Author Topic: "JODY" Discussion  (Read 43434 times)

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: "JODY" Discussion
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2017, 10:25:53 PM »
The Jody accounts do not know who won.
How do you know?

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2017, 10:26:45 PM »
The Jody accounts do not know who won.

weren't they the first to report the twins going out 6th and Lifeguards out 5th and not making it to Bahrain?  Wouldn't completely disregard their info just saying... They might have an inside source.

Besides it makes sense with the other clues like the reporter and the way cody and jessica have been acting so happy since coming home.  Espically cody he is smiling in like every single picture now.

Offline buildingpapertowns

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2017, 10:32:40 PM »
Hey all!
New account here, I've been keeping up on RFF all season and decided to make an account to share some info I've gathered.

Through chatting with some who have been keeping up with the race and appear to know the winner (mostly Jody fans, I admit) on twitter, it seems as if Jody has won. One account (not revealed yet for privacy concerns) seems to know someone who worked at the finale, possibly a producer or cameraman. Either way, they were told the winner and many details, which make it appear as if this information is accurate. Along with the cryptic tweets by many seemingly connected Jody accounts, there does not seem to be a question as to the winner.
That's just me, however; I hope you all can help me judge this information for accuracy, and thanks for all you've done!

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2017, 10:34:41 PM »
Well if it’s true this will be an interesting finale since by rff timeline Jody was behind so that will be interesting to see how this shakes out

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2017, 10:49:40 PM »
Are they saying where the final location is?

Cause that would be very telling of whether they truly know or are full of hot air

Offline buildingpapertowns

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2017, 11:01:31 PM »
Are they saying where the final location is?

Cause that would be very telling of whether they truly know or are full of hot air

She said she can't reveal exact place just yet b/c she doesn't want any details released to "cause consequences" for her friend, but as soon as she's certain it's safe to reveal she can give me and a few others everything heard to post
She's a fairly reliable source for me, so I'm inclined to believe her

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2017, 11:04:04 PM »
If they're getting all this information through leaks from production, can those production people get fired. Like, WTF is this? I assume most of the production are veterans of TAR who know the rules.
And shame on anyone mining for information from production who likely signed contracts and could pay up big money in addition to losing their jobs, right?

:wtf:

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2017, 11:11:19 PM »
If they're getting all this information through leaks from production, can those production people get fired. Like, WTF is this? I assume most of the production are veterans of TAR who know the rules.
And shame on anyone mining for information from production who likely signed contracts and could pay up big money in addition to losing their jobs, right?

:wtf:

If they get caught yes absolutely but it is hard to prove.  Usually they tell a friend who tells a friend who tells a friend and it becomes a game of telephone.

Very hard to keep secrets when you know something everyone wants to know, even if you have sworn not too, so leaks happen often in many shows.  Not just for production but for family members/friends of the contestants too.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 11:23:23 PM by Winteriscoming »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2017, 11:37:45 PM »
I find it really funny how Jody fans have popped out of nowhere to TAR live tracking and have claimed throughout the season to have inside sources. You'd think if it was that easy to get 'em, RFF would be overflowing with such sources after years of practice.

Make of that what you will, I'm just expressing my thoughts and opinion.

And at the end of the day, I really wish winner discussion was non-existent here. :/

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2017, 11:52:51 PM »
There is no difference between knowing the winner & knowing the final location as to getting "a source" in trouble. Both bits of info go hand in hand.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2017, 12:00:52 AM »
Can't see your point. ???

We know that the finish line location was secluded, so to know who won you would have to physically be there, while teams running to that location could be seen by any passerby in the streets.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2017, 12:03:05 AM »

We know that the finish line location was secluded, so to know who won you would have to physically be there, while teams running to that location could be seen by any passerby in the streets.

or a family member/friend of the winner.. I don't care what contracts they signed.. How can you not tell (at least indirectly) your mom that you just won the race and $1,000,000.  It would be impossible.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »

or a family member/friend of the winner.. I don't care what contracts they signed.. How can you not tell (at least indirectly) your mom that you just won the race and $1,000,000.  It would be impossible.

The check wouldn't be coming until the Leg 12 episode has aired. Also, the contract is $5 million fine if you reveal about it. And I don't think that you can blame someone such as the winner's family and friends.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2017, 12:24:55 AM »

You believe that the Jody fans know. You believe that friends or family of the winner knows. So do you believe that the friends or family of the winner told the Jody fans?

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2017, 12:33:45 AM »

You believe that the Jody fans know. You believe that friends or family of the winner knows. So do you believe that the friends or family of the winner told the Jody fans?

No.  I am not saying I 100% believe anything.. I am just saying those Jody fans were the first to report the twins were out, and the lifeguards were out.  To brush them off as 100% untrue and making it up I don't think is completely fair.  They have been right before.

Combining that, with the reporter from THR, and the overall way Jody has been acting since they have been off the race I am tending to lean towards it being true.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2017, 04:15:21 AM »
Just to clarify a few points:

Any discussion/speculation of a winner is just that...speculation.

I am not surprised that the Jody fans are speculating they won, I am sure they are all hoping for that outcome, just as fans of the others will be hoping each of their favorites won..

Re Mothers: I have sat next to a LOT of mothers at Finale events...and I can tell you 100% that I have never seen a winners' parents who were not COMPLETELY surprised. Any team who would risk losing their winnings PLUS a multimillion legal suit would be a fool. And none of our winners seem likely to be that much of a fool.

Leaks happen. Sometimes someone posts a pic or a comment that should have been left unsaid. Vendors/sites/local help have either not been asked to sign NDA's or mistakenly do not know what that means.

But NEVER  in my year's here at RFF have I ever seen/been aware of/been given ANY kind of a deliberate PRODUCTION leak. Just doesn't happen. Employees sign contracts, and penalties for disclosing the outcome would be serious indeed. And in my book, essentially accusing production of DELIBERATELY revealing the winners is completely ridiculous. SO THAT discussion ends here NOW.

RFF loves the hunt for pictures/task info/locations, etc. BUT we also realize that spoiling the outcome kills anticipation/suspense and has the potential to hurt the SHOW itself. So RFF DOES NOT REVEAL THE FINALE THREE ORDER. Period.

Luckily while we know the arrival times and a bit more about the final 3 at the final location, we don't know the final outcome. And I am pleased as punch that we do not.

But there will be NO MORE ridiculous accusations that production has revealed the outcome. And no more discussions about what other forums or fans do or do not believe. This is RFF, let's talk about the race, our discoveries, where they went and what they did.

If you all would like to continue a purely hypothetical discussion of whether Jody won or not, be my guest. This thread is all about them. Have fun.

But play by RFF rules. ANYONE who posts here to stir up controversy or promote false information will not be here long. Fair warning.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2018, 04:16:51 PM »

They only announced their because someone sold it to TMZ and spilled the news first

Source please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2018, 05:50:54 PM »
You can just google something like "TMZ Jessica Cody". The article was posted a day before their video, and I've also seen people in other places speculating that they probably didn't mean to share this so early.

Tbh that seems like the perfect thing to share post-race.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/15/cody-nickson-proposes-jessica-graf-amazing-race-stars-engaged/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2018, 06:28:54 PM »
You can just google something like "TMZ Jessica Cody". The article was posted a day before their video, and I've also seen people in other places speculating that they probably didn't mean to share this so early.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/15/cody-nickson-proposes-jessica-graf-amazing-race-stars-engaged/

Yes I know. I am wondering where the sold to TMZ came from though.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Janleehop

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2018, 08:29:30 PM »
Question, if Jody shot the engagement video - how did TMZ obtain the video the day before it was announced?

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2018, 11:07:16 PM »
Question, if Jody shot the engagement video - how did TMZ obtain the video the day before it was announced?

:bigwelcome to RFF, Janleehop!

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2018, 07:09:31 AM »

There are 2 different views of the video. It looks like Cody gave his phone to someone that took the long video. The other video is much shorter and a different view. That is the one TMZ has. Looks like it was the guy shown sitting in the long video. Cody has that view in the YT video so the guy must have given it to them as well.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2018, 07:52:07 AM »
Cody commented on a live video by Mark and Elena from Big Brother that whoever shot the video sold it to TMZ and they weren't prepared. I don't think they had even told their families yet that they were engaged.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2018, 08:08:47 AM »
Oh that's a shame. They could have worked out their own release and gotten the media of THEIR choice involved. That isn't right. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2018, 02:11:34 PM »

Yes I know. I am wondering where the sold to TMZ came from though.
Cody did an ig live with Mark and Elena and he was upset telling us that someone sold the engagement story