Author Topic: "JODY" Discussion  (Read 43567 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: "JODY" Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 12:51:39 PM »
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1007641/big-brother-19-s-jessica-and-cody-bring-their-showmance-to-the-amazing-race/

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 10:30am

You know them from Big Brother Season 19, and now they’re giving The Amazing Race a shot!

Yay, Jessica and Cody! Or, as BB fans referred to them—"Jody!"

On Sunday, Oct. 1 at 11:30am ET, the couple—whose steamy in-house showmance is still going strong IRL—will hit the ground running during the show's live start at Washington Square Park at 5th Ave & Waverly Place in New York City.

How did the couple react to the news?

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jess was floored when she learned they had been picked.

"It all just happened so fast that I had to force myself to stop and take a second to process the information," she said. "Cody was still in Jury sequester and we didn't even get anytime to really talk about it. We're just diving right into another project and it's extremely exciting!"

Cody, BB19's America's Favorite Houseguest, reacted with his usual quiet demeanor: "Just as long as Jess wants to be on it, I'm cool with it."

WATCH: Cody Nickson Gets Voted America's Favorite Houseguest On Big Brother 19

Jess went on to say, "This is something Cody is going to shine in. So this time around, he's the boss. But he shouldn't get use to it."

So far, Jess and Cody are the only confirmed team for Season 30 of The Amazing Race. All other teams will be announced closer to air.

Fans of Race are encouraged to come join host Phil Keoghan in NYC on Sunday and cheer on Jess, Cody, and the rest of the racers at the starting line as they embark on their exciting new journey around the globe.

Best of luck, Jody!

One thing's for sure—the solid foundation they built during Big Brother could get them pretty far on their next adventure together.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:48:25 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 10:09:02 AM »
Jessica posted this message yesterday at LAX before flying to NYC to do TAR...

Hi Darlings!
So sorry we had to leave you but we promise it's for a good reason! Keeping this a secret the last few weeks has been INCREDIBLY hard! At least now I can finally confirm the rumors. Cody and I will be competing on the 30th Amazing Race! CBS keeps surpassing all of my dreams and I'm beyond grateful! I get to race around the world with my best friend and love of my life! Can't wait to bring home the win and celebrate with all of you! Send us some luck & love and we can't wait to tell you all about it once we're home!
Love,
Jess & Cody

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 12:43:28 PM »
Somebody should tell her that there will be no "telling you all about it". :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 01:09:40 PM »
Hope she's got better racing shoes than those flip-flops :funny:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 06:42:10 PM »
Hope she's got better racing shoes than those flip-flops :funny:

Especially if they go somewhere like Iceland! :funny:

Offline Ethan44

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 08:37:36 PM »
I followed BB19 quite closely so I thought I would share my opinion/summary on Jess and Cody for TAR fans who aren't familiar with them. I liked Jess initially but hated Cody because he seemed like a cocky jerk. Cody won power the first week and had to nominate 5 different HGs instead of the normal 2 or 3 because of people quitting and others winning safety. Cody tried to evict the returning HG who eventually made final 2 but this HG had secret safety. Cody didn't tell anybody in his alliance he was targeting the vet HG not even Jess which was stupid and alienated him from the entire house. Despite being blindsided Jess stayed loyal to him which was admirable and they became outcasts as the veteran HG turned everyone against them. Cody left the next week but eventually battle his way back into the house a few weeks later. Once Cody returned they were the underdogs against the entire house, Jessica won power from america and power(HOH) but they didn't use their power well so they were both evicted consecutively a few weeks later Cody in jury and Jessica pre-jury.

Cody became a fan favourite IMO because 1. He was a great competitor 2. He had a certain authenticity that we normally don't see on reality TV because everybody wants to be famous 3. He is very blunt/direct and had tons of funny one liners 4. People connected with him more after hearing him say he isn't really close with anyone not even his family during a fight with Jess, when he talked about his daughter and seeing him cry after a special power used by another HG stripped him of the opportunity to save Jess the week she left.

Jess became a fan favourite IMO because 1. She was tremendously loyal to Cody 2. She had some great speeches (especially her eviction speech) 3. They were under dogs 4. She told all of her fans to vote Cody for America's Favourite Houseguest which was selfless 5. She had a signature bad-ass moment in my opinion when she argued by herself against the house (look it up on Youtube the show doesn't do it justice)

In terms of controversy Cody has made some ignorant comments about trans people that have made some bb fans hate him and furious he is a fan favorite/on TAR. Me and most other Jess and Cody fans don't agree with his comments and hope he can become more educated on the subject. I saw his comments being more out of ignorance and indifference than being malicious but I understand and can respect others view it differently. Some BB fans also like to label him as a racist for going to the Ferguson riots for fun but it seems to me like that is more this weird desire to put himself in danger than anything to do with race.

Jessica generally just gets hate because a few times she attacked other HGs personally which is never good. Although all the other HGs are guilty of this as well and most continued to unnecessarily hate on Jessica and Cody long after they had left the house.

Also when it came to drama in the house most of the fights Jess and Cody had were reactive fights where they were defending each other or had asked several times for space/to leave them alone but the other HG or HGs continued to antagonise them.

I'm hopeful Jessica and Cody will do well on the amazing race. Cody should be a good overall competitor physically and mentally while Jessica is more of a wildcard. She should be good physically from doing hot yoga and running but when it comes to amazing race tasks I'm not sure so we will have to see. Socially Cody is more of a wildcard while Jessica should be strong. Something interesting Cody said in the house that seems perfect for the amazing race was that on his resume he puts "able to quickly learn new tasks and perform them with little to no mistakes" and that always helps him get jobs.                     

I hope this helps you guys understand them better and that you guys give them a chance/form your own opinions of them on TAR30 :)   

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 09:34:45 AM »
Bitch, Moan, And Squeal for joy right here.

Anything about THEM or their BB stay goes here.

Anything DIRECTLY related to TAR 30 goes in 30 Discussion.

Got it?? Good.  :groan:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 05:01:49 PM by georgiapeach »

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 09:58:21 AM »
lol well he already had to wear a frog costume for a week so i guess this wont be different haha

lol why do i just foresee Cody arguing about having to put on the funny looking fry costume and instead quitting the race  :funny:

Either that or he will put it on and just be emotionless for the rest of the leg until he gets to take it off <3

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 01:46:43 PM »
lol well he already had to wear a frog costume for a week so i guess this wont be different haha

lol why do i just foresee Cody arguing about having to put on the funny looking fry costume and instead quitting the race  :funny:

Either that or he will put it on and just be emotionless for the rest of the leg until he gets to take it off <3

Offline TeamBB

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 02:01:38 PM »

The Cody you saw on Big Brother is totally different than the Cody you are going to see on TAR. Its a totally different types of game & environment.  Cody and Jess i feel both will thrive in this game.  I was a live feeder and i know what really happened in the house verse what was showed on the edited show!!!! Please dont judge Cody and Jess from thier big brother game its totally different.   

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 05:44:31 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 02:14:32 PM »
I love Jess and cody. I’m a love feeder as well. They will edit Cody into being emotionless on TAR also though. It’s his thing. Wasn’t being mean in any way. I’m rooting for them to win. Just thought it was funny to think about (no I don’t think he will quit). He had no emotion when putting on the frog suit either .

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 02:46:37 PM »
I watched the live feeds too. I don't know what this has to do with the race? It seems a lot of jess and cody fans are clogging up this board with no information about the actual race

The Cody you saw on Big Brother is totally different than the Cody you are going to see on TAR. Its a totally different types of game & environment.  Cody and Jess i feel both will thrive in this game.  I was a live feeder and i know what really happened in the house verse what was showed on the edited show!!!! Please dont judge Cody and Jess from thier big brother game its totally different.   

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 02:55:00 PM »
I watched the live feeds too. I don't know what this has to do with the race? It seems a lot of jess and cody fans are clogging up this board with no information about the actual race

We know Jess and Cody were not the last team to check in

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 02:56:56 PM »

Yes that was established over a day ago

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 02:58:38 PM »

I was talking about Leg 2 they were not the last team but okay  :groan:

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 03:00:18 PM »
 :)

I was talking about Leg 2 they were not the last team but okay  :groan:

Offline Lexie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 03:01:59 PM »
I guess perception is reality.  I was also a live feeder and I had a totally different view of Cody and Jessica - especially Jessica.  I thought she got the edit of a lifetime on the show and her true self was shown on the live feeds.  I found her to be one of the most vile, nasty and rudest houseguests to be on BB in years (which was not shown for the TV-only viewers).  I could be wrong, but I don't think they will thrive in the TAR environment.  Neither of them are capable of working with others and it is almost impossible to make it far in the race without help from other teams.  These two have absolutely no social skills whatsoever.  In the past other teams have not wanted to work with previous BB teams.  If they didn't want to work with Jeff and Jordan, who were two of the nicest people to go from BB to TAR, I can't see anyone wanting to work with Jessica and Cody. 

If they aren't eliminated before the first U-turn, I will be shocked if they are not the first team to be U-turned.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 03:06:49 PM by Lexie »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 03:05:57 PM »
Big Brother and Survivor are games of strategy and alliance, sometimes the crossovers bring some of that with them to the race. And conflict.

But if what Lexie is saying is true, I'm fully expecting them to find their faces on the receiving end of the first U-Turn board.

Offline Lexie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 03:07:28 PM »
LOL... I just edited my reply that they will be the first team to be U-turned

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2017, 03:08:23 PM »
Oh yes for sure the biggest u turn target  esp by supposedly winning the first leg. That doesn't help

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2017, 03:10:47 PM »
I guess perception is reality.  I was also a live feeder and I had a totally different view of Cody and Jessica - especially Jessica.  I thought she got the edit of a lifetime on the show and her true self was shown on the live feeds.  I found her to be one of the most vile, nasty and rudest houseguests to be on BB in years (which was not shown for the TV-only viewers).  I could be wrong, but I don't think they will thrive in the TAR environment.  Neither of them are capable of working with others and it is almost impossible to make it far in the race without help from other teams.  These two have absolutely no social skills whatsoever.  In the past other teams have not wanted to work with previous BB teams.  If they didn't want to work with Jeff and Jordan, who were two of the nicest people to go from BB to TAR, I can't see anyone wanting to work with Jessica and Cody. 

If they aren't eliminated before the first U-turn, I will be shocked if they are not the first team to be U-turned.
The first week they were fine with interacting with the other contestants. It wasn't until after Cody tried to back door Paul that things changed and the house guest bullied them/ came after them personally did they have a problem with the entire house and didn't interact with them.

Cody was the best competitor of the entire season that they feared him so much so stripped his ability to compete and had to back door him twice just to get rid of him. They will do much better on TAR

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2017, 03:12:49 PM »
And that's exactly why t hey will try to uturn him because they know his competition level.

The first week they were fine with interacting with the other contestants. It wasn't until after Cody tried to back door Paul that things changed and the house guest bullied them/ came after them personally did they have a problem with the entire house and didn't interact with them.

Cody was the best competitor of the entire season that they feared him so much so stripped his ability to compete and had to back door him twice just to get rid of him. They will do much better on TAR

Offline Lexie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 03:23:39 PM »
That's why I said perception is reality.  Jillian said (and other houseguests confirmed) that when either Jessica or Cody were HOH, you couldn't "deal" with them because they would lock themselves up in the HOH room and not socialize with anyone for the entire week.  It doesn't matter how good you are competitively, you must also have social skills to go far in the race - which neither of them possess.  It is virtually impossible to make it far in the race without forming alliances with other team members and I'm a huge BB fan, and I wouldn't work with them if you paid me.

Usually once BB is over, everyone kisses and makes up and they become friends outside the game.  Rachel made several enemies in BB but she became very good friends with them once BB was over.  I think it is very telling that none of these people want to be friends with Jessica and Cody.  But then again, Jessica and Cody have said on many occasions that they "hate everyone." 

JMHO

Offline Kayd2838

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 03:30:20 PM »
I'm not sure their big brother experience is relevant to the race. Different people different environment. I don't think discussing big brother fits in this forum.