Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 794957 times)

Offline James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #425 on: October 08, 2017, 05:10:45 PM »
Just my opinion but those camera guys don't look like the same ones in all the other stuff. Doesn't appear that they could run with the contestants for miles. Just saying. And the photo with the big "boom" for sound above and stuff - I don't think they bring that around the world. This seems like it's for something else.

They totally can outrun most contestants. They also bring the boom mic everywhere they go. It's part of their travel pack and will pull it out when we can't be on mic (ex: when you are in a bathing suit or skimpy outfit).

Offline thebasketmakerswife

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • talbottaylor.com
« Reply #426 on: October 08, 2017, 05:18:03 PM »
Just my opinion but those camera guys don't look like the same ones in all the other stuff. Doesn't appear that they could run with the contestants for miles. Just saying. And the photo with the big "boom" for sound above and stuff - I don't think they bring that around the world. This seems like it's for something else.

They totally can outrun most contestants. They also bring the boom mic everywhere they go. It's part of their travel pack and will pull it out when we can't be on mic (ex: when you are in a bathing suit or skimpy outfit).

Oh okay! Good to know!! Just didn't look like the camera guys from New York at all.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #427 on: October 08, 2017, 05:27:15 PM »
Possible twin being filmed?

Same, little bit better quality (because of details)

I’m going to say Phil

In the photo with #basketball and what could be #lifeguards standing next to each other, they’re lined up and facing a blonde woman who appears to be a pit stop greeter

Hard to see, but standing next to her (obscured by cameraman), looks like could (and should) be Phil

He’s wearing a dark top with brown pants, the same as this picture

It also looks like Phil’s dusty blonde hair here

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #429 on: October 08, 2017, 05:37:30 PM »

I’m going to say Phil

In the photo with #basketball and what could be #lifeguards standing next to each other, they’re lined up and facing a blonde woman who appears to be a pit stop greeter

Hard to see, but standing next to her (obscured by cameraman), looks like could (and should) be Phil

100% NOT Phil. He does not have a bald spot. A little blurry but this is from the Start--totally different cut.:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dzony95

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bring TAR to Serbia!!! (That is Serbian TAR logo)
« Reply #430 on: October 08, 2017, 05:37:43 PM »

Great minds think alike! :tup:

Via SLOWHATCH above:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,33373.msg1207574.html#msg1207574

My bad I didn't looked older posts  :groan:
I actually just did google search by that "La Renaissance" cafe  :D

Offline mildwall

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #431 on: October 08, 2017, 07:01:17 PM »

I’m going to say Phil

100% NOT Phil. He does not have a bald spot. A little blurry but this is from the Start--totally different cut.:

Ha. I dont think so. There's another photo and the clothes' color highly matches with each other.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #432 on: October 08, 2017, 07:15:41 PM »
Hmmm. Clothes match. Hair sure looks different. (to me,) ???

Thanks for the pic!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #433 on: October 08, 2017, 07:16:13 PM »

Great minds think alike! :tup:

Via SLOWHATCH above:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,33373.msg1207574.html#msg1207574

My bad I didn't looked older posts  :groan:
I actually just did google search by that "La Renaissance" cafe  :D

The more help the better! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #434 on: October 08, 2017, 07:19:29 PM »
Hmmm. Clothes match. Hair sure looks different. (to me,) ???

Thanks for the pic!

I think the weird lighting is throwing things off in that pic, the trees are blocking the sunlight, but it’s still sneaking through in patches- you can see bright patches on camera crews clothing as well

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #435 on: October 08, 2017, 07:24:37 PM »
Weird the ones spotted together doing the Gnome challenge in Morroco are no where to be seen in France.

I wonder if  Debaters, Violinists, Jody, Twins are all still close together in this race? Maybe they all finished before Basketball players or maybe they were all behind them?

Offline Jruffo15

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #436 on: October 08, 2017, 07:27:50 PM »
Makes me wonder if NBA players were last.  Do they usually have time to pose for pictures after check in.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #437 on: October 08, 2017, 07:39:21 PM »
Makes me wonder if NBA players were last.  Do they usually have time to pose for pictures after check in.

Depends.  One of the eyewitnesses in Iceland saw teams doing post-leg interviews not too far from the pit stop, other times they're whisked away to a hotel or other location to do so.

Offline Jruffo15

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #438 on: October 08, 2017, 07:41:35 PM »
Thank you, I’ve watched the show for years but have never been on this board before.  It’s all new to me but exciting to follow.

Offline Dzony95

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #439 on: October 08, 2017, 07:54:28 PM »

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #440 on: October 08, 2017, 08:01:25 PM »
Look at photo above.  This is not Phil because it looks more like the shorter guy standing next to Phil with jeans and Nike shoes.
Always have an attitude of gratitude. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #441 on: October 08, 2017, 08:01:27 PM »
Okay, I cave. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dzony95

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #442 on: October 08, 2017, 08:05:52 PM »
Also by looking at today pictures of St. Tropez, I noticed at least 3 dfferent helicopters, so that could be the way they reached city.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #443 on: October 08, 2017, 08:06:33 PM »

Usually the eliminated team is kept separated from the others, have their interview and are PDQ heading to sequester. I don't think I have ever seen an eliminated team posing with a fan. My guess is NBA is safe. That pic definitively shows the MAT as well.

And welcome! We are glad you are here.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #444 on: October 08, 2017, 08:08:38 PM »
So the destination routes looks like this:

New York City -> Reykjavik -> Antwerp (via Schiphol train from Amsterdam) -> Tangier -> ??? -> St. Tropez?

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure you forgot Kym & Alli on their sightings that they might be gone earlier but you're surprised they made it to Leg 9 in S25.    :)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #445 on: October 08, 2017, 08:40:19 PM »
Also by looking at today pictures of St. Tropez, I noticed at least 3 dfferent helicopters, so that could be the way they reached city.

It's 840 miles as the crow flies from Tangier to St. Tropez, so that seems too far to be taking helicopters. There was probably not enough time for ferry boats, so airline flights are likely.

If you're talking about getting from Marseille to St. Tropez, it seems like a lot of expense for little purpose. I'd think it would be ideal for self driving with great scenic views. Most likely helicopters were used to get aerial views, especially if they were on yachts doing sailing. Just a guess on my part. I have no evidence they did any sailing.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #446 on: October 08, 2017, 08:42:30 PM »
My two cents is that Saint-Tropez is only Leg 4. This race has for all recent seasons run on a 21 day schedule, with a leg being filmed over a course of two days (one for travel, one for running the actual leg). The only time I've seen a difference is when they stay in the country and don't need a whole travel day. Looking at the timeline we have, there doesn't appear to be time a mystery leg would have been thrown in, with them being sighted in a city every other day: Reykjavik (Oct. 2), Antwerp (Oct. 4), Tangier (Oct. 6), Saint-Tropez (Oct. 8). I could be wrong here and they somehow did sneak something in there, but I don't buy it.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #447 on: October 08, 2017, 08:52:12 PM »
It would be pretty cool to have them take a ferry from Tangier to Gibraltar ,do a route marker there and then drive from Gibraltar to Saint-Tropez.
It's a 17h hour drive... so maybe if they left yesterday and arrived late last night. That would make France only leg 4 tho...

I think it would give this leg old-school vibes, from when they had super long legs (aka the driving from Portugal to Morocco in season 4)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #448 on: October 08, 2017, 08:53:25 PM »
If it is, I wonder when the first 2 leg country is coming. Would rather it not be France...

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #449 on: October 08, 2017, 10:06:25 PM »
Well, there are limited flights from Tangier to Casablanca per week, as the teams would most likely board a train from Tanger Morora to Casa Voyageurs in Casablanca, then flight to Nice via Paris CDG.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 10:16:42 PM by claude_24hrs »