Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790272 times)

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #550 on: October 09, 2017, 02:04:31 PM »
Not seen doesn't mean eliminated. Look what just happened with the skiers so we don't technically know. I would say most likely ring girls are but yoga moms who knows

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #551 on: October 09, 2017, 02:07:43 PM »
The guy in the grey cap is Cody.  The backpack is the same one Cody has been carrying all along.   :conf:
Quoting from LIVE, because that is not the place for these posts.

That is definitely not Cody. Indy racers and skiers.
Refer to this screencap for the same hat Alex Rossi of team Indy was wearing earlier in the same leg.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #552 on: October 09, 2017, 02:10:15 PM »
So all we may know is yoga mom and ring girls got eliminated leg 1 and 2
And we are still unsure who got eliminated leg 3
Correct

Since we saw all of the teams at the Amsterdam train station (except for Ring Girls) at the start of Leg 2 , we can assume they were out first and it’s wasn’t a NEL

Since we have seen every remaining team except for the Yoga Moms in Leg 3 (Morocco) and the Skiers survived til atleast Leg 4 France...

This would mean that the Yoga Moms were out Leg 2 Belgium unless it was  a NEL

Now we need to figure out who was eliminated Leg 3 Morocco if it was an elimination leg.. there’s a chance it’s could be the Yoga moms but only if leg 2 was NEL.. otherwise, if there have been no NEL so far.. one of Jody, Debaters, Violinists or Eaters would have had to of gone home on Leg 3 (if it  was an elimination leg)

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #553 on: October 09, 2017, 02:19:21 PM »
I just think it's weird that the 3 teams that haven't been seen were right next to each other in Morrocco in the gnome challenge.. (Violinists, Debate, Jody)..

It is always possible they were ahead of these other teams in France before they were spotted and the pictures started being taken correct?

Really we will probably have to wait until the next leg to hopefully find out some more info on these teams and start putting the puzzle together.

Offline G~Ann

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #554 on: October 09, 2017, 02:24:08 PM »
I just think it's weird that the 3 teams that haven't been seen were right next to each other in Morrocco in the gnome challenge.. (Violinists, Debate, Jody)..

It is always possible they were ahead of these other teams in France before they were spotted and the pictures started being taken correct?

Really we will probably have to wait until the next leg to hopefully find out some more info on these teams and start putting the puzzle together.

Agree. Also the Violinists had so sort of disadvantage in the Morrocco leg didn't they. Red clue card? Could have slow them down.
Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son's eyes and realize I've already created one.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #555 on: October 09, 2017, 02:25:04 PM »
I agree it’s weird seeing that but you have to take into account other things. Were there more tasks after the gnome task?

How close were those teams from finishing the gnome task?

What position were they in when those pictures were taken? (What teams were ahead and what teams were behind)

Was there a fast forward in play?

Was there a UTUrn in play?

Was it a NEL?

Once the leg ends and the teams head to their next destination , most of the time they get all bunched up again at some point and then it just depends on how well they complete the tasks given to them. Quite often , teams that almost went Home will go on to win the next leg or be at the front of the pack.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:29:13 PM by Calibound2 »

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #556 on: October 09, 2017, 02:26:16 PM »

Agree. Also the Violinists had so sort of disadvantage in the Morrocco leg didn't they. Red clue card? Could have slow them down.

The red clue card is a specific task called a “Roadblock” which only one team member may perform. Hence why Cody, Evan, other twin and other violinist aren’t in the picture

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #557 on: October 09, 2017, 02:26:34 PM »

That's a roadblock clue. :groan:

Also, there's no logic behind thinking that 4 teams who were together and one point in the race will stay in that group for the duration of the race. They will not.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #558 on: October 09, 2017, 02:29:31 PM »
The facts are even though we saw a couple of the teams in france spotted we dont know what place they are in! Jody/Yale/Violenists could have easily gotten a earlier flight than this group we saw spotted! They do that sort of stuff all the time.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #559 on: October 09, 2017, 02:37:24 PM »

Also, there's no logic behind thinking that 4 teams who were together and one point in the race will stay in that group for the duration of the race. They will not.

If they were the first 3 teams to finish the Morrocco leg than they would be the first 3 teams to at least start the challenge in France.

Nobody said they were bunched together but if they were ahead of the other teams in France than that might be why we haven't seen pictures of them.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #560 on: October 09, 2017, 02:41:38 PM »
No, u can't automatically assume first 3 teams to finish one leg will be first 3 teams to start the tasks on the next leg.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #561 on: October 09, 2017, 02:41:50 PM »
Just because a team finishes a challenge first on one leg.. doesn’t mean they will get to the challenge first on the next leg..

Transportation and other factors..

We don’t even know that those 3 teams finished the gnome task .. for all we know they are still there trying to figure it out

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #562 on: October 09, 2017, 02:45:39 PM »
Nobody is assuming anything.. This is all merely speculation which I believe is in the subject title for this thread..

I know the first three teams to finish a leg don't always start first but it doesn't have to be always for a theory to be correct it just had to happen this time and sometimes it does..

As someone else mentioned perhaps they got an earlier flight.. Perhaps they got a later flight and are behind all the other teams.. Who knows.

I was just throwing out a plausable idea.

Offline G~Ann

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #563 on: October 09, 2017, 02:46:10 PM »

Something tell me I should not post here. Thanks for the :groan: and making me feel so welcome to the site Marionete. I'll just lurk.
Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son's eyes and realize I've already created one.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #564 on: October 09, 2017, 02:48:38 PM »

My money is on the yale jody and violenist they seem very strong and I wouldnt be surprised if they have an alliance helping eachother.  :conf:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #565 on: October 09, 2017, 02:53:47 PM »

Something tell me I should not post here. Thanks for the :groan: and making me feel so welcome to the site Marionete. I'll just lurk.

If this is your first season, it's understandable if you don't know the mechanics of the game yet :)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #566 on: October 09, 2017, 02:56:03 PM »
Nobody is assuming anything.. This is all merely speculation which I believe is in the subject title for this thread..

I know the first three teams to finish a leg don't always start first but it doesn't have to be always for a theory to be correct it just had to happen this time and sometimes it does..

As someone else mentioned perhaps they got an earlier flight.. Perhaps they got a later flight and are behind all the other teams.. Who knows.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean...If I'm typing quickly, I'm going to get right to the point. Speculation  begins with an assumption, and that can be dangerous! Sure teams can reach the first task on the next leg IF things go perfect. And I think - particularly in this case, travel between Tangier & Saint-Tropez was messy.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #567 on: October 09, 2017, 02:58:28 PM »

Careful... not all speculation is welcomed in the speculation thread... no matter the logic. Jody, Violinists, and Debaters have consistently been in the front pack, so your theory holds a lot of strong logic behind it. Doesn’t mean it’s fact, just means it’s strongly possible and makes sense

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #568 on: October 09, 2017, 03:01:19 PM »
Jody, Violinists, and Debaters have consistently been in the front pack

? Proof please?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:05:30 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #569 on: October 09, 2017, 03:04:28 PM »

You and every other TAR newbie are VERY welcome here.

We were all newbies once, myself included. I could not begin to post a link or a picture and the whole team helped me. If they had not taught me research and other  detective skills I would not be here today. I will always be grateful to them all.

ALL eyes are welcome. Questions are fine!! That's how we learn. :ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #570 on: October 09, 2017, 03:05:24 PM »
Any speculation on what couple appears in the background of photo of Shawn at airport? this is at the Charles de Gaulle Airport and it appears they are departing—like Shawn Marion—is this before or after St. Tropez? My close up would not attach.
I’m new at this so any tutorial would help.
Lots of time but no experience.
Always have an attitude of gratitude. :)

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #571 on: October 09, 2017, 03:08:48 PM »

Don’t ever feel like you aren’t welcome here. I’ll be happy to explain some of the clues you might see in the race :)

When teams get their clues at the beginning of the leg, or for completing certain tasks, they will be given yellow clue envelopes that say “Amazing Race” on them.

There are a number of different clues that can be inside.

“Route Info” is a blue colored clue. These are usually the clues that help the teams find their next destination. “Fly to Reykjavic Iceland and go to _____ and look for _____” . Once they get to the location, sometimes they have to complete a task or find someone  before getting their next clue. Other times, the clues will be in a box waiting for them to grab.

Jessica with a “Route Info” clue

“Detour” is a yellow colored clue. This is a choice between 2 tasks each with their own pros and cons. So each team chooses one of the 2 tasks to complete. (If there is a UTUrn on the leg and a team has been UTUrned, they will have to complete BOTH detour tasks). An example for this would be something like “Jump or Hike” where the Jump Task is scarier but can take less time to finish. The hike task is something not as scary but could take longer (bungee jumping vs. Hiking down a cliff)

“Roadblock” is a red colored clue. This is a task that only one team member may perform. They get a brief hint/clue about what the task will be and then have to decide which teammate will complete the task before opening the rest of the clue and finding out what they have to do. This one is entertaining because sometimes teams will think it is going To be one thing and ends up being the opposite . (Example, a team member afraid of heights might be tricked into doing the task thinking it has nothing to do with heights when in actual fact it ends up being something that does have to do with heights)

Violinist with a “Road Block” clue

“Fast Forward” is a green colored clue. This is an OPTIONAL task that is not required that each team has the opportunity of completing only once during the race. It will show up in some of the clue envelopes. Once you complete a fast forward task, that team can go directly to the pitstop for that leg without completing any of the other tasks. Once a team completes the fast forward, they can’t use it again so they must do it wisely when they really need it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:21:20 PM by Calibound2 »

Offline Seamonkey

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #572 on: October 09, 2017, 03:09:48 PM »
In NY, did Phil mention the Express Pass?  Do we know if that is in play this season?

That could be a possible factor..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #573 on: October 09, 2017, 03:14:50 PM »
Any speculation on what couple appears in the background of photo of Shawn at airport? this is at the Charles de Gaulle Airport and it appears they are departing—like Shawn Marion—is this before or after St. Tropez? My close up would not attach.
I’m new at this so any tutorial would help.
Lots of time but no experience.

Welcome!! This pic?

Facebook post of Shawn Marion in the Paris Airport yesterday. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1705989989413848&set=a.1200659149946937.1073741828.100000085898685&type=3&theater

The guy in the back is not a racer...may be production though...

Check out our support thread. We do have some instructions there on how to attach a picture...bottom line is it cant be too big.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #574 on: October 09, 2017, 03:16:36 PM »
In NY, did Phil mention the Express Pass?  Do we know if that is in play this season?

That could be a possible factor..

Not that I heard. He also did not say ____ # countries, ___miles which surprised me. But he was not on a mic and had a very hoarse voice, so possible I missed it.
RFF's Golden Rule: