Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790444 times)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #475 on: October 09, 2017, 08:00:41 AM »
The blue "holders" are permanent architectural features, and as such, you can bet there are more to the right out of frame of that picture. At this point I doubt they were used at all. The film set up was just that - camera vantage. It does not mean the teams had to go up there. IF the 8 team i correct, then a FF in play???

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #476 on: October 09, 2017, 08:10:07 AM »
The blue "holders" are permanent architectural features, and as such, you can bet there are more to the right out of frame of that picture. At this point I doubt they were used at all. The film set up was just that - camera vantage. It does not mean the teams had to go up there. IF the 8 team i correct, then a FF in play???

or just the much easier and logical answer of just being 8 teams....

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #477 on: October 09, 2017, 08:11:52 AM »
Sue, dunno can't be sure. But with a FF production would have to assume no one might go for it, or even go for it and later bail for the regular course.

I wonder if we consider someone way behind... then would match with sighter only seeing 8 teams?

Does anyone remember what production did in TAR 11/12/23/other seasons when teams screwed up their flights so bad they couldn't even run the leg? Wonder if they'd just set up for 8 teams and cut the team before they even start a leg... has that ever been a thing? I sense this is heading into wild spec territory too, but it is driving me bonkers because I'm not seeing a logical explanation.

That was my thinking as well - there would be 9 gnomes available, if only as to NOT tip off other teams or spoilers.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #478 on: October 09, 2017, 08:17:34 AM »
I also echo the 9 gnomes thinking.

There's a reason why there are always more clues than needed. They're contingencies and spoiler-proofing.

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #479 on: October 09, 2017, 08:18:48 AM »
Ok, haven't seen this posted but I'll share this speculation..

the eaters were eliminated in Tangier.

Thought process....

Ok, Tangier was leg 4. Logically I think they had 2 legs in Tangier. 1 that finished in Tangier after a flight from Amsterdam, and then the next day locally. The gentleman who took pictures and watched said he only saw 8 teams and there were only 8 blue gnome holders so 3 teams had been eliminated.. (ring, yoga and skiers I believe).

He also said that group of 4 (Jody,twins,debaters,violinists) were the first 4 teams, and that they made their way to where he was from the docks where we saw the teams as well. So the pit stop I believe was nearby.

So, how does this factor into the eaters being eliminated?

In France we have seen NBA, lifeguards, and Indy only. 3 of the last 4 teams in Tangier. Leaving out the eaters. So, I think it makes a lot of sense they would've been eliminated in Tangier.

Why haven't we seen the other 4 teams? My thinking is two fold, 1. they may have likely been on an earlier flight than NBA, Indy and lifeguards. 2. NBA team is very noticeable as 6'10 black dudes and so the teams arriving around the same time as them are also seen as well.

Also.. for those questioning timeline... realize we still have 2 likely non elimination legs as well as long flights ahead. I think from France they head to either Australia or Asia which will be long extended flights.
:groan:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #480 on: October 09, 2017, 08:19:38 AM »

Never said there weren't only 8 teams. I'm sorry if you are feeling annoyed, but this is how we work out problems. Please do not make assumptions. There could be reasons he only saw 8 teams.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #481 on: October 09, 2017, 08:37:12 AM »
What about Marseille airport?

Greater distance but shorter travel time to and from it

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #482 on: October 09, 2017, 08:39:48 AM »
Thought process....

Ok, Tangier was leg 4. Logically I think they had 2 legs in Tangier. 1 that finished in Tangier after a flight from Amsterdam, and then the next day locally.

I literally do not see anything to support this. The flight from AMS landed at 8PM on 10/05. We have sightings of teams at the fish dock in the AM (~7AM) on 10/06. You're telling me they ran two legs and had a pitstop in the space of less than 12 hours?

A KOR I would consider but then that would leave us with 9 teams and not 8 on your proposed leg 4.

I'm not gonna even continue with the rest of those wild speculations.

wild speculations? I presented reasoning and logic to backup everything

Maybe I'm not understanding correctly, so help me out.

If we're adamant that there's exactly 8 teams left for our spoiled leg in Tangier, then why did we/do we not know exactly who all 8 teams are? Wouldn't one of the first questions to the sighter be to find out who the rest of the teams are? I mean we have a ton of photos from the start for all 11 teams to help him ID who he saw. Why did our team spend a lot of today looking at grainy pics in Saint-Tropez trying to decipher which other teams are still in it if the Tangier sighter that you spoke to knew who was still in?

I don't want you to take this as a personal attack, I just question every bit of info we get. Something with this 8 teams in Tangier is conflicting with our timelines and it isn't sitting right with me.

well I frankly only cared about where Jess and Cody were in the race and once he said those were the first 4, and they came to where he was from the docks, I didn't follow up to ask about the other 4... but when I saw the pic of the 8 blue things I assumed it was 8 teams, and then he said he saw 8 teams so I took that as confirmation.

What you said above is exactly the problem we have here. You made it clear you only care about Jess and cody and not the other teams. Maybe your speculation should be moved to that Jody section because we all are here to collectively find out info of the race and ALL the racers. That's great you guys are passionate about finding your one team but I see the questioning on these people's social media pages about only this one team and we are scaring them off to the point they stop answering all together. Georgia and oval work hard to find the timeline and summary of the race and racers not just the positioning of one team.

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #483 on: October 09, 2017, 08:40:32 AM »

Never said there weren't only 8 teams. I'm sorry if you are feeling annoyed, but this is how we work out problems. Please do not make assumptions. There could be reasons he only saw 8 teams.

Spot on  :)

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #484 on: October 09, 2017, 08:48:10 AM »
Thought process....

Ok, Tangier was leg 4. Logically I think they had 2 legs in Tangier. 1 that finished in Tangier after a flight from Amsterdam, and then the next day locally.

I literally do not see anything to support this. The flight from AMS landed at 8PM on 10/05. We have sightings of teams at the fish dock in the AM (~7AM) on 10/06. You're telling me they ran two legs and had a pitstop in the space of less than 12 hours?

A KOR I would consider but then that would leave us with 9 teams and not 8 on your proposed leg 4.

If we're adamant that there's exactly 8 teams left for our spoiled leg in Tangier, then why did we/do we not know exactly who all 8 teams are? Wouldn't one of the first questions to the sighter be to find out who the rest of the teams are? I mean we have a ton of photos from the start for all 11 teams to help him ID who he saw. Why did our team spend a lot of today looking at grainy pics in Saint-Tropez trying to decipher which other teams are still in it if the Tangier sighter that you spoke to knew who was still in?

I don't want you to take this as a personal attack, I just question every bit of info we get. Something with this 8 teams in Tangier is conflicting with our timelines and it isn't sitting right with me.

well I frankly only cared about where Jess and Cody were in the race and once he said those were the first 4, and they came to where he was from the docks, I didn't follow up to ask about the other 4... but when I saw the pic of the 8 blue things I assumed it was 8 teams, and then he said he saw 8 teams so I took that as confirmation.

What you said above is exactly the problem we have here. You made it clear you only care about Jess and cody and not the other teams. Maybe your speculation should be moved to that Jody section because we all are here to collectively find out info of the race and ALL the racers. That's great you guys are passionate about finding your one team but I see the questioning on these people's social media pages about only this one team and we are scaring them off to the point they stop answering all together. Georgia and oval work hard to find the timeline and summary of the race and racers not just the positioning of one team.

Let Georgia and whoever search and ask and find out all they can, Jody fans are doing the same.. It was a Jody fan who found them in France so I wouldn't ostracize them too much... And fwiw the person I asked had no idea who I was searching for, rather by his answer of their positioning and how many teams he saw I got the answers I was seeking.

Offline Dzony95

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bring TAR to Serbia!!! (That is Serbian TAR logo)
« Reply #485 on: October 09, 2017, 08:50:00 AM »
Is this TAR at all?
(posting from the phone)

EDIT: Okay, checked team pictures, this is not TAR I guess... BTW, picture was taken near Bled Lake in Slovenia (beautiful place for filming TAR)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:56:49 AM by Dzony95 »

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #486 on: October 09, 2017, 09:07:52 AM »
Thought process....

Let Georgia and whoever search and ask and find out all they can, Jody fans are doing the same.. It was a Jody fan who found them in France so I wouldn't ostracize them too much... And fwiw the person I asked had no idea who I was searching for, rather by his answer of their positioning and how many teams he saw I got the answers I was seeking.

Once again taking all the credit for everything. Enough already. You are ostrizing yourself by trying to find one team and asking for only one team. There are other racers. That is what this site is all about.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #487 on: October 09, 2017, 09:17:03 AM »
SO wait... you’re saying that a lot of the “spoilers” we have for the Morocco Leg were just speculations you made based off of answers you received from someone who posted pictures of the team running the Leg?

Here’s the issue..

The gentleman only took pictures of the 4 teams we saw. No one has mentioned whether the blue things on top of the building have anything to do with the task or not.

If the gentleman took pictures of the teams doing the roadblock, where are the other photos?
How do we know that the teams came from the task that we saw them doing at the pier? How come we aren’t taking into account that this task could be before the fish detour?

If these teams were really the first 4 teams he saw, why not take pics of the others that came after? (Because there’s a chance that the other teams already came before the ones he pictured)

The genetleman who provided pics wouldn’t have all of this information about what place the teams are in or which task came first  as it was a different person who posted stuff at the pier.!

Then you have to take into account the UTurns, transportation and issues with task.

When you post “facts” make sure to back it up with photo evidence

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #488 on: October 09, 2017, 09:23:09 AM »
Thought process....

Once again taking all the credit for everything. Enough already. You are ostrizing yourself by trying to find one team and asking for only one team. There are other racers. That is what this site is all about.

taking credit for everything? where did I claim this? I stated the fact that a Jody fan found them in France. I also stated I didn't ask for 1 team.  :chute:

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #489 on: October 09, 2017, 09:24:45 AM »
Thought process....

taking credit for everything? where did I claim this? I stated the fact that a Jody fan found them in France. I also stated I didn't ask for 1 team.  :chute:

Right above you said:

"well I frankly only cared about where Jess and Cody were in the race and once he said those were the first 4, and they came to where he was from the docks, I didn't follow up to ask about the other 4"

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #490 on: October 09, 2017, 09:26:27 AM »
SO wait... you’re saying that a lot of the “spoilers” we have for the Morocco Leg were just speculations you made based off of answers you received from someone who posted pictures of the team running the Leg?

Here’s the issue..

The gentleman only took pictures of the 4 teams we saw. No one has mentioned whether the blue things on top of the building have anything to do with the task or not.

If the gentleman took pictures of the teams doing the roadblock, where are the other photos?
How do we know that the teams came from the task that we saw them doing at the pier? How come we aren’t taking into account that this task could be before the fish detour?

If these teams were really the first 4 teams he saw, why not take pics of the others that came after? (Because there’s a chance that the other teams already came before the ones he pictured)

The genetleman who provided pics wouldn’t have all of this information about what place the teams are in or which task came first  as it was a different person who posted stuff at the pier.!

Then you have to take into account the UTurns, transportation and issues with task.

I posted what the guy said because I asked him. you're a wee bit emotional about this eh? I never claimed it to be fact, I said it was speculation and reasonable logic. Im sorry if those two things don't sit well with you

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #491 on: October 09, 2017, 09:28:59 AM »
SO just to confirm Dan,

It is just speculation that these 8 blue things on the top of the building are for the roadblock task?

If this WAS true. There could be 9th one to the right of the picture.

Also, if these were in fact “Gnome Holders”, where are the remaining ones  to be picked up for the teams that “havnt arrived yet” according to your poster

We can’t  just assume the number of decorations on the top of a building in a picture amount to the amount of teams left in the race.

Photos and eye witnesses only

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #492 on: October 09, 2017, 09:29:31 AM »
Is this TAR at all?
(posting from the phone)

EDIT: Okay, checked team pictures, this is not TAR I guess... BTW, picture was taken near Bled Lake in Slovenia (beautiful place for filming TAR)

what if cam check equipment

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #493 on: October 09, 2017, 09:31:39 AM »

Here’s the issue..

I posted what the guy said because I asked him. you're a wee bit emotional about this eh? I never claimed it to be fact, I said it was speculation and reasonable logic. Im sorry if those two things don't sit well with you

THank you for admitting it. That’s all that we were wanting here. When we get conflicting facts it makes it hard to correctly figure out the race

Offline G~Ann

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #494 on: October 09, 2017, 09:32:13 AM »
What about Marseille airport?

Greater distance but shorter travel time to and from it

David is Marseille Airport an International Airport? If so very plausible.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:37:08 AM by G~Ann »
Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son's eyes and realize I've already created one.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #495 on: October 09, 2017, 09:48:51 AM »
SO just to confirm Dan,

It is just speculation that these 8 blue things on the top of the building are for the roadblock task?

Also, if these were in fact “Gnome Holders”, where are the remaining ones  to be picked up for the teams that “havnt arrived yet” according to your poster

We can’t  just assume the number of decorations on the top of a building in a picture amount to the amount of teams left in the race.

I never claimed they were gnome holders, only that he took a pic of them so they must be relevant.. and the blue things having only 8 just was confirmation to what he saw with his own eyes, you nor I were there, that there were only 8 teams.

We can assume and speculate a lot, hint what this thread is for. Someone speculated some random half pic of a guy who seemed bald was a twin in this thread... personal comments removed
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:46:19 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #496 on: October 09, 2017, 09:50:40 AM »
SO just to confirm Dan,

I never claimed they were gnome holders, only that he took a pic of them so they must be relevant.. and the blue things having only 8 just was confirmation to what he saw with his own eyes, you nor I were there, that there were only 8 teams.

We can assume and speculate a lot, hint what this thread is for. Someone speculated some random half pic of a guy who seemed bald was a twin in this thread... I don't see you jumping down his throat even though that assumption is laughable.

personal comments removed
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:43:06 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #497 on: October 09, 2017, 09:50:55 AM »

Here’s the issue..

THank you for admitting it. That’s all that we were wanting here. When we get conflicting facts it makes it hard to correctly figure out the race

you have no facts, and I never claimed fact though I at least have an eye witness account to support my reasoning... you're suggesting theres a mythical 9th blue gnome thing that we have no basis of knowing is in existence.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #498 on: October 09, 2017, 09:52:38 AM »
SO just to confirm Dan,

We can assume and speculate a lot, hint what this thread is for. Someone speculated some random half pic of a guy who seemed bald was a twin in this thread... I don't see you jumping down his throat even though that assumption is laughable.

at least let them be somewhat based on something...

For example, based on an eye witness account.... not a blurry image where you can't see anything other than a slightly bald head.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:43:45 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #499 on: October 09, 2017, 09:55:37 AM »

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:44:44 AM by georgiapeach »