Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 790335 times)

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1725 on: October 17, 2017, 01:13:59 PM »
What if.....
The Lifeguards did check in at 1:30 but had to wait out a penalty?  Meanwhile, the Twins and Jody check in. Then the Skiers show up just as the penalty is expiring at 2:00?

This would explain quite a bit.

Also if the other two teams came in shortly after 2:00 it would explain how the first witness saw the Lifeguards and Skiers, then came back an hour or so later and all was packed up.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1726 on: October 17, 2017, 01:16:14 PM »
heres what I can say as of now, from multiple people on the ground..
an all male team got first and barely beat jody.
jody got there at 1:42... lifeguards shows up at 2... (confusion above is because I said 130-2, and got further confirmation today)
the teams are still in Harare and leaving tomorrow
everyone we've talked to say 6 teams were there and seem to think they're all safe, but theres reasons I don't quite believe this and think they could be mistaken.
don't know if debaters were before skiers/lifeguards... also don't know who the 6th team racing is

because they're still in Harare I have to keep some things quiet for now though, also its harder to share things when every time we do the person is bombarded with messages and makes it harder for us to get info...

Thanks for the info, Dan! It is mildly surprising that none of these sources can identify the sixth team. Honestly, I'm more curious about who THEY are more than anything!

So, does that mean the teams all finished close together? Because if the Twins/Jody arrived first and second at 1:42 and the Lifeguards/Skiiers arrived at 2:04, then the Debaters/Mystery Male Team would have had to be either in between those times, which means all teams checked in within 30 minutes of each other, or the Debaters/Mystery Male Team checked in after Lifeguards/Skiiers shortly after, since there's still that source that said production was packed up not too long after the Lifeguards/Skiiers checked in.

Seriously, though, I just want to know the Mystery Team! Part of me thinks it's the Indy Drivers, but I have no proof to even back that up.

I'm with you... who the hell is the 6th team! lmao

and yes it does seem that all teams were pretty close.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1727 on: October 17, 2017, 01:21:35 PM »
Georgiapeach I would post the link to their tweet but they r private

Then don't bother posting at all. if others don't want to share info that is their prerogative.

:tup:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1728 on: October 17, 2017, 01:22:38 PM »
Can someone quick find me the post with the MAT big building shadow?? Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1730 on: October 17, 2017, 01:45:29 PM »
Thanks chills! I thought I lost the OTHER half of my brain lol.

Okay...who is watching flights? Airports? Phil sightings?

All wanna be detectives should be hard at work! If teams may be on the move...so should WE!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1731 on: October 17, 2017, 02:18:36 PM »
What about buses?  A couple were scheduled to leave in the last hour or so. It's a 17 hour trip that way.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1732 on: October 17, 2017, 02:22:46 PM »
is there another vist to the falls again

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1733 on: October 17, 2017, 02:31:19 PM »
is there another vist to the falls again

If it was NEL, then chances of next leg happening in zimbabwe itself increases. I am basing this argument on previous seasons while taking into account only 2nd NEL. So that might be on the cards!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1734 on: October 17, 2017, 02:32:36 PM »
how many teams are left and what leg this is

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1735 on: October 17, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »
Leg 7 and 6 teams with NEL, 5 teams otherwise

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1736 on: October 17, 2017, 02:40:17 PM »
If they did leave today

Joburg had some departures in the early afternoon (Dubai, Doha, Singapore, Hong Kong) that teams could make, if they were on earlier morning flights out of Harare

They also have some in the evening that could work too (Dubai, Hong Kong, Sydney, Abu Dhabi, Nairobi)

Nairobi does have a later evening connection to Mumbai, which teams could've easily caught if they flew there directly from Harare at 11:45am today

Surprising amount of options depending on which way they did end up going, and IF they even left Zimbabwe today

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1737 on: October 17, 2017, 02:40:52 PM »

Don't know either of those for sure- could be leg 8

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1738 on: October 17, 2017, 02:42:55 PM »
If they did leave today

Joburg had some departures in the early afternoon (Dubai, Doha, Singapore, Hong Kong) that teams could make, if they were on earlier morning flights out of Harare

They also have some in the evening that could work too (Dubai, Hong Kong, Sydney, Abu Dhabi, Nairobi)

Nairobi does have a later evening connection to Mumbai, which teams could've easily caught if they flew there directly from Harare at 11:45am today

Surprising amount of options depending on which way they did end up going, and IF they even left Zimbabwe today

they didn't leave today from what I know.. were still at hotel mid day

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1739 on: October 17, 2017, 02:50:12 PM »

Don't know either of those for sure- could be leg 8
It very well could be. But where could that missing leg have happened ? Zmb, Prague or before !

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1740 on: October 17, 2017, 02:56:36 PM »
If they did leave today

Hmm... if you're big reveal has to do with what you're hinting at here, I think I understand a bit more why you're holding off for now  ;)

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1741 on: October 17, 2017, 02:56:45 PM »
Amazing Race is shot in 21/23 days usually.
So each leg takes approx 1.75 or 1.91 days. In both cases we seem to be missing ONE LEG, cuz we are now 17 days deep.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1742 on: October 17, 2017, 02:59:32 PM »
Phil's got this hashtag he loves to use when live tweeting episodes - #12Shows21Days

But it's not always exactly that.

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1743 on: October 17, 2017, 03:00:49 PM »
If they did leave today

Hmm... if you're big reveal has to do with what you're hinting at here, I think I understand a bit more why you're holding off for now  ;)

I thought the big reveal was Jody getting second only seconds behind the twins.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1744 on: October 17, 2017, 03:03:31 PM »
6 teams were confirmed for this leg that just happened so if this was leg 8 there would have to be 2 legs where there was no elimination.

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1745 on: October 17, 2017, 03:09:06 PM »
6 teams were confirmed for this leg that just happened so if this was leg 8 there would have to be 2 legs where there was no elimination.

For this to happen Leg 7 has to be NEL since Leg 6 was Double U-TURN.
Leg 7 has to be either from prague -> swiss or prague -> swiss -> zmb

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1746 on: October 17, 2017, 03:15:53 PM »
Phil's got this hashtag he loves to use when live tweeting episodes - #12Shows21Days

Even if you take 25 days of shooting, its still lagging behind if it was Leg 7 just completed! One leg is missing

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1747 on: October 17, 2017, 03:22:38 PM »
If they did leave today

Was it that?

I thought we were still waiting

To me, a second-hand account of what a friend saw, with assumptions made by (seemingly) the eyewitness, the informant, and the investigator, without clear evidence/indication of what was EXACTLY seen, and how they could precisely know what order teams came in, or even the exact time frame, is just  ???

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1748 on: October 17, 2017, 03:26:55 PM »
If they did leave today

Was it that?

I thought we were still waiting

To me, a second-hand account of what a friend saw, with assumptions made by (seemingly) the eyewitness, the informant, and the investigator, without clear evidence/indication of what was EXACTLY seen, and how they could precisely know what order teams came in, or even the exact time frame, is just  ???

I'm not sure why they're withholding the chats, but from what I've seen, there is more than one source -- one of whom gave the team directions shortly before that team reached the pit stop -- and at least two of the sources agree on the approximate time the team finished. I don't want to say more out of respect for these detectives who seem to want to keep it to themselves.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1749 on: October 17, 2017, 03:28:38 PM »

For this to happen Leg 7 has to be NEL since Leg 6 was Double U-TURN.
Wrong. Speculation.

Even if you take 25 days of shooting, its still lagging behind if it was Leg 7 just completed! One leg is missing
There was some valid speculation that teams could have been held in Czech Republic for another day due to troubles in Zimbabwe (don't remember what exactly was going on). That could still be the case.