Author Topic: "JODY" Discussion  (Read 43446 times)

Offline Cpt.Carnage

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: "JODY" Discussion
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 03:35:50 PM »
I'm not sure their big brother experience is relevant to the race. Different people different environment. I don't think discussing big brother fits in this forum.

Took the words right out of my mouth... let's keep this TAR related and only talk about those two when they come up in pictures etc.

Offline thebasketmakerswife

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • talbottaylor.com
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 03:37:40 PM »
Nobody should compare their Big Brother experience to TAR. to Lexie: you are incorrect. Many of the houseguests said they wanted to be friends with Jess & Cody outside of the house. Look up some of the interviews. Jessica became friends with Dom, Jillian, Ramses immediately when she was evicted. Mark and Elena are close with the both of them. And Rachel, who you mentioned, loves JODY and said as much on her twitter. So didn't many of the other past BB hg's. Not only was I a LIVE feeder, I was a loyal listener to RobHasAPodcast. When Cody went after Paul first, Paul went to everyone in the house and convinced them that Cody was evil and so is Jessica by affiliation. He turned the other houseguests against both of them in terrible ways. They couldn't talk to anyone! And nobody would talk to them because they feared Paul's wrath. Jessica's personality changed because she became defensive and went on the attack. It's a perfectly normal human defense mechanism when you are stuck in a house with a Group Bully mentality directed straight at you. And that's what happened. And Paul & his minions continued to attack both of them EVEN when they were out of the house! Right up until the last week of the game they still trashed them two. So when you are basing it on the opinions of the houseguests, you are only talking about PAUL & his minions! Who would want to be friends with them?? And I was one who didn't like Cody and Jessica at the beginning. But how they handled themselves with their backs against the wall everyday and people tormenting them, I was impressed and started to root for them. There's my two cents. ---Sorry the posts about not talking about Big Brother came while I was writing this. But people are wrong to judge them because of what happened in the house. That's all I was trying to convey.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 03:41:06 PM by thebasketmakerswife »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 03:38:55 PM »
I loved Jody but jfc these essays are NOT helping us find out more about the race  :groan:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 03:39:56 PM »
This is the TAR 30 speculation thread, not the BB 19 speculation thread

Offline thebasketmakerswife

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • talbottaylor.com
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 03:42:38 PM »
I agree!! But I felt I needed to say something because it wasn't true what people were writing about their characters. That's all. And they should be judged for their abilities on this race - not from what happened in that awful house.

Offline Lexie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 03:58:23 PM »
I will never forget when Josh went into the lounge area to tell Jessica she was not his target and she freaking lunged for him and screamed like a banshee for him to get out of her face (all he wanted to tell her was he didn't want her to get evicted).  And that fight in the kitchen lasted for well over 30 minutes yet only 2-3 minutes was shown on the TV show.  After those two fights, there was no saving her.  I can't help it - I find her rude and vile.  There is a BB site which keeps track of all statistics from the beginning of the summer to the end.  There were a total of 30 fights in the house during the summer and Cody and Jessica were involved in 26.  The other four fights took place after they were evicted.  I don't think I'm wrong about them.  I don't think anyone on the race will want to work with them.  It's not in their DNA to get along with other people.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2017, 04:02:33 PM »
Can you guys not read?

Offline Lexie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2017, 04:07:46 PM »
Sorry, I realized after my last post this isn't the place to debate Jody love and hate.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2017, 04:13:33 PM »
Sorry, I realized after my last post this isn't the place to debate Jody love and hate.

Okay cool, sorry if I was harsh. Now back to TAR 30 :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2017, 04:43:14 PM »
Bitch, Moan, And Squeal for joy right here.

Anything about THEM or their BB stay goes here.

Anything DIRECTLY related to TAR 30 goes in 30 Discussion.

Got it?? Good.  :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2017, 06:16:52 PM »
Like I've said before I haven't and never will watch Big Brother, so it's going to be interesting to see how they 'play' the race!

Please not be Brendan and Rachel 2.0!

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »
I watched the live feeds too. I don't know what this has to do with the race? It seems a lot of jess and cody fans are clogging up this board with no information about the actual race

No offense to anyone who wants to talk strictly BB, but this thread's kind of the point. Take everything Cody/Jessica (not related to TAR) to its own separate thread, and anything TAR-related goes in its proper thread. Everyone wins.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2017, 09:19:09 PM »
Please not be Brendan and Rachel 2.0!
I hope not! No team will ever be as great as Brendon and Rachel.  :hoot:

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2017, 12:14:04 AM »
Just something that may be relevant to the social skills issue that I don't recall being mentioned. Cody spent several years in the Air Force and Marines and Jessica is some sort of 'VIP concierge'. I would think that both of these would require at least a modicum of social skills to get along. I also watched BB and the feeds. Perhaps in that environment they just didn't want to 'suffer fools gladly'.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 12:43:31 AM »
Considering how toxic the people were in the BB19 house, I actually think their social game might be better this season with TAR being a more positive and active show in general. It's bizarre seeing Cody smile with other teams in view as well in their sightings :lol:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2017, 01:01:11 AM »
Just something that may be relevant to the social skills issue that I don't recall being mentioned. Cody spent several years in the Air Force and Marines and Jessica is some sort of 'VIP concierge'. I would think that both of these would require at least a modicum of social skills to get along. I also watched BB and the feeds. Perhaps in that environment they just didn't want to 'suffer fools gladly'.

Welcome to RFF, ghostbusted!

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2017, 09:13:25 AM »
so i just looked at the pic posted- a jody fan bought them food in the airport because they dont give enough money on the leg for that. That completely gives them an edge over other teams because the sleep and food deprivation starts to mess with your thinking. Thats the whole point of it. Kindve stinks they get preferential treatment because they are known from another show :groan:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2017, 09:22:56 AM »
so i just looked at the pic posted- a jody fan bought them food in the airport because they dont give enough money on the leg for that. That completely gives them an edge over other teams because the sleep and food deprivation starts to mess with your thinking. Thats the whole point of it. Kindve stinks they get preferential treatment because they are known from another show :groan:

Well, there's really no rule against them accepting money from people...I think. Boston Rob got helped plenty.

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2017, 09:30:44 AM »

surely they will be recognized and helped more than NBA All-Star, best competitive eater in the world or Indy500 champion.

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2017, 09:31:52 AM »
Surely they will =) I speak sarcasm too.

surely they will be recognized and helped more than NBA All-Star, best competitive eater in the world or Indy500 champion.

Offline TrustCluster

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2017, 09:33:29 AM »

Guy who gave them the bag with stuff here - I am a big Jody fan and was  hoping to give it to them but if they had ran past me and another team would've seen me, I would still have given it away  :P

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2017, 09:33:48 AM »
Fans always help. An airport skill is using that, if they get a sandwich or some water that is a skill and works for them. I have no problem with it.

I do think they changed the rules about the initial airport, they are not allowed to accept $$ there. And they may have a $$ limit now as well...not sure .

Gone are the days when a cute girl might get handed $500!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bunnyluv

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2017, 12:53:51 PM »
Hoping for a Jody sighting today!

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2017, 08:26:28 AM »
I love them a lot. I am sure there are going to be a lot of people who are going to watch the show just because of them and that's great for TAR  :conf: Jessica is amazing girl and I love how respectful and classy she is. She's definitely someone I'd love to hang out with. And Cody is very relateable for me. You either love him or hate him and I love his personality a lot. It's really a breath of fresh air and I really hope they do well.  :conf: :conf:

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2017, 10:35:30 AM »
I love them a lot. I am sure there are going to be a lot of people who are going to watch the show just because of them and that's great for TAR  :conf: Jessica is amazing girl and I love how respectful and classy she is. She's definitely someone I'd love to hang out with. And Cody is very relateable for me. You either love him or hate him and I love his personality a lot. It's really a breath of fresh air and I really hope they do well.  :conf: :conf:

:groan: :groan:  Those are not two words I would ever use to describe the Jessica I watched on the BB live feeds.  :funny: