Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790497 times)

Offline thebasketmakerswife

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • talbottaylor.com
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #200 on: October 05, 2017, 12:13:50 PM »
If the picture of Jody in the AMS airport was indeed posted immediately after the person ran into them, that would put them being there at 6am today

It seems likely that it was them catching a flight out for leg 3 as opposed to arriving a couple days ago for leg 2, since they seemed to be hanging around the airport; someone was able to spot that it was them, go get food and bring it to them- not likely something that could happen if they were trying to catch a train to Antwerp.

If it's accurate, it could give credence to Henry and Evan still being in the race, but also that they seem to be HOURS behind (and in danger of elimination)- unless every other team was stuck at the airport too, just on the other side of security
(different DAY--see previous posts)

It was not posted immediately. I contacted someone on Twitter who first said her friend just ran into #JODY and told her to try to convince him to post that picture. She responded directly to me yesterday and said I got him to post the pic. And I said "I saw!". So that was before Leg 2. She posted it 20 hours prior than today and he stated he met them the prior night. (Yes we know...it was taken by one of OUR members.)

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:22:14 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #201 on: October 05, 2017, 01:00:37 PM »
but don't you all think it is common sense to assume that if "they" are the only team spotted then they might be in trouble. yall need to STOP acting like you are the only ones who have seen this show. We are all TAR fans. I say The Debaters better grab their life vest.....cause its been punctured. See you NEVER>

FYI...im am here to entertain and see how good these "spoilers" are. so far I am NOT impressed...but i am open to be amazed.  ***STANNING TAR SHOW FOR LIFE***
What do you expect :lol: :lol:
No one here is like actually buying plane tickets to catch up with the racers, we're just all collecting sightings from locals and trying to fill the picture as much as possible.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: October 05, 2017, 03:43:24 PM »
Has this been posted? It shows Phil recording his intro for the Iceland pitstop.

https://web.stagram.com/p/BZ06F_YAm0t

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: October 05, 2017, 04:20:16 PM »
Has this been posted? It shows Phil recording his intro for the Iceland pitstop.

I'm thinking that might be the detour, with Katrin getting one side and the strongmen getting the other.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #204 on: October 05, 2017, 04:52:53 PM »
Well, if we don't see them again we'll know. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jesscahc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #205 on: October 05, 2017, 05:19:03 PM »
The strongmen were just for show. I relistened to the video I took. Katrin (in pink) asked them two questions:
1. What do us Icelanders call the drink known as black death? --> Brennivin
2. What is "žorskur lifur" --> cod liver oil
After answering correctly and drinking a shot of each, the strongmen then handed teams the clue, which tells them to make their way by foot to the pit stop.

I'm thinking that might be the detour, with Katrin getting one side and the strongmen getting the other.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2017, 06:34:45 PM »
Bilbao is a possible destination.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: October 05, 2017, 06:56:30 PM »
Well, if we don't see them again we'll know. :(

I'm getting the impression that they went to Africa. Remember last season when they went to Tanzania, it took some time before we found info and coincided when they finally reached Norway.

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #208 on: October 05, 2017, 07:01:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/Savanna06112697/with_replies

this twitter user claiming she saw several teams racing today in Flughafen, Frankfurt

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #209 on: October 05, 2017, 07:07:59 PM »
But Flughafen just means airport in German...there's no city specified, no?  *scratches head*

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #210 on: October 05, 2017, 07:09:28 PM »
Flughafen means airport btw :lol: So the Frankfurt thing is something you made up yourself, ShelbysHat.
Call me skeptical, but for someone to go out of their way to find some random race-related tweet to reply to, and then give such vague details, seems suspicious. The user hasn't tweeted in 3 months beforehand, and seems to be a big BB fan, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this news was fake.

Offline WorldTraveler

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #211 on: October 05, 2017, 07:12:26 PM »

Does anyone else feel like #Jody might be at an advantage if they have BB fans that are able to find them and offer them some help along the way?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:53:48 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #212 on: October 05, 2017, 07:17:06 PM »
Flughafen means airport btw :lol: So the Frankfurt thing is something you made up yourself, ShelbysHat.

yes, 6 years of studying German in school were wasted on me, i don't remember anything, i just assumed based on one of the first google search results
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flughafen

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: October 05, 2017, 07:20:09 PM »
That's kind of a relief, actually. Germany is the second most frequented country after France, it would taint this route a little.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #214 on: October 05, 2017, 07:23:24 PM »
Maybe Germany was an airport stopover ???

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: October 05, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »
Maybe Germany was an airport stopover ???

Probably. Frankfurt's a major European hub.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #216 on: October 05, 2017, 07:24:39 PM »
Call me skeptical, but for someone to go out of their way to find some random race-related tweet to reply to, and then give such vague details, seems suspicious. The user hasn't tweeted in 3 months beforehand, and seems to be a big BB fan, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this news was fake.

It's also the district of Frankfurt that holds the airport, hence the name: Frankfurt-Flughafen

The rest seems odd, but that actually does check out in terms of being an actual place on the map- whether teams were there or if this person is a troll remains to be seen

If it is true, I wouldn't be surprised if its some sort of connection onward to somewhere else

It could also bring credence to teams having multiple airport options to travel to- Debate opting for AMS, and Jody opting for FRA

We have seen similar situations in the past (TAR 14 flying into Germany or Italy and taking the train from either into Switzerland), so maybe?

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #217 on: October 05, 2017, 07:24:57 PM »

Does anyone else feel like #Jody might be at an advantage if they have BB fans that are able to find them and offer them some help along the way?

No, American BB isn't that well known around the world. And they would have to be pretty big brother fans in other parts to even recognize them to know who they are. They didn't last long Jessica was evicted pre jury and Cody the week after. There's bigger names on this cast like the Basketball team and Indy car drivers. If anyone has a leg up it's them imo.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:29:16 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #218 on: October 05, 2017, 07:39:38 PM »

What? There are BB superfans who follow MANY franchises worldwide + it began in Europe, not the US. They know who Jody are, trust me. The fact they didn't last long, IMO, actually led to their popularity. At first they were cheered by fans because they were seemingly the only ones playing for themselves & not Paul. After Jessica was evicted Pre-Jury, she campaigned for Cody for America's Favorite Player. They are being shipped hard. (Disclaimer: I am NOT a shipper - I don't care one way or the other, LOL)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:30:41 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: October 05, 2017, 08:07:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/Savanna06112697/with_replies

this twitter user claiming she saw several teams racing today in Flughafen, Frankfurt
fake

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: October 05, 2017, 09:05:15 PM »
Oh, no! Not the Frankfurt airport! Bad things always happen to teams there.
 :peek

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #221 on: October 05, 2017, 09:27:13 PM »
Bilbao is a possible destination.

Based on??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kayd2838

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #222 on: October 05, 2017, 11:07:35 PM »
this was posted on Twitter according to Google translate it's filapino. im not sure if it's referring to our amazing race I'm gonna try to ask. it translates to amazing race is at the airport

UPDATE: I apologize the tweet was lost in translation! Im new :groan: so I havent figured out how to delete this post, I did report it to the mod though as incorrect info.

:welcome: to RFF! No worries! We appreciate the eyes watching! :waves: --peach
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:40:03 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline muninayo

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • meow
« Reply #223 on: October 05, 2017, 11:21:13 PM »
^I understand Filipino...the tweet basically says she had an amazing race-like experience at the airport and that they made it...definitely not a TAR sighting...

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2017, 09:06:38 AM »
We lost them now  :spy: