Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 795698 times)

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #176 on: October 05, 2017, 07:14:14 AM »
Not necessarily.  They could easily be connecting to anywhere in Africa through the major hubs of London, Frankfurt, Madrid, Rome...
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #177 on: October 05, 2017, 07:15:26 AM »
What usually happens with the teams that are eliminated?

If Henry and Evan are the only ones spotted at the airport .......idk just a thought

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2017, 07:24:30 AM »
Bad weather has postponed/cancelled many flights right now.

Comment from our live sighter:

we definitely saw them at the departures, they were just standing near us, we noticed the backpacks and camera. We then followed them over to the tax free declaration queue which I believe is to get their Vat return, not positive. After that they wandered over to the departure screens and looked at the one I sent you. From there it seemed they had time, they were never rushing, and were just chilling. The blond woman walked off one way and the team went down towards arrivals, maybe just looking for a seat, I'm not sure.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2017, 07:28:20 AM »

If Henry and Evan are the only ones spotted at the airport .......idk just a thought

Eliminated teams do not generally travel with a camera/sound crew and a story producer. That is usually first or last team.

Unless they have brought back Elimination station? ???

And we don't know what parameters they are working under.... Perhaps others could have chosen Brussels vs AMS.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2017, 07:38:29 AM »

Eliminated teams do not generally travel with a camera/sound crew and a story producer. That is usually first or last team.

And we don't know what parameters they are working under.... Perhaps others could have chosen Brussels vs AMS.

Thank you!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2017, 07:49:22 AM »

Thank you!

This also popped into my mind when I saw the pics posted by Peach. If Henry & Evan are the only ones spotted at the airport. For me it could only mean 2 things either they are connecting via AMS to get to the destination of the sequester or connecting to get to another country since Amsterdam has lots of flights. ???

Offline AfreekNSheets

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2017, 09:47:50 AM »
but don't you all think it is common sense to assume that if "they" are the only team spotted then they might be in trouble. yall need to STOP acting like you are the only ones who have seen this show. We are all TAR fans. I say The Debaters better grab their life vest.....cause its been punctured. See you NEVER>

FYI...im am here to entertain and see how good these "spoilers" are. so far I am NOT impressed...but i am open to be amazed.  ***STANNING TAR SHOW FOR LIFE***

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2017, 09:55:25 AM »
The flights that stick out to me are the 2 LHR, Frankfurt, and CDG for good connections onward

OR Bilbao since there were a couple flights there

My issue is that all of the flights on that board seem to be departing around 2 hours from the time on the screen, and yet they're taking their time to get through security and such. Granted 2 hours is a good amount of time, but I alreqdy like to get passed security ASAP as it is, and if I were on the race that would prob be heightened; they're just chilling and taking their time- it just seems really odd

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2017, 09:58:01 AM »
We are glad to welcome any TAR fans! Have fun! AfreekNSheets

I agree. Seeing one team alone is always cause for either a lot of joy or a lot of concern. Many a team has run into trouble in Schiphol...remember when Brad and his wife got eliminated due to fog?

But! At least in the past...teams eliminated were not traveling with a camera crew.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline AfreekNSheets

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2017, 10:07:16 AM »
they are perhaps with a camera crew maybe because they are not eliminated but they are running last which means their travel still has to be documented until they've reached the end of the leg.

why didn't you ask the questions we all want to know...."were they the only ones?" and where were they headed? i came here for the juicy stuff not just not just fluff.

And thanks for welcoming me. the website is very hard to navigate (not-user friendly) but i am a quick learner ;-)

Offline TrustCluster

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2017, 10:10:28 AM »
they are perhaps with a camera crew maybe because they are not eliminated but they are running last which means their travel still has to be documented until they've reached the end of the leg.

why didn't you ask the questions we all want to know...."were they the only ones?" and where were they headed? i came here for the juicy stuff not just not just fluff.

And thanks for welcoming me. the website is very hard to navigate (not-user friendly) but i am a quick learner ;-)

If they are in Amsterdam however that is not a part of the second leg in Brussels - I am a gabrillion percent sure they got on the train to Antwerp Tuesday night so they definitely got there.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2017, 10:20:55 AM »
Looking at the flight details from Schiphol, the flights to LHR and Frankfurt were cancelled, but CDG and Bilbao were not but delayed at least an hour

I would think that since they didn't head to a ticket counter while our friend saw them, I would assume that they weren't on one of the cancelled flights

Offline AfreekNSheets

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2017, 10:23:30 AM »
So here's my theory (feel free to debunk it...but don't be RUDE).
There is only one crew spotted because the rest either already left on earlier flight or took different mode of transportation
camera crew are with them because every team are assigned their own (that's how TAR works)
if you are last or eliminated they are with you, whether they are still filming or they aren't needed any longer either.
Lastly, the spoiler never said they were filming it said they were with them.....so that's subject to interpretation.

anyway, we can assume they are last or eliminated.....or just good old SOL. 

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2017, 10:32:09 AM »
why are ruling out that they could be first? if they are alone couldnt this be the same reason. And if they were taking their time it could be because they had extra time because of that. A story producer also travels with the first team. Eliminated would mean no camera man whether he was filming them or not

There is only one crew spotted because the rest either already left on earlier flight or took different mode of transportation
camera crew are with them because every team are assigned their own (that's how TAR works)
if you are last or eliminated they are with you, whether they are still filming or they aren't needed any longer either.
Lastly, the spoiler never said they were filming it said they were with them.....so that's subject to interpretation.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2017, 10:40:07 AM »

Other teams could have taken a different route or several different routes. No reason to automatically assume they were last.
It is my understanding that crews are reassigned teams - I imagine TPTB want more experienced crews to continue if their team is eliminated. In addition, they aren't continually filming 100% of the time.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2017, 10:40:39 AM »
I was talking to someone on the production team while at the start line.

I was asking about production crews and if they switch or what things looked like, and he said they switch the crews that follow the teams each leg to try and limit advantages/disadvantages due to the crew's speed/efficiency

To me it would seem that they wouldn't need a crew any longer if they weren't racing, UNLESS it's for Elimination Station (which could be a *slight* possibility, given the teams on this season)

As I've been researching the flights, the reason why they could've been taking their time a bit is because MANY of the flights were either delayed or out-right cancelled today, potentially giving them several hours to wander around the airport before being even close to needing to check in

I'm leaning more towards that they took a gamble and could be in some trouble right now, but not eliminated yet

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: October 05, 2017, 10:43:02 AM »
Maybe the clue instruced teams to fly to wherever and could choose to use either Amsterdam or Brussels airport, unlikely but possible.

Offline thebasketmakerswife

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • talbottaylor.com
« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »
They appear to be talking to Production and I was under the impression that production cannot talk to them. Is that correct?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2017, 11:06:07 AM »
They appear to be talking to Production and I was under the impression that production cannot talk to them. Is that correct?

Apparently they can in certain situations. Scott from 29 said somewhere about how he made comments on recognizing the revisited tasks, but production actually didn't want him calling them "Switchbacks" for some reason.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2017, 11:09:16 AM »
Production is in charge of them and their safety at all times. They definitely talk. Not RACE but general instructions et all.

And :welcome: to you as well! I missed you before.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2017, 11:10:49 AM »
If the picture of Jody in the AMS airport was indeed posted immediately after the person ran into them, that would put them being there at 6am today

It seems likely that it was them catching a flight out for leg 3 as opposed to arriving a couple days ago for leg 2, since they seemed to be hanging around the airport; someone was able to spot that it was them, go get food and bring it to them- not likely something that could happen if they were trying to catch a train to Antwerp.

If it's accurate, it could give credence to Henry and Evan still being in the race, but also that they seem to be HOURS behind (and in danger of elimination)- unless every other team was stuck at the airport too, just on the other side of security

Sorry but that photo was taken in AMS PRIOR to going to Antwerp...NOT today.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:18:07 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2017, 11:15:15 AM »
If they're that far behind, it could also very well mean too that they quit a task in Antwerp and took a penalty. Which apparently goes: 30 minutes not following the clue, 2 hours ARI, 4 hours Roadblock, 6 hours Detour.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2017, 11:15:45 AM »
Jody in AMS was arrival before train to Antwerp, they were NOT seen today.

Only team seen today was the Debaters and the time was 1224 first pic.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TrustCluster

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2017, 12:09:11 PM »
Perhaps the other teams flew from Brussels airport or a smaller Dutch one (Maastricht/Rotterdam/Eindhoven)? It's purely guessing for now.