Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 795140 times)

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #625 on: October 09, 2017, 05:57:33 PM »
"Considering you made it work at the end" translates to me as they completed the speed bump and made it to the mat in time or caught up with the pack. I think nba and lifeguards are safe at this point.

I think it is safe to say the NBA players are safe I wouldn't rule out the Lifeguards being eliminated just yet though..

Phil is always nice so him saying "somehow you made it work and lets not forget you had a speed" might just be him making excuses for them almost getting last again..

somehow made it work could = barely managed to scrape by.

It's impossible to say really, if only the video was 10 seconds longer.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #626 on: October 09, 2017, 05:58:30 PM »
The camo hat appears to be in this photo also. http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,33374.msg1207545.html#msg1207545
but it looks like someone in the crowd, and not a racer.

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #627 on: October 09, 2017, 06:00:09 PM »
Yea you're right that's not cody that's a Grey camo hat. He wouldn't be standing in back of two teams on the mat too

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #628 on: October 09, 2017, 06:00:50 PM »
Nothing has been spotted from Leg 5 of the race yet..

But yes, fellow Jody fans  :ghug: unless there was a leg in between Tangier, Morocco and Saint Tropez, France . They have made it to at least Leg 4 in Saint Tropez.. How the teams did on that leg we won't know yet until we spot teams in leg 5

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #629 on: October 09, 2017, 06:02:23 PM »

But yes, fellow Jody fans  :ghug: unless there was a leg in between Tangier, Morocco and Saint Tropez, France . They have made it to at least Leg 4 in Saint Tropez.. How the teams did on that leg we won't know yet until we spot teams in leg 5

I know I read on twitter that they made it to leg 5. I was like huh where???

Offline Malvear867

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #630 on: October 09, 2017, 06:04:34 PM »
Just because we have not seen them france Doesn't mean they don't  make it to leg 5
I also see people reporting on twitter that Jody made it to leg 5? Where is that information? Didn't see them in France at all

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #631 on: October 09, 2017, 06:06:01 PM »

I think it is just people assuming things with no evidence now that they found out the basketball players had a speedbump and there was a previous Non elimination leg. 

I mean yes that would likely mean Jody made it to France but it doesn't necessarly mean they completed France same could be said for Violinists and Debaters who we have not seen..

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #632 on: October 09, 2017, 06:07:39 PM »
Yes agreed ^

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #633 on: October 09, 2017, 06:08:25 PM »
I know we can jump to conclusions. But we saw jody violinetnist and yale together in past legs. I know the race can change the order at any moment, but if they all managed to stick with eachother, there is a reason we havent seen all 3 of them at all during this leg. Id say 75% they finished before these other teams were sighted or 25% they fell behind.

the new sighting of the bball players having the speedbump just prooves more that they were probably in the lower half of the teams checking into the pitstop. Teams with speedbumps usually are at the disadvantage

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #634 on: October 09, 2017, 06:08:59 PM »
I’m pretty sure Phil was commenting on the difficulty they had with the specific task- maybe loading something onto a boat and/or traveling on that boat somewhere? At very least it sounds like something where their height/weight would be at a disadvantage

I think Phil’s comments are more directed at the task than the leg as a whole, then he added the speed bump comment on top of that

I don’t even know if it confirms them actually having difficulty with the task in question, let alone the entire leg

For all we know, they could have crushed the task despite their size disadvantage, and Phil was amazed by that fear enough to comment on it

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #635 on: October 09, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »
We re not sure if this is leg 4 or 5, I think 4 but we don't know 100%.

But look at it this way.

If the NBA team had a speedbump, they were LAST in the last leg.

So if Jody was not last in the last leg, then they were in France.

Happy news for the fans!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #636 on: October 09, 2017, 06:11:07 PM »
I know we can jump to conclusions. But we saw jody violinetnist and yale together in past legs. I know the race can change the order at any moment, but if they all managed to stick with eachother, there is a reason we havent seen all 3 of them at all during this leg. Id say 75% they finished before these other teams were sighted or 25% they fell behind.

the new sighting of the bball players having the speedbump just prooves more that they were probably in the lower half of the teams checking into the pitstop. Teams with speedbumps usually are at the disadvantage

Teams are never bunched together for the majority of he race. Even for a few legs. We saw them for a 5 second photo

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #637 on: October 09, 2017, 06:13:48 PM »

!) Unlikely teams would be together over two legs. Doesn't happen.

2) NBA could have been first.  The guys in TARCanada went to first despite a speedbump, it happens.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #638 on: October 09, 2017, 06:14:18 PM »

I think it is just people assuming things with no evidence now that they found out the basketball players had a speedbump and there was a previous Non elimination leg. 

I mean yes that would likely mean Jody made it to France but it doesn't necessarly mean they completed France same could be said for Violinists and Debaters who we have not seen..
It could go for any of the teams really. Just because we see them checking into the pit stop doesn't mean they are safe. Only team we know for sure that made it to leg 5 is NBA rest is just speculation. For all we know  NBA,lifeguards, twins could have been the last three teams and it was a foot run to the pit stop jmo.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #639 on: October 09, 2017, 06:14:24 PM »
For all we know , Leg 5 hasn’t started yet.

Someone gets eliminated in Leg 4 (Saint Tropez)

Basketball seems to be the only one we can say is safe and through to Leg 5 for now.

Jody
Indy500
Debaters
Violinists
Twins
Lifeguards
Skiers
Eaters

Have all made it to Leg 4 in Saint Tropez but we don’t know who got eliminated yet.

(Unless there was a leg between Morocco and Saint Tropez.. then that messes it up)

Offline Malvear867

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #640 on: October 09, 2017, 06:16:50 PM »
I agree^^^^

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #641 on: October 09, 2017, 06:18:31 PM »
The photo of the Eaters- is it safe to assume they were in proximity of the pit stop, since all other photos from that post were at that location?

If so, why were they standing off to the side from it (almost like lurking in the shadows)?

Did they already check in, and are kinda just hanging out nearby (seems like Basketball hung around the pit stop after they finished)?  Are they waiting out a penalty? Waiting to check in?

It doesn’t seem like they’re racing at that point, in their photo

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #642 on: October 09, 2017, 06:21:17 PM »
Looks like Kristi and Jen  in the photo made it to St. Tropez too. I bet it's them. if you look at the shirt's color Kristi used,  it's the same from the starting line.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #643 on: October 09, 2017, 06:21:30 PM »
 I think the one thing that looks relatively much more likely now is that The Yoga Ladies probably went out in Leg 2.

:torche :torche :torche

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #644 on: October 09, 2017, 06:25:59 PM »
Regarding the lady that took a picture with the bball team on the mat: would production have allowed that while the leg was still going on? Also how long do teams hang around the pit stop after they finish?

Not new to TAR but new to this side of things. :)

They don't hang around at all generally. They are rapidly whisked away to do their post leg interviews...and then to food and wherever they are staying.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #645 on: October 09, 2017, 06:30:41 PM »
Peach, why do you still question that this might have been leg 5 rather than 4?

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #646 on: October 09, 2017, 06:31:44 PM »
Those are the Lifeguards next to the NBA players on the mat.  (if you match the backpack to her)
But Skiers did make it to St Tropez according to the earlier photo they were with the Indy drivers.
So Yes you are right kinda.
Always have an attitude of gratitude. :)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #647 on: October 09, 2017, 06:33:00 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaBw3gEDnNN/

My French is rusty (non-existent, actually), but I take it the greeter is named Sasha?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #648 on: October 09, 2017, 06:38:22 PM »
Peach, why do you still question that this might have been leg 5 rather than 4?

Since there was a NEL, it is less likely for sure.

But I have to see the exact times to be sure.

Like I said, I think France was Leg 4. But haven't had time to sit and count out the hours...will wait on oval. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #649 on: October 09, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »
Seems a little too tight for another leg. And now that we know there was a Speed Bump that pretty much nulls the idea of a Keep Racing this early on.