Author Topic: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)  (Read 148712 times)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)
« Reply #425 on: October 28, 2017, 10:00:39 PM »
Well, there goes the dream of visiting Australia, New Zealand or Fiji.  :groan: They can reserve that continent for next season if ever that happens which I do really hope we get another season. On the bright side a Thailand visit not limited to Bankok or Phuket is great, happy for Chiang Mai to be visited. Hong Kong again, why? it could have been Taiwan but if it means a night leg, I will have no problem. Night legs on Asian cities are  :conf: Here's to hoping the Pro Skiers & Indy 500 make the Final 3 and don't end up like Tiffany & Krista and Matt & Redmond.

That one thing Hong Kong is not on the original route for this season. Australia was included for the original route, but Hong Kong was a last-minute replacement as an alternate penultimate leg.

Why did they replace Australia? :(

As the original route that could include Australia, there is no direct flights between Melbourne and San Francisco.

So we were slated to get Australia in this season ???

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #426 on: October 28, 2017, 11:05:23 PM »
So we were slated to get Australia in this season ???

Just like we were slated to get Nepal too according to "sources"  :haha

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #427 on: October 28, 2017, 11:52:36 PM »
Well, there goes the dream of visiting Australia, New Zealand or Fiji.  :groan: They can reserve that continent for next season if ever that happens which I do really hope we get another season. On the bright side a Thailand visit not limited to Bankok or Phuket is great, happy for Chiang Mai to be visited. Hong Kong again, why? it could have been Taiwan but if it means a night leg, I will have no problem. Night legs on Asian cities are  :conf: Here's to hoping the Pro Skiers & Indy 500 make the Final 3 and don't end up like Tiffany & Krista and Matt & Redmond.

That one thing Hong Kong is not on the original route for this season. Australia was included for the original route, but Hong Kong was a last-minute replacement as an alternate penultimate leg.

This a lie. Please stop spreading false information.  :groan:

I was thinking the same thing. Production would not spend just one leg in that continent given the costs.

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #428 on: October 29, 2017, 10:07:32 AM »
They came to Hong Kong... and literally just a few blocks from where i work and i missed them :didimiss: :chute: :dick :dick
Creating Routes ~

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #429 on: October 29, 2017, 10:45:40 AM »
They came to Hong Kong... and literally just a few blocks from where i work and i missed them :didimiss: :chute: :dick :dick

Unfortunate. They were spotted on both days, too.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #430 on: October 29, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »

Why did they replace Australia? :(

As the original route that could include Australia, there is no direct flights between Melbourne and San Francisco.

They look into a lot of things when setting up the route. Available flights would be high on that list. They need to know that production staff can take an early flight and teams a flight several hours later. I don't think a direct nonstop flight is a must, but if it is, it would have been noticed long ago. In which case, if a nonstop flight was mandatory, Melbourne would never have been on the route. I can't believe they would go to all the trouble of setting up a leg in Melbourne and then a few weeks ahead of time suddenly realize "Hey! No direct flights! Switch to plan B!"

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #431 on: October 29, 2017, 11:57:47 AM »
Probably easier earlier in the route, seems like for finales, they like to have a nice and easy direct flight back to the States.

Substitute countries have happened. According to racers, 19 was supposed to have Laos, and Family Edition was supposed to have Belize. 24 allegedly cut out Philippines and, yup, Australia. All of those were caused by an occurring hurricane/typhoon.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #432 on: October 29, 2017, 01:51:46 PM »

Darn! Wish I had had you on my HK LIST!! You would have had a blast.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #433 on: October 29, 2017, 01:55:40 PM »

As far as I know there is no evidence for this at all. Can you provide a source for this please Claude?  I know we speculated Aus would be overdue for a visit, but I never saw a confirmed route.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #434 on: October 29, 2017, 04:13:45 PM »
Probably easier earlier in the route, seems like for finales, they like to have a nice and easy direct flight back to the States.

Substitute countries have happened. According to racers, 19 was supposed to have Laos, and Family Edition was supposed to have Belize. 24 allegedly cut out Philippines and, yup, Australia. All of those were caused by an occurring hurricane/typhoon.

Australia (Southern) doesn't have cyclones  :funny:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #435 on: October 29, 2017, 08:58:50 PM »
Had you joined our HK ground team, we will have more sightings!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #436 on: October 29, 2017, 09:25:41 PM »
If you live somewhere that TAR might come, PLEASE signup in Peach's List! You never know...

I think I reached out in under 10 min from first HK sighting lol. But often we have time to plan!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #437 on: October 29, 2017, 11:05:26 PM »
I think Claude might be think of TAR 28 where people found a task location in Melbourne ahead of time, saw that it fit the filming schedule and assumed it was us, only to find out it was HaMerotz hosting their penultimate leg. Fwiw Australia (and New Zealand and most islands in Oceania) work a lot better as the first leg(s) especially starting from LAX where they can fly nonstop or with simple connections.

Also I thought about the route and honestly my only complaint is two legs in southern France, especially spaces out the way they were. Replace Arles with Nantes or Toulouse and I'd be all about it  :hoot:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #438 on: October 30, 2017, 01:48:37 AM »
In case anyone is curious about what has been replaced before (at least what I know of)

2: Argentina was cut, replaced with a second New Zealand leg
5: Turkey and Japan were cut, replaced with UAE (Turkey would of been Leg 5, so Egypt and Tanzania were pushed up one leg) and Philippines
8: Belize was cut, I think the half Costa Rica and Arizon leg was what it was replaced with, but I don't remember right now
11: Zanzibar was originally supposed to be half a leg with the other half in the mainland and then a second mainland leg, replaced with a full leg in Zanzibar and Macau (pushing Poland, Malaysia, and Hong Kong one leg)
15: A LOT! At least South Korea, a European country, Ghana, and Brazil were cut, replaced with at least Japan, Netherlands, Sweden, and Estonia.
19: Laos was cut, replaced with a second Thailand leg
24: Philippines and Australia were cut, replaced with two Malaysia legs

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #439 on: October 30, 2017, 07:40:03 PM »
In case anyone is curious about what has been replaced before (at least what I know of)

5: Turkey and Japan were cut, replaced with UAE (Turkey would of been Leg 5, so Egypt and Tanzania were pushed up one leg) and Philippines
8: Belize was cut, I think the half Costa Rica and Arizon leg was what it was replaced with, but I don't remember right now
11: Zanzibar was originally supposed to be half a leg with the other half in the mainland and then a second mainland leg, replaced with a full leg in Zanzibar and Macau (pushing Poland, Malaysia, and Hong Kong one leg)
15: A LOT! At least South Korea, a European country, Ghana, and Brazil were cut, replaced with at least Japan, Netherlands, Sweden, and Estonia.

I only knew the s5 & s24 stuff, thanks for the knowledge

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #440 on: October 31, 2017, 09:06:41 AM »

Season 15 felt like it never made any alterations. I'm genuinely surprised. To me, I'm impressed how pleasantly put that season was despite all of those changes because that is one of my favorite routes. We wouldn't have had wasabi roulette, Detour dynamite, teams experiencing Lena & Kristy's former nightmare, and the Pit Stop run shove.

Just wondering, has season 30 made any last minute changes to their route too?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #441 on: October 31, 2017, 10:05:30 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #442 on: December 21, 2017, 06:17:46 PM »
Here's to hoping for an incredible premiere to ring in 2018! Start off on a high note!
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #443 on: January 01, 2018, 07:13:20 PM »
How can the producers of this show think that people will turn their TV’s and put on TAR if they keep recruiting teams?? What happened to “casting”? What happened to “auditions”? Normal people can’t even dream about being on their favorite show on television, because they know 70% of people racing are chosen by the producers considering some “standars” (cuteness, posibly rating booster, muscles, looks,etc)
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #444 on: January 01, 2018, 07:24:21 PM »
Well hopefully it gets to a more reasonable ratio at least in season 31. But yeah having a lot of recruits isn't the best look for a show (Survivor Fiji)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #445 on: January 01, 2018, 07:37:32 PM »
Interesting tidbit from the latest Goat Yoga Video: http://www.azfamily.com/clip/14017922/goat-yoga-creators-compete-on-the-amazing-race

3 Teams applied.

8 Teams recruited.

sigh.....

In recent seasons, that ratio is probably 5:6 at best, anyway. Yet, for all their recruiting teams they think will be good TV, it obviously hasn't moved the ratings needle in the right direction.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #446 on: January 01, 2018, 08:00:20 PM »
How can the producers of this show think that people will turn their TV’s and put on TAR if they keep recruiting teams?? What happened to “casting”? What happened to “auditions”? Normal people can’t even dream about being on their favorite show on television, because they know 70% of people racing are chosen by the producers considering some “standars” (cuteness, posibly rating booster, muscles, looks,etc)

Agree with this 100% <333

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #447 on: January 01, 2018, 08:04:35 PM »
I don't care about recruits as long as they prove to be good TV  :cmas22

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #448 on: January 02, 2018, 06:30:11 PM »
From the Entertainment Weekly TAR 30 preview of episode 1 in Iceland:

“Heights is not my thing, dangling is not my thing, but The Amazing Race has been a part of my family’s lives for 29 seasons,” says contestant Cedric Ceballos as he makes his way to the flag. “I know my kids will be watching. I didn’t want to but it was for the race.”

Just because you were recruited and never applied doesn't mean you can't be a big fan of the show.

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #449 on: January 03, 2018, 06:19:26 AM »
From the Entertainment Weekly TAR 30 preview of episode 1 in Iceland:

“Heights is not my thing, dangling is not my thing, but The Amazing Race has been a part of my family’s lives for 29 seasons,” says contestant Cedric Ceballos as he makes his way to the flag. “I know my kids will be watching. I didn’t want to but it was for the race.”

Just because you were recruited and never applied doesn't mean you can't be a big fan of the show.

1 out of a million...
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""