Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790422 times)

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #900 on: October 12, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
Don't forget once you use a u turn you can no longer use it again. So the next u turn that comes Jody can't use it

Not necessarily true. Used to only be one, Season 29 was not limited.

I thought you were only allowed to use the u turn again if it wa blind the first time

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #901 on: October 12, 2017, 02:19:05 PM »
People jumped to conclusion that Jody and Skiers were in the front because of the info that there were only two teams with females left and they were ahead of the pack. Now we know it's not true, Lifeguards and Debaters are still in it as well. From the available photos i don't see any proof that Jody are in front.
I think, most plausible scenario:

- Skiers show up to U-Turn first, freeze not sure what to do
- Debaters, Lifeguards, Twins catch up to them, all of them together decide not to use it
- Jody show up later, realize they are in the back of the pack and use U-Turn on Violinists to be safe

That's what I think as well. I don't think Jody swooped in that fast while the skiers were right there and hen everyone else showed up

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #902 on: October 12, 2017, 02:19:58 PM »
People jumped to conclusion that Jody and Skiers were in the front because of the info that there were only two teams with females left and they were ahead of the pack. Now we know it's not true, Lifeguards and Debaters are still in it as well. From the available photos i don't see any proof that Jody are in front.

- Debaters, Lifeguards, Twins catch up to them, all of them together decide not to use it
- Jody show up later, realize they are in the back of the pack and use U-Turn on Violinists to be safe

This makes the most sense from what we've seen.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #903 on: October 12, 2017, 02:20:03 PM »
Was Jody after the pack at the u turn? I'm confused because the board was blank when everyone was there and then they used it?
I don’t think so the hotel said Jody and the skiers were the first two teams to the clue and that they were four hours ahead of the last place team

If that was the first clue the leg usually is 4+ hours. If Jody was 4 hours ahead of everyone they could have crawled thru this leg and won, so may  not be accurate.

Also remember that ANYTHING can happen in 4 hours. WHat the order is at the start of a leg in no way reflects what the order will be at the end.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #904 on: October 12, 2017, 02:20:26 PM »
There is a picture of Jess and Cody on the other side of the hedge from the U-Turn, and no pictures are up yet.  This makes me think that at least one leg of the detour was at this location, and maybe Jody hasn't completed it yet.

In another picture it does look like the skiers are at the U-Turn with a bunch of teams looking on, but we can't see the actual picture area.  I would surmise that this happened after Jody U-Turned the violinists.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:49:31 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #905 on: October 12, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »

This is plausible too but I have seen teams go right by clues and U-turns too.  The girls seem like they fly right by it??
Always have an attitude of gratitude. :)

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #906 on: October 12, 2017, 02:23:10 PM »
Just playing devils advocate, whoever took the pic that close to the upturn board could have been a troll after the leg was over and put those pics up

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #907 on: October 12, 2017, 02:24:01 PM »

Definitely makes the most sense to me!

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #908 on: October 12, 2017, 02:24:36 PM »
Just playing devils advocate, whoever took the pic that close to the upturn board could have been a troll after the leg was over and put those pics up

I don't think production would let that happen honestly

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #909 on: October 12, 2017, 02:27:18 PM »
Every season you could use only one u-turn, blind or not, but in S29 you can use as many as you want as shown by Tara & Joey
Don't forget once you use a u turn you can no longer use it again. So the next u turn that comes Jody can't use it

Not necessarily true. Used to only be one, Season 29 was not limited.

I thought you were only allowed to use the u turn again if it wa blind the first time

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #910 on: October 12, 2017, 02:28:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/rebamay35/status/918555474827587590

This seems to detail the tasks, sorry if it was already posted, my computer is blocking some photos.

That Kafka task could be challenging.  (I had to save the photo and enlarge it there to read it.)  The article link didn't load for me.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #911 on: October 12, 2017, 02:28:35 PM »

They let a stranger with a camera get that close up to the board to take the pic so it's not impossible, other thing I was thinking was maybe prod was getting shots to explain the uturn like they usually do

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #912 on: October 12, 2017, 02:29:26 PM »
There is a picture of Jess and Cody on the other side of the hedge from the U-Turn, and no pictures are up yet.  This makes me think that at least one leg of the detour was at this location, and maybe Jody hasn't completed it yet.

In another picture it does look like the skiers are at the U-Turn with a bunch of teams looking on, but we can't see the actual picture area.  I would surmise that this happened after Jody U-Turned the violinists.

Is it possible to ask about time stamps on these pics?

I'm not very tech literate but there are ways to see location and time on photos-- do we have any time stamps on these photos?

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #913 on: October 12, 2017, 02:34:03 PM »
Do we know who was elimated in France?

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #914 on: October 12, 2017, 02:36:35 PM »

nope all we know is the teams we have not seen in this leg are NBA, Eaters, Race Car Drivers..

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #915 on: October 12, 2017, 02:38:41 PM »

This seems to detail the tasks, sorry if it was already posted, my computer is blocking some photos.

That Kafka task could be challenging.  (I had to save the photo and enlarge it there to read it.)  The article link didn't load for me.

That was a previous season. 🙄

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #916 on: October 12, 2017, 02:39:34 PM »

nope all we know is the teams we have not seen in this leg are NBA, Eaters, Race Car Drivers..

Well, there is this.  NBA in Rome?
https://twitter.com/TeamJessica15/status/918487779847426050

Offline Malvear867

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #917 on: October 12, 2017, 02:39:46 PM »
So all we know is the skiers got first? Right

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #918 on: October 12, 2017, 02:40:55 PM »

That was a previous season. 🙄

Yikes.  Sorry, and thank you!

Offline Cpt.Carnage

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #919 on: October 12, 2017, 02:41:03 PM »
Quote from: Seastars
Could be a red herring placed by production.

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #920 on: October 12, 2017, 02:44:13 PM »
Quote from: Seastars
Could be a red herring placed by production.

You mean they may have been decoy racers, since they are so widely recognized?  That was my thought too.  If you mean a completely fake tweet/photo by production and NBA is really in Prague?  Wow.

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #921 on: October 12, 2017, 02:44:52 PM »
I see the skiers getting clue card with the other teams and then see them all at the U-turn.  Yet they are seen by smiles90 running alone down that path and running to Phil & mat (alone?) no photos of other teams here.  Photos of Jody and Violinist around the same street (same photographer) so we can deduce same time-frame. Yet Jody gets to U-turn and uses it to turn Violinist because they are a threat to them.
We can assume if photos are taken is a same batch by the same photographer that it's probable that the timing is close too?

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #922 on: October 12, 2017, 02:45:26 PM »
How do we know they are first?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #923 on: October 12, 2017, 02:46:23 PM »

That's what I think as well. I don't think Jody swooped in that fast while the skiers were right there and hen everyone else showed up
Fact is, the information from the hotel that Jody were in front of the others by 4 hours doesn't make sense.
Maybe they meant that the were 4 hours in front of the last team. That MIGHT be right.

It's pretty based on photos that all of Skiers/Lifeguards/Debaters/Twins were close together, and Jody must have been behind Skiers, with violinists likely behind.

What do you mean?

What does this have to do with production? They were photos taken by a local, not production.

No, we don't know that.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #924 on: October 12, 2017, 02:47:15 PM »
Nba team was spotted in Rome at 1330 today according to Dm from guy who saw them.