Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790280 times)

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #500 on: October 09, 2017, 09:56:00 AM »
THey aren’t even confirmed to be blue gnome things!! And 8 teams aren’t confirmed!!

If they were, you would have posted this convo in the live sightings thread.

And if the 8 blue holders represented 8 teams as you say it did.. why were the other 4 gnomes already missing.. you told us that the teams pictures were the first teams he saw.

Can you see why this is making it hard to update the timeline if we are given conflicting info.

The half picture of the supposed Twin? He is wearing exactly the same thing as he was in the roadblock in Tangier. I won’t jump down the throats of people who provide solid evidence

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #501 on: October 09, 2017, 09:59:42 AM »
THey aren’t even confirmed to be blue gnome things!! And 8 teams aren’t confirmed!!

And if the 8 blue holders represented 8 teams as you say it did.. why were the other 4 gnomes already missing.. you told us that the teams pictures were the first teams he saw.

Can you see why this is making it hard to update the timeline if we are given conflicting info.

The half picture of the supposed Twin? He is wearing exactly the same thing as he was in the roadblock in Tangier. I won’t jump down the throats of people who provide solid evidence

you're claiming I said things that I obviously haven't. honestly not worth continuing to explain because I've said the same thing over and over and you just don't care to understand.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #503 on: October 09, 2017, 10:02:44 AM »
SO just to confirm Dan,

It is just speculation that these 8 blue things on the top of the building are for the roadblock task?

If this WAS true. There could be 9th one to the right of the picture.

Also, if these were in fact “Gnome Holders”, where are the remaining ones  to be picked up for the teams that “havnt arrived yet” according to your poster

We can’t  just assume the number of decorations on the top of a building in a picture amount to the amount of teams left in the race.

Photos and eye witnesses only
I never claimed they were gnome holders, only that he took a pic of them so they must be relevant.. and the blue things having only 8 just was confirmation to what he saw with his own eyes, you nor I were there, that there were only 8 teams.

We can assume and speculate a lot, hint what this thread is for. Someone speculated some random half pic of a guy who seemed bald was a twin in this thread... I don't see you jumping down his throat even though that assumption is laughable.

I actually made this speculation because I was trying to help out with the collective effort of trying to find all the teams. Not just one. I don't appreciate you calling my efforts laughable. You've made some pretty outrageous claims yourself. I was basing off a photo not a person who may have seen some teams

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #504 on: October 09, 2017, 10:05:17 AM »

you're claiming I said things that I obviously haven't. honestly not worth continuing to explain because I've said the same thing over and over and you just don't care to understand.

Then show us the convo that you had with the eyewitness so we can clear everything up. It will help us seperate the fact from the speculation. Please.

Did you not say that the 8 blue things were gnome holders?

Did you not say that the eyewitness told you the teams were doing the gnome task after the fish task?

Did you not tell us that the eyewitness saw 8 teams only?

Did you not say that the teams pictured were the first 4 teams to get to the task?

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #505 on: October 09, 2017, 10:08:58 AM »
SO just to confirm Dan,

It is just speculation that these 8 blue things on the top of the building are for the roadblock task?

Also, if these were in fact “Gnome Holders”, where are the remaining ones  to be picked up for the teams that “havnt arrived yet” according to your poster

We can’t  just assume the number of decorations on the top of a building in a picture amount to the amount of teams left in the race.

I never claimed they were gnome holders, only that he took a pic of them so they must be relevant.. and the blue things having only 8 just was confirmation to what he saw with his own eyes, you nor I were there, that there were only 8 teams.

We can assume and speculate a lot, hint what this thread is for. Someone speculated some random half pic of a guy who seemed bald was a twin in this thread... I don't see you jumping down his throat even though that assumption is laughable.

I actually made this speculation because I was trying to help out with the collective effort of trying to find all the teams. Not just one. I don't appreciate you calling my efforts laughable. You've made some pretty outrageous claims yourself. I was basing off a photo not a person who may have seen some teams

I never said you were laughable. I’m trying to find out the race and not just the placements of the teams I favor. I want to know how it plays out entirely. Unless we have 100% accurate info we can’t make correct assumptions.

We have all been assuming a couple of things as fact because you told us the eyewitness told you they were true.

1. The blue things were gnome holders and involved with the task
2. There were only 8 teams
3. The teams came to that task after the Fish task at the pier
4. The teams we saw in the picture got there first

If these are just speculations, then it doesn’t mean they are true. We appreciate all speculation but when we are being told that an eye witness is making these claims then we find out they are just guesses/speculation it just makes everything more complicated.

I’m sorry if you feel like I’m victimizing you

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #506 on: October 09, 2017, 10:11:15 AM »
SO just to confirm Dan,

I never said you were laughable. I’m trying to find out the race and not just the placements of the teams I favor. I want to know how it plays out entirely. Unless we have 100% accurate info we can’t make correct assumptions.

We have all been assuming a couple of things as fact because you told us the eyewitness told you they were true.

1. The blue things were gnome holders and involved with the task
2. There were only 8 teams
3. The teams came to that task after the Fish task at the pier
4. The teams we saw in the picture got there first

If these are just speculations, then it doesn’t mean they are true. We appreciate all speculation but when we are being told that an eye witness is making these claims then we find out they aren’t true it just makes everything more complicated.

I’m sorry if you feel like I’m victimizing you

No no sorry not you. I was talking to the other use @dangambler who said that. I agree with everything you are saying.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #507 on: October 09, 2017, 10:18:31 AM »
I’m sorry if anyone feels like they are being personally victimized in this thread. As you can see, we take this very seriously as speculation helps us to figure out what is happening in the race. The only issue is when speculation is confused as being fact and then the rest of us have a hard time figuring out the truth with conflicting statements. Everyone is welcome here.

Photos and Eyewitness claims should be well documented before we claim anything is fact <3

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #508 on: October 09, 2017, 10:26:29 AM »
I’m sorry if anyone feels like they are being personally victimized in this thread. As you can see, we take this very seriously as speculation helps us to figure out what is happening in the race. The only issue is when speculation is confused as being fact and then the rest of us have a hard time figuring out the truth with conflicting statements. Everyone is welcome here.

Photos and Eyewitness claims should be well documented before we claim anything is fact <3

Yes agreed! And it would be nice if we all focused on all of the times instead of just trying to piece together information for just one. It is confusing and setting us back more

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #509 on: October 09, 2017, 10:27:19 AM »
What about Marseille airport?

Greater distance but shorter travel time to and from it

David is Marseille Airport an International Airport? If so very plausible.

Yes!

On top of that, plenty of flights to CDG which could open possibilities further (as well as Frankfurt, Munich, London, Amsterdam, Rome, Milan, Barcelona and Madrid)

Most other flights were back to North Africa or additional cities in France, BUT there were a couple direct flights East (several to Istanbul, as well as one to Prague, Athens, and even Tel Aviv

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #510 on: October 09, 2017, 10:46:13 AM »
I'm more than happy with people starting their search by looking for Jody sightings- it helps us plot the course really well!

But, to help us get a more well-rounded view of what is happening throughout, let's not stop just with that.

Someone find Jody at an airport, or racing through a town/city?  Great!  Did that person see other teams too?  Could the teams be identified by some of our MANY AMAZING photos of the teams, if they did see others?  Could the person explain exactly what they saw/what the teams were doing/where they were going?

Coming to these eyewitnesses with clear and concise questions, and not bombarding them/overwhelming them can often yield wonderful results beyond just the initial sighting

Keep hunting for the teams (including Jody)!  Don't get discouraged!  Be open to working with others to deciphering the sometimes minimal leads/information we get!  And be okay with being wrong sometimes (I know I can be fairly often)!

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #511 on: October 09, 2017, 10:49:49 AM »
I'm more than happy with people starting their search by looking for Jody sightings- it helps us plot the course really well!

But, to help us get a more well-rounded view of what is happening throughout, let's not stop just with that.

Someone find Jody at an airport, or racing through a town/city?  Great!  Did that person see other teams too?  Could the teams be identified by some of our MANY AMAZING photos of the teams, if they did see others?  Could the person explain exactly what they saw/what the teams were doing/where they were going?

Coming to these eyewitnesses with clear and concise questions, and not bombarding them/overwhelming them can often yield wonderful results beyond just the initial sighting

Keep hunting for the teams (including Jody)!  Don't get discouraged!  Be open to working with others to deciphering the sometimes minimal leads/information we get!  And be okay with being wrong sometimes (I know I can be fairly often)!

Very well said! :hoot:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #512 on: October 09, 2017, 10:55:11 AM »
Regarding the photo attached to your post...
I have definitely seen this pic before, but perhaps only glanced at it, because those tiny stands look really unsafe for the huge Travelocity gnomes. ???
Like, I'd be surprised if production decided to actually store them there, where they can easily fall down, especially if a team accidentally pushed it while picking up. And those things can break easily I assume! :lol:

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #513 on: October 09, 2017, 11:01:57 AM »
Regarding the photo attached to your post...
I have definitely seen this pic before, but perhaps only glanced at it, because those tiny stands look really unsafe for the huge Travelocity gnomes. ???
Like, I'd be surprised if production decided to actually store them there, where they can easily fall down, especially if a team accidentally pushed it while picking up. And those things can break easily I assume! :lol:

Right? Nowhere in the caption did the eyewitness say it was for the task. So unless we get proof of the eyewitness saying those blue things were for the gnomes, we can put that down as speculation. And then that would mean that there weren’t 8of them specifically  for 8 teams and so on..

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #514 on: October 09, 2017, 11:10:19 AM »
I think those blue things on top of the roof have nothing to do with the task, they're more of home decorations. To me it looked like some random bird's eye view of houses in Tangier. ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #515 on: October 09, 2017, 11:13:36 AM »
OKAY GUYS!!!

1) Fabulous conversations...weeding thru the facts is how we work here! And questioning every detail makes for great detecting!!

2) There are to be NO/ZERO/ NO attacks or personal comments to other RFF members. No you are rude/no nothing!! If you are posting "YOU ARE" then stop and reassess that post because YOU  are then also in violation of our rules.

3) This is not twitter. RUDENESS is not tolerated. If there is a real problem use report to moderator button and I will handle it.

4) Stop bashing the BB fans. Many of them are here to help/follow/enjoy the TAR Detective work and process and are extremely WELCOME. Only a few BB superfans are using illegal techniques and it is not our job to police that.  So make our new members welcome please.

5) READ MY SIG. TAKE IT TO HEART. You will never get in trouble for a friendly articulate detecting post. That's why we are here.But you damn well may be if you are RUDE  or DISRESPECTFUL to another member.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

SO be kind to each other. We are ALL #TARFamily now. Families can disagree. But we stand together.

:tu to EVERYONE searching/questioning/detecting/evaluating data. That is what makes this a great site and I value and appreciate you ALL!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #516 on: October 09, 2017, 11:17:48 AM »
Teams are not seen with Gnomes at the Fish task. SO makes perfect sense that that task comes after. Right?

**back to detecting**
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #517 on: October 09, 2017, 12:53:10 PM »
What a surprise, the Pro Freestyle Skiers resurface.  :conf: They're with the Indy 500 Racers. It is possible that the Goat Yoga Instructors are eliminated in either Belgium or Tangier.

As taken from the collage of this user:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaCSXkcBHkp/?taken-by=jassy___n_n
(c) jassy___n_n
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:17:08 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #518 on: October 09, 2017, 12:58:50 PM »
The Skiers are still in it!

Which means there were 9 teams (or 10 if Belgium was NEL)  in the Morocco Leg..

Yoga moms were eliminated in Belgium (unless it was a NEL)

This means, if Morocco and Belgium WERENT NEL — Jody, Eaters, Debaters and Violinists are at risk of being eliminated in Leg 3 (Morocco) — if Belgium WAS a NEL then that’s the only way the Yoga Moms are still in it and we could add them to the list of at risk teams

Indy, Twins, Basketball, Skiers, Lifeguards are spotted on Leg 4/5 in France so far
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:06:38 PM by Calibound2 »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #519 on: October 09, 2017, 01:00:38 PM »
I think its leg 3 (Morocco) and leg 4 ( France) now.

Leg 5 is next?
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #520 on: October 09, 2017, 01:08:45 PM »
I think its leg 3 (Morocco) and leg 4 ( France) now.

Leg 5 is next?

Agreed!

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #521 on: October 09, 2017, 01:12:11 PM »
Great detective skills!!! So they only teams not spotted in saint tropez and since morocco were

Debaters
Jody
Violinists
Eaters

Correct?

YAY FOR THE SKIERS!!  :hoot:

Offline Malvear867

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #522 on: October 09, 2017, 01:13:39 PM »
Lifeguard and twin have not been spotted in France

This means, if Morocco and Belgium WERENT NEL — Jody, Eaters, Debaters and Violinists are at risk of being eliminated in Leg 3 (Morocco) — if Belgium WAS a NEL then that’s the only way the Yoga Moms are still in it and we could add them to the list of at risk teams

Indy, Twins, Basketball, Skiers, Lifeguards are spotted on Leg 4/5 in France so far

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #523 on: October 09, 2017, 01:15:13 PM »
Lifeguard and twin have not been spotted in France

Lifeguard was in the pit stop picture with nba. And we believe the other was a twin

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #524 on: October 09, 2017, 01:15:27 PM »
Great detective skills!!! So they only teams not spotted in saint tropez and since morocco were

Debaters
Jody
Violinists
Eaters

Correct?

YAY FOR THE SKIERS!!  :hoot:

Yes that’s correct.. we assume #RingGirls were last to reach the pitstop Leg 1
We assume #YogaMoms were last to reach the pitstop Leg 2

If Belgium was a NEL though the Yoga Moms could still be racing but would be at risk of not making to to France Leg 4 with the 4 teams mentioned above