Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 794947 times)

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2017, 01:19:45 PM »
Would be really cool if they visited that place - never heard of it but looks stunning!
However, the travel for leg 5 would probably be too difficult then. ???

They would just travel back to Tangier and fly out from there

It seems to have decent connections to major European hubs

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #251 on: October 06, 2017, 01:24:44 PM »
so we still are not sure if this is leg 3 or 4? 

I heard somewhere that the Ring girls and Yoga Moms are eliminated. 

So far this leg the Racers, Debaters, Violinists, Twins, Jody and Basketball players have all been spotted.

The only teams not seen are the lifeguard couple, the eaters, and skii girls? 

Those 3 (possibly 2 if this is the 4th leg) seem like they would be the weakest teams left so I wonder if they are behind..

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #252 on: October 06, 2017, 01:31:50 PM »
No . The only teams not seen so far this leg are #skiers #yogamoms #lifeguards #indy500 (although they checked in for leg 2 and were seen ahead of other teams) and #ringgirls (obviously)

If you factor in Pit stop rest periods and getting into Antwerp late at night and Tangier later at night (the racers would get bunched up and do the tasks the next day in the morning)

This is Leg 3

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #253 on: October 06, 2017, 01:37:57 PM »
Do we think this TAR will be visiting all seaside cities, similar to the island theme of TAR 25?

Is Gibraltar in play? It's right across the Strait.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #254 on: October 06, 2017, 01:41:31 PM »
I think we need to look closer at that video, I think there are more teams there. Not seen does not mean eliminated,  We have had teams reappear suddenly 5 or 6 legs later.

We are sorta looking through a periscope here, we def don't see everything!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2017, 02:12:12 PM »
No . The only teams not seen so far this leg are #skiers #yogamoms #lifeguards #indy500 (although they checked in for leg 2 and were seen ahead of other teams) and #ringgirls (obviously)

If you factor in Pit stop rest periods and getting into Antwerp late at night and Tangier later at night (the racers would get bunched up and do the tasks the next day in the morning)

This is Leg 3

ok cool.. Is it safe to assume this leg is now over and they are on rest period before leg 4 starts?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »

This is Leg 3

ok cool.. Is it safe to assume this leg is now over and they are on rest period before leg 4 starts?

Well based on the clues seen in racers' hands, we've already had a Roadblock and Detour for this leg, could have been a third ARI task. Quite possibly. It's after 8:00 in Tangier now, it'd be getting dark.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #257 on: October 07, 2017, 05:04:40 AM »

I talked with the guy who was in morocco and posted those pics... and according to him they started at the docks and then went to the gnomes. The first 4 teams he saw were the picture with jess, debaters, emts,and violinists.. Also he said he only saw 8 teams which makes me think it was indeed leg 4. And further evidence of this is he has a picture with 8 blue structures which I assumed was significant. (most assumed it was leg 3 just because we had no intel the day prior)

And now that I take a closer look, I think I see the Twins in the first capture. Next to #Basketball and one of the team members is carrying both bags. Idk though there’s so much going on and apt of the people in the pic are production.

I’m wondering if it’s 2 teams per Station. I want to know if this took place before or after the Roadblock w/ gnomes pics we saw.

Other teams (aside from eliminated contestants) could be at the other detour .. or ahead or behind

If I take other seasons in account, there’s a good chance they have to bring the gnomes to Phil at the pit stop. Which would mean the roadblock happened AFTER the teams running to get to the cartons of fish (gnomes aren’t visible)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 08:08:50 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2017, 07:02:34 AM »
hmmm Im still not sure about how it would be Leg 4.

The Race started on 10/1. The teams landed in Reykjavic, Iceland on 10/2. They finished the leg in the afternoon.
Teams weren't spotted until the afternoon of 10/3 at the Keflavic Airport (after their mandatory rest period). Keep in mind that Phil and production have to be one step ahead of the racers as far as filming and set up goes. Also, the teams are required to have a great chunk of rest time between legs/travel. Sometimes the amount of time they have for rest depends on the itinerary for the next leg/flights and travel accomodations.

Teams arrived in Amsterdam the evening of 10/3 and then headed to the train station to take a late train to Antwerp, Belgium. They arrived really late on 10/3 and due to filming and HoO type stuff (they were heading to a SHOP in Antwerp) the leg wouldnt be until 10/4 in the morning which checks out with the daylight we saw in pictures (teams wearing fry costumes). Assuming the guests checked in during the afternoon on 10/4, they wouldnt leave the pit stop and start the next leg until 10/5 in the morning at least.

This goes along with our sighting of the Debaters at the Amsterdam airport on 10/5. You have to think about travel time to get to the airport from Antwerp and other teams possibly went to other airports to catch flights to Tangier (we know that the Debaters are still bunched with the other teams because we spotted Henry at the roadblock in Tangier with a couple of the other teams). The flight from Amsterdam to Tangier didnt land until late 10/5 meaning once again due to filming and HoO type stuff, the tasks for leg 3 couldnt really be completed until 10/6 which checks out with the pictures we saw of the race on 10/6 (the cartons of fish at the pier/roadblock with gnome)

It's not really possible for there to have been another leg in that time. Correct me if im wrong

If the guy that spotted the teams really didnt see a 9th team, that could mean a number of things. Remember, if we dont physically see a team checking in last place, it's all just speculation. The gentleman who posted the photos didn't mention that the blue structures had anything to do with the task did he?

But the team/s he didn't spot could have done the other detour or been far ahead or far behind or he just didnt recognize them . If he was keeping an eye on the tasks/teams the whole time, he would have posted more pictures. No?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 07:15:19 AM by Calibound2 »

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2017, 07:14:54 AM »
hmmm Im still not sure about how it would be Leg 4.

The Race start on 10/1. The teams landed in Reykjavic, Iceland on 10/2. They finished the leg in the afternoon.
Teams weren't spotted until the afternoon of 10/3 at the Reykjavic Airport. Keep in mind that Phil and production have to be one step ahead of the racers as far as filming and set up goes.

Teams arrived in Amsterdam the evening of 10/3 and then headed to the train station to take a late train to Antwerp, Belgium. They arrived really late on 10/3 and due to filming and HoO type stuff (they were heading to a SHOP in Antwerp) the leg wouldnt be until 10/4 in the morning which checks out with the daylight we saw in pictures (teams wearing fry suits). Assuming the guests checked in during the afternoon on 10/4, they wouldnt leave the pit stop and start the next leg until 10/5 in the morning at least.

This goes along with our sighting of the Debaters at the Amsterdam airport on 10/5. You have to think about travel time to get to the airport from Antwerp and other teams possibly went to other airports to catch flights to Tangier (we know that the Debaters are still bunched with the other teams because we spotted Henry at the roadblock in Tangier with a couple of the other teams). The flight from Amsterdam to Tangier didnt land until late 10/5 meaning once again due to filming and HoO type stuff, the tasks for leg 3 couldnt really be completed until 10/6 which checks out with the pictures we saw of the race on 10/6 (the cartons of fish at the pier/roadblock with gnome)

It's not really possible for there to have been another leg in that time. Correct me if im wrong

Yes, my thinking is that they had a pit stop either before or  once landing in Tangier.... again the key to this is the fact the person present only saw 8 teams and we went a day without knowing where they were so it’s been very possible they had a 3rd leg and were on their 4th yesterday

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #260 on: October 07, 2017, 07:38:49 AM »

Downtimes can be 6-8 to 24 hours. Usual is about 12. 
They may have been able to squeak in another leg somewhere. I'll have to look. Iceland? ??? Dunno. Gibralter could have been fast.

But the blue structures are posted upstream here ^^^ so agree there could only be 8 teams left this leg. Possible, not confirmed.
But inclined to believe this so we need to explore all options!!

Our remaining FF teams have not been seen (skiers, yoga) so there is that. HUGE bummer if we lost all 3 FF teams first.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2017, 07:42:14 AM »
I found some more information about the Tangier leg and a possible additional task from someone who apparently allowed part of the leg to be filmed at her location. There were two messages (translated from Italian):

Today could be the last day of shooting of The Amazing Race Morocco "from our terraces, two staff boys, especially appreciated the Italian cappuccino that I passed from our kitchen terrace. good day at all

and a second message:

And voila :) , thanks to all of you friends, that we are sure you will be in this new adventure <3

Goodbye friends, with great pleasure once again we share with you an event that is being held today in our big house in Tangier, on our terraces will turn an episode of the famous The Amazing Race, the shooting of today will be a competition between athletes who they will launch with ropes from our terraces, which are the tallest, on other homes located in in Medina below us .... for over a month we are involved in this beautiful adventure, the movie troupe has arrived directly from Hollywood, supported by the film directors of our Studios in Ouarzazate located south of Morocco between the Sahara dunes

It sounds like the teams rappelled or climbed down ropes to the Medina, which is the labyrinth of alleyways, both commercial and residential inside the walls of a 15th-century Portuguese fortress.

Here's a picture that was posted that seems to be where the filming took place.

Depending on when this picture was posted, this could be from Leg 4 (?) taking place today?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2017, 07:53:17 AM »
The information I found and that picture was posted just over 24 hours ago, so it had to have been from the leg filmed yesterday. I'll add that to my other post in Live Sightings.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 08:10:26 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2017, 07:58:03 AM »
Why Tangier is giving two legs? That makes me unfair.

It is supposed only one leg within a population of 950,000 people. I checked in the sightings thread are Jody, #Basketball, #Eaters, #Twins, #YaleDebaters and #Violinists spotted in Tangier.

The only teams hadn't seen in Tangier are #Skiers, #Indy500, #LifeGuards or #YogaMoms (one of them are possibly eliminated in Antwerp).

The information I found and that picture was posted just over 24 hours ago, so it had to have been from the leg filmed yesterday. I\ll add that to my other post in Live Sightings.

As so, Leg 4 hasn't begun yet. So Gibraltar is totally small and unfair to visit there. Leg 4 would be going to start around Saturday late night/Sunday night Tangier time heading to Eastern Europe.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #264 on: October 07, 2017, 08:02:06 AM »
Claude I disagree with you.

Bottom line is THIS COULD BE LEG 4 OR LEG 3, we need to figure it out.

Fair doesn't mean a thing. :groan:

SO please do NOT word your spec as fact..we do not know right now.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #265 on: October 07, 2017, 08:04:42 AM »

Depending on when this picture was posted, this could be from Leg 4 (?) taking place today?

No. Morning of OCT 5. Tangier time.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #266 on: October 07, 2017, 08:06:52 AM »
Calibound summed it up very nicely.
I don't think there was time for another leg between Antwerp and Tangier.

As teams checked in in the afternoon of 10/04 in Belgium, and were then spotted a day later, it technically might have been a KOR, staying in Belgium for another leg. But I'm pretty sure we would've got sightings - the Antwerp leg was really well documented, even making Belgian TV!

The only other option is that maybe there was a leg on 10/05, and so Debaters flew there from Amsterdam. But it was reported they weren't in a rush. And there would be a very small timeframe to travel to Tangier and have tasks taking place on 10/06, even if this was a KOR.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #267 on: October 07, 2017, 08:11:18 AM »
The 8 blue things could have been Gnome stands? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #268 on: October 07, 2017, 08:16:31 AM »
Calibound summed it up very nicely.
I don't think there was time for another leg between Antwerp and Tangier.

As teams checked in in the afternoon of 10/04 in Belgium, and were then spotted a day later, it technically might have been a KOR, staying in Belgium for another leg. But I'm pretty sure we would've got sightings - the Antwerp leg was really well documented, even making Belgian TV!

The only other option is that maybe there was a leg on 10/05, and so Debaters flew there from Amsterdam. But it was reported they weren't in a rush. And there would be a very small timeframe to travel to Tangier and have tasks taking place on 10/06, even if this was a KOR.

Exactly. And the flight from Amsterdam to Tangier (that Debaters were waiting for) didnt arrive until after 8pm local time on 10/5. So my thoughts are that the leg had started that afternoon and finished the morning/afternoon of 10/6 in Tangier as the teams would have had to be stopped at some point due to HoO type task. Whether it be rapelling from that house or something else.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #269 on: October 07, 2017, 08:17:11 AM »
The 8 blue things could have been Gnome stands? ???

That makes more sense than my initial thoughts.  :funny:

I thought they were just added as decoration based off what the poster of the picture said

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #270 on: October 07, 2017, 08:18:08 AM »
Lets look at some pics again. This is the last frame of the video. NBA is running towards a station, I THINK there is another team there already.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #271 on: October 07, 2017, 08:24:47 AM »
Play with these, see if they help on ID's.

Ignore the numbers on the last two.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2017, 08:28:16 AM »

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #273 on: October 07, 2017, 08:37:10 AM »
What if the missing leg was split between locations?

In recent years the VAST majority of legs fall into this format: travel-tasks-pit stop

BUT that wasn’t always the case, especially so in the early seasons- some legs went tasks-travel-pit stop, and some even went tasks-travel-pit stop (S1L3- all tasks in Paris, then travel to Marseille for Pit Stop)

Tasks could’ve been started before we saw Henry/Evan at Schiphol, and finished when teams arrived in Tangier that night

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #274 on: October 07, 2017, 08:48:44 AM »
What if the missing leg was split between locations?

In recent years the VAST majority of legs fall into this format: travel-tasks-pit stop

BUT that wasn’t always the case, especially so in the early seasons- some legs went tasks-travel-pit stop, and some even went tasks-travel-pit stop (S1L3- all tasks in Paris, then travel to Marseille for Pit Stop)

Tasks could’ve been started before we saw Henry/Evan at Schiphol, and finished when teams arrived in Tangier that night

Its possible... but then again, the teams would have gotten into Tangier really late. And then you have to take into account the mandatory rest period. Teams were already doing tasks in Tangier early morning 10/6