Author Topic: "JODY" Discussion  (Read 43655 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: "JODY" Discussion
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2017, 10:36:51 PM »
Notice: I don't want to have to come in and edit a bunch of posts. Feel free to hate, love, agree or disagree with a racer but do NOT get personal with or about other members. It won't be tolerated. Period!

TL
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2017, 01:58:49 AM »
I hope different opinions are welcome here cuz I am NOT a Jody fan. Don't like either of them for reasons too long to get into now. Anyway, I really hope Jody U-Turning the Violinists didn't result  in Violinists finishing last in that leg and being eliminated. Just wanted to vent my frustration about that and I thought this was the best place to do it since it centers on Jody. Sorry if I'm wrong to post here!

You don't have to be a Jody fan to post in this thread.  Trust me, no one dislikes Jessica more than I do (and I keep checking every day hoping they've been eliminated :dick).

Jeez, it's baffling that anyone would proudly proclaim that they dislike someone more than anyone, and I hope you have more going on in your day than doing that  :groan:

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2017, 03:54:16 AM »
How does one dislike someone they've never met  :knock:

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2017, 07:59:08 AM »
The same way people LIKE someone they've never met.  :D
ALL are opinions based on things said and/or done publicly. No big deal either way. Just opinions. :D

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2017, 10:45:59 AM »
Just to make it clear! If we see a post directed at another member, it's not going to be tolerated. Here's a clue! Using the word YOU is the warning sign. It makes it personal. 'Hope you have a great day!" is not a problem. 'YOU need Xanax.' IS a problem

I don't want to come back and deal with problems in this thread again but if I do, I will settle it permanently.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:08:36 AM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2017, 11:09:47 AM »
People act like they were angels from BB19, simply because they were underdogs.... It doesn't excuse their problematic behavior whatsoever.

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2017, 12:33:20 PM »
The same way people LIKE someone they've never met.  :D
ALL are opinions based on things said and/or done publicly. No big deal either way. Just opinions. :D

There's a distinction between supporting someone you know of from watching on a show, and rooting for their success, and being equally invested in someone, you know of in the same way, just to criticize them and hope that they fail. I don't understand what would compel someone to do the latter.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2017, 01:20:34 PM »
Let's stay on topic please. Nothing personal please.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2017, 03:38:08 PM »

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2017, 10:40:16 PM »
"Jody" fans have done some good work, and, at least a few of them are new to TAR, but they are learning as they go, or trying to.  On twitter they've asked some good questions, and appreciated the responses, everything from detours to what "equalizers" are, and basic ones like "how can you go from first place to last place in a race?"

I've been watching since season 1, but I've fallen away from TAR in recent years, not exactly sure why, less TV, got busy, something else on I wanted to watch more, life.

I'm a BB fan though, watch the live feeds, all of it.  Just FYI, this was a particularly disgusting season of BB on the feeds.  "Jody" were the targets of mob bullying lead by a return player.  I got extremely ugly, think your worst bullies in junior high, then max that out and realize adults did it.  "Jody" had their issues, but they remained strong and toughed it out, gaining many fans for that, and more fans for the love story.

SO, oddly enough, "Jody" has brought me back to the first reality show I ever loved.   Not so much as a fan of Jody, though I do like them, but more because it was a reminder for me.  Oh yeah!  I love TAR, why haven't I been watching? 

If it brings the show more viewers, I'm all for them.  Of course they will make mistakes about "spoilers" and be fooled by previous season, and be a bit naive about  trusting trolls.  All in all though?  It's a good trade off IMO for TAR fans.  More people watching and getting excited may bring better ratings, AND frankly, they've also done some great spoiling.  So much enthusiasm!  They make me smile with their newbie investigating.

I was fooled by the previous season photos too, because as I said, I've drifted away, probably haven't watched in 3 or 4 years.  It happens.

Offline Big Mother

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Huge fan of TAR, BB & Survivor
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2017, 10:16:29 AM »
Is this thread a spoiler-free zone about how Jody is doing on the race currently or am I allowed to make a comment about it here? thanks.
The World is Waiting For You

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2017, 10:40:13 AM »
The localite who shared with me that Jody were behind the twins was also startled by huge Jody Fanbase

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2017, 11:14:26 AM »
Is this thread a spoiler-free zone about how Jody is doing on the race currently or am I allowed to make a comment about it here? thanks.

It doesn't specifically say "spoiler free" + I think people want to discus their current position.

Offline Big Mother

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2017, 06:11:19 PM »
Well I want to say that I'm extremely pleased that they are still in the race.... they have a strong shot of making it all the way to the end but even if they don't, they're already in the top seven or so, and those are the more memorable characters. I am so curious how their relationship is faring.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2017, 06:34:27 PM »
Yeah, they've guaranteed themselves lots of screentime already!
I'm really excited to see Jody in action. :)

Offline TrustCluster

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2017, 03:58:32 PM »
Big spoilers:

Show content
I'm so glad they made it all the way. Hope they remember their airport helper :')

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2017, 08:51:08 PM »
Big spoilers:

Show content
I'm so glad they made it all the way. Hope they remember their airport helper :')

You're awesome! I bet they loved it and it gave them a boost!  :conf:

Offline Big Mother

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2017, 10:04:50 PM »
WOW... I can't wait to watch the season!!! CBS was so smart to put them on the show. There'll be a lot of new viewers this spring to TAR.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2017, 10:08:16 PM »
WOW... I can't wait to watch the season!!! CBS was so smart to put them on the show. There'll be a lot of new viewers this spring to TAR.

Hopefully it balances out. The only team that the unspoiled regular TAR fanbase knows at this point is Jody, CBS hasn't officially released the names of any of the other teams. And a lot of them have already threatened on the social media pages to pass on the season entirely based on this one team.

Some nasty comments over on the TAR Facebook page.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:12:48 PM by Maanca »

Offline Pinnacle94080

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2017, 10:34:13 PM »
I think TAR will get more new viewers than those who'll avoid it plus some will still probably watch just to hate on them.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2017, 11:01:35 PM »
In the past, seasons with BB teams, 16, 20 and 24 have had somewhat lower ratings than the previous seasons. To be fair, the trend in television viewership has been steadily downward, so that probably has more to do with it than the teams.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2017, 11:15:35 PM »
Make no mistake - there are a tremendous number of Jody Shippers out there, after all that's how Cody won AFP over Kevin. Although there are a lot of BB superfans who don't want to see ANY of the 19 HGs again, many of them aren't TAR fans to begin with. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them tune in anyways - jut out of curiosity.

Offline Pinnacle94080

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2017, 11:24:41 PM »
Yup I agree. BB got a record breaking #of people voting for Cody to make sure he won AFP. I'm sure their fans and other BB alumni will rally for folks to watch them on TAR especially since they got to F3.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2017, 07:14:26 AM »
Our Former BB Teams have been a great addition to our #TARFamily!

Jeff and Jordan
Rachel and Brendon
and now Jessica and Cody!

I will very happy to welcome them to the TAR community!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2017, 06:54:42 PM »
I didn't say Jody won..

Heck he could be saying he knows Jody made top 3 and got second or third or whatever ..

I am just saying he knows something.. IT wasn't just trolling and he is now backtracking.