was for that leg; that would make the Tangier Leg NEL

We have only seen 6 teams since Tangier

Jody, Debate, and Violin weren’t seen in France

Nvm- I can't read good  :funny:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 07:45:22 PM by DavidJunior »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #738 on: October 10, 2017, 07:39:49 PM »
Oh good job AfreekNSheets  and Jessietrey!!  :hearts:

Really sounds like the drone shots would be for the leg today.

While it would make sense to also use him for leg 8, he may have been there to film the big sailing meet going on instead, can't be sure

Nice find for the crew quarters!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #739 on: October 10, 2017, 07:40:42 PM »

Good point!! This girl needs some SLEEP!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #740 on: October 10, 2017, 07:41:31 PM »

Yes but they were seen in Morocco, so for there to be another leg BEFORE Morocco there would have had to be another NEL assuming Morocco was a NEL where the basketball players placed last.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #741 on: October 10, 2017, 07:44:17 PM »

Yes but they were seen in Morocco, so for there to be another leg BEFORE Morocco there would have had to be another NEL assuming Morocco was a NEL where the basketball players placed last.

Sorry, thought it read AFTER Tangier, not BEFORE  :groan: :funny:

I'll adjust my previous post

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #742 on: October 10, 2017, 07:45:16 PM »

I meant during hun.. sorry

We have seen 9 teams all together between Tangier and France.. only teams missing are Ring Girls and Yoga Moms

So I’m saying there couldn’t be a leg between Antwerp and Tangier otherwise there would have had to have been 2 NEL back to back.. (assuming Basketball came last in Tangier and survivor St Tropez Leg)

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #743 on: October 10, 2017, 07:54:02 PM »
so do we think they already did this leg in france or they are still waiting to start the next leg and have a really long pit stop?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #744 on: October 10, 2017, 07:55:53 PM »
Hmmm we may have to rethink when the ARles leg was shot. It could have been yesterday.

The drone guy says he left yesterday! He might have just been hired for background shots, but normally they wuld also do overhead race shots. So I think that means the ARles leg was yesterday.

Marc Didier  Déjà reparti !
Tu es ds le coin toi, petit veinard !:-)

Already gone!
You're the corner, you lucky bastard! smile emoticon:-)
Automatically Translated

1 · Yesterday at 3:57pm

Sheesh...I really hate posting production stuff...but this is over and done. :( Too late now!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #745 on: October 10, 2017, 08:15:03 PM »
Hmmm we may have to rethink when the ARles leg was shot. It could have been yesterday.

The drone guy says he left yesterday! He might have just been hired for background shots, but normally they wuld also do overhead race shots. So I think that means the ARles leg was yesterday.

Already gone!
Automatically Translated

Sheesh...I really hate posting production stuff...but this is over and done. :( Too late now!

That just makes so much sense to me, I have a hard time believing that TAR producers would go backwards twice in a row, I know it's possible, but seems so strange to me.

That's the former Club Med I believe, and a nice one.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #746 on: October 10, 2017, 08:26:03 PM »
There is a photo of a boat in the evening of 08/10 at Saint-Tropez and Phil mentioned boats while talking to the NBA team, so it must be that the racers were there that day/evening.

The resort, which he had already left by the evening of 09/10 has been identified by jessietrey.
It is in Grimaud, a little village right next to Saint-Tropez. It's not in Arles, which I got the impression you think, Peach.
He added a comment with that photo, saying he arrived late the previous night and woke up to that view. So that night must have been the pit stop.

The photo from Arles was posted during the day of 10/10, which would suggest a different leg.

Offline TAR789

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #747 on: October 10, 2017, 09:42:48 PM »
There is also this:

https://www.facebook.com/aeromaker.fr/videos/1741837826121383/?id=100009256257155&hc_ref=ARTA2BunpT0iukccNfiyYcjj2lSXEvyeJ6pSyuNVKthn9DnJocaqe-pe_sUhTTDo6A8&fref=nf

En transfert vers les Baux de Provence…

#Aeromaker #Drone #CBS #TheAmasingRace

Les Baux de Provence was TAR's 3rd Pitstop, and is only 30 minutes away from Arles by car

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #748 on: October 10, 2017, 09:51:08 PM »

Already gone!
Automatically Translated

Makes more sense to me, as staying in a country means no need for a travel day and is usually filmed the day after the previous. This is all based on the summaries I've put together over the last few years and shouldn't be taken as fact. But I would suggest:

Leg 01: Reykjavik, Iceland (Oct. 2)
Leg 02: Antwerp, Belgium (Oct. 4)
Leg 03: Tangier, Morocco (Oct. 6)
Leg 04: Saint-Tropez, France (Oct. 8)
Leg 05: Arles, France (Oct. 9)
Leg 06: TBD (Oct. 11)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #749 on: October 11, 2017, 12:11:22 AM »
So, they DID film in Arles? ???