Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 794887 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #3050 on: October 26, 2017, 05:41:29 PM »
That's why I don't post, I word stuff wrong haha. I did come here for the twins & am team twins but I meant now they're DOWN to the final 3. That was a run on sentence I suppose. Oops. I am aware twins didn't make final 3 lol.  I've been following since the beginning & get information about every elimination down to final 3 then it stops and we get nothing and they say they won't announce winner?  Then what is the purpose of the forum?  It's like reading a good book that is missing the final chapter.  At least people on twitter acknowledge they don't know who won so if that's the case here they need to do the same

If you read through the live sightings, It sounds like RFF's team couldn't get close enough to see what was happening at the final location. It was too secluded and they had security people keeping them away. So, I don't know for sure, but I'm fairly confident RFF doesn't know who the winner was.

It's been said elsewhere a few times, but I'll repeat it. We have had seasons where everything was revealed and once that happened, interest around here dropped off to next to nothing. Keep a little mystery at the end and it keeps people interested and engaged. We've done it this way for quite a few years and it works for RFF. I'm somewhat surprised at all the people angry about this. What makes you think we owe it to you to spell out every last detail?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 05:49:25 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3051 on: October 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM »

They find their info on twitter then post their name on it make it look like a Reality Fan Forum exclusive.

For the record.....I was on twitter the night of the final leg.
TWITTER users simply copied and pasted almost ALL of RFF's final leg word for word....post for post.
A 'few" twitter users noted the info came from RFF, but not all. I didn't see/read any revelation about the final leg from ANY Twitter user that night that didn't come directly  from THIS site.

Trying to bully the people in charge into getting your way isn't going to work. This is NOT BB19.

And, yes....I know....this if off-topic!
  :funny:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3052 on: October 26, 2017, 06:15:02 PM »
I came to this forum at the begging of the season to follow the twins & they're in final 3 yay!!  But I've never registered to post until today.   I'm just confused as to why this is a spoiler site BUT WONT announce winners??  I've read they don't wanna spoil it for people who don't want to know, but in all fairness it says "spoiler" before you click on it SO if somebody comes to this site it's obviously for spoilers.   The ones that don't want to know will not even be here.  Is it because you don't really know??   I read you also said to protect sources, but how does that make sense?  You haven't protected sources all season so what's the difference now?  I feel like Twitter has broke more sources than here throughout the season.   I've saw posts of users upset because they saw the finale unfold (which have been deleted) BUT "georgiapeach" won't let them post or say anything about it. last I checked she doesn't own you go post it on Twitter or Facebook or wherever. I'd be dang if I did all that work for her just for her to tell me to keep my mouth shut!!!!  Seems like she treats some of you like slaves.  I know I'll get blocked & this post will be removed because that's what Peach has seemed to do all season if you don't agree with her way of thinking.   It's actually become a joke of a site & all you guys who abide by her rules look weak, if you have the ability to announce winner do it yourself instead of letting her stake claim.  Whoever owns Reality Fan Forum really needs to find someone else to run this because this season has been nothing short of a joke.  They find their info on twitter then post their name on it make it look like a Reality Fan Forum exclusive. There is so much wrong with this site. Goodbye for good if they get new people to run it I will be back but I will probably be banned anyways hahahaha

If anybody out there besides the production staff and the racers know who the winners are, I'd be shocked. I haven't seen anything out in the Twitterverse or Facebook, so I don't think anyone knows. As for just posting tweets and information from other social media, that's by far the best source of information. There wouldn't be much to post without that. We always strive to credit whoever put their sighting out where we could find it. I suspect there are a few cases where that wasn't done but that's the exception, not the rule. As for the protecting our sources claim that keeps getting thrown in our faces, I think that was entirely used (or nearly so) by the Jody Fans. We don't have inside sources of information that need to be protected. In 15 seasons of chasing spoilers, I've never seen any information leak from the TAR production team. Maybe somebody they hire locally will spill something on social media but not often. So, we don't have to protect somebody's job, although when a locally hired person is involved we generally haven't revealed who it was. Personally, I suspect the "protect the source" claims was just a response to our requests to know the source of the categorical assertions being made with little or no supporting evidence. By saying they had to protect their source, they didn't have to explain their claims.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:21:34 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3053 on: October 26, 2017, 06:45:36 PM »
Plaidmoon it's pretty obvious who won when that reporter tweeted that thing about a team he recently interviewed

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3054 on: October 26, 2017, 07:00:20 PM »
Plaidmoon it's pretty obvious who won when that reporter tweeted that thing about a team he recently interviewed

Even if that team won, at this moment, this info is still a speculation/rumor, not the fact.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3055 on: October 26, 2017, 07:00:52 PM »
That's why I don't post, I word stuff wrong haha. I did come here for the twins & am team twins but I meant now they're DOWN to the final 3. That was a run on sentence I suppose. Oops. I am aware twins didn't make final 3 lol.  I've been following since the beginning & get information about every elimination down to final 3 then it stops and we get nothing and they say they won't announce winner?  Then what is the purpose of the forum?  It's like reading a good book that is missing the final chapter.  At least people on twitter acknowledge they don't know who won so if that's the case here they need to do the same

If you read through the live sightings, It sounds like RFF's team couldn't get close enough to see what was happening at the final location. It was too secluded and they had security people keeping them away. So, I don't know for sure, but I'm fairly confident RFF doesn't know who the winner was.

It's been said elsewhere a few times, but I'll repeat it. We have had seasons where everything was revealed and once that happened, interest around here dropped off to next to nothing. Keep a little mystery at the end and it keeps people interested and engaged. We've done it this way for quite a few years and it works for RFF. I'm somewhat surprised at all the people angry about this. What makes you think we owe it to you to spell out every last detail?

rff people and peach's timeline is missing an hour and a half, so a lot could've changed in that time.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3056 on: October 26, 2017, 07:09:59 PM »
I knew the current timeline was off, that is way too little tasks and easy for a FINALE I can't wait to see what happened I love the final 3 all good competitors and will give a good show.

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3057 on: October 26, 2017, 07:23:31 PM »

Which is probably what the marketing machine wants a particular fan base to believe.  It's the scoop that keeps on giving, freely.   

1. How many racers were marketed prior to start? One   
2. Whose fan base did the marketing desire to pull in at the start?  One
3. Whose fan base is lighting up social media about TAR?  One
4. What did all this marketing cost?  $0
5. Other racing teams may be promoted closer to show time or not.

For many viewers, it doesn't matter who wins - it is all about the race, the game play, and the travel.

For the machine - it is all about advertising $$$.
 :conf:    We want TAR renewed!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:28:14 PM by Piper »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3058 on: October 26, 2017, 07:39:24 PM »

rff people and peach's timeline is missing an hour and a half, so a lot could've changed in that time.

I never said anything about the timeline. Not sure why you're bringing it in here. However, there was never a 90 minute period during the final leg when Peach and the RFF team weren't providing updates, even if it's that they were all in a building. Also, a task could easily take 90 minutes to complete. You're right, much could change in 90 minutes. However, we're not claiming to know how the race ended. We haven't claimed that since the Skiers arrived first that they must have won. That's been others who make the assumption. Any of the three teams could have won.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:46:58 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3059 on: October 26, 2017, 07:41:43 PM »

I never said anything about the timeline. Not sure why you're bringing it in here. However, there was never a 90 minute period during the final leg when Peach and the RFF team had nothing to report.

just stating that they didn't end until 3am pt.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3060 on: October 26, 2017, 07:48:42 PM »

I never said anything about the timeline. Not sure why you're bringing it in here. However, there was never a 90 minute period during the final leg when Peach and the RFF team had nothing to report.

And you know this how?

Again, we haven't claimed any of the teams won. Not sure why we take the blame for a supposed 90 minute gap.

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3061 on: October 26, 2017, 07:52:18 PM »
Quote from: dangambler

Oh, this reminds me of the 2:15pm flight from Hong Kong to SFO that turned out incorrect.  Those start photos from Hong Kong were among some of the best spoilers.   :funny:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #3062 on: October 26, 2017, 07:57:51 PM »
Peach was posting WELL past 3 AM. He's just fishing for info.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3063 on: October 26, 2017, 07:58:01 PM »
OK, I looked at the Live Sighting thread and there was about 90 minutes between the last update and Peach's recap. I guess that's what you're referring to. I suppose that makes it sinister. It can take time to do the last challenge and I'm sure it wasn't easy. So, that might well eat up close to 90 minutes. It's also possible that Peach took a few minutes to collect herself after the adrenaline rush of the evening, talk with her team and compose the thoughts she wanted to present.

Yes, in 90 minutes much can change. But we've never claimed to know what happened at the end, so we're not hiding anything. ANY of the three teams might have won it. One did. That's what we know.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3064 on: October 26, 2017, 08:10:03 PM »
OK, I looked at the Live Sighting thread and there was about 90 minutes between the last update and Peach's recap. I guess that's what you're referring to. I suppose that makes it sinister. It can take time to do the last challenge and I'm sure it wasn't easy. So, that might well eat up close to 90 minutes. It's also possible that Peach took a few minutes to collect herself after the adrenaline rush of the evening, talk with her team and compose the thoughts she wanted to present.

Yes, in 90 minutes much can change. But we've never claimed to know what happened at the end, so we're not hiding anything. ANY of the three teams might have won it. One did. That's what we know.

who said anything sinister was implied? why so defensive? all I stated was I know what time it ended and it was around 3am pt. was no dig at anyone, just a statement of fact.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3065 on: October 26, 2017, 08:11:42 PM »
I'm sad you didn't realise that throughout the season, but "I know" doesn't go as fact here.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3066 on: October 26, 2017, 08:17:22 PM »
Peach was posting WELL past 3 AM. He's just fishing for info.

for what info exactly?  Everyone on RFF has already admitted they don't know who won and lost track of them after a certain point, and peach was not giving updates at 3am PT (6am my time) nobody was, they were out of sight well before that point by everyone here who claims they were there.

Offline Flyergal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3067 on: October 26, 2017, 08:19:23 PM »
Off topic from what you all are discussing but I have a general TAR question. If I’m in the wrong place on the forum for that I’m sorry. My question- even though it was a public start, since only one team was officially announced by the network, are the rest not allowed to publicly say they were on the show until they get officially announced, even though there’s pics of them all over?  Just wondering how that works..thanks
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:26:20 PM by Flyergal »

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3068 on: October 26, 2017, 08:24:52 PM »
My guess is they went into a building and had more tasks inside where you scouters couldnt watch. maybe it was part of a "twist" phil talked about at the start line.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3069 on: October 26, 2017, 08:30:01 PM »
i don't understand the obsession with the finish line. i mean, if Peach & teams said they need time then i will wait patiently. they must be exhausted and have other things to do in real life. I experienced that before when TAR visited Bali in season 22 & 28. back from work i directly went to the airport to catch the racers. arrived at home at 04.00 AM and then have to be at Tanah Lot when the racers released at at 06.00 AM, didn't have enough sleep. And Peach didn't force me to give the information that i had immediately. i appreciate the hard work of moderator & detectives here. Tbh i don't really care about the finish line
I totally agree with you! During the HK leg this season, I went directly to the airport after my work at 7pm and started to follow the teams until 8:30 where they finally came out from the gate.
It was such an excited yet worried 1.5 hour in my entire life lol  :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3070 on: October 26, 2017, 08:41:29 PM »
Off topic from what you all are discussing but I have a general TAR question. If I知 in the wrong place on the forum for that I知 sorry. My question- even though it was a public start, since only one team was officially announced by the network, are the rest not allowed to publicly say they were on the show until they get officially announced, even though there痴 pics of them all over?  Just wondering how that works..thanks

Yes, they're not allowed to tell unless CBS has officially announced.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3071 on: October 26, 2017, 08:55:20 PM »
Off topic from what you all are discussing but I have a general TAR question. If I知 in the wrong place on the forum for that I知 sorry. My question- even though it was a public start, since only one team was officially announced by the network, are the rest not allowed to publicly say they were on the show until they get officially announced, even though there痴 pics of them all over?  Just wondering how that works..thanks

That is so confusing to me because cbs asked fans to come watch the start line, seems silly to not just release alll the teams back when they started filming

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #3072 on: October 26, 2017, 08:57:40 PM »

That is so confusing to me because cbs asked fans to come watch the start line, seems silly to not just release alll the teams back when they started filming

CBS had an official press release revealing the teams almost immediately after the open Starting Lines of TAR25 and TAR27. That's why it's odd nothing for TAR30. But then again, TAR isn't too high on CBS' priority list these days.

Offline Hummingbird

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3073 on: October 26, 2017, 09:20:44 PM »
So sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but all the back and forth is maddening!!

As a newbie to this site, I just wanted to comment on few things.

In the beginning, there was bickering between posters on this board and some Jody fans. It went both ways. However, I think the start of it all was some Jody fans not understanding (or not caring) how this board works and/or not abiding by the rules of this board. Then we had the seasoned posters trying to correct them.  Misunderstandings turned into chaos.  It would have been a much more positive experience for everyone if all that bickering didn't exist. How does this get rectified so it doesn't become the norm?

As far as what Georgia Peach and the other detectives do here, I find it fascinating and quite impressive.  I personally think they ALL deserve a huge round of applause and giant debt of gratitude! What they were able to deliver to us on finale night, was incredible!  I didn't see anything even remotely close anywhere else on finale night despite searching all night.  All the sightings and information that I saw everywhere else, came straight from RFF.  Would we all like to know more? Of course we would!!  But let's all just be happy for the AMAZING feat they were able to pull off a few nights ago, and have a little patience until more info is able to be shared.  And in the event nothing new surfaces, just think of how exciting the finale will be when all is finally revealed.

A special personal thank you to Georgia Peach.  As busy as she was during the season, she took the time to walk me through some things I didn't know how to do.  So, Thanks Peach...much appreciated!! 

Thanks to everyone for your time!  :)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #3074 on: October 26, 2017, 09:26:52 PM »
Just my two cents but I don't think all of these commotions will also happen if Jody didn't end up on the finale. :res:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*