Author Topic: TAR30 EP11 2/21/18 "It's Just a Million Dollars, No Pressure" 9-11PM! 1of 2 eps!  (Read 21177 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Asian Leg 11's are always great.

Here's hoping Hong Kong will deliver <3333

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Caps!

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
This leg will be the 4th season in a row that a penultimate leg would be placed somewhere in Asia... Mmm interesting fact much... Seems Asia is a penultimate leg base in recent seasons
what might have been

Offline chriswong886

• RFF Not So Newbie
No really sure, but I've a feeling that the crab task may involved typing up the crabs with the white as shown on the jpg.

http://www.sciencenets.com/data/attachment/album/201509/24/234210e6tc666ci222ktm2.jpg

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 02:40:28 AM by georgiapeach »

Gra1162

Hi I am a Amazing race fan from Hong Kong I am a kid so I won't be such a good help with Cantonese a barely understand anything but like on the day the team's came to Hong Kong I was sending my friend back home he lives in the peak and I saw a lot of taxis zooming by , and I am cheering for the skiers to win.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Hi I am a Amazing race fan from Hong Kong I am a kid so I won't be such a good help with Cantonese a barely understand anything but like on the day the team's came to Hong Kong I was sending my friend back home he lives in the peak and I saw a lot of taxis zooming by , and I am cheering for the skiers to win.

:bigwelcome to RFF, Gra1162!

Offline bus555

• RFF Newbie
Hi first time posting

Looks like the upcoming leg is mainly around Hong Kong island only (correct me if I am wrong)

Also the restaurant task (according to pic 20 & 21) is from a restaurant called "Nuk xxxx"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 11:05:10 PM by bus555 »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Hi first time posting

Looks like the upcoming leg is mainly around Hong Kong island only (correct me if I am wrong)

Also the restaurant task (according to pic 20 & 21) is from a restaurant called "Nuk xxxx"

:welcome2: to RFF, bus555!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Hi first time posting

:welcome: to RFF and thanks for the info!

This thread is for discussion of the TV released previews etc.

If you also want to see what we had in LIVE TIME (SPOILERS) it starts here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,33374.msg1210892.html#msg1210892

And the Discussion of those spoilers I think starts on about page 99 in the Spoiler Discussion thread.

Enjoy! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Is that a switchback from TAR14!? :jumpy: Although, it might be a roadblock this time instead of a detour since I didn't see Alex. I could be wrong. Also, this is in Cantonese, so it's very much different from the Mandarin version we had back in TAR14. I remember in TAR Asia 5, Parul & Maggie (Filipino team) were gonna do a singing detour only to find out the language used is a Filipino dialect, Ilokano. They were intimidated from that and eventually switched tasks. This means that even though Henry may know some Chinese, it may not necessarily give his team a full advantage. It's still an advantage though since Mandarin Chinese can be spoken in Hong Kong. Cantonese is just more common. I know there's also a part of Hong Kong that uses the Fookien/Fujian dialect. I've never encountered that in a TAR episode so far though. :) I know a little bit of Cantonese because my dad was from Hong Kong, but I can't really understand too much of it. :funny:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Is that a switchback from TAR14!? :jumpy: Although, it might be a roadblock this time instead of a detour since I didn't see Alex. I could be wrong. Also, this is in Cantonese, so it's very much different from the Mandarin version we had back in TAR14. I remember in TAR Asia 5, Parul & Maggie (Filipino team) were gonna do a singing detour only to find out the language used is a Filipino dialect, Ilokano. They were intimidated from that and eventually switched tasks. This means that even though Henry may know some Chinese, it may not necessarily give his team a full advantage. It's still an advantage though since Mandarin Chinese can be spoken in Hong Kong. Cantonese is just more common. I know there's also a part of Hong Kong that uses the Fookien/Fujian dialect. I've never encountered that in a TAR episode so far though. :) I know a little bit of Cantonese because my dad was from Hong Kong, but I can't really understand too much of it. :funny:
I will donate myself in helping with Cantonese translating. So no worries  :luvya:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
So the summary for the HK leg:

1. Victoria Peak (H/E perform Speed Bump + ARI)
2. Aberdeen Floating Village (Crabs; ARI)
3. Central Ferry Pier (Monitor Smashing; Roadblock)
4. Restaurant (Orders in Cantonese; Detour 1)
5. Lan Kwai Fong (Briefcase; Detour 2)
6. Wan Chai (Pit Stop)

I could be possibly both crabs and waiters are indeed Detours.
As it seen in live tweets thread back in October.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 04:57:31 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
So the summary for the HK leg:

1. Victoria Peak (H/E perform Speed Bump + ARI)
2. Central Ferry Pier (Roadblock)
3. Aberdeen Floating Village (Detour 1)
4. Restaurant (Detour 2)
5. Lan Kwai Fong (ARI)
6. Wan Chai (Pit Stop)

I could be possibly both crabs and waiters are indeed Detours.
Aberdeen comes first before Central pier

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Right now, I am really wondering about the crab task.
I mean, that day in Hong Kong it did not rain at all. Why would we see Jody and Indy Car perform the crab task in heavy rain?

For some reason, I tend to believe the order of the tasks would be
1. The Peak (Photo ARI + Lantern Speed Bump for Yales) > All teams spotted in live sighting
2. Aberdeen (Detour - Crab / Waiter, though it could be Roadblock) > Jody & Indy Car spotted @Crab, Conor spotted for Waiter
3. Central Pier No. 4 (Monitor smashing roadblock) > Henry & Jen spotted
4. Lan Kwai Fong (Briefcase ARI) > All teams spotted in live sighting
5. Wan Chai pitstop

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks to chriswong886  for the crab task info!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
The Amazing Race - It's Just a Million Dollars, No Pressure (Sneak Peek)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hVWY2e6swHE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hVWY2e6swHE</a>

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
in the podcast, 6 of the 8 correct dishes for the restaurant detour were verbally revealed

豉汁帶子蒸豆腐 Si Zap Daai Zi Zing Dau Fu (Steam tofu with Scallop in Black Bean Sauce)
蒜蓉開邊蒸蝦 Syun Jung Hoi Bin Zing Haa (Steam prawn in garlic sauce)
薑蔥霸王雞 (Chicken with Ginger & Scallions)
金菇紅燒豆腐 Gun Go Hong Siu Dau Fu (Braised Tofu with Mushrooms)
金銀蛋浸時蔬  (Golden and Silver Eggs with Amaranth)
蒜蓉粉絲蒸鮮魷 Syun Jung Fun Si Zing Sin Yau (Steam Squid with clear noodle in garlic sauce)

One of the two left seemed to be Sweet and Sour Pork (咕嚕肉) while the last one is unknown