Author Topic: "JODY" Discussion  (Read 43439 times)

Offline steve2013

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: "JODY" Discussion
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2018, 06:08:34 AM »
I wonder if Jody announcing their engagement now instead of after the finale means they don't win. I mean, what bettertime to announce an engagement than after winning The Amazing Race right? Double good news hehe

Personally thinking the same as surely they'll be at some kinda viewing party tonight so had they won what better time to propose than after winning the amazing race

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2018, 08:08:58 AM »
I wonder if Jody announcing their engagement now instead of after the finale means they don't win. I mean, what bettertime to announce an engagement than after winning The Amazing Race right? Double good news hehe

Personally thinking the same as surely they'll be at some kinda viewing party tonight so had they won what better time to propose than after winning the amazing race

The original plan could've been propose before while all is quiet and then announce it after. Ya never know.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2018, 08:13:48 AM »

A good time for a proposal and a good time for the reveal of an engagement are different things.
I'm sure the person who spilt the beans to TMZ forced them to take a different course of action, so I wouldn't buy into that too much.

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2018, 12:06:35 PM »

Cody was creating the perfect ring with a company for several months so maybe her ring wasn’t ready yet..

Offline Ethan44

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2018, 07:11:56 AM »
I was very happy with the finale and ecstatic with Jody winning! I especially enjoyed the final leg being at night and the final task being tough and forcing the winner to earn their 1 million dollars. I understand why some fans dislike Jody especially with Jessica not owning her deception during the phone task and saying some mean things about other racers. I feel like this season showed that Jessica is very competitive and emotional and that she can be a poor sport and quite sensitive. In her defence though she was venting and on the show according to Yale and Lifeguards was polite to them so I think overall people are overly critical. I also feel like outrage about Jess being sad at the mat because one of the two teams she bonded strongly with was going home is silly. Post show comments also seem to show that Yale weren’t excluded socially only game wise and IMO deserve criticism for a poor social game. It’s sad some fans just want to find any angle possible to discredit Jody winning or attack their character. I could continue to address other criticism but I will just say that I feel like people really like to judge/define people by their flaws especially on reality TV and Jess, Evan and Brittany get tons of ridiculous and petty hate which is sad. They deserve some criticism for their behaviour and you don’t need to like them but this is a tv show and they are real people.

Looking back on what I predicted about Jody before the season I feel my prediction of Jess and Cody was pretty solid although I didn’t expect a win. Cody was a beast and surpassed my already high expectations for him as a competitor while Jessica was a wildcard who had a good social game. As a couple they didn’t fight and communicated well which was great to see! They really formed an impressive bond going through the BB house which was toxic in BB19. Jessica had little chance of being a great TAR player but she still brought value and did her job in key moments which is why as a team they surprisingly brought home the grand prize. Competitor wise I think Jessica is much better suited for BB and I feel would have been a huge threat to win on BB19 without Cody in the house. It all worked out in the end though, what a storybook journey they went through together.

Overall Yale was actually my second favourite team this season so them coming second was perfect! And Jody joining S30 pushed me to watch some past seasons and made me a fan of TAR so I will certainly be watching S31!   

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2018, 06:52:00 PM »
And Jody joining S30 pushed me to watch some past seasons and made me a fan of TAR so I will certainly be watching S31!
Great to hear! :cheer:

And I agree with you sooo much on the excessive criticism for specific racers.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2018, 08:24:38 PM »
I was very happy with the finale and ecstatic with Jody winning! I especially enjoyed the final leg being at night and the final task being tough and forcing the winner to earn their 1 million dollars. I understand why some fans dislike Jody especially with Jessica not owning her deception during the phone task and saying some mean things about other racers. I feel like this season showed that Jessica is very competitive and emotional and that she can be a poor sport and quite sensitive. In her defence though she was venting and on the show according to Yale and Lifeguards was polite to them so I think overall people are overly critical. I also feel like outrage about Jess being sad at the mat because one of the two teams she bonded strongly with was going home is silly. Post show comments also seem to show that Yale weren’t excluded socially only game wise and IMO deserve criticism for a poor social game. It’s sad some fans just want to find any angle possible to discredit Jody winning or attack their character. I could continue to address other criticism but I will just say that I feel like people really like to judge/define people by their flaws especially on reality TV and Jess, Evan and Brittany get tons of ridiculous and petty hate which is sad. They deserve some criticism for their behaviour and you don’t need to like them but this is a tv show and they are real people.

Looking back on what I predicted about Jody before the season I feel my prediction of Jess and Cody was pretty solid although I didn’t expect a win. Cody was a beast and surpassed my already high expectations for him as a competitor while Jessica was a wildcard who had a good social game. As a couple they didn’t fight and communicated well which was great to see! They really formed an impressive bond going through the BB house which was toxic in BB19. Jessica had little chance of being a great TAR player but she still brought value and did her job in key moments which is why as a team they surprisingly brought home the grand prize. Competitor wise I think Jessica is much better suited for BB and I feel would have been a huge threat to win on BB19 without Cody in the house. It all worked out in the end though, what a storybook journey they went through together.

Overall Yale was actually my second favourite team this season so them coming second was perfect! And Jody joining S30 pushed me to watch some past seasons and made me a fan of TAR so I will certainly be watching S31!

Well said, Ethan. I guess that's part of the reason why Jody was cast. You either love 'em or hate 'em, and so people will find any reason to discredit them. I still remember prior to Morocco when some people were beaming because when they saw the preview with gnomegate, they thought they would have something to bash Jody for. They had their faults, but they were far from the rudest/worst team in recent seasons. What people forget is that they had just gotten out of Big Brother (Cody was out for less than a week) when TAR was filmed. Some people legit need therapy to get acquainted back to the world from Big Brother, so to be thrown into another competition had to have been pretty extreme. I never really expected Jessica to be a great physical competitor, but at the least, she made strategic moves, which can't be said about some of the other teams. I can relate to your last part about Jody pushing you to watch TAR. I'm kind of different in that I used to watch TAR every single season, but prior to season 30, I hadn't watched since Season 24 (for no particular reason, I just neglected the show). Having two of my favorites from BB crossover peaked my interest again. Definitely looking forward to TAR 31.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 08:36:22 PM by Jro »