Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790491 times)

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2250 on: October 20, 2017, 02:05:32 PM »
Spec:
The Man who took the pics and the video is apparently affiliated with the Bahrain National Stadium. Perhaps there was a task there as well?  Cricket? Football? ???

I am a cricket nerd and Peach, cricket is NOT played in Bahrain. Soccer, however, could be a real possibility!

What's that you say? ???

http://www.boc.bh/en/about-sports/cricket

I too follow cricket closely Georgia Peach! Bahrain is an affiliated member of ICC (international cricket council) in theory only! It doesn't feature in the main 10-12 playing nations.
USA also has a national cricket team btw!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2251 on: October 20, 2017, 02:07:02 PM »

need help with something... I was pretty sure I heard Phil say at the start they would go to 5 continents, but I can't find the video of it... its important because if true it means they likely went to Australia after Bahrain.

I was there. Prob 20 feet away from Phil.

He was un-miked, was very hoarse, and with the crowd noise I could not hear that at all.

In fact I was disappointed to not hear the traditional __countries, __ continents, __miles .

There is an hour long professional start video out there, maybe that will have it?? I have tapes of him doing the intro x5, but I do not hear that said. 
But am sure it was said...just not that I can hear.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2252 on: October 20, 2017, 02:11:04 PM »
need help with something... I was pretty sure I heard Phil say at the start they would go to 5 continents, but I can't find the video of it... its important because if true it means they likely went to Australia after Bahrain.
Isn't it too late for 5 continents ? With supposedly 3 legs left, crossing two continents seems unviable to me.
I think they will either cover Europe, Africa, Asia, North America OR Europe, Africa, Oceania, North America.
Thoughts ?

they've already done 4, Ny + finale. Europe, Africa, Bahrain = Asia, ?

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2253 on: October 20, 2017, 02:15:32 PM »
Isn't it too late for 5 continents ? With supposedly 3 legs left, crossing two continents seems unviable to me.
I think they will either cover Europe, Africa, Asia, North America OR Europe, Africa, Oceania, North America.
Thoughts ?

they've already done 4, Ny + finale. Europe, Africa, Bahrain = Asia, ?
Yes Bahrain's part of Asia, but have they done 1 nation asia leg ever ? I have to check on it. Either Asia has been skipped all together or atleast 2 nations have been visited as per my knowledge. Someone correct me if i'm wrong!

Update : I crosschecked for past 10 TAR seasons and I couldn't find a scenario where only 1 asian nation was visited. If an asian continent was touched, atleast 2 nations were visited.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:23:34 PM by DontKillMe »

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2254 on: October 20, 2017, 02:16:14 PM »
Bahrain IS considered Asia. And Im thinking there are  at least 2 legs before finale, so you could be right about Australia.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:38:06 PM by itsjustme11 »

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2255 on: October 20, 2017, 02:30:45 PM »
Bahrain IS considered Asia. And Im thinking there is still at least 2 legs before finale, so you could be right about Australia.

looking at flights Bangkok makes sense if they have 2 more legs before finale... thought maybe Tokyo but they have a typhoon coming so doubt it

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2256 on: October 20, 2017, 02:42:32 PM »
Bahrain IS considered Asia. And Im thinking there is still at least 2 legs before finale, so you could be right about Australia.

looking at flights Bangkok makes sense if they have 2 more legs before finale... thought maybe Tokyo but they have a typhoon coming so doubt it
Thailand would be wonderful. What other asian nations are a possibility (bleak though!) by looking at the flight schedule according to you ?

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2257 on: October 20, 2017, 02:44:39 PM »

Thailand would be wonderful. What other asian nations are a possibility (bleak though!) by looking at the flight schedule according to you ?
Also are we positive that Bahrain was only for one leg ? I know its an island nation, but still !

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2258 on: October 20, 2017, 04:24:46 PM »
If they connected in Dubai, and arrived before 9am, they could’ve gone literally anywhere

Indian Subcontinent seems more likely if they didn’t

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2259 on: October 20, 2017, 05:57:14 PM »

Spec:
The Man who took the pics and the video is apparently affiliated with the Bahrain National Stadium. Perhaps there was a task there as well?  Cricket? Football? ???

I am a cricket nerd and Peach, cricket is NOT played in Bahrain. Soccer, however, could be a real possibility!

What's that you say? ???

http://www.boc.bh/en/about-sports/cricket

I too follow cricket closely Georgia Peach! Bahrain is an affiliated member of ICC (international cricket council) in theory only! It doesn't feature in the main 10-12 playing nations.
USA also has a national cricket team btw!

Yes. Bahrain is an 'affiliated member' of the ICC, which means it doesn't play Test match cricket. (Like Australia, England, etc) Instead, it plays in regional competitors, in other nations around them, such as Qatar, United Arab Emirates (where Pakistan play their home matches), Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Oman. However, I am unsure if they have 'city cricket', as they do here in Australia. DontKillMe, what country are you from? I am also unsure as too which how many children have an interest in the great game. I hope (if it is cricket), it is a too harder a task, as I have played it for many years and I haven't scored over 20 runs in one go  :escape

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2260 on: October 20, 2017, 06:16:43 PM »
THIS is interesting though and we haven't commented on it.

What's going on in the cell? Maybe other team member has to find / decipher something??

Uhhhhh peach that is a Birdcage. The falcon seen on the mat in the video is in there. They were talking about loosing fingers

Thank you so much!  I was asking about that photo yesterday, only I called it "the bars" photo.  Glad to know that.

The drive from the Bahrain Airport to the tree of life is about 48- 54 minutes (of course, not including any tasks along the way.)  Interestingly enough there are 3 routes they could take.  The most eastern road takes them over water, the others are all inland, so I'd guess they drove along the road that goes over Nabih Salah Island.  The road, or at least part of it is called Shakh Jaber A. Al Subah Highway.  https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Bahrain+Airport,+Muharraq,+Bahrain/Tree+of+Life,+Southern+Governorate,+Bahrain/@26.0677847,50.6224724,63114m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x3e49a6343fdd7993:0xf4c26bbbcf7a1a96!2m2!1d50.6259871!2d26.2697119!1m5!1m1!1s0x3e49ad2161891555:0x6a3b167814b8c131!2m2!1d50.5830047!2d25.9941341!3e0  It nears water in at least 3 places.

It looks like there are about 18 flights a day from Dubai to Bahrain, and visa versa.  Flights are about one hour 15 minutes long.  Back in Dubai of course, there are so many flights out to everywhere that even if you only look at the east bound flights, they could go almost anywhere.

I don't think we have a confirmed arrival flight in Dubai, or at least not a live sighting.  ??  But with the race in Bahrain photos yesterday, I doubt they started the leg in Dubai, then caught the 95 minute flight to Bahrain to continue the leg, but it's slightly possible I guess.

I'm just trying to think of an answer for the "team didn't make it to" in Bahrain, given the number of flights out.  The lost passport idea idea seems possible, but if they were only connecting flights and no tasks?  That could mean losing it somewhere in the airport in Dubai?   I suppose something could have happened in Africa as well, but  with that wording, if they are correct, it doesn't sound like an injury.

So, any ideas where that water / dive / questions task was?  Of course the airport is practically surrounded by water, so they could have done it there and driven any of the 3 routes to the Tree of Life, or gone to the western side, and then back for the drive to ToL.

ETA the Bahrain Yacht Club is at Sitra (that eastern road) and they have all kinds of activities there, kayaking, diving, so it might be a place TAR could arrange a "walk the plank."  Just looking for possible locations and routes.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:34:50 PM by Seastars »

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2261 on: October 20, 2017, 06:33:20 PM »

Of course the airport is practically surrounded by water, so they could have done it there and driven any of the 3 routes to the Tree of Life, or gone to the western side, and then back for the drive to ToL.

Yes, the guy who posted the video of the diving said "Bahrain Bay," which is 6.8 kms** (corrected from miles) from the airport.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:53:46 PM by geographyknower »

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2262 on: October 20, 2017, 06:40:23 PM »

Of course the airport is practically surrounded by water, so they could have done it there and driven any of the 3 routes to the Tree of Life, or gone to the western side, and then back for the drive to ToL.

Yes, the guy who posted the video of the diving said "Bahrain Bay," which is 6.8 miles from the airport.

Thanks, that's on the east, tiny short drive to the west side, and
 http://www.bahrain.com/en/vp/things-to-do/top-ten-sights/Pages/Bahrain-National-MUseum.aspx#.WeqJEVtSyiQ  which might/could be a place the questions came from, TAR does like it's old museums.

Pure speculation of course, places nearby, it's such a small Island, they could do several things.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:45:46 PM by Seastars »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2263 on: October 20, 2017, 08:39:55 PM »
Well.. we can't rule out the possibility of having a full leg in Bahrain,  just because of its small area

Remember we do have extremely short legs (TAR13 leg 7) or legs covered very short travel distance (TAR22 leg 2, TAR27 leg 10)

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2264 on: October 20, 2017, 09:18:12 PM »
Nobody implied that Bahrain was a half-leg, which is in any case absurd given the fact that it dwarves Liechtenstein as well as Monaco.

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2265 on: October 20, 2017, 10:38:42 PM »
Yeah, there is lots to do in Bahrain, I am trying to figure out HOW a team "didn't make it to Bahrain" though.  Lost passport seems likely, but where?  Africa or Dubai, and how would you lose it in Dubai if you were just switching planes?

IF that report is true that is, that the unnamed source heard Phil tell "Jody" they were safe, and that the other team didn't make it to that country.

I think the source is production and that's why they aren't naming it, so I tend to believe them.  Their conclusions haven't been completely accurate, but the actual spoilers have been.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2266 on: October 20, 2017, 10:47:03 PM »
Yeah, there is lots to do in Bahrain, I am trying to figure out HOW a team "didn't make it to Bahrain" though.  Lost passport seems likely, but where?  Africa or Dubai, and how would you lose it in Dubai if you were just switching planes?

IF that report is true that is, that the unnamed source heard Phil tell "Jody" they were safe, and that the other team didn't make it to that country.

I think the source is production and that's why they aren't naming it, so I tend to believe them.  Their conclusions haven't been completely accurate, but the actual spoilers have been.

lost passport or one of the members of the team got extremely sick maybe?

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2267 on: October 20, 2017, 10:48:32 PM »
I had a friend lose their passport on the plane on the second of three flights- Miami to Lima if I remember correctly (wasnt with them, but remember the retelling of the tale)

Stuff like that CAN happen- haven’t seen the losing of a passport in transit between countries, but isn’t impossible based on my (secondhand) experience

But, I would like a little more before I outright believe it

I’d lend myself to believe it more easily if the info that had been extrapolated from sightings throughout the race  had been more right than wrong, but currently it’s not reliable enough on its own for me
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 12:13:39 AM by DavidJunior »

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2268 on: October 20, 2017, 10:50:08 PM »
Well, we'll find out all when it actually goes to air.

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2269 on: October 20, 2017, 11:37:26 PM »

I think Thailand may not be visited as the Funeral of the king of Thailand is held in the upcoming 5 days
Although teams can go there,however,there are a lot of advices that tourists should pay attention to such as trying to follow formal dress code

As there are 2 more legs, some big cities like Hong Kong,Singapore can be paid attention to as these 2 are the busiest transit city

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2270 on: October 21, 2017, 03:18:34 AM »
I don’t know why but I just feel like Singapore will be visited.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #2271 on: October 21, 2017, 03:37:19 AM »

Singapore was last visited five seasons ago and could not be a fourpeat. Unlikely choice.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2272 on: October 21, 2017, 06:15:02 AM »

Singapore was last visited five seasons ago and could not be a fourpeat. Unlikely choice.
But they can use Singapore as airport connection to other Asian countries and Australia/New Zealand but the nearer Dubai airport could provide most of the non-stop flight to the same destination (I read somewhere Emirates and Qatar Airways now provide non-stop flights to Auckland, NZ but there's another story) so. Other than that I agree with you that a Singapore visit would be too soon and does not fit with the underused/unvisited route theme this season.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline DontKillMe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2273 on: October 21, 2017, 10:33:31 AM »
Again! Do not take this as 100% that Amazing Race is in Singapore/Malaysia but I just saw 2 insta pics from the same user named Jennifer Wong. I am posting their links for the experts to verify whether its true or not! Team Work. Lets do this.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bag0frBACW7/?taken-by=jennifer_jwjf
https://www.instagram.com/p/BafqC2AAKnS/?taken-by=jennifer_jwjf

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2274 on: October 21, 2017, 10:39:17 AM »
Again! Do not take this as 100% that Amazing Race is in Singapore/Malaysia but I just saw 2 insta pics from the same user named Jennifer Wong. I am posting their links for the experts to verify whether its true or not! Team Work. Lets do this.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bag0frBACW7/?taken-by=jennifer_jwjf
https://www.instagram.com/p/BafqC2AAKnS/?taken-by=jennifer_jwjf

Pretty sure this is a local event.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.