Author Topic: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)  (Read 148702 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)
« Reply #450 on: January 04, 2018, 10:11:44 AM »
I think the Express pass has died?
It no longer gives out an advantage anyway. It just sets a target on one's back.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #451 on: January 04, 2018, 10:50:37 AM »
Hope so. But they could still surprise us!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lexie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #452 on: January 04, 2018, 12:53:00 PM »
Didn't the Jody fans tweet that Jody came in first place for the first leg and won an Express Pass?   :xmas49

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #453 on: January 04, 2018, 03:37:17 PM »
Didn't the Jody fans tweet that Jody came in first place for the first leg and won an Express Pass?   :xmas49
lol, i knew not to trust them. the best moment was when Jody lost 1st place to the skiers. (foreshadowing perhaps?  :cmas27 )

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #454 on: January 04, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »
lol I had already forgotten that :cmaslol

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #455 on: January 04, 2018, 05:28:27 PM »
No Express Pass? :(

I wouldn't be surprised if it pops out as like a Leg 6 prize or an additional task like TAR25

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #456 on: January 05, 2018, 04:14:10 AM »
Looking at past seasons with numbers ending in -0...

TAR 10 had a M/M team win, with a F3 consisting of M/M, M/F and F/F. A history was made: First all-female to make F3.
TAR 20 had a M/F team win, with a F3 consisting of M/F, M/M and M/F. A history was made: Winner with most leg wins and highest average (8 and 1.83) and first Big Brother team to make F3.
TAR 30 had ? team win, with a F3 consisting of F/F, M/F and M/F (?). A history was made: ?.

We'll see...

Be wary, this is just a coincidence.
Skiers may become first F/F teams ever win both first leg and final leg

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #457 on: January 13, 2018, 07:32:26 PM »
Eric & Daniel survive the 2nd leg by pit manuvering April's cart and they had the audacity to say sorry to April & Sarah. They did it on purpose! why say your Sorry? Ugh. If I was in the position of April & Sarah I would be fuming mad at the twins.

(Pet Peeve: I just hate it when people say they're sorry for something when they actually have done it on purpose, regardless of the position/circumstance. Yes it's a Race and you have to get ahead of your competitors but don't say sorry when your actions have caused a team their elimination. It adds insult to injury.)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:42:14 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #458 on: January 13, 2018, 09:24:38 PM »
^^ They did what they had to win this leg. That does NOT preclude them being sorry that it had to be two of their closest race friends.

The ones who should be sorry is production. TERRIBLE placement IMO...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #459 on: January 13, 2018, 09:58:06 PM »
I cant fault Eric and Daniel for that. Heck, they even said that April and Sarah were the better team that leg, which I thought was rather humble.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #460 on: January 15, 2018, 02:26:36 AM »
Great second leg, but as usual wrongly implemented twists screw them unnecessarily (lookin' at you Survivor HHH).

And Phil does not make a good Survivor host :lol: The narration during the Frites challenge was horrible :lol: Sorry Phil. :p
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #461 on: January 24, 2018, 02:30:18 AM »
I like how the 3 teams who have won a leg so far seem so... promising, promising to be in the F3. :grins:

Also, it looks like one team will be eliminated per week even on double episodes, except for the one later/tomorrow, but that takes place in the same country, so all is cool. 8)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #462 on: January 25, 2018, 04:05:51 AM »
The editing this season really has been odd. Like, there's some poor editing choices and then overuse of transitional flashes and random cut ins. It's very strange.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #463 on: January 26, 2018, 03:28:36 PM »
No Express Pass? :(

I wouldn't be surprised if it pops out as like a Leg 6 prize or an additional task like TAR25

If it's not the prize for checking in first at the Metronome, then it might well be the death of the EP.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #464 on: January 27, 2018, 06:28:04 AM »
This cast is seriously so good. I like everybody, and almost every team has an interesting dynamic.
I wish they could cast like this without recruits next season!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #465 on: January 27, 2018, 08:42:58 AM »
I like the concept of the Head to Head but it is really not where it is supposed to be on the Leg. That being the sole determinant of the elimination is frustrating to watch. Better if it would be in the middle of the Leg in future Seasons.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #466 on: January 27, 2018, 12:23:36 PM »
I hope they don't show up with the Express Pass now. I've only enjoyed it because it was the 1st leg prize. It's not cool when it goes past that.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #467 on: January 27, 2018, 08:15:49 PM »
I feel like the partner swap would make it difficult for a team to use the EP so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't in this season.

If they were looking for some form of teams skipping task(s) this season they might as well have a FF somewhere  :luvya:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #468 on: January 27, 2018, 08:25:18 PM »
The editing this season really has been odd. Like, there's some poor editing choices and then overuse of transitional flashes and random cut ins. It's very strange.
Could not agree more. Not only is it hard to watch, but it's so cheap! The show is way more intense without the unnecessary transitions!!

Also the camerawork is really odd sometimes. Don't get me wrong, the cameramen of TAR work extremely hard! But rewatch Lucas & Brittany running to the Pit Stop in 1st. It's just so .. shaky?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #469 on: January 28, 2018, 03:12:35 AM »
Could not agree more. Not only is it hard to watch, but it's so cheap! The show is way more intense without the unnecessary transitions!!

Also the camerawork is really odd sometimes. Don't get me wrong, the cameramen of TAR work extremely hard! But rewatch Lucas & Brittany running to the Pit Stop in 1st. It's just so .. shaky?
Definitely agree about it feeling cheap. There are better, more smooth transitions in even free video editing software, tbh.

During the sailing Road Block, they kept using that split screen transition. Like repeatedly within seconds. Having just rewatched the TAR10 Madagascar ep last week, I was struck by how excellent and clever the editing was. Especially during the FF/bed Detour back and forth. No transitions used at all. Just quick and creative cuts to each scene. So much better than what we've seen recently on TAR.

It really does look and feel less professional, which is sad considering how editing had always been one of TAR's strongest points.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #470 on: January 28, 2018, 04:45:03 AM »
The switching partners stuff is not cool for me. I hope they do it for just a task or just a leg.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #471 on: January 28, 2018, 05:24:22 AM »
I feel like the partner swap would make it difficult for a team to use the EP so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't in this season.

Unless it gets awarded at the next Pit-Stop with the same stipulation as Social Media Edition's: usable up to the end of Leg 9, well after the teammate switch twist concludes.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #472 on: January 28, 2018, 06:16:01 AM »
Definitely agree about it feeling cheap. There are better, more smooth transitions in even free video editing software, tbh.

During the sailing Road Block, they kept using that split screen transition. Like repeatedly within seconds. Having just rewatched the TAR10 Madagascar ep last week, I was struck by how excellent and clever the editing was. Especially during the FF/bed Detour back and forth. No transitions used at all. Just quick and creative cuts to each scene. So much better than what we've seen recently on TAR.

It really does look and feel less professional, which is sad considering how editing had always been one of TAR's strongest points.
The editing did used to be so clever. I still don't understand how nowadays they can't fit all team placements. Ihate how we have to rely on insider clips for crucial info.. or to even grow closer to a team. The televised episode should be achieving that...

For example, I actually love Henry & Evan on the insider clips - they had a lighthearted moment of getting into someone's car by accident - would have helped to show that funny moment in the episode.

And Kristi & Jen seem more cutthroat/competitive behind the scenes. They're just racebots on TV imo.

I was rewatching TAR 17 Leg 4 and even Katie & Rachel and Connor & Jonathan's race to the finish was more intense lol.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #473 on: January 28, 2018, 10:33:46 AM »
Great second leg, but as usual wrongly implemented twists screw them unnecessarily (lookin' at you Survivor HHH).

And Phil does not make a good Survivor host :lol: The narration during the Frites challenge was horrible :lol: Sorry Phil. :p

This is still applicable for the past double ep :lol: Head-to-heads at the pitstop are unfair as hell. Great leg though, but ugh.  :faint:

:barf
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #474 on: January 28, 2018, 03:04:13 PM »
This is the first season where I don't like Phil as a host.
Even when his live commentary (with the currently-in-first team passing by) was introduced, I wasn't as annoyed as I am with his Face-Off commentary and general hosting this season.