Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 788603 times)

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2017, 06:24:02 PM »
I doubt there will be any new European country in next leg since they are in Iceland, unless they make some crazy connections (eg. s12 Lithuania to Croatia leg) which I doubt.

I think that next leg will be in Brussels, Belgium since there's direct flight, and Belgium is not visited in like 11 seasons.

I never thought of Belgium. That sounds like a reasonable idea but I would prefer Bruges.

Bruges is very reasonable to get to from Brussels- just about an hour via train

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2017, 06:30:38 PM »
Based on Jgilpat1's Instagram the Pit Stop was in front of the Iðnó Theatre on Lake Tjörnin.

Offline Dzony95

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bring TAR to Serbia!!! (That is Serbian TAR logo)
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2017, 06:31:18 PM »
Looking at possible connections, Luxembourg could be brend new European country...

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2017, 06:36:21 PM »
If production were thinking about going to Luxembourg, why not go to Germany which is cheaper, easier to produce since they've been there before, has similar visuals, and is easier to get into and out of especially if they're going to Africa somewhere farfetched on leg 3?

The Black Forest would be nice this time of year  :colors

eta: SPEC for Germany

Phil:
AB 3547 KEF TXL 0040 0605
AB 6577 TXL FRA 0850 1005 (though legitimately Phil can get to every major Germany city by 1030)

teams:
LH 857 KEF FRA 1435 2005, and then they can take a train or drive to wherever overnight and start leg 2 on Oct 4.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 06:43:05 PM by Zack. »

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2017, 07:23:37 PM »
I feel like Copenhagen is the best guess for the next leg (although I wouldnt be dissappinted with England, Belgium, or Finland either) plus there are some flights to Riga, Latvia which is where most of us would love to see get visited

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2017, 07:33:29 PM »
I love Copenhagen but it was only visited in S25 and S19, I would prefer Stockholm as we haven't properly had a leg there since S6. I went in October last year and it's lovely this time of year.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2017, 08:25:24 PM »
Can't rule out the possibility of a Zurich revisit.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2017, 10:21:47 PM »
If production were thinking about going to Luxembourg, why not go to Germany which is cheaper, easier to produce since they've been there before, has similar visuals, and is easier to get into and out of especially if they're going to Africa somewhere farfetched on leg 3?

The Black Forest would be nice this time of year  :colors

eta: SPEC for Germany

Phil:
AB 3547 KEF TXL 0040 0605
AB 6577 TXL FRA 0850 1005 (though legitimately Phil can get to every major Germany city by 1030)

teams:
LH 857 KEF FRA 1435 2005, and then they can take a train or drive to wherever overnight and start leg 2 on Oct 4.

At least Germany is overused and has going to rule out with OVERUSED countries visited in recent seasons. I expect Spain to be visited in leg 3, the only safe place to visit that country is Madrid.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2017, 11:06:13 PM »
May I offer a different opinion? Since production usually reserves the bounce boards for the pit stop, I'm thinking it might be in a secluded spot of Hljómskálagarður park (photos below--zoomed-in source here and a close-up here).

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2017, 11:17:05 PM »
If Luxembourg were visited, it's a tiny country, but I'm fortunate enough to know a guy there I could ask to help :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2017, 11:29:52 PM »
Okay guys. Love your enthusiasm BUT:

This is the workzone for our speculation on spoilers. Y'all's enthusiasm is making finding actual info and valuable speculation hard to find.

It is not where you post wishlists for locations or anything else.

All comments here should be ONLY about the spoilers and any LOGICAL info about what may come next.

I am moving everything else to another thread. Help me out here please and keep this tightly focused? Thanks!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2017, 02:42:38 AM »
Hmm Slowhatch could it be for the post-leg interviews?
You can see the mat being rolled out in front of the Iðnó Theatre...

Offline Jgilpat1

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2017, 05:17:16 AM »
Hey everyone. I stopped by the pit stop this morning just to check things out. Teams were still there. It was 745 am local time -- well past the 12 hours since checkin. Any idea why that might be the case? Could it play into where they go next?

We saw Jess and Cody from a distance doing interviews. Saw debaters mulling about and one of the male-male teams also doing interviews. Either violinists or Indy car. I'm sorry I have trouble telling them apart.

We were right next to their interview spot. I posted a pic to instagram (jl.gilpatrick). Heard them say they were leaving today in 4th place. 100% sure.

Sorry if I'm not posting in the right spot. Don't mean to muck things up but wifi is spotty and I'm just trying to get it all out.

EDIT: I glanced at the team photos again and the team I saw today was definitely the violinists. They came in 4th on leg #1.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 05:21:51 AM by Jgilpat1 »

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2017, 05:28:48 AM »
Hey everyone. I stopped by the pit stop this morning just to check things out. Teams were still there. It was 745 am local time -- well past the 12 hours since checkin. Any idea why that might be the case? Could it play into where they go next?

We saw Jess and Cody from a distance doing interviews. Saw debaters mulling about and one of the male-male teams also doing interviews. Either violinists or Indy car. I'm sorry I have trouble telling them apart.

We were right next to their interview spot. I posted a pic to instagram (jl.gilpatrick). Heard them say they were leaving today in 4th place. 100% sure.

Sorry if I'm not posting in the right spot. Don't mean to muck things up but wifi is spotty and I'm just trying to get it all out.

EDIT: I glanced at the team photos again and the team I saw today was definitely the violinists. They came in 4th on leg #1.

Could this have been an 18 hour rest period? I also think your photo is the violinists but hard to tell.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2017, 05:38:14 AM »
It has been many seasons since they abandoned the standardized 12h rest period. Nowadays the rest period is as long as production wants. I get a feeling that the things which determines the length is which transport they are going to take during the next leg. They try to avoid having one team getting on an earlier flight which arrives hours ahead of the others.

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2017, 08:29:13 AM »
For teams heading to AMS, at least one lucky team will prob. be on Wow airlines - WW 446 KEFAMS 1510 2030
But space is really tight on all the flights out of KEF today, so I would expect lots of different connecting flights, most of which will give them a forced overnight and have them arriving into AMS tomorrow morning between 7-10am.  Two seats are available on lots of flights, but not 4 per team, so unless production has blocked some flights, this could get interesting.  More than half the flights departing today are completely sold out already.
Iceland has been such a popular destination over the past few years that air seats are always at a premium. 
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2017, 08:42:09 AM »
At least there could be train from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to Antwerp, Belgium that would arrive by 11:15 pm. Just like the teams did ride a train from Brussels to Amsterdam Airport in TAR 19.

Offline Cpt.Carnage

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2017, 08:45:40 AM »
Any sign of team Indy?

Offline greenteapls

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2017, 09:18:50 AM »
How do we know that Amsterdam is the location? As they were spotted at the airport 2 hours ago. Icelandair flight to Copehangen left 13:00 Iceland time (1 hour ago). Would The Amazing Race take a crappy discount airline flight (Wow Airlines) to Amsterdam?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2017, 09:21:04 AM »
How do we know that Amsterdam is the location? As they were spotted at the airport 2 hours ago. Icelandair flight to Copehangen left 13:00 Iceland time (1 hour ago). Would The Amazing Race take a crappy discount airline flight (Wow Airlines) to Amsterdam?

We don't really until we see them doing tasks.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2017, 10:00:55 AM »
In one of the pictures at the airport, it looks like they are taking WOW Airlines because the plane is purple. The WOW flight leaves at 3:10pm local time and landed 8:30pm local time. The flight number is 466 .

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2017, 10:02:02 AM »
So that means they'll touch down in AMS at 830pm.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2017, 10:05:43 AM »
Unless they are sitting there as a distraction.... Odd to be using ONE flight on a NOT usual airline. ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2017, 10:07:07 AM »
WW is a major player in the Iceland Air industry, WOW and Icelandair are the majority of their convenient flights, so the airline is new, but it's not a small, low cost one like an Easyjet or anything like that.

Offline Dzony95

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bring TAR to Serbia!!! (That is Serbian TAR logo)
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2017, 10:11:38 AM »
Unless they are sitting there as a distraction.... Odd to be using ONE flight on a NOT usual airline. ???

In case WOW is ruled out, only London is left in sooner European flights.