Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 794966 times)

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #700 on: October 10, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »
Arles is pretty close to St Tropez.  Probable bus, train or self-drive(!).  Could explain lack of sightings.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #703 on: October 10, 2017, 03:52:16 PM »
Arles is pretty close to St Tropez.  Probable bus, train or self-drive(!).  Could explain lack of sightings.

Phil is probably well ahead of the teams. Possibility also that they have not been released yet.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #704 on: October 10, 2017, 03:52:28 PM »
I would bet self drive.  It's a great way to scramble the teams and it's super common and convenient to drive in that area.  The trains take you out of the way unnecessarily.
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #705 on: October 10, 2017, 03:54:22 PM »
Dozens of people inundating her twitter feed with demands about Jody probably isn't helping much.  :groan:

So we have sightings in France at Paris, St Tropez and then Arles... anyone want to speculation on timeline here based on what we know? Because I thought we saw them in Paris after Tropez but that makes no sense...

Guessing they flew into Paris, then flight or train to tropez... then either Bus train or scar to Arles?

Thoughts?

Offline Cpt.Carnage

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #706 on: October 10, 2017, 03:57:19 PM »
^ Self drive is a possibility although I'm not sure. What is the max distance they've had people drive before?

Also remember the current time in Arles is 11PM so that could have been filmed this morning or even yesterday.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #707 on: October 10, 2017, 03:59:14 PM »
Teams were probably forbidden from flying Ryan Air from Tangier to Marseille due to the airline's baggage policy, so teams mostly flew to Marseille via Paris

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #708 on: October 10, 2017, 03:59:28 PM »
SnapMap shows that today was votive festival in Aigues-Mortes, commune located 50 km from Arles. Maybe leg goes through there or it's just coincidence.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #709 on: October 10, 2017, 04:01:23 PM »
It only about a 2.5 hour self drive. But if I remember correctly, the tolls were about $30 the last time I drove it.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #710 on: October 10, 2017, 04:07:14 PM »
It only about a 2.5 hour self drive. But if I remember correctly, the tolls were about $30 the last time I drove it.

What an your best on a timeline in France of the sightings we’ve seen in Paris, Tropez and now Arles?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #711 on: October 10, 2017, 04:16:52 PM »
Paris was just a flight, not a leg.

St Tropez we know

Arles: Most likely?

Phil filmed that standup yesterday and Leg is today
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #712 on: October 10, 2017, 04:17:02 PM »
From Xoruz's link (above).

So the tolls would be about the same, but driving saves a lot of time.  If production needs to delay the teams for some reason, bus all the way is the slowest.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #713 on: October 10, 2017, 04:24:17 PM »

St Tropez we know

Yah no they’re leg... but I thought we saw NBA in Paris after Tropez? You’re thinking they flew from Morocco to Paris then pit stop was St Tropez... then next leg was a possible drive to Arles?

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #714 on: October 10, 2017, 04:30:43 PM »
^

Yeah, sighting of B-Ball in CDG was from before St. Tropez, but just was found after we started getting sightings in St. Tropez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #715 on: October 10, 2017, 04:32:46 PM »

St Tropez we know

Yah no they’re leg... but I thought we saw NBA in Paris after Tropez? You’re thinking they flew from Morocco to Paris then pit stop was St Tropez... then next leg was a possible drive to Arles?

Why don't you check OUR Timeline? It is up to date and I agree with what is there. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #716 on: October 10, 2017, 04:38:07 PM »
So: I expect that the Arles leg was today, with Phil's standup yesterday (spec).

SO likely the ST Tropez Pitstop could be an extended one.  If so...

throwing this out there as a possible reason why:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #717 on: October 10, 2017, 05:01:23 PM »
Hello everyone.

I've been reading here for years, and really appreciate all you guys!  There, in long ago TAR days used to be other sites with great spoilers, spec, sightings, and timelines, but now?  I have to say you are the best.  Thanks!

Now my first post is pure spec, but here goes.  I keep coming back to they left Europe, went to Africa (Morocco) which clicks off another continent for them quite easily.  But WHY go back to Europe right after that?  From south to north in other words?  So, many possible reasons including cool travel arrangements or easier travel arrangements, but I would be pretty surprised if they then headed back again?

So, I'm guessing an eastward leg next, and that brings up the old favorite, India, with possibly one more stop in between?

Just a thought, and yes, I realize anything is possible.  I hope we get some new sightings soon.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #718 on: October 10, 2017, 05:06:04 PM »
Why would they extend St. Tropez if the next leg is just two hours away?

My thinking:

10/8 - leg 4 in St. Tropez
10/9 - leg 5 in Arles
10/10 - extended pit stop for teams; Phil films any extra things for Arles and travels to the next location
10/11 - teams travel somewhere for leg 6
10/12 - leg 6 in somewhere

"somewhere" could easily be Tel Aviv or Jordan <3 or really anywhere; there are flights from MRS to London, Frankfurt and Istanbul tomorrow afternoon which could connect to lots of places.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:19:52 PM by Zack. »

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #719 on: October 10, 2017, 05:07:05 PM »
I've always wanted them to visit the Camargue, near Arles!  :conf: :conf: :conf:
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #720 on: October 10, 2017, 05:15:23 PM »

My thinking:

10/8 - leg 3 in St. Tropez
10/9 - leg 4 in Arles
10/10 - extended pit stop for teams; Phil films any extra things for Arles and travels to the next location
10/11 - teams travel somewhere for leg 5
10/12 - leg 5 in somewhere

"somewhere" could easily be Tel Aviv or Jordan <3 or really anywhere; there are flights from MRS to London, Frankfurt and Istanbul tomorrow afternoon which could connect to lots of places.

leg 3 was morocco

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #721 on: October 10, 2017, 05:20:33 PM »
Hello everyone.

I've been reading here for years, and really appreciate all you guys!  There, in long ago TAR days used to be other sites with great spoilers, spec, sightings, and timelines, but now?  I have to say you are the best.  Thanks!

Now my first post is pure spec, but here goes.  I keep coming back to they left Europe, went to Africa (Morocco) which clicks off another continent for them quite easily.  But WHY go back to Europe right after that?  From south to north in other words?  So, many possible reasons including cool travel arrangements or easier travel arrangements, but I would be pretty surprised if they then headed back again?

So, I'm guessing an eastward leg next, and that brings up the old favorite, India, with possibly one more stop in between?

Just a thought, and yes, I realize anything is possible.  I hope we get some new sightings soon.

Welcome Seastars!, and thank you for the kind words!

I agree on another stop. This is the best time of year to go to NEPAL, so I have convinced myself we are finally going there. To do that would almost certainly require a stop in India...Mumbai would work, esp if Cape Town enters the picture. (PURE SPEC)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #722 on: October 10, 2017, 05:28:34 PM »

My thinking:

10/8 - leg 4 in St. Tropez
10/9 - leg 5 in Arles
10/11 - teams travel somewhere for leg 6
10/12 - leg 6 in somewhere

Phil films his standup before...then races to keep ahead. Generally does not hang around the following day.

The reason for an extended PitStop could be the flight I posted. That particular one is not a DAILY flight. So hold them back to make it work.

Again ...spec. They could equally well head to SO Africa or India...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #723 on: October 10, 2017, 05:55:05 PM »
Sorry if I missed this, but do we have confirmation about when the Arles intro was filmed?  A specific date or time?  I've looked but can't find one.

Offline Dzony95

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bring TAR to Serbia!!! (That is Serbian TAR logo)
« Reply #724 on: October 10, 2017, 06:03:18 PM »
Since we don't know when was that video in Arles is taken, there's MAYBE a possibility that Arles was a 1st part of a leg in France (Marseille airport->Arles->St. Tropez) and, again, MAYBE both cities were included in one leg.

Got ths thinking only because France is overused, and there's no other evidence in Arles.